Mon, Jul 8, 4:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 8:11 pm)

Subject: Eeww...What happened to the Forum?

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 11:52 PM · edited Thu, 28 February 2013 at 11:53 PM

I'm still confused about V1,Posetta.
Anyone want to explain the V1,Posetta are or arenot the same mesh mystery to me ?
DAZ was Zygote when Posetta was modeled ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 12:37 AM · edited Fri, 01 March 2013 at 12:42 AM

Quote - I'm still confused about V1,Posetta.
Anyone want to explain the V1,Posetta are or arenot the same mesh mystery to me ?
DAZ was Zygote when Posetta was modeled ?

Daz was Zygote when Posette was modeled and when Vicky 1 was modeled. It wasn't long after Vicky that it changed to Daz tho. Vicky 1 was based on Posette's mesh.

Laurie

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 8:46 AM

file_492141.jpg

This is today afternoon. So? I am supposed to be able to read this? Half of the letters are WHITE on WHITE, only become visible in LIGHT blue when hovering over them.

The other half is a LIGHT GRAY over WHITE.

Windows XP with IE
Windows 7 with IE

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 8:50 AM · edited Fri, 01 March 2013 at 8:54 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

Windows + IE is the STANDARD.

Build for the STANDARD.

If you can not go that?

Go find another job.

I am furious.

This goes on for a week now,

together with that years OLD and MOST end user UN-friendly LARGE HEADER.

There are INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS and CONVENTIONS of what should be in a header or a footer.

Exactly to avoid doubles and tripples. 
With the purpose of making a document standard, and understandable for all.

FOLLOW them.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 9:00 AM

This used to be a good & quality site.

Now barely half of it is readable.

Sorry, this joke has gone far enough.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 9:11 AM

maybe it's a conspiracy to herd us to the store and not hangout so much in the forums?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 9:11 AM · edited Fri, 01 March 2013 at 9:12 AM

file_492142.jpg

> Quote - This is today afternoon. > So? > I am supposed to be able to read this? > Half of the letters are WHITE on WHITE, only become visible in LIGHT blue when hovering over them. > > The other half is a LIGHT GRAY over WHITE. > > Windows XP with IE > Windows 7 with IE

I'm not seeing that. The image above is what I see.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 9:55 AM

Try a forced refresh - ctrl-F5 - and see if that updates the page properly.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 10:32 AM

file_492145.jpg

This evening here : Crtl F5 in freestuff.

Good luck to figure it out. :-)

One has to keep smiling :-)

fonpaolo ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 11:08 AM

Just tried now, I have to say that in IE 8 the forums are a nightmare to watch!

Luckily I use Chrome and it's a lot better.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 11:26 AM

Quote - maybe it's a conspiracy to herd us to the store and not hangout so much in the forums?

Store?
What store?
Where store?
How Store?

I see lots of links, all pointing to pages with; 

WHITE over WHITE, sometimes some LIGHT GRAY over WHITE.

Half of the words readable if you are good at guesswork.

The other half only readable if you select them.
=> Then they become LIGHT BLUE.
More guesswork.

A forum that mostly is 2 monitors wide, but no scrollbar to get there.

Oh, yeah, and some vertical advertising covering what is in the posts.

More gueswork..

Friends??
Write short words.
Long words get lost.
:-) And this after you scrolled down a page.
Passed a BIG BLACK BOX.

And then can start reading the treads.
But do not open a tread?
The window jumps to 2 monitors wide.
Without scrollbar.

To
get
there.

We
all
will
have
to
learn
to
write
in
the
vertical.
:-) 

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 11:29 AM

file_492148.jpg

Should be this page.

Winterclaw ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 11:30 AM

The blue has been murdered!!!  :(

Also the galleries still need to be fixed.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 11:37 AM

Tony,

I just opened up the Forum in IE 9 (both 32 and 64-bit)  and it looks pretty much like it does in Firefox, except there is a blank square about the size of a post at the top of the posts column, possibly an ad frame.  Fonts are all white, yellow or blue on grey.  Do you use some sort of colour plugin?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 12:34 PM
Online Now!

Site looks great in IE 10 (64bit) even the empty box at the top of each forum page has gone.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 1:09 PM

Looks good here, FIreFox and win7.  No problems at all.

Doric

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 1:47 PM

All screengrabs are from Windows XP, 32bit and IE.

No plug-ins, WindowsXP and drivers up to date.

So sorry, but I can only report and show what I see.

This is it.

I am again typing from a to the right elongated forum.
OK, the forum is gray on gray, but in freestuff (to give an exapmple) only half the words show, and they show in a very Light Gray on White.

Windows 7 looks a bit better.

The screen on the tablet and smart Phone will soon need replacing from all the scrolling.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 2:29 PM · edited Fri, 01 March 2013 at 2:33 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Quote - Windows + IE is the STANDARD.

I'm sorry, but no it's not. Not anymore and not for quite a few years (and versions). Of all the browser's that are likely to fuck up a webpage most, IE is at the top of the list.

Oh, and yeah - another FF user here and haven't had any problems since they went gray ;). 64 bit system, 32 bit FF browser.

Laurie

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 3:43 PM
Online Now!

Quote - > Quote - Windows + IE is the STANDARD.

I'm sorry, but no it's not. Not anymore and not for quite a few years (and versions). Of all the browser's that are likely to fuck up a webpage most, IE is at the top of the list.

Oh, and yeah - another FF user here and haven't had any problems since they went gray ;). 64 bit system, 32 bit FF browser.

Laurie

As already stated it also looks fine in IE 10 which is available now for Windows 7.  I know that this does not help those still on XP but it cover soo Windows 7 and 8 users.  I know that does not help those still on XP but with the numbers of browsers now available it must be difficult to design something to work well with everything and make it backwards compatable with IE.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 5:04 PM · edited Fri, 01 March 2013 at 5:19 PM

10 minutes ago, I had a horizontal scrollbarr. Guess what, Its gone.

Ladies and Gentlemen.
At this very moment, 6 of my 9 Poser testing machines are connected and operational.

"We" are the very vocal Poser forum gang.

"We" all have hi end top line machines on our desks.

"We" all have hi speed Internet.

"We" are NOT the average Home Alone Poser End User.

"We" do NOT represent the majority of the Poser users.

50% of all PC's Worldwide are still running WindowsXP.

Some 30-40 % are on Window7.

Windows8 is too new for "the average home alone end user."

On another subject I answered:

"Do we build for ourselves? Or do we build for our clients."

When you are a content creator?
Build for one version BACK.
That usually is where the majority of your clients are.

How many times do we see questions here of Poser-End-Users that are still on Poser 6 or 7?????

Paul Francis ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 5:08 PM

it must be difficult to design something to work well with everything and make it backwards compatable with IE.

Sorry, that's bollocks. This site is now seriously fucked up, I don't know by whom/or why/or for what reason the changes were introduced, but they have decimated a site I used to visit every day.  If I'm an average user, I guess this might count as a fail.  When you factor in the alleged artistic/design sensibility which you might expect as a given on a graphics-related site, it just magnifies the horrendousness 100-fold, multiplied by the number of days this has been going on, equals an exponentially-rising level of true awfulness.  If I've missed the post, forgive me, but I for one would be grateful if the CEO/person responsible would step up to the plate and explain what THE FUCK THEY HOPED TO ACHIEVE BY THIS AMATEURISH, PROLONGED AND....... sorry, words have failed me.

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 10:30 PM

Even if the Language tag has been clicked 1001 times.
You would need to click it again for each and ever post that you cuss in.

Some site do not have any tags so every thing has to be rated G.

I have a PC with Windows Vista IE9 on it.
Renderosity works on IE9
If you have a OS that runs Poser Pro 12
Then you have a OS that will run IE9

We need to remember This is Renderosity site  ,not are site.
Renderosity has the right to do what ever they what to do with there site.
Including throwing anyone they want off there site.

Probably be best if we all acted professional.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 11:07 PM

Don't know what your problem there is, vilters, having none here, but:

For some time now, I haven't been able to buy a computer that didn't have windblows 8 already installed, which I view as typical stupidity for the few places I can buy one without driving out of town.

IE in any of it's versions has long been known to have the welcome mat for any virus out there with so many holes it's FUBAR totally.

And, what I'm seeing in your screenshots, if I remember the one time I did use IE for a month, I seem to remember were the result of IE settings.  With IE, don't ask me how to get to them, I don't know, don't care.

Doric.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 3:36 AM · edited Sat, 02 March 2013 at 3:36 AM
Online Now!

I use IE for two main reasons, firstly I work in a computer shop and believe I should use the same browser that is used by the majority of the shop's customers.  I did use the Chrome for a while but changed, not because I did not like it but I spent half a day trying to make it write temp files to my D drive and not my SSD and gave up.  In IE it is easy, I am not sure on FF, perhaps someone could advise and I will give it a try as it is all good experience.

I can build and fix computers but I am not so hot on software or web design so if it is easy to build a site that suits all browsers and be backwards compatable I stand corrected. 

I accept that the site changes could have been done better but I also think the people who have bothered to complain or suggest improvements in this thread must be a very small proportion of the people using Rendo.  I am not saying we should be ignored but I am not surprsied the site is not built exactly as we would like it. 

On the whole I am happy, the colour scheme works for me in IE9 on Win 7 and in IE10 the empty space has disappeared also, again on Win 7.  I like the item search being at the top of my order list and the prominent display of what I need to spend to get my render reward, which I get most months.

As I said it could have been rolled out better but they have made improvements have continued to update where some companies would just not have bothered so for me they got there in the end.

Saxon3d ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 8:32 AM

just as a matter of interest, if anyone is using IE and having real space viewing issues, might be worth checking the little compatabilty view  tag in the address bar ISN'T highlighted, it makes a huge difference when viewing on IE10.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 5:02 PM

I dont know much about desinging for multiple browsers, but I can look at the top of any forum page and see things that make my hair curl.

Tell me, what's the reason behind:

big type: WELCOME TO THE POSER FORUM

then, the mods

then, a big outlined box that tell you, again, that this is the Poser Forum and then proceeds to squander vertical space like rice at a Presbyterian wedding with a repetitive graphic, poorly stacked type, and a completely unnecessary double rule at the bottom? All of this could be cleaned up and taken back to minimum code.

So what's the probelm here, guys? Why is something so easy apparently so difficult?

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 7:29 AM · edited Sun, 03 March 2013 at 7:30 AM

Yea, I just tried and IE 10 works great...FF (19) works great, and it seems Chrome works great.

I feel bad for XP users, but it's time.  Less than 40% of users now use XP, Win8 is on the rise, heck even Win7 is now losing share (and its good!).

New software (like Photoshop, for instance) is dropping support for XP...even M$ will drop it in 1 year.  Many sites and languages no longer support IE8...the list goes on.

Its 11+ years old, that's 80 in dog years.  Time to teach the old dog some new tricks.

(I still miss the hover over info, though)

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 5:19 PM

I am trying IE6 (yes its that old) I use Firefox and just updated From FF3 to FF18.

Forums look OK , well , very wide and no right side stuff yet but the page is still loading. I also am on a dialup connection.

I am also running win xp on a machine from 2004 with 512 mb memory.

Maybe if you are on an old clunker PC and dialup you are grateful to get anything working even slowly ?

bwahahahahaha :lol:

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 5:45 PM · edited Sun, 03 March 2013 at 5:46 PM

Quote - I am trying IE6 (yes its that old) I use Firefox and just updated From FF3 to FF18.
Forums look OK , well , very wide and no right side stuff yet but the page is still loading. I also am on a dialup connection.
I am also running win xp on a machine from 2004 with 512 mb memory.
Maybe if you are on an old clunker PC and dialup you are grateful to get anything working even slowly ?
bwahahahahaha :lol:

http://www.blender.org/ is Free.

Get Blender make some Poser,DAZ content.
Become a Vender then you can buy a new PC :woot:

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 10:57 AM

I was a vendor and no , the profits would not buy me a PC , they did buy me a bag of Cheezles, a small bag ;-)

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 12:06 PM

Been away for some days, and came back to find it looking better. At least the colours now seem to all go together.

Still some issues with the text in some of the frames to the right, not fitting inside the frame.  For example in the "Tip of the Week".... "Renderosity Gift Certificate" It's" is extending outside the frame.  As is the calendar

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 5:01 PM

Markschum's What you had Cheezles ,and didn't share with us :crying:

Acadia : Newer IE's ,Mozilla browsers seems to work.

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 5:19 PM

Are they not going to do anything about the too larger header and footer?

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 5:40 PM · edited Mon, 04 March 2013 at 5:43 PM

And all that lost space in the header .........

And doubles, and triples.

A date, yeah, it is today, today, I know it is today today and I tkink mostof us know that it is today today.

PLUS a calendar .... who cares??????

And YES, it is the Poser forum, thank you so much. I clicked to get here remember?????

And THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME.
But send flowers instead. or chocolate.

An, oh, YES? there is a forum, why repeat is 5 times when I am already here????

Oh, and please add another 10 links or so to the marketplace.
The header would be soooo lonely without them.

oh, ans shouffle some of those light Gray adds over the forum text.
Just to be sure we can not read anything any more.

And thank your for the second and THIRD "WELCOME to the Poser Forum" lines.

Yeah, I must have missed the first one when I was reading, checking, and X-checking the date.

You sure today is today?

You missed that one in the footer.

LOL.

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 8:02 PM

Regarding the date and the time...It helps me a lot.

I travel all over the world on business and drag poser with me everywhere I go and my database of items purchased. The date where I am is not always the server date as to when a product on sale expires. Plus the time that a coupon code expires on a certain day (server time is always a zillion hours different compared to where ever I am in the worlld and suffering from Jet lag at the time as it is for other uses not located the USA for example or on the otherside of the international date line, etc.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

jif3d ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 11:19 PM

I give up...YOU WIN MOD's and noobie web page designer

I'm outta here !

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 2:40 AM

Yeah, I vote to retain the date and time ;)

Otherwise I'll have to buy a second wristwatch and set it to Rendo time...

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 5:30 AM

Grrr, LOL, unbelievable.

Now I see fading in and fading out in the title?

All tricks are GOOD to make the site slower, and slower, and less and less, end user friendly.

Someone steal this guys tools before all is lost.

PLEASE.

And please, push those Gray side bar adds out of the way.
Sometimes I want to read what is behind them.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 8:15 AM

I still wish they would put a Top of Forum link at the bottom...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 8:41 AM

Quote - I still wish they would put a Top of Forum link at the bottom...

There is one.  Look right under the last post, on the very far left.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 9:28 AM

Quote - > Quote - I still wish they would put a Top of Forum link at the bottom...

There is one.  Look right under the last post, on the very far left.

That's the Top of Page link.  The Top of Forum link at the far left under the banner returns one to the Poser Forum page...

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 10:14 AM

Ahaa, there is a banner in the header that should be a footer?

Yeah, just under those 2 FULL white lines , and above that BOX that is BLACK and a page TALL.

Take a heading of 350° from where you can select what Forum to Jump to.

Oh,There are forums here?

They surely did not warn me enough for those.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 10:16 AM

Sorry webmaster of disaster.

As long as you continue to play Clown, I continue to play Clown.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 10:17 AM

There are International conventions and Standards to be followed.

obm890 ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 10:25 AM

Quote - A date, yeah, it is today, today, I know it is today today and I tkink mostof us know that it is today today.

You sure today is today?

I agree with you about all the wasted space and triple-redundant links, but I find the clock/date line useful. I remember asking for a 'current time in Rendo-land' clock and it appeared soon after, so I guess it's my fault.

It's handy if you need to know exactly when a competition or a sale closes, if you live on the other side of the world it can be hard to figure out which time zone Rendo HQ is in, whether to factor in daylight saving etc. 

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Wed, 06 March 2013 at 11:48 AM

file_492305.png

Colours easier on the eye, but still a problem with crediting vendors when uploading images.

I keep getting a 'script' message (see pic); clicking 'continue' will get rid of it after a while.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2013 at 2:07 PM

file_492369.jpg

It is not getting better

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2013 at 5:24 PM · edited Fri, 08 March 2013 at 5:24 PM

It looks fine for me now... not seeing any layout oddities.

The color scheme they've now ended up with (so far) has grown on me too... ;)

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2013 at 9:03 PM

In IE 9 it's fine.  I wonder if Tony has the text size set larger in Windows' Display properties.  Mine is set at default.

I'd still like a Top of Forum link under the last post, though...

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2013 at 9:51 PM

Judging from how few are having problems,W&W, the problem Tony is having is local.  Looking at it, word wrap  is somewhere way out there.  Years ago I would have said it was somthing like disabling frames, but I don't know if anyone uses frames anymore.  Except then the sidebar wouldn't be in the right place and size, which it seems to be in his screenshot.

I don't know what rendo allows as far as customizing the vewing as that isn't important to me, but it's possible there might be something there that nees resetting.

Doric.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.