Thu, Sep 19, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:15 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Wow ,,, is Renderosity bought by DAZ ?

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 2:23 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:59 PM

What happend here.. is this DAZ site 1.5 ...

Where did the rendo feel go ..

BAH BAH ... look a like ..DONT LIKE IT not for one bit ..

Chris

HERE are my FREEBEE's

AZBO ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 2:27 PM

A horrible colour

Old in the head-New to learning.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 2:28 PM

This new look does suck.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 2:28 PM

They aren't finished as with most things, it takes a minute to tweak and modify everything so please be patient while the techs work through this

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 2:30 PM

Stacey ..please help me ..the colors hurt my eyes and i need them eyes ..

make the blue pain go .....

Help me Stacey ..your my only hope :}

Chris 

BAR-CODE

HERE are my FREEBEE's

ZamuelNow ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 2:35 PM

It's not just the color scheme that's a problem, it actually seems flawed.  The tabs you can hover over were much more useful and just felt like faster navigation over.  To give credit where credit is due, the larger thumbnails at the Marketplace page is good but otherwise the whole thing just feels like a step backwards in the attempt to make things "new".

mattymanx ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 2:44 PM

I have to admit I like that the menu does not appear just by hovering over the title of it.  That always anoys me.  I much prefer clicking on the menu if I want to see it.

grylin ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 2:48 PM

hope the colours change!!!! :/

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 2:49 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 2:49 PM

Its not the errors or bugs that it still has .. it looks nothing like Rendo anymore.

It actualy look like a DAZ ripoff and the feel it had as a Renderosity site is gone..

Pitty ..  

HERE are my FREEBEE's

grylin ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 2:58 PM

i miss the old layout!!!!!!!!!!!!and i liked the rendo logo too!!!!!! ......... anyway

Fenris9 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:26 PM

This new look hurts my eyes AND brain. PLEASE make it stop!!!

goldie ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:30 PM

I don't understand what compels certain sites to constantly change their "look."  I can understand refreshing a "look"  if the site deals with site design/web graphics, but if an enterprise is just selling merchandise such as Renderosity does, this whole remake just doesn't compute for me. Folks should remember that often the site design is a trademark of sorts--an identity.  Why would an enterprise want to look like their competitors?  This new site design only lumps Rosity in with RDNA and DAZ...there is very little now that is distinctive.  Really a shame.

My favorite Rosity design was 2 iterations back.  Looked great and worked well.  Why change if those criteria for a site are met?

gypsyangel ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:33 PM

This is epically bad...

Can't wait to see it when it's...done? 

Sigh...

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:56 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:59 PM

The white hurts my eyes too. Please don't make it white. :(

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:58 PM

I dont mind the white but please change the blue to a dark grey or something neutral.

My Renderosity Store

Digitell ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:59 PM

Quote - Stacey ..please help me ..the colors hurt my eyes and i need them eyes ..

make the blue pain go .....

Help me Stacey ..your my only hope :}

Chris 

BAR-CODE

I ditto that...the colors hurts me eyes too..

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:12 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:14 PM

My thoughts excactly, for a moment I thought I typed in the wrong url...... I do hope we can choose a color scheme or at least the white birghtness will be taken care off. For those of us with eye problems, chronic headaches, brain issues and so on, this is not a happy place anymore.

But I like the improvements otherwise, some of it really makes sense and was long overdue.... in that department well done Rendo, but the colors get a thumb down for sure.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:23 PM

aww come on!! leave it alone - if it is not broken, don't fix it!!! hate hate hate the new look!!!

"it take a minute to tweak, be patient"... Stacey, we don't want the new look, period..why does this keep happening? are the programmers bored?

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

grylin ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:40 PM

gt the oldd look back pls! :((((

Cimarron ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:47 PM

Oh No! Not Rendo too!
Between the grey and white mastheads I've lost a quarter of my page,well almost;)

I love the old rendo, after a day of working on the computer, I could come here, relax, browse and buy products.  
By the end of the day, these colours will make my eyes feel like they're bleeding.

Changing Rendo is like pulling down a grand old emporium everyone knows their way around and loves:(

Savage_dragon ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:54 PM

If you use Firefox, you can download 'Color That Site' & make it any way you like. No problems. ")

I'm Getting old.
My wings are cold.
I think I'll go sit on the sun.
Savage Dragon
"Chronicles of the Dragon Queen"

ssgbryan ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 6:21 PM

Quote - If you use Firefox, you can download 'Color That Site' & make it any way you like. No problems. ")

Yeah, but we shouldn't have to add add-ons to our browser to make up for the incompetence of a site's web designers.

And yes, the color combinations that are being used is incompetence, pure and simple.

RFreise ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 7:32 PM

Hate the color scheme as well gives me headaches from the glare

yoyodyne5 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 7:58 PM

Quote - aww come on!! leave it alone - if it is not broken, don't fix it!!! hate hate hate the new look!!!

"it take a minute to tweak, be patient"... Stacey, we don't want the new look, period..why does this keep happening? are the programmers bored?

My sentiments exactly. I'm still in shock.

Last time, it was (and still is) the awful shade of blue. Now this. It hurts! Make it go away!

tsarist ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 8:12 PM

Quote - I don't understand what compels certain sites to constantly change their "look."  I can understand refreshing a "look"  if the site deals with site design/web graphics, but if an enterprise is just selling merchandise such as Renderosity does, this whole remake just doesn't compute for me. Folks should remember that often the site design is a trademark of sorts--an identity.  Why would an enterprise want to look like their competitors?  This new site design only lumps Rosity in with RDNA and DAZ...there is very little now that is distinctive.  Really a shame.

My favorite Rosity design was 2 iterations back.  Looked great and worked well.  Why change if those criteria for a site are met?

I agree. My favourite Rendo design was 2 iterations ago. It looked great and worked well.

You guys had a better site than your competitors even with the last version.

I thought I had accidentally clicked onto the Daz site (I do that sometimes because they are right together in the bookmarks).

Well, Stacey says its a work in progress, so I'll have faith in the techs at Rendo.

I will give a few Kudos to the techs. The site STILL works. I can still find things and navigate. It doesn't look right, but I can shop, so thanks.

goldie ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 8:15 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 8:17 PM

Quote - > Quote - If you use Firefox, you can download 'Color That Site' & make it any way you like. No problems. ")

Yeah, but we shouldn't have to add add-ons to our browser to make up for the incompetence of a site's web designers.

And yes, the color combinations that are being used is incompetence, pure and simple.

yes, what you say is true, but since there are add-ons for firefox that can handle this design problem, why not use it?  IIRC, the last time--when that horrific blue was the issue, we were, more or less, told to get used to it--not exactly the response one wants to hear, especially since we, the customers, keep food on their tables.  hubris.

i have recolored the whole site to my satisfaction...certain things could look better, but i am satisfied, since, at the least, i don't have to look at those horrible white boxes over that shocking blue background.

modus0 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 8:17 PM

I'm curious as to the reasons for this sudden and unexpected change, though the cynic in me doubts that we'll get any sort of real answer.

And for the "we're still working on things," has Renderosity not been paying attention to DAZ and their troublesome site update last year?

Seems to me like every time Renderosity changes something major in the site, we lose more useful functionality than they add. What will they excoriate next?

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

the_tdog ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 9:24 PM

This is horrible. 

I can't believe anybody would want to emulate Daz, but it would appear that's what's going on here.    Unbelievable!

Fenier ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 9:25 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 9:26 PM

This may just be me..

I work for a major retailer on the east coast, as a web developer.  Specfically, I do front end web design.

It strikes me as exceptionally odd that the following happened:

• Code launch middle of day
  • Code launch not cross browser tested
  • Code launch missing elements
  • Code launch spanning an indefinate period of time 
  • Hotfixes deployed into Production without testing

So I am really not sure I understand the "we're still working on things".   Seems rather... like a lack of formal process that should really be in place if you intend to keep code quality high and be able to deploy it

goldie ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 10:19 PM

Quote - This may just be me..

I work for a major retailer on the east coast, as a web developer.  Specfically, I do front end web design.

It strikes me as exceptionally odd that the following happened:

• Code launch middle of day
  • Code launch not cross browser tested
  • Code launch missing elements
  • Code launch spanning an indefinate period of time 
  • Hotfixes deployed into Production without testing

So I am really not sure I understand the "we're still working on things".   Seems rather... like a lack of formal process that should really be in place if you intend to keep code quality high and be able to deploy it

no, it is not just you.  i agree with you 100%.  i designed and coded web sites back in the 90s when most people didn't know what html was.  i never put up a site without testing it fully before making it live.  as i go through this site, i have noted that so many obvious and easily fixed problems exist.  to expect the users of a site to find and report these glitches is unacceptable and unprofessional to say the least.    i simply don't know what the hurry was to make this particular iteration live.

the_tdog ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 11:13 PM

Quote -   i simply don't know what the hurry was to make this particular iteration live.

Especially since it's so danged ugly!

bebopdlx ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 11:16 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 11:18 PM

I hate this new layout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gypsyangel ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 11:57 PM

I'd have to agree with everyone that said that it was two iterations ago that you had a good, solid site.

I do know one thing---if your intention was to drive people away from the store, GOOD JOB!! Keep up the good work! I went there tonight to go spend some money but the layout and the look wasn't a bit inspiring, so I walked away with my money intact, no new toys. It's not conducive to shopping and browsing. It's clashing and jarring. Makes me want to go somewhere else, which I think I will do right now.

CYA!!

Laura

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:16 AM

Quote - They aren't finished as with most things, it takes a minute to tweak and modify everything so please be patient while the techs work through this

I sincerely hope more than a minute will be spent on "tweaking" the new "improvements."

Guess we'll just have to get used to it... Who listens to us, huh? :-P

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

DocMikeB ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:30 AM

Sorry... but honestly the old layout was a lot better.

This one is too bright and hurts my eyes. Any option available to customize the theme / colors?  

EpiEndless ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 3:35 AM

file_491826.jpg

Well, I've come back this morning hoping to find that the horrible new site was just transitory and that the old aesthetic would be back once things settled down.

It seems not.

Some of my friends have been ripping on the Rendo=DAZ3D theme - hence the logo above.  It's not a compliment.  Seriously.

LilOne ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:58 AM

I don't post much, but ew, what happened to Renderosity?  This is not pleasant to look at and it feels, I don't know, barren?  Void of personality, perhaps.

Why the need for constant visual change when things work as is?

At the very least, give us the option for "classic look" or something like that, please?  With CSS today you can do that without forcing us users to resort to third-party solutions.  Please?

the_tdog ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:14 AM

Quote -  

Some of my friends have been ripping on the Rendo=DAZ3D theme - hence the logo above.  It's not a compliment.  Seriously.

Seems like they're copying Daz right down to the "shooting themselves in the foot" part.

bebopdlx ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 9:27 AM

Only good thing is it's not my computer. I'll come back when you fix it.

foxylady1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 9:55 AM

I am generally better with change, change happens and you learn to adapt.  BUT, this is horrible.  The forum is cutting off text in some threads, the white is blinding (it does look like the DAZ site), and my wishlist is a confusing mess.  What happened to my favorite site?

tcombs ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 10:38 AM

I agree with GypsieAngel! I came here last night to buy stuff with prime coupon and the site was so disturbing that I gave up and wrote a couple of messages to staff in answer to their prime coupon that I wasn't going to spend money tonight.

I left DAZ at least 6 months ago and now my favorite site has ripped off their amature design!

Most distrubing is that you have removed the percentage amount of sales from each sales page.   Did you think people were buying things that were at higher savings and you want to conceal that from them?  Guess what?!!! Smart people try to save as much money as they can in these economic times.   Trying to 'trick' them into buying something won't work.  We have calculators and a miser will spend hours figuring which is best buy.:))

Making your site more "User Friendly" should be in your best interest.  Making it look like a 3rd grader designed it puts you in the same category as designers of DAZ sites and programs. 

DAZ use to have a great "user Friendly" program and site, then they got greedy and tried to compete with Poser and make their program a copy look, and changed their site to trick people into rebuying products they already had and make the promo thumbs look huge. 

What they ended up with  was a program no one would pay for, a new Genesis character that most ignore, and a site design that has driven platinum members away from in droves.  they thought they would take the market over by storm and their site is dying.

So, RR wants to get greedy and make the same mistakes!  Less coupons than before, none above 15%, and taking % off sales price to trick the idiots into buying more, and coming up with one of the worst site designs I have seen in ages!............Need I say more?

gypsyangel ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 10:52 AM

I did get some lovely new toys from DAZ. One dress from Mada to die for. :) And new brushes by deviney. This is money I came here to spend but left with. I also got a notice that something in my wishlist was for sale. It was white lace--but on that white background. Seriously, I couldn't see it. Literally. So, that sale disappeared, too.

As a vendor here, I find it disturbing that you would drive business away from me and my store like this. Any vendor should be concerned. It wasn't a well thought out move. In case you haven't been paying attention, DAZ is suffering from their last change. And it's been months. Following in their footsteps might not have been the wisest choice...

LilOne ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 10:57 AM

Quote -    I left DAZ at least 6 months ago and now my favorite site has ripped off their amature design!

This, and more.  I too gave up on DAZ after the horrid changes to their store and things, I left PC too after many years, what with the awkward and restricting new system with the coupon.

Don't do the same errors, Rendo.  :(

tcombs ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 11:19 AM

I jsut went to DAZ to look at CS brushes and tried to buy some and it said they were 'out of stock' !!

Unbelievable! Daz site is still so screwed up you can't buy stuff. One of the many reasons I gave up membership and only look at the site once a month........like I will probably do at RR if this sited design keeps up. :|

gypsyangel ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 11:41 AM

Quote - I jsut went to DAZ to look at CS brushes and tried to buy some and it said they were 'out of stock' !!

Unbelievable! Daz site is still so screwed up you can't buy stuff. One of the many reasons I gave up membership and only look at the site once a month........like I will probably do at RR if this sited design keeps up. :|

That's just crazy... digital "out of stock"

They should get their polygon elves to restock their digital products then. You know, since it has to go through the interweb tubes...

I'm thinking of all the money these sites are going to save me. :D

But then get annoyed face when I think of all the money they're making me lose... >:-/

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 12:03 PM

Stacey made a posting about the colors being worked at ..

So while they are working on it, can they fix the huge spaces between everything and the bigger then normal font .. and and ... 

C.

HERE are my FREEBEE's

tcombs ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 12:46 PM

Right, I can stop checking 3 times a day to see what's new and what I can now live without.  Saving $$

I know it must hurt worse being a vendor, and waiting for it to get fixed...if ever.

I still like RDNA, so I can look there once a week to keep up.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:34 PM

Just a note in here that while we are open to your comments, feedback, etc bashing or attacking is not allowed as per our TOS so please be respectful and productive.

Regards

Stacey 

igrock77 ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:36 PM

Quote - "---if your intention was to drive people away from the store, GOOD JOB!! "

I agree with Gypsyangel!

I dislike very much this new web site design "improvements". I really love the renderosity web before, and now it just remind me DAZ 3D permanent battle with their own web site...

Used to visit Rendo web site daily, and buy products often, now I do not like to suffer from non-professional web design and bugs... Will wait for next web update - still have hope for things will improve.

Madbat ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 3:16 PM

Stacey, you can delete my posts all you want, the design still sucks.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:17 PM

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but bashing or attacking others won't be tolerated. You are certainly allowed to express your opinion in a productive, tactful and mature way.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.