Thu, Sep 19, 10:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Wow ,,, is Renderosity bought by DAZ ?

Kazam561 ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 9:20 AM

Is anyone using Windows 8? Has the website been redesigned for that? The icons on the sales pages certainly seem to be bigger and sized for touch pads. Am willing to send Renderosity a color wheel (showing complimentary colors and which are opposites). This is pretty hard on the eyes...

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

tcombs ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 3:58 PM

I see some color changes made  but boxes still look amaturish. Get rid of the vast white spaces, or change them to another color.

How hard would it be just to admit the mistake, suck up the money spent, and go back to the old site design?  Be that company that listens to their customers and vendors.

PS: not everyone has the latest and greatest Windows  OS and browsers, because older versions are tried and true.  Seasoned users keep OS that work and are not quick to change to the newest versions that come out.  My experience is, that some updates mess up your programs and your equipment.   

Stuff that works in older versions, usually work in newer versions, but the reverse is not always true. 

tcombs ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 3:32 PM

HERE'S THE MAIN THING..............

The products just don't look as 'appetizing' to buy as they did before when the site was pleasing to look at. 

The promos don't tantilize me into looking at the sales page to make purchases.

booksbydavid ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 3:52 PM

Quote - HERE'S THE MAIN THING..............

The products just don't look as 'appetizing' to buy as they did before when the site was pleasing to look at. 

The promos don't tantilize me into looking at the sales page to make purchases.

Have to agree with this.

Sabby ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 7:05 PM

I believe the white boxes in the promos (and everywhere) are gone. In my opinion, this is looking much better than it was a couple days ago.

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 8:17 PM

Please do a hard refresh if you are still seeing them

Thanks

the_tdog ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 9:18 PM

Quote - I believe the white boxes in the promos (and everywhere) are gone. In my opinion, this is looking much better than it was a couple days ago.

I agree... the site DOES look much better than it did.   I'm still not big on the banner up top... I'd like to see it the same color as the boxes on the side, and there's still a certain "Dazishness" to it, but it's much, much better than it was when it was rolled out.

tcombs ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 11:27 PM

Sorry, after refresh, site still looks ......BLAH!

gypsyangel ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 12:10 AM

While the colors are exponentially better and easier to deal with, the large white space at the top and bottom is still a bit bright. Since I'm on my computer a lot I do have the brightness turned down and it's still a bit overwhelming.

And the store? I don't know...it's jumbly...it's too jarring and everything looks too loud in it or something. I got three pages in and gave it up. I used to be able to get through dozens of pages...but this? I don't know. If I can get used to it? Who knows? If I can, I'll shop. If I can't? Oh well. You won't miss my inconsequential dollars. :)

ghosty12 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 5:19 AM

Well just got to look at the new site and well, it just looks like Daz has bought Rendo the colour scheme is exactly the same as Daz's except where it is white it is grey and so on and so forth.

And well the Rendo title is pretty well uninspired and dull.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

tcombs ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 9:07 AM

Quote - While the colors are exponentially better and easier to deal with, the large white space at the top and bottom is still a bit bright. Since I'm on my computer a lot I do have the brightness turned down and it's still a bit overwhelming.

And the store? I don't know...it's jumbly...it's too jarring and everything looks too loud in it or something. I got three pages in and gave it up. I used to be able to get through dozens of pages...but this? I don't know. If I can get used to it? Who knows? If I can, I'll shop. If I can't? Oh well. You won't miss my inconsequential dollars. :)

You won't miss my dollars either.  I will buy ONLY essential things, but plan to spend much less time on this site than I did before.

Some people just have a hard time admitting that they made a mistake and move on.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 9:40 AM

I know Renderosity has it's own interernal stats, but really, how many 3d artists use IE9? Have you seen their ad campaign? Paraphrasing here but "it stinks a little less".

"Even if you don't use Internet Explorer, you should try it out. Internet Explorer 6 and 7 are embarrassments that you should be ashamed to use. Internet Explorer 8 is acceptable, but no more than that. Internet Explorer 9 is the anti-IE6."

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/03/microsoft-takes-aim-at-hipsters-nerds-with-new-advertising-campaign/

Sure it's got 31% usage stats right now (because every pc comes with IT installed). Most immediately download other browsers. Gambling on Windows 8 (and by virtue IE9) is a bad plan. Very much like gambling on the success of the Zune. Btw, Microsoft is already killing Kinect.

Don't design your website to favor the Microsoft browser (or Windows 8 soon to be gone when Windows 9 comes out). Also this is not Microsoft's first foray into tablets. The previous failed spectacularly.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 9:40 AM

Wow. What just happened with the colors there???  I did not do that...

gypsyangel ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 10:30 AM

Quote - Wow. What just happened with the colors there???  I did not do that...

It would appear that you highlighted the text.

tcombs ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 9:05 PM

THANK YOU!! You've added the percent of sale to sales pages!! Yippie.:) 

I might be able to get use to colors with this back. Thanks for listening!

Toni

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 9:09 PM

tcombs, we are a long way from finished so just bear with us and I think the end result you will love!!  I hate change and it takes me a minute to get used to new colors but I really like these as I wasn't a fan of the blues:)

ghosty12 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 10:08 PM

I spose I can get used to it the marketplce does look better with larger pics amd so on. Still deciding on how wishlist looks.  Product pages do seem to have a neater look about them though the white can be blinding at times.

Surprised at there being no real change to how galleries look thought there might have been unless still in the works.

Now that I have had time I say yes the site looks better just wish the Rendo title was a bit flashier but can't have everything.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

tcombs ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 10:25 PM

StaceyG, thanks, I will keep watching for changes. Still don't stay on long because of the look. Seems to work in Chrome better than IE.

If the white background and white at top of page changed to black, it would be easier to look at, I think.

Renders rewards page is still a mess in IE, but I'll keep checking to see if changes help any with overall look.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 11:07 PM · edited Fri, 01 March 2013 at 11:12 PM

I use either Firefox, Opera and or Chrome due to the fact that I don't trust IE and would not touch it with 10 foot barge pole.

LilRedWagon ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 1:55 AM

Fenier

Online Now!

Last Post: 01 Mar 13

[homepage]
[stats]

Posted Thu, Feb 21, 2013 9:25 pm, Edited Thu, Feb 21, 2013 9:26 pm
This may just be me..

I work for a major retailer on the east coast, as a web developer.  Specfically, I do front end web design.

It strikes me as exceptionally odd that the following happened:

• Code launch middle of day
  • Code launch not cross browser tested
  • Code launch missing elements
  • Code launch spanning an indefinate period of time 
  • Hotfixes deployed into Production without testing

So I am really not sure I understand the "we're still working on things".   Seems rather... like a lack of formal process that should really be in place if you intend to keep code quality high and be able to deploy it

LilRedWagon ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 2:06 AM

By: ssgbryan on 2/28/13
If you had told us of this ahead of time, you wouldn't have gotten anywhere near all of the venom that you had thrown your way.

Talk to your customer base beforehand, not after the fact.

tcombs ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 9:37 AM

IE 7 was my favorite, but I use IE 8 now.  I trust XP Pro over any other Windows OS,  and it won't support anything past IE8.  I have Win 7 on an extra hard disc on my newer pc, and haven't even opened win 7 up. XP is so reliable!
  I only use Chrome to look at Google stats. I hate it.  FF takes an update everyday and got tired of fooling with it.

You know what they say about old dogs and tricks.:))

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 10:15 AM · edited Sat, 02 March 2013 at 10:18 AM

Quote -   IE 7 was my favorite, but I use IE 8 now.  I trust XP Pro over any other Windows OS,  and it won't support anything past IE8.  I have Win 7 on an extra hard disc on my newer pc, and haven't even opened win 7 up. XP is so reliable!
  I only use Chrome to look at Google stats. I hate it.  FF takes an update everyday and got tired of fooling with it.

You know what they say about old dogs and tricks.:)

Yup so true a case of if it ain't broke no need to fix it.  Though I have used XP and have it on another partition of my drive I use Windows 7 exclusively now one main reason being it is the 64 bit version of Win 7 so I can use all 12 gig of system memory that I got installed.

And so far I have had it going for I reckon over a year now which is not bad for me, because when I was using Win XP I would be reinstalling it every six months or so due to it going south on me for various reasons.

But in all that I do not like IE and if I can avoid having to use it I will I don't like it and I don't really trust it.

Fenier ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 10:30 AM

Both Firefox and Chrome operate on a six week release cycle on average.  Additionally they only tend to do mid release deployments when it's a major issue.  That said, Google only supports the most current release of Chrome (which is reasonable since it auto-updates).  Mozilla on the other hand supports the most current release of Firefox and the most current Long term release.

Microsoft will not support Windows XP past 2014.  It's in extended release support as is.  Once support stops, given MS's track record it will begin to suffer security issues.  This is why they are urging people to upgrade to Windows 7 / 8.

tcombs ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 11:24 AM

I use two pc's. Old one (5 years old) for main pc and new one (3 years old) for rendering.

New pc is 64 bit with 16 GB ram.  4 hard drives. One with XP-pro, one with Win 7, and two with total of 2.5 TB  space for data.

So far, this has worked well. Recently had new pc reformatted on spare drive with the win 7, and I hate win 7! Mainly because I don't want to use mail system that comes with it, and I can't let go of Outlook Express.

As long as these systems work for me, I'm a happy camper. I don't like learning curve on complete changes of OS systems and programs, which is why I hate DAZ 4.5, and I'm still using DAZ 3.2.

Some changes are good, but when RR changed to new site design, I didn't like the garrish colors and I'm still trying to deal with it.:(

RFreise ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 11:32 AM

You can download and install Outlook express on your win7 machine. 

And it's legal 

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 2:30 PM

Quote - I use either Firefox, Opera and or Chrome due to the fact that I don't trust IE and would not touch it with 10 foot barge pole.

I second that lol. I now use Chrome solely and wouldn't go back to IE for anything and I'm a person that hates change so it took me awhile to give Chrome a shot but I kept having so many issues everytime IE updated to a new version that I finally decided to change and do NOT regret it at all.  If I have to use a second browser sometimes, I go for FF but never IE

tcombs ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 9:07 AM

Having toruble with traffic and sales?  Probably wouldn't have lost any if site had remained as it was.

Lots of coupons and gimmicks to make visitors come to your site since the site change.

Was it really worth it 'standing your ground' against your customers?

brewgirlca ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2013 at 11:35 PM

Well Chrome may be good for Renderosity admins but most of us have a life outside Renderosity and we are going to be staying with the most popular browser in the world - IE.

That being said I think it would serve you well to cater to the majority of your customer base and fix the bugs that are driving us crazy for staying here...e.g. the tiny text box that we cannot expand in IE and yet is so damn easy to fix by any somewhat capable web programer.

tsarist ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2013 at 5:23 PM

Quote - I second that lol. I now use Chrome solely and wouldn't go back to IE for anything and I'm a person that hates change so it took me awhile to give Chrome a shot but I kept having so many issues everytime IE updated to a new version that I finally decided to change and do NOT regret it at all.  If I have to use a second browser sometimes, I go for FF but never IE

I'm a FireFox man. I'm forced to use IE at work.

Chrome is okay, but I hate that there is no task bar at the top (File, Edit, View, etc) and it's annoying not being able to search a page and all the other things I do with a task bar.

FireFox is king for me.

tsarist ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2013 at 5:27 PM

Quote - Microsoft will not support Windows XP past 2014.  It's in extended release support as is.  Once support stops, given MS's track record it will begin to suffer security issues.  This is why they are urging people to upgrade to Windows 7 / 8.

That's not good news. XP is the absolute best operating system they have ever released.

I have some software that won't work on Windows 7.

I have no idea about 8.

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2013 at 5:46 PM

Quote - They aren't finished as with most things, it takes a minute to tweak and modify everything so please be patient while the techs work through this

....and that was Feb 21st. Today is April 1.  Stacey, I do NOT blame you, you have a horrible job of being the "one in front who takes the flack".... that's awful, and I feel for you...

I just wish the BROKEN things would be fixed and the look would be more like the "home" I wanted to live at more than any other gallery and store on the web! I have stopped spending money (except for the recent coupon, that was too good to pass up) but I avoid coming here as much as I can.... Yet I MISS the place I used to hang out at, make spontaneous purchases inspired by gallery art and credits!!

Now I can't get the pages to load properly, they stretch out, change colors (go all white) and then suddenly squish thin... I use IE8, and will not change my browser that I am comfortable with (that works for all the rest of the Internet!!).

I can't even FIND/SEE the marketplace THUMBNAILS unless the merchant chooses to flag it with the 'nudity' jpg. I can't get the gallery credit menus to work well when setting up a gallery image. Thumbnails in the market place are HUGE still. I hate having to try and scroll to FIND the 'what's new' below the "sponsored" items, which seem to be multiplying like crazy, taking up more room... poor merchants are probably desperate to help people FIND their products?

With all this uproar, I would hope that the powers that be would CHANGE BACK!  Is it really worth it? Has Rendo really made a ton MORE money? I kinda doubt it...when I check in here once a week or so to look, (at all different times) the members on line count is WAY DOWN.  I just cannot understand how a few people who might have good enough eyesight to see this site well enough on an ipad to be able PURCHASE products outweighs the unhappiness of the majority???

Life is hard enough, guys... come on, bring back some happiness???!!!

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Pierrot_Lunaire ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2013 at 4:25 PM

Just to give my opinion about it, I don't like the new rosity look. The old look was much better for me. 

Kazam561 ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 5:25 PM

For an artistic site, draining color to grays and such is not ideal.... Plus there's still the wrong color text on wrong color back ground (try putting an item in your cart that you already have in your cart to see what I mean).  It was a very haphazard rollout of a website redesign. As to the browser preferences, I don't like IE. Microsoft has a long history of trying to limit all your choices to Microsoft products. While they've been forced to change slightly they still get caught and sued (European union yay!!! for forcing changes on Microsoft!!! ) they still are very guilty of it repeatly.

As to the website drop off of users, I do have to admit it seems to peak at around 1600 ish, never getting back to the 3000 user days...

vikinglady ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 4:56 PM · edited Mon, 08 April 2013 at 4:56 PM

Monday, April 8, 2013 4:54 PM
2298 artists currently online

tcombs ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 8:53 PM

Not over 3000 like before site change.

IO4 ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 12:44 AM

I've been noticing a drop in online user numbers - there was time when it seemed to be steadily increasing. Not so nowadays. I'm curious to know why.

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

tcombs ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 12:23 PM

DAH

Daidalos ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 6:21 PM · edited Sun, 12 May 2013 at 6:24 PM

And almost a month and a half later.....Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:12 PM
1159 artists currently online

Nowhere near the numbers we used to see, especially on a weekend when peeps are off and not at work, but I digress...

I do not comment much in the forums anymore. But after reading all five pages of this thread today, felt that I have something to say that's not been said yet. So today I will.

Look folks it's their site to do with as they wish, if the ptb want to make it a success finne, if the ptb want to drive it into the ground, fine they can.

IT'S THEIRS.

IF we the people don't like it, we are always free to open up and or start a site that is more to our own liking. ;)

So whats all the hullabalooh about?

"The Blood is the life!"

gypsyangel ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 7:31 PM

Quote - And almost a month and a half later.....Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:12 PM
1159 artists currently online

Nowhere near the numbers we used to see, especially on a weekend when peeps are off and not at work, but I digress...

I do not comment much in the forums anymore. But after reading all five pages of this thread today, felt that I have something to say that's not been said yet. So today I will.

Look folks it's their site to do with as they wish, if the ptb want to make it a success finne, if the ptb want to drive it into the ground, fine they can.

IT'S THEIRS.

IF we the people don't like it, we are always free to open up and or start a site that is more to our own liking. ;)

So whats all the hullabalooh about?

It's other people's livlihood. That DOESN'T belong to them. They contract with vendors to have the traffic and the ability to sell their items. So while yes, it is their site, they do have an obligation to the people who pay their wages to make sure they do the best they can for their customers and vendors.

If you invest time and money into a company, while it may not be yours, you do have a vested interest, true? Same principle. As such, you should have the right to voice your opinion when they do something you think might be detrimental to your investment.

Laura

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2013 at 8:35 PM

We definitely welcome your opinions and suggestions/feedback always. And of course, everyone is definitely entitled to their own views and opinions. I can say that the programmers are hard at work.  They did get a little sidetracked with another project for another part of the business but are back to work now on renderosity so please be patient with us as we continue working on things.

I also wanna say that as far as overall sales for the marketplace, they have never been better and continue increasing each month and we are very pleased that so many of our vendors are doing so well. The Marketplace changes have definitely resulted in an increase of customers (including record breaking numbers of first time buyers each month for the past several months) as well as overall revenue and as we continue implementing improvements, new features, etc throughout the whole site, we expect things to continue on the upswing!

Thank you

Daidalos ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 12:25 AM · edited Tue, 14 May 2013 at 12:36 AM

@Laura

The PTB here have zero obligation to anyone here. The PTB here are not obligated to let you me or anyone else, or any other vendor, sell a damn thing on their site if they don't wish too.

Even having a membership here, let alone selling products here, is a priveledge, not a right.

IF their actions are affecting your "livelihood" waaah tough.

That's when you as a vendor go someplace else. Or you sit and suffer through the bad decisions you think they've made. IF Renderosity were to close up tomorrow the site would simply be gone, and yes, the vendors would have to go elsewhere to push their wares. Seriously do you think if Renderosity closed up shop, anyone of these vendors would be getting a cut of the proceeds? 

Survey says! No

Because Renderosity is OWNED by someone else. Simple as that, this (Renderosity) is a business people. Not a 70's style socialist commune.

Regards,

Daidalos

"The Blood is the life!"

Michael_C ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 8:08 PM

Fortunately, Renderosity has shown great willingness to listen to and work with vendors.  I don't recall someone on the staff suggesting a vendor take a hike in response to a query or complaint.

My Store - My Gallery - My Freebies - My Web Site

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 9:28 PM

That is correct Michael.  We really truly value all feedback and try our best to listen and do what is beneficial to all. Sometimes it doesn't happen as fast as everyone would like and we can't always do everything every member wants but we do gather all feedback and information and do what we can to please the majority to make Renderosity the very best it can be for all!!

Thank you all for your support!!

Daidalos ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2013 at 6:51 PM · edited Sun, 19 May 2013 at 6:52 PM

That's all I am saying, can't please everyone. I mean seriously I want my cut and paste feature fixed for Chrome users. But that's a minor issue. I do not expect the proggies to just drop what they're doing to fix me. ;)

"The Blood is the life!"

tcombs ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 12:37 PM

Even if I am trying to get use to new site design (not going well), the pages load so darn SLOW! Only 1400 people online now and still unbearably slow.

questo ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2013 at 1:12 PM

Personally, I can live with some of the stylistic changes - but the r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w page load times are getting to be a real pain. Seriously guys, you gotta get this fixed.l

tcombs ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2013 at 2:29 PM

I said the same thing but remarkable new site shows nothing in my post!  3rd time I've seen over 2000 visitors since site change. That seems to affect the slowing down the site, too.:(

tsarist ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2013 at 6:23 PM

Quote - That's all I am saying, can't please everyone. I mean seriously I want my cut and paste feature fixed for Chrome users. But that's a minor issue. I do not expect the proggies to just drop what they're doing to fix me. ;)

If you like the way the site looks or behaves. Wonderful, more power to you.

If you have an issue, speak up!

Your comments sound like a lot of the "cheerleaders" at the "other" site that bashes people that say there is a problem with what's going on.

The site IS improving and part of that is due to people reporting problems and voicing whatever issues they may have.

The staff has been responsive and things are getting better all the time.

SidheRoseGraphics ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2013 at 1:51 PM

Quote - The staff has been responsive and things are getting better all the time.

Nooo, not particularly. I posted in a different thread 2 and half weeks ago about the slowness of the pages and images loading, buttons having to be clicked on 2-3 times before they worked and it's just gotten worse. I'm not the only one. I see it in comments every day that the site is 'buggy' or 'slow' and people are having problems. I had to wait today for probably a minute for this one gallery page to load, and then when it did (after about another 30 seconds) I got a red X in a little box, like it wasn't to be found.

My notification that I had new images to look at was flashing, but when the page loaded I simply got the 'Old' button...until about 40 seconds later, it finally decided to show me the new stuff. This is inexcusable for any site and it only happens on this site - no other.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.