Fri, Sep 20, 5:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

UHF ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 8:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - Ok so did Rendo do something different with the fomat of their site? None of the pictures a being shown correctly, they are all squished together.

Yes, they have a new look. As for whether it is working, looks ok to me (so far).

It certainly rolled out better than the Daz crashomatic technique...

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 1:03 AM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/368-355706160

file_491816.jpg

A render from my current chapter on D/A

callad ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 1:46 PM

Quote - A render from my current chapter on D/A

A very nice image Bob!

..is it 'me' or do we have a bigger space in the forum? I mean.. the text seems bigger and so do the images. Does that mean we can post bigger than 600 -width-? 

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:11 PM

Thanks

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 5:29 PM · edited Fri, 22 February 2013 at 5:31 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/Sex-cyclops-7-5-355798069

file_491847.jpg

Rendering like this can be a huge time saver since the water is part of the BG wallpaper

I find a lot of IBL renders look like a forground pasted with a BG look

Reggie68 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 1:08 PM · edited Sat, 23 February 2013 at 1:11 PM

"Excuse me, are those cargo pants new?
"I refer to the Runtime Appearance Contract of Penny which clearly stipulates that all newly bought products will be tested by the formentioned Penny in the first instance. They will be tested to see if my bum looks big in them. If that does happen they will be removed from the list of available outfits. Only after this test will they be available for other non-stipulated persons to wear.
"So missy, remove those pants"

Rayman29 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 3:16 PM

file_491934.jpg

Charlie's gorgeous IES spots at work.

Messed up the displacement on this one.  I didn't install the latest version of Lux when I updated Reality.

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 3:18 PM
Amethst25 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 9:35 PM

file_491944.jpg

This image was created using Callad's projector for mesh lights set.  It was so easy to use.

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Jennyver ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 1:59 AM

Hello together

After a year without rendering a first testpicture with the new set from Stonemason.
The Autofit of the Top is not the best but i hope to get this ironed out in the next few days :)

I don't know why so much fireflies but here it is :)

First without edit

Jennyver ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 2:05 AM

And here the edit version.

But i think that is lost a little to much sharpness.

callad ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:07 AM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:07 AM

@ Bobvan

That is one naughty Cyclops! A Cyclops has one eye, right? Now does he also has one ..uhm.. 'you-know-what-I-mean' ? :)

@ Reggie68

You do know there is NO right answer found yet in this world when a woman asks: "Does my bum look big in this?"... :P

@ Rayman20

Very dramatic lighting, I like it! If you had not said anything about displacement I would not have known. :)

@ Amethst25

Very nice Kimmers! Maybe a side-light to her back would make her 'pop out' a lil' more?

@ Jennyver

Beautiful!  Lovely scene and pose! The little red dots aren't fireflies I think. It seems to be a noise created maybe due to some materials having a high specular setting. Those dots can be very persitent, I usually clone them out in photoshop.

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:22 AM

I call this one Henpecked. Please click for larger version.

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:26 AM

Quote - I call this one Henpecked. Please click for larger version.

Very impressive scene and lighting Anton! Those details, wOw!

callad ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:32 AM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:37 AM

Attached Link: ENLARGE first image

Have been working on my 'GEL Cam' set the past few days.

Here are some features:

• 3 small size GEL projection Cameras

• Preview in viewport to exactly position the projection

• Use of camera controls to Easy Pose the GELs

• 98 colored GEL mat-files included

• 150 SHAPE mat-files included

• GEL & SHAPE can be mixed

• GEL mask and SHAPE mask can be mirrored and scaled individually

• Sharpness of the projection can be adjusted from razor-sharp to fuzzy

• 10 presets to load your own image for photo-projection purposes

The possebilities seem to be endless, just do the math: 98 X 150 different projections for each camera. When the three GEL Cams are combined, well... as said, just do the math. :)

Now I have to write the guide, that is going to take some time, then a testing period and then the set is yours.

Here are two examples on what they can do. In the first image Justine is holding an actual GEL Cam so you can see how 'big' it is. The second image shows a random example of two GEL Cams combined. No post work on both images other than adding text in the first one.

GEL Cam

Example

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 5:04 AM

Disco time!

It looks very interesting, can't wait :)

My DA Gallery

john3d ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 5:05 AM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 5:06 AM

file_491959.jpg

You've been busy Charley, very impressive list of contents and your renders are excellent (as per usual).

Personally I got bored and started one of those WIP projects where I fill a room with odds and sods, I need to add a curtain pole and some scatter cushions, then look at it again (and again) :)

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 5:16 AM

Quote - You've been busy Charley, very impressive list of contents and your renders are excellent (as per usual).

Personally I got bored and started one of those WIP projects where I fill a room with odds and sods, I need to add a curtain pole and some scatter cushions, then look at it again (and again) :)

It's a great WIP, would like to see the final result :)

My DA Gallery

Reggie68 ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 8:59 AM

All tested and correct.

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 10:45 AM

Charley that looks promising & the Cyclops does indeed.....

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 10:46 AM

Quote - > Quote - You've been busy Charley, very impressive list of contents and your renders are excellent (as per usual).

It's a great WIP, would like to see the final result :)

Agreed, nice work.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 12:21 PM
bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 12:22 PM
bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 12:23 PM
Xandi ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:51 PM

Charley those gels look amazing!

Bob, your renders are looking great.

Penny as always, looks stunning in whatever she wears.

John, very interesting scene. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished one.

Doctor, your attention to detail is exceptional and the scene itself is terrific.

Xandi ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:58 PM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:59 PM

Attached Link: http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t366/xandi11/Summerwatering4_zpsc10e80d1.jpg

I'm hesitant to post this after seeing everyone's work, but ....here it is. I'm finally posting something again, that counts, right?

Pin up

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 5:06 PM
UHF ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 6:11 PM

Quote - I call this one Henpecked. Please click for larger version.

I really like this render... Mind if I ask how you did the lighting?  Sun?  IBL? for the outside, and regular meshes on the inside?

UHF ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 6:15 PM

Quote - I'm hesitant to post this after seeing everyone's work, but ....here it is. I'm finally posting something again, that counts, right?

Pin up

Actually I find this quite excellent.  I assume IBL for the lighting.

How did you do the ground?  Are the plants Lisa's Botanicals?  (The clothes are Hypwear and Extreme Cut Offs?)

UHF ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 6:25 PM

I'm not sure if anyone else is having PC issues.  Mine was making a racket when I was rendering.

My PC is an ROG mother board, fast fast fast 16GB RAM, and a 3.8Ghz processor with a stock CPU FAN, and Geforce 560Ti (2GB) video card.

The stock fan would go into overdrive when I was rendering.  Given that my last bunch of renders are chewing in excess of 10GB of RAM, with FLM saves > 1.2GB, its no wonder my PC was chugging...  for 3 days through some of these renders.

I just upgraded to water cooling. I put in a Corsair H6O. ('cause thats more than H2O?)

Overall my PC is louder, but it hardly breaks a sweat when I'm rendering. CPU temperature is topping at 70C and holding there.  The loud turbo fan sound is long gone.

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 9:33 PM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 9:36 PM

Quote - LuxRender 1.2 has been officially released. Download it NOW!

http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/download

I was waiting for an update cool. I feel these great plug in & program allow me to be a decent render artist & lets me express my vision!

Xandi very nice!!!!

callad ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 12:23 AM

Quote - I'm hesitant to post this after seeing everyone's work, but ....here it is. I'm finally posting something again, that counts, right?

Pin up

Why on earth should you be hesitant? This is beautiful and I love it! More plz!

lasserine ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 1:59 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 4:40 AM

Pin up

This is a very nice render, Xandi!

My DA Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 4:43 AM · edited Mon, 25 February 2013 at 4:43 AM

Quote - > Quote - I call this one Henpecked. Please click for larger version.

I really like this render... Mind if I ask how you did the lighting?  Sun?  IBL? for the outside, and regular meshes on the inside?

Thank you UHF. Just a sun, and the wall lamps converted to light (which wasn't really neccessary). I removed the roof of the bar to allow more light in.

My DA Gallery

Amethst25 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 2:22 PM

file_492018.jpg

Callad has allowed me to test her new Gel light set.  I'm having a lot of fun trying out all the different features.  Here is just a one of the renders I created.

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

inquire ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 2:33 PM

Quote - LuxRender 1.2 has been officially released. Download it NOW!

Well,  it's not working for me. Should it be named ".app" at the end? It isn't. Should I add that on? There's no icon, for the Mac version at least. Can't add it to the dock. When I double-click to open it, it opens in Terminal.

BradHP ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 2:44 PM · edited Mon, 25 February 2013 at 2:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - LuxRender 1.2 has been officially released. Download it NOW!

Well,  it's not working for me. Should it be named ".app" at the end? It isn't. Should I add that on? There's no icon, for the Mac version at least. Can't add it to the dock. When I double-click to open it, it opens in Terminal.

http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/standalone

Are you sure you got the Mac version? It's about halfway down the page under all the different Windows ones.  It downloads a .dmg for me (but I'm on a PC so I can't actually try to run it).

inquire ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 2:48 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - LuxRender 1.2 has been officially released. Download it NOW!

http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/standalone

Are you sure you got the Mac version? It's about halfway down the page under all the different Windows ones.

OOps! OK That's probably it. Yep, that was it. Got the Mac version now. Sorry.

john3d ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 3:33 PM

Great pic Kim, cannot wait to get my hands on Charley's Gel-lights :)

Xandi ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 4:10 PM

Thank you for the comments on my render, much appreciated.

UHF, the top was enjoy summer by 3d age, the jeans are cut off Jeanz.  The ground and the flowers are Lisa's.  The lighting was 3 meshlights.

Jennyver ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 1:27 AM

Ok, after more than a year away from Studio i need more practice again :)

Here a short testrender with Aiko 5.

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 3:20 AM

A very nice test render / practice :)

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 1:18 PM
bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 1:19 PM
bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 1:22 PM
UHF ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 2:45 PM

bobvan, how fast are you rattling off your renders?  I know that about 1.5 years ago you were just starting Reality, and you had some trouble.

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 2:54 PM · edited Tue, 26 February 2013 at 2:55 PM

It depends it was a year ago I would say 2 to 3 hours on average the one with the girl overhead POV closer to 5 or 6 don't forget I am taking FULL advantage of queue render

I have had renders take as little as 10 & 15 mins. I posted something on my evolution of render times & material tweaking while you were absent..

Xandi ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 4:24 PM

I love the rain, except for something like Sandy, so I made this render.  Let me know what you think. On my screen it looks right, on my husband's it's way too light.  Not too sure what to do about that.Rain

Reggie68 ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 4:26 PM

Penny has a theory on life...

Click for bigger

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.