Fri, Oct 4, 12:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 11:45 PM

Yay - Lyrra, too :)

Quote -   I know that Sarsa, Mada and Thorne are not all really joined at the hip)

Wait...they're NOT?????!!!!  :P

Wish this forum would add WHO you are quoting - makes it very challenging to read sometimes :/  Sorry, I forgot who said the above.

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 11:49 PM

Quote - > Quote - Tell them the longer we wait and all we have to see is a text wall, the crankier and the more judgemental we'll get! Throw people a bone, so they have little something to do while they wait for the main act.

Patience. Kitteh, patience! :)  I'd rather they do it right and not rush it.  But I'm sure they'll be throwing us a teaser pict soon!(You do know they're not saying "Meow", but "Now!" :)

But, But....   Meeeeeeeow!

kitty does a figure 8 around Chris Creek's feet and looks up

Meeeeeeeeoowowow! 

*facerub on his trousers and a shoelace nib *

Mew?

purr and a paw-curl

Mew Mew ow? 

blink
*whisker twitch *

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

Kenmac ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 12:13 AM
Online Now!

Quote - Here's the answer for your questions around polygon count:

Total Vertices:39096
Total Triangles:1702
Total Quads:37624
Total Faces:39326

Dawn has the following material surfaces:

Cornea
Eyes
Iris
Lacrimal
Pupil
Gums
InnerMouth
Teeth
Tongue
Face
Lips
Arms
Legs
Body
Eyelashes
Eyelashes_Large
Fingernails
Toenails

And has her UV's split across 8 templates files. Her face is on its own map, then arms and hands, then legs and feet, and torso, with additional templates for nails, lashes, inner mouth and teeth, and eyes.

Thanks very much.  :o) Not too poly heavy, just right actually, and thanks for the additional information on the UVs and materials.

AetherDream ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 12:49 AM

Quote - I think the really exciting thing here is that there will be a version for Poser and a version for DAZ Studio.

I think that the team are to be congratulated for deciding to make sure that Dawn will work in both :) :)

I could not agree more. Let's bring this community back together. After all it is about the art we create, the friends we make, the things we learn, not the program we use. 

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 12:56 AM

We will get another render out asap, believe me. Sorry that it's been quiet visually speaking for a while, but we made some people actually go to bed for once this week, so they're getting some much needed shuteye.

Hang in there! We'll get you some things to look.

I've seen several questions regarding morph packs, I know that this is something we plan on doing quite a bit of. We recognize the importance of getting those out to everyone to play with and work with.

As for kids and teens, I know we want to, but cannot comment as to when we would get to that, of course.

Chris has expressed lots of interest in doing ethnic morphs and textures, great creature making morphs and textures, and all the fun stuff we all love. It takes time however, so we'll let you know as those are done. Again, we don't want to be setting expectations beyond what we can deliver on. So, yes, yes, yes we want to give you everything, but we can't do it all at once, and definitely not before we even get the base figure out, lol, so keep making lists and helping us prioritize them based on the interest level around them, we ARE watching and listening very intently but it all takes time, please remember. :)

AetherDream ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 12:57 AM · edited Sun, 23 June 2013 at 1:12 AM

Quote - this looks like a figure I can suport

Have you asked Alpha Seed?

Awesome, I look forward to seeing what you can do for Dawn. I am adding you to the running list of supporting artists that I am preparing to share again at around page 27 as I am certain with how fast the post is growing, that will be either tomorrow or Monday LOL.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

HiveWireChris ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 1:26 AM

Hey there Folks, so just a couple things here.

Someone asked about whether "Dusk" will have the same mesh as "Dawn"? Right now we are planning for them to share the same mesh but have separate and specific rigging.

The "Dusk" bit is a joke. We haven't decided on his name yet. Way too early. But I have always liked the Dusk name myself. Not sure still if it works. But I like the idea of having figures covered from Dawn to Dusk. Perhaps a bit cheesy but I still like the thought.

Someone also asked about content for kids and infants, and anime and others. I love to build content. I love pushing polys around, and the whole challenge and reward of the creative process. I would love, love to model a lil' fatty infant or toddler. Okay, perhaps plump is a better word than fatty, or weight challenged or whatever is the more accepted phrasing these days.

Someone asked about needing to see more images. We get that. Trust us we get that. Right now we have laid the project of the rendering of Dawn in the capable hands of Sarsa. She did the texture maps and a friend of ours did the UVs. Sarsa understands the maps and we've exchanged some dialog about needing some cool and beautiful imagery. From our chat Sarsa was willing to take on the initual renders for the Dawn Base product and a good portion of the previews.

Right now Sarsa is working tons but hopefully is sleeping soundly for more than her typical 3 hours. When she has some time, we'll see more beautiful images.

We at HiveWire are watching things here, as well as other threads. We are listening and taking notes, and gathering concerns to mull over. We will implement those ideas and suggestions that we can and those that make sense and those that we have control over. Some we just won't be allowed to I would imagine.

We are very much encouraged by developments in the new Poser for refitting existing clothing onto Dawn and other figures. Smith Micro has worked it's magic there for sure. Kudos!

So great to feel energy coming from this group of artists. It is very encouraging. You know when you start to make a product and you just hope that people will like it and that it will fill a niche and be allowed to take root and have a following? Well we now have our faith strengthened because of you all here and in the community at large from other postings. This is so very helpful to us in suggesting that those long hours of modeling over the winter and spring may actually bear fruit. Because of the overall reactions and excitement for a new figure line that is working toward filling needs for both Poser and Studio.

So fun!!

P.S. By the way, yes Dawn can raise her arms and hands over her head. She can put her hand behind her head without having to bend her head forward. She can sit cross legged. She can cross her fingers well. She can touch her leg to her chest. She can sit on her heels, and all the other stuff that Steve has already mentioned.

Paul can tell you more about the goodies concerning specifics on the rigging. So very creamy for our first figure out. Dawn 1.O.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 1:32 AM · edited Sun, 23 June 2013 at 1:34 AM

Quote - HiveWireChris- We will get another render out asap, believe me. Sorry that it's been quiet visually speaking for a while, but we made some people actually go to bed for once this week, so they're getting some much needed shuteye.

Hang in there! We'll get you some things to look.

I've seen several questions regarding morph packs, I know that this is something we plan on doing quite a bit of. We recognize the importance of getting those out to everyone to play with and work with.

As for kids and teens, I know we want to, but cannot comment as to when we would get to that, of course.

Chris has expressed lots of interest in doing ethnic morphs and textures, great creature making morphs and textures, and all the fun stuff we all love. It takes time however, so we'll let you know as those are done. Again, we don't want to be setting expectations beyond what we can deliver on. So, yes, yes, yes we want to give you everything, but we can't do it all at once, and definitely not before we even get the base figure out, lol, so keep making lists and helping us prioritize them based on the interest level around them, we ARE watching and listening very intently but it all takes time, please remember. :)

We all know it takes a lot of time and I for one would rather you NOT try to rush this out to try to please the impatient.  It sounds like you guys at HiveWire 3D have it under control and the right ideas so far. You are listening, and that is something that means more to this community than anything.

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 1:35 AM

Quote - Someone asked about whether "Dusk" will have the same mesh as "Dawn"? Right now we are planning for them to share the same mesh but have separate and specific rigging.

This is fantastic news...I was very disappointed that Genesis2 was separate meshes.

If we have the ability to use earlier content(hint, hint...autofit clones) I may just convert from Genesis altogether.

Thanks for letting us know.

Pen

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 1:46 AM

I am downloading Daz Studio 4.6. If this new figure is all I expect, it may be worth learning something about it. I am going to need Daz Studio for Dummies, or someone to take me by the hand and walk me through the process of making things compatible with Daz Studio.

I am a total Poser user - I once spent about half an hour in an earlier version of Daz Studio, got confused and never went back there again. But I can use Blender for modelling and sculpting, and I am quite handy with textures.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 2:26 AM · edited Sun, 23 June 2013 at 2:27 AM

ok, ok so I'll make something for Dawn for sure...

I'm thinking few quick and useful things to start off so you guys don't have to wait forever for large sets at the begining, and it will give me a chance to familiarize myself with the new rig.
Shoes? Basics? Hair?

I haven't decided yet so I'm open to input. Any Thoughts? 
I don't know what other content makers are doing, so if any of you guys want to PM me what to stay away from so we don't duplicate thngs, I'm all ears. :)

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 2:33 AM

I have a feeling a hair converter will be quickly released. Clothes we have the fitting room in 2014, or better yet dynamics. Shoes takes my vote, or even boots ;).

Kerya ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 3:16 AM

Quote - First of all, not  everyone has PP2014. The Fitting Room is only available in that version.

People with P9PP2012P10 don't have that option, so would need a dev rig.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

As somebody who is in the process of giving back PP2014 (don't ask) - I am thankful for people who think of PP2012 owners.

Thanks!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 3:18 AM

Hi all, all questions added to my list and it looks like quite a few of the questions have been answered.

Previous questions have been passed on to the HIveWire3D Team, so don't worry, they haven't been forgotten.

Agree about some more pics, but as mentioned, Sarsa will be doing those. I know we are all wanting to see more (especially me!!! Lol) but we have waited a long time for something like this, so a few more hours etc. is no loss.

The interesting thing is that content is now being asked for, so as to make things easier for people, especially me, can we keep features for Dawn in the Bold Yellow and make content into Bold Light Blue.

The reason for this is, content makers then can see those options being asked for and that can be a seperate list than the features one.

It just makes things easier to work with.

No doubt Netherworks will be working on an addition for his Hair Convertor system (Hin,t hint! lol).

Once Dawn appears, then it would be nice if Studio users would help Poser users with tutorials, and the same with  Poser users helping Studio users.

At the moment it's in the erly hours Utah Time, so we may not get any more new updates as yet, but that won't stop us chatting away.

Nice to see those options coming from Lyrra, look forward seeing them.

It's been nice seeing this thread start off as a gentle rolling thread and then gathering more and more pace as it has gone along. Twenty three pages of people getting along is a rare thing these day, and shows, with the right theme it can be done.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 3:24 AM

Hi Kerya, the new rigging tools in PP2014 are great, but not everyone has that new version. That can be down to various reasons, and as Dawn goes back to Poser 9+ compatability, it is still possible for those users that can rig with a Dev rig to do so.

Hopefully the Dev rig info will have that info for Poser 910Pro 2012 users to work with.

I have PP2014, and use both versions of rigging.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Latexluv ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 3:27 AM

I wish that there was a Universal Texture conversion utility. I bought and still use the one that was available at DAZ. It was money well spent. But if there was one like Clothing Converter works where a texture can be converted to a list of different figures. I've sunk a lot of money into skin resource kits for V3/V4/M4 and if there were a Universal conversion utility, I could transfer those resources to Dawn, or Michelle, or Antonia, or whoever.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

RFreise ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 3:27 AM · edited Sun, 23 June 2013 at 3:28 AM

Quote -  Songbird Ken?   My wishlist must have had a seizure!  :ohmy:

Dana

Right along with mine

Watching with much interest

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 3:31 AM

There are a lot of talanted people out there, so perhaps the texture converter could appear at a future stage.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

danidh ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 4:17 AM

Quote - Someone also asked about content for kids and infants, and anime and others. I love to build content. I love pushing polys around, and the whole challenge and reward of the creative process. I would love, love to model a lil' fatty infant or toddler. Okay, perhaps plump is a better word than fatty, or weight challenged or whatever is the more accepted phrasing these days.

Yes!!!!  A fat little baby.  Holding you to this.  LOL  Dani

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 4:45 AM

Quote - > Quote - this looks like a figure I can suport

They had some interesting comments in this thread...

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?79921-Poserpro2014-gt-gt-gt-Victoria-6-Genesis-2-Female&p=765336&viewfull=1#post765336

...some of their prior posts are even more interesting, but outside the scope of this thread.... 😉

Thanks for the link WandW it is so nice to see some accurate feedback on where we stand as a community from the vendors point of view.  My personal view is that it also shows why we as a community should get behind this venture and work together.  The sides, if there ever were any are artifical, we all enjoy are 3D art and we work better concentrating on what we have in common rather than the differences.

My only fear is that we may be asking just a little too much from Dawn but so far she seems to get better by the day.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 4:52 AM

OK I really don't know whether to ask for this in Yellow or Blue but it is a simple request anyway.  I would like someone to provide some realistic looking eyes without burnt in reflections.  It may be a very personal requirment, or it appears so, as there appear to be very few such resources even for V4.

A lot of my renders are close up and really do like the reflections in the eye be generated from the lighting in the scene.

Doesn't have to be a day one requirement for Dawn but if they never appear it could limit my use at least for close-ups.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 5:16 AM

As for the making child figures ... Poser has gotten a LOT better about bodypart scaling recently. If you use the Animatable centers option on a weightmapped figure you can make a morph that changes bodypart sizes without anything exploding. (for DS users that means it would behave just like the genesis child shape)  This has a lot of potential for sets like my 'Shapes of' to be a lot more user friendly and for making babies and kids much simpler.

I hope someone (that isnt me) makes a bodysuit for the figure in the first content round. Its a great universal item that can fill for other items until more content gets made.

Some animators have expressed concerns about poser weightmapped figures being compatible with c4d and Vue and so forth. I think the Dawn team might want to keep an eye on that issue

Connie - boots and shoes I'd say. those are always the hardest to convert, and best done as native support. Plus you have some awesome boots that I'm sure people would love to see a new figure version for.

Lyrra

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 5:24 AM

The only problem I've had with scaling is that it's never as good as a figure made for the age you're aiming for. At least I've never been able to make a convincing toddler out of an adult.

Laurie

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 5:47 AM

file_495492.jpg

About Poser scaling:

At first I also thought that animateable joint parameters would be a great help to create realistic proportions for adults and children.

But in the end the "new" Poser scaling is flexible enough to create the shapes I want to create and I hardly ever tweak the joint centers anymore.

Figure on the left is V3. The rest are "Davids". All are just morphed and scaled, no joint center editing except the girl in the bikini which was made years ago, so she is "custom rigged" the old fashioned way.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 5:55 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_495493.jpg

Three times V3WM:

Fully morphed and scaled.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 5:56 AM · edited Sun, 23 June 2013 at 5:56 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_495494.jpg

And here's just the scaling:

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 6:00 AM · edited Sun, 23 June 2013 at 6:10 AM

So, while you certainly can painstakingly link your figure morphs to animated joint centers like Genesis does, this is only really usefull for the most extreme shapes.

Everything "more or less human"  in the "7 to 70 yrs" range can easily be done now by scaling alone in Poser.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 6:07 AM · edited Sun, 23 June 2013 at 6:09 AM

I might have to keep using the Gen3 kids....the Kids4 are just too...creepy. LOL

I still don't think you could get a convinicing toddler out of an adult. Ok, I'll concede a teen or even an older preteen, but a toddler is another ballgame entirely ;).

I'm still hoping I see some new ones...eventually :).

Laurie

AetherDream ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 6:43 AM

Quote - ... I'm not reading all of this lol

But yes, for those who have asked - yes I will probably make magnet kits for this figure as needed, as well as support with my upcoming MagicMags setup.

Yes I will make a devkit simialr to my Alyson2 kit, along with the devkits in progress for about 50 other figures.

Yes, I will make a fitroom helper kit, along with the ones I am developing for aforesaid other figures.

Just as soon as I finish writing this book .. half a chapter to go and then its off at the editors!

Lyrra

I am so glad to see your name pop up as I love how versatile your work is. I have gotten a lot of mileage out of your bodysuit for Alyson 2. (writing--I am in a constant state of editing and re-editing my work. Good luck with the publishers.)

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 6:49 AM

file_495496.jpg

Hmm, this is just 20 minutes re-using an old child morph.

With a custom made morph and some scaling blendzone tweaking, I think it's possible.

But, yes, there are limits, of course.

To properly turn David (or Dawn) into a baby, adjusting the joint centers would be necessary.

My point is just, scaling is the more straightforward method, and as long as it works, I prefer it over the more "techie" joint center tweaking.

Which I also do.

If I have to.

The more stuff you add to a cr2, the more easily it can break.

;-)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 7:10 AM

Hi all, started this lis t of things we now know via HiveWire3D. I would have had it up earlier, but my great neice Abigail arrived, and I'm not missing out on time with her!! Lol.

Anyway, here we go, gleened from the past pages, put here as people will no doubt come to the last page and ask questions that have already been asked. So, every so often, I will post an update post with more info as we go:-

What we know:-

Poser version - Poser 9+

Studio version - Studio 4.5+

Dawn is weight mapped in Poser and Studio.

Dawn isn't based on a real person.

A release candidate is beein worked on, no release date at the moment for public use.

Dawn will be free at her launch for a period of time, that time has not been specified.

Add on's will be available on release day, these will be paid for items.

Pixie ears confirmed for Dawn.

Dawn started off in Modo.

Basic info on rigging Dawn content in Poser and Studio.

Dawn is a stand alone figure in both systems, No DSON importer.

Mimic option coming, won't be available at launch.

Dawn of the Dead zombie morph shown.

Netherworks has some tools, but no info as yet.

There will be morph capabilities for Dawn in Poser & Studio.

Installers will be zip files.

Basic mesh suit as a resource kit.

Dev Rigs for Dawn including one for P910PP12 users.

No gential add ons via HiveWire3D. Same with genital detail on textures.

Import into Vue is being looked into.

Dawn Info:-

- Dawn Base figure

- Complete Skin Maps

- Hairstyle

- 10 basic poses

- String bikini

- Skin Map / Texture Resource Kit

- Clothing Developer Resource Kit

- Developer Rig

- Original UV's

No Reduced Resolution at the the moment, but it is on the list for the future.

Dawn Polygon Count:-

Dawn Material Zones:-

Cornea
Eyes
Iris
Lacrimal
Pupil
Gums
InnerMouth
Teeth
Tongue
Face
Lips
Arms
Legs
Body
Eyelashes
Eyelashes_Large
Fingernails
Toenails

UV files in 8 template files.

Kids and Teen, HiveWire3D want to, but cannot confirm details or a start date as yet.

Ethnic and creature morphs coming in the future.

Female and future Male will share same mesh but have seperate and specific rigging.

Hopefully I haven't missed anything off the list, if I have let me know, but the above is info confirmed by the HiveWire3D Team.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 7:24 AM

Hi hornet3d, I would add that as a Blue option and I would agree with you. If they do eyes, please add a non burned on reflection map. It's a bit odd to have a window refelection when the render is outside. Lol.

Hi Lyrra, so agree with that bodysuit, with multiple material zones I can do a lot with it.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 7:26 AM

I'll probably do some eyes....lots of eyes - human and otherwise ;).

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 7:28 AM

Just a note for the HiveWire3D Team, make sure that Evilinnocence and PhilC know what's going on as I'm sure they would be interested in Dawn.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

AetherDream ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 7:35 AM

Quote - Hi all, started this lis t of things we now know via HiveWire3D. I would have had it up earlier, but my great neice Abigail arrived, and I'm not missing out on time with her!! Lol.

Anyway, here we go, gleened from the past pages, put here as people will no doubt come to the last page and ask questions that have already been asked. So, every so often, I will post an update post with more info as we go:-

What we know:-

Poser version - Poser 9+

Studio version - Studio 4.5+

Dawn is weight mapped in Poser and Studio.

Dawn isn't based on a real person.

A release candidate is beein worked on, no release date at the moment for public use.

Dawn will be free at her launch for a period of time, that time has not been specified.

Add on's will be available on release day, these will be paid for items.

Pixie ears confirmed for Dawn.

Dawn started off in Modo.

Basic info on rigging Dawn content in Poser and Studio.

Dawn is a stand alone figure in both systems, No DSON importer.

Mimic option coming, won't be available at launch.

Dawn of the Dead zombie morph shown.

Netherworks has some tools, but no info as yet.

There will be morph capabilities for Dawn in Poser & Studio.

Installers will be zip files.

Basic mesh suit as a resource kit.

Dev Rigs for Dawn including one for P910PP12 users.

No gential add ons via HiveWire3D. Same with genital detail on textures.

Import into Vue is being looked into.

Dawn Info:-

- Dawn Base figure

- Complete Skin Maps

- Hairstyle

- 10 basic poses

- String bikini

- Skin Map / Texture Resource Kit

- Clothing Developer Resource Kit

- Developer Rig

- Original UV's

No Reduced Resolution at the the moment, but it is on the list for the future.

Dawn Polygon Count:-

Dawn Material Zones:-

Cornea
Eyes
Iris
Lacrimal
Pupil
Gums
InnerMouth
Teeth
Tongue
Face
Lips
Arms
Legs
Body
Eyelashes
Eyelashes_Large
Fingernails
Toenails

UV files in 8 template files.

Kids and Teen, HiveWire3D want to, but cannot confirm details or a start date as yet.

Ethnic and creature morphs coming in the future.

Female and future Male will share same mesh but have seperate and specific rigging.

Hopefully I haven't missed anything off the list, if I have let me know, but the above is info confirmed by the HiveWire3D Team.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Great list. Nice summary for people just joining the conversation.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 7:41 AM

I thought it would be better for those coming in new to the thread.

I can keep posting an update later in this thread as info comes it as I know most people now are coming straight to the later pages and it's so much easier than going back 23 pages.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Nekokami ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 7:46 AM · edited Sun, 23 June 2013 at 7:47 AM

[quote=HiveWireChris]

Someone also asked about content for kids and infants, and anime and others. I love to build content. I love pushing polys around, and the whole challenge and reward of the creative process. I would love, love to model a lil' fatty infant or toddler. Okay, perhaps plump is a better word than fatty, or weight challenged or whatever is the more accepted phrasing these days.

Super-- and others may want to make anime or toon shapes, as well. I'm hoping this becomes a mesh lots of vendors feel they can standardize on, for improved cross-genre compatibility.

LadyRaine ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 7:47 AM

Richard perhaps a list of whos working on whatas well would be helpful

Laurie- eyes

skylab - poses

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 7:52 AM

Off to make a list!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:09 AM · edited Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:10 AM

Okay, just to make things easier for me.....

Could all possible future content makers, that's main vendors and freebie makers etc. let me have an idea of what you may be contributing. This includes those that have already posted in the past pages.

For PA's etc. I know you may not like to say exactly what, that's okay, just say clothing, props or whatever, no need for specifics.

Same applies for freebie makers.

This way I get the list going:-

Do it as the following format:-

Username - PIFI - brief description.

As you can see from the above, just put in your username, wether the item will be a Paid Item or Free Item and little idea of what it is:-

Eg:

Fredbloggs PI ClothingFantasy

JoanBloggs FI Pinup Poses

AnnotherBloggs FI Rigging Tutorials

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:11 AM · edited Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:12 AM

Me-

Textures: clothes, eyes, hair...I don't do skins so I'll leave that one to the experts ;). Otherwise, my texture work ain't too shabby.

Modeling: clothes, props, etc.

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:12 AM · edited Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:13 AM

Thanks Laurie!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:16 AM

I'll be doing things as well, so:-

paganeagle2001 - FI - Clothing, props, textures for clothing and props, tutorials.

All the best.

Graet Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:18 AM

OOOPSIE also, forgot to add for which system.

I know Laurie is Poser, so no probs, I can add that in.

So, please let me know, Poser, Studio or whatever program.

This way we can see where things are required.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:18 AM

Whoops...I forgot morphs if I have time and can figure out how to get them into DS. LOL

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:21 AM

Added Laurie!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:29 AM · edited Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:30 AM

The thing about this is, everyone that wants to can contribute. We all have strengths and weaknesses. I'm not that good at poses, but can write tutorials. Now someone that is good at doing poses may not be good at doing tutorials.

So, working this way, we ALL benefit from what we contribute.

Also, when I say contribute, it can be as much or as little as you want.

A few poses, a couple of backgrounds etc. It doesn't have to be massive, but it is YOUR chance to give back to others in the community.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:36 AM

since i have been pushing for this figure for so long, I will make poses and props

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:38 AM

Thank you Tavia3D, added to the list.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2013 at 8:38 AM

Quote - > Quote - this looks like a figure I can suport

They had some interesting comments in this thread...

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?79921-Poserpro2014-gt-gt-gt-Victoria-6-Genesis-2-Female&p=765336&viewfull=1#post765336

...some of their prior posts are even more interesting, but outside the scope of this thread.... 😉

Thanks I was not sure if they would join in when i Pmed them the link at DA, but it is good to see them in the forum, we usually only talk at DA

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.