Mon, Sep 9, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: make older kids and teens by mixing K4 with M4 or V4 and clothes fit too!

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2013 at 5:37 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:15 PM

Attached Link: link to MP product

file_494008.jpeg

I was a tester of this script but I have no financial gain.

I just think this is a real milestone for us poser users.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2013 at 10:51 PM

file_494017.jpg

One of the really cool things about the scripts is, it's now possible to have siblings that actually look like one another! My image here is the same morph and texture. The only difference is a twist of the "Morph to K4" dial to create the little brother! And yes... it's the same pair of jeans fitting both older and younger boys. The script did it all!

I'm So-o-o-o-o-o excited to see this in the marketplace. I was on the beta team and realized early on what a game changer the script is.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2013 at 10:56 PM

Well V4 and all her varients already look like sisters hehe, but not different aged sisters.  Jokes aside, it's a real poser breakthrough.  It's going to make my comic making very different.

LilWolff ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 12:08 PM

Is it always M4 to K4 or will it take characters that are K4 up to M4 also?

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 12:17 PM

The textures for K4 characters do not expand into m4 size. Sorry, it's a one-way street.

LilWolff ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 12:42 PM

Thank you for the quick reply basicwiz. It is not the texture I am concerned with, it would be the figures shape and face.I am thinking about some of Rawarts K4 figures.

I am pretty sure the Texture convertor2 will do the texture part but I will have to double check.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 12:55 PM

@basicwiz: What one can try is to trick the program, by renaming the figures before installing the morph.

so:

1. spawn M4, spawn the the Kids 4

2. rename the kids 4 to  XYZ

3. rename M4 to "The Kids 4"

Select XYZ and run the install morph script.

But I've never tested this yet. So this is not an official recommendation

LilWolff ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 1:10 PM

Possibilities.... Thanks colorcurvature, understand not official.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 1:29 PM · edited Mon, 29 April 2013 at 1:36 PM

file_494032.png

Mec4D Homo Erectus K4 getting "older"... that was done by "exploiting" the tool by renaming the figures

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 1:45 PM

file_494036.png

Mec4d Jackie used as basis with renamed figures. Interesting. But I do not have any K4 stuff so I cannot tell if the cloth fit machine would accept K4 clothes or not. But textured monsters have at least a chance.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 1:47 PM

But thinking of it, if one targets "near-K4" figures, then using this trick might even be a good idea, because it would (hopefully) make use of K4's JCMs. And one does not have to hack the UVs.

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 3:09 PM · edited Mon, 29 April 2013 at 3:10 PM

Is this trick limited to Generation 4 figures, Hannes?  Could I rename David 3 to 'M4' and, say, Luke 3 to 'The Kids 4' and have it work?  The Gen 3 figures all use the same mesh, too...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 7:01 PM

Go ahead and try.... I didnt try that either.

Morkonan ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 4:51 AM

Just a note: There's no reason why one couldn't remap the base models, that I know of. V4/M4/K4 all use the same mesh, AFAIK. Copy the original base .obj model, rename it so it doesn't replace your original model, then take that copy and remap it. Edit the CR2 to reflect the new reference .obj for the remapped model and, walla, have fun applying whatever textures for that geometry that you wish. (Some texture poses may not work, but that won't keep you from applying the textures to the model by hand, if necessary.)

Note: I've done it, but I've never done it with M4, though I probably should have tried it before posting this. :D I don't have the script mentioned, either, so I don't know how it works. I would imagine it just uses the CR2s as references, so you can control what specific .obj file those reference and remapped geometry, I also assume, is not going to effect the script being run. It's still the same geometry, just with a new UVmap that still obeys the same groupings.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 8:53 AM

You can remap the K4 obj with V4 and M4 uvs with UV mapper classic. 

icprncss2 ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 9:59 AM · edited Tue, 30 April 2013 at 10:00 AM

Both V4 and M4 can be mapped with K4 uvs as well.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 10:07 AM

The question is, why do it. In case you remap the M4, or V4, then I think you should name your new .obj like the old .obj with a prefix or suffix. The optimize bulge script tries to classify the figure based on the .obj name and if that is named totally different it will no longer recognize the figure.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 10:22 AM

Okay, I jumped and spent.  Installed per the readme, and can someone tell me why, and I've checked where the files are, Poser can't find it? 

Doric.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 10:25 AM

What can poser not find? The script? It should be under your Scripts Menu as ColsK4M4 etc.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 10:34 AM

Poser acts like I didn't install it, and using explorer, it's there.  Why poser can't see it, I have no idea.  The files are in the folder, Poser Scripts> colsK4M4, but poser refuses to see it.  PP2012, 3.1

Doric

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 10:35 AM · edited Tue, 30 April 2013 at 10:36 AM

Have you closed Poser and restarted it? If that fails, try a reboot.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 10:41 AM

I just shut the computer down for a few minutes, restarted, no joy. 

Doric

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 10:44 AM

Maybe you have to install as administrator.  Otherwise windows might move the files somewhere else and I do not know if Poser can see them there.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 10:52 AM

Nope, same thing.  I'll keep messing with it, don't think there's anything wrong with the script, this is probably something to do with windows, yet again.  It wouldn't be the first thing I haven't been able to get to run. 

Doric

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 10:53 AM

file_494049.png

@wandw: v3 towards maddie

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 11:00 AM

If I go into the file menu, run python script, it works.  Just that either poser or windblows can't find it in the menu, for whatever reason. PITA.

Doric.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 11:46 AM

Really strange. Maybe poser is searching the scripts in another location.

If this cannot be solved, maybe there is the option of binding the scripts to buttons in the scripts window.

But I still hope we find the problem.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 11:46 AM

Really strange. Maybe poser is searching the scripts in another location.

If this cannot be solved, maybe there is the option of binding the scripts to buttons in the scripts window.

But I still hope we find the problem.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 12:28 PM

Maybe it's been mentioned, but once a figure is morphed,mixed, and otherwise convoluted, can it be saved under a different name?  As in, I have one I call Lynn, designed and dialed to seem about sixteen/seventeen.  Applying the same morphs and textures to the K4mix, the effect of the same face is there, only on a body more like nine or ten.  Could this be called Lynn 10 and saved or will I have to go through the hoops each time I want it?  I know I should have tried, but this is just the results I want, being able to have the faces match the ages I want to use.  This is down from the adults, which I'm so far pretty happy with.

But it can be made to work and that's all I care for right now.

Doric.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 12:30 PM

file_494051.png

@st: here are the 11 fbms of m4 morphs ++, dialed at 0.5, with the mixer morph dialed to 0.5 also. body builder, bulk, definition, smooth

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 12:31 PM

file_494052.png

emaciated, heavy, beerbelly, thin

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 12:32 PM

file_494053.png

superhero, young, jeremy

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 12:35 PM · edited Tue, 30 April 2013 at 12:37 PM

@doric: i do not fully understand. once you have set up the mix figure as described in the manual (convert bulge maps for optimal results), you can save that in the library for reuse. same for your other customizations. just save it as a new figure for reuse.

or is the problem that you already have certain customized figures that you want to add the mix effect to?

i have to leave for now. back in a few hours.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 3:28 PM

Quote - @wandw: v3 towards maddie

Ooo! That's neat!  😄

I'll need to try it with JoePublic's V3WM.  Thanx for checking, Hannes!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

icprncss2 ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 3:51 PM

Open up the Runtime>Python>poserscripts>scriptsmenu folder and see if the script is in the scripts menu folder.  If for some reason it doesn't end up in the scriptsmenu folder, it won't show up in the scripts drop down. 

Morkonan ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 4:08 PM

Quote - The question is, why do it. In case you remap the M4, or V4, then I think you should name your new .obj like the old .obj with a prefix or suffix. The optimize bulge script tries to classify the figure based on the .obj name and if that is named totally different it will no longer recognize the figure.

You can manually adjust the bulges without the script, yes? Besides, you can keep your old .obj files, rename them and adjust the path manually in the CR2, if you're desperate for a vanilla .obj with its original UVs loaded in the CR2.

But, since this script only adjusts the standard V4 mesh, remapping K4 in conjunction with using this script is completely unnecessary. Though, someone might want to remap V4 to use a K4 texture, but it's probably a waste to do that since there's so many good V4 textures out there. (A shortage of M4 by comparison, though.)

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 5:16 PM

Quote - @doric: i do not fully understand. once you have set up the mix figure as described in the manual (convert bulge maps for optimal results), you can save that in the library for reuse. same for your other customizations. just save it as a new figure for reuse.

or is the problem that you already have certain customized figures that you want to add the mix effect to?

i have to leave for now. back in a few hours.

Okay, that's what I was wondering, and what I'll do.  I started with a new V4, added the morphs and ++, started the script and put the Pez morph in.  Works beautiful, and now that I know I can save it as a new character, it will be done.  I haven't played with it much yet, just enough to find out the face stays looking like a younger version of the V4 figure I load in.

Or maybe I should load in the character morph before calling the script?  (I might have done that too, not really sure.  All I know is it came looking like I wanted.)

Doric.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 5:23 PM

Quote - Open up the Runtime>Python>poserscripts>scriptsmenu folder and see if the script is in the scripts menu folder.  If for some reason it doesn't end up in the scriptsmenu folder, it won't show up in the scripts drop down. 

That's where it is, why Poser won't see it but sees everything else remains a mystery to me.  I'll be working on it later, but I found a workaround for now that seems to do what I wanted it to.

Doric.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 7:53 PM

Did you restart Poser after copying it to scriptsmenu?

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 9:16 PM

SInce then, I've shut the computer down at least three times and el zip.  No idea what the reason is, but I still can get it to run from the file menu and the "run python script".  Works, that's all I really care.  Not as convenient, but it still works.

Doric.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 11:30 PM

Found it.  Poser has been spreading itself all over my computer, might be time to go in and take care of some of that.  Like uninstall and start over, which isn't as bad an idea as it may sound.

But it's working, thanks to all.

Doric.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2013 at 2:04 AM · edited Wed, 01 May 2013 at 2:05 AM

file_494062.png

@wandw: v4wm I did not test. Not sure if her new weight maps match up with K4 joint zones good enough. if using v4wm, one has to make sure to use the v4wm without the extra actors. because the extra bones do not exist in k4. speaking of joe, i tried with david and matt (classic david)

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2013 at 5:50 AM

Which david is that?

Love esther

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2013 at 6:01 AM

thats the non-weightmapped one.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 8:26 AM

he looks really nice.  

colorcurvature ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 3:11 PM

I am just realizing, that many (most?) custom characters come with injection but without a full body morph dial. I think for mixer I should make a script to add the missing FBM parameter. Then these are better to use with mixer. Because one can reduce the intensity.

If mixing 0.5 to K4 one should set a character to 0.5 too.

This could bring much more flexibility. For example, when using Mixer, V4 and a morph like GND.

Then the figure looks very odd, not very beautiful. But if GND is reduced accordingly, then it gets much much better.

Yes, I think I make a script to link any custom character morph reducing its effect accordingly.

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 3:21 PM

Cool! It would be very useful!

BTW... I made a David/Matt mix... works like a charm! With this script you have given us a wealth of "new" characters to play with! I cannot thank you enough!

Morkonan ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2013 at 12:55 AM · edited Fri, 03 May 2013 at 1:02 AM

Quote - ...Yes, I think I make a script to link any custom character morph reducing its effect accordingly.

That would be very nice.

Could you, for instance, create a FMB of the target figure, since you can also use a morphed V4/M4 for the target, along side the K4 morph dial?

So, let's say you load up a custom V4/M4. You run your program and it generates the K4 Mix dial and also generates a dial for the original set of morphs active on that figure, but as a FBM. So, you could adjust not only the K4Mix dial, but the FBM dial, as well. (Some morph settings may not work well, here, for FBM's to geometry, like some of the Morphform settings that involve scaling.)

It'd go without saying that this would be an "extra" companion script or a toggle settign on the existing one, not something that is in the standard script and is unswitchable. Not everyone would want their target figure's current morph settings turned into an FBM and those individual settings reset to zero.

Quote - Cool! It would be very useful!

BTW... I made a David/Matt mix... works like a charm! With this script you have given us a wealth of "new" characters to play with! I cannot thank you enough!

Wait.. What?

This works directly on the geometry and isn't tied to a static set of geometry, like V4/M4, but calcs the vertice changes directly between two "morphed" models of the same geometry?

Whoa... I thought it ref'd the object files due to hard-code, didn't realize it was calling them from the CR2 of the figure... If so, you've got a one-click solution for any two CR2s that ref the same geometry, whether they're "figures" or not.

Someone please correct me if I have misinterpreted how the script works relative to what was reported in that quote. Meanwhile, I'm going to fire up Poser and start yanking CR2s around and open up their guts in order to experiment. :)

colorcurvature ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2013 at 1:29 AM

There are certain technical assumptions made, when I was making it for M4 K4.

Its reducing M4 JCMs when the morph is dialed, for example, so they do not distort the smaller figure. These are recognized by name (JCMxxxx, JSMxxxx). I didnt check if this the same for DAZ3, for example. But looking at David, he seems to follow the same pattern.

So yes, its working directly on the geometry, mainly.

Whats M4/V4 hard-coded is the bulge intensity tweak script. This is looking for specific obj files to detect figure type. So this wont work with DAZ3, but if DAZ3 bulge intensity is in general not very different between the figures, then this wouldnt matter so much. One has to try and see. The M4 vs K4 bulge settings are similar, with V4, there is more difference.

And yes, what you write about custom characters, I'm thinking about this too.

Morkonan ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2013 at 5:57 PM

I didn't get to fiddle with it last night. I might tonight. This sleep thing, though. It's getting to me. For some reason, I have to do it almost every night! :/ ;)

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2013 at 9:02 PM

Been playing with Unicornst M4 Nicolas, and the script.  First, I'm using that morph because it gives me kinda the look I'm after, only with the "young" dialed in pretty heavy in the adult form.  But, I've been playing with this trying to scale and dial it down to a younger, young teen figure, and Nicolas doesn't fit that easily.  Ran the script, almost just a one click and I have what I was looking for.  THen, the M4 Cowboy clothes, Okay, I had to hide most of the body in the shirt, big deal, it looks great! 

I've also been playing with the V4 Pez, getting just as good results from the figure, but still have to see what clothes I've got that will match what I want the character to be.  This script, or set of scripts is great!

I have to admit the first time I tried to put both morphed characters in a scene, the results were less than what I expected, but the remove corruption took care of that nicely.  Probably this is going to be one of the most useful things I've put any money on.  Goes without saying I'm having fun, but I just said it anyhow.

Doric.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.