Wed, Sep 18, 5:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:56 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Site: Bugs/Issues - Not for design comments.

wimvdb ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2013 at 7:54 AM

I get 4 tiimes the same notice for sitemail since the last few days. Sometimes a half our apart. This has happened a couple of times now. Is this broken?

TinaK ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2013 at 9:15 AM

Hi wimvdb,

I will make sure someone is aware of this on Monday at the office.  I have gotten this a couple of times myself.

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

wimvdb ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2013 at 9:34 AM

Thanks!

PAnn ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 2:28 PM

I have a problem I am experiencing the last couple of days.

Several days ago I couldn't log on most of the day and kept getting that dreaded white page with the black coding at the top. When I finally got logged on everything was so slow and pages weren't loading as usual.

Since then for the past couple of days and just now, when the opening page opens up, the ad under the menu bar and above the site announcements will not load fully and I get the revolving circle.  If I get impatient and try to click on another page, nothing happens. I can click on the site announcements and then change to other tabs and those work, but that non loading ad won't let me change to another page. I have to close Firefox and try again.  Sometimes it loads okay but most of the time it won't.

I just thought I would let someone know what I have been experiencing the last several days.

TinaK ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 2:33 PM

Thanks PAnn,

I will let our techs know that you are experiencing this issue.  

We have not had anyone else report this issue so I am not sure what could be going on but we will have someone take a look.

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

Vanguard- ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 4:03 PM

Hi,

When I try to add a file to the gallery I get this message in the page when I click the "browse" button.

ERROR: adman element file "buttongroupcom" doesn't exist.

Same for chrome and FF

TinaK ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 4:33 PM

Hi Vanguard-,

I tried this using Chrome and didn't get this issue.

Please send me a screenshot if you are still experiencing this issue.

tinak@renderosity.com

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

Vanguard- ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 5:20 PM

Quote - Hi Vanguard-,

I tried this using Chrome and didn't get this issue.

Please send me a screenshot if you are still experiencing this issue.

tinak@renderosity.com

Thanks

Hi Tina,

I figured it out. It was a problem with a browser ad-blocking plugin, The message I quoted was for an ad button, not the upload buton.

False alarm: apologies.

PAnn ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 11:44 PM

Thanks Tina.

I didn't know if this is anything anyone else is experiencing but I just thought I would mention it.   I have had that white page with nothing but a line of coding at the top before several times when I couldn't get access.

Thanks for the reply.

Pat

Daidalos ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 6:29 PM · edited Sun, 12 May 2013 at 6:34 PM

Hello members of the staff,

I was not sure this is the right place to post this. But I hope this is the right place for this, if not please move this post to the right place for it.

I'm a chrome user. We chrome users cannot simply cut and then paste something into say the reply box, where I am typing.

If we try to do so using our mouse we are given a pop up message stating the following:

Currently not supported by your browser use keyboard shortcuts instead.

Can that please be fixed in chrome? I know it's a minor, minor, minor issue. But one I thought I'd point out in the hopes it will or can be fixed nonetheless.

Good day,

Daidalos

"The Blood is the life!"

TinaK ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 8:48 PM

Daidalos,

I am not sure but I will ask on Monday.

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2013 at 9:00 AM

Does ctrl-v (cmd-v for the Mac) not work in Chrome?

SidheRoseGraphics ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2013 at 3:46 PM

During this last week, the pages on this site have been taking forever to load. When I click on a notice to see an image, many times the image is NOT loaded and I have to sit there and wait for it to load. I can see the text but not the image. This all seems to have started after whatever was fixed at the top and bottom of the page - where we were getting the message that "reference is deprecated".

RodS ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2013 at 1:35 PM

Why is Rendo so slooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww lately? It takes me an average of 5 - 7 minutes to comment on ONE gallery image. First, it takes 2 - 3 minutes for the image to even appear when you click the link in the e-bot. Then another couple minutes to do anything after you type your comment and click the 'submit' button. Then another 2 - 4 minutes if you click the 'add image to favorites' link. I'm way behind on comments and am trying to get caught up, but I just don't have time for this extreme lag time going from page to page.

I don't notice this slowness on other websites - just Renderosity. This issue is consistant with 3 different computers, and using IE, Firefox, or Chrome.

It's much the same when going to the marketplace, or anywhere else within the site. I hope you will address this issue, and not just ignore me.

Thanks,

Rod

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

SidheRoseGraphics ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2013 at 1:53 PM

Thank you Rod!

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2013 at 8:07 PM · edited Sun, 09 June 2013 at 8:07 PM

You're welcome, Ray - not that anyone here is listening......

Helllllllooooooooo.......... waits for echo

tsarist ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2013 at 10:07 PM

Please get rid of the Flash Ads that run across the top of the store pages.

They slow up the site to a crawl.

adorety ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2013 at 8:39 AM

Downloads exceptionally slow lately. I'm clocking speeds of only 90kbs. Additionally I am not receiving ebots anymore. There is nothing wrong with my email, browser or ISP. How about an announcement that this is being looked into?!!!!

Anyone there?

TinaK ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2013 at 9:28 AM

Hi adorety,

This has been looked into and there is an issue with anyone using hotmail or live mail as far as ebots are concerned.  It seems we have been reported as spam and we are on their black list.  I have had a couple with this same issue report back to me today saying that now they are starting to receive again.

I will check on the speed issue and see what we can come up with for you.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2013 at 5:04 PM

file_495169.jpg

Tina, thanks for your response to Art. We were wondering if anyone was even looking at these forums any more...

Here is an example of the slow download speeds we are speaking of.

I just tried a re-download of one of my orders to check the speed. As you can see, it's 119 KB/sec - not even on a par with DSL. I just downloaded several files from another CG website, and the DL speeds were around 2MB/sec. So it's not my network, and it's not my ISP.

When I downloaded the 5 products pictured here, it took over an HOUR at speeds that topped out at around 90KB/sec. I'm sorry, but I just don't have that kind of time.

This is typical of my orders from the RMP - there is rarely a month I don't qualify for Render Rewards. But I'm afraid I'm going to have to take a hiatus from ordering here until this issue is addressed. I really hate doing this - several vendors here are good friends - but as I said above, my time is at a premium these days.

Hopefully this will be addressed soon.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.