Fri, Oct 4, 1:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:06 AM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:08 AM

Reposting this from Chris Creek's post so it doesn't get too buried. Original is about three pages back.
I read that it is a Poser render and this is her default shape and skin texture is of the resource skin texture (I think included in the base pack)

Isn't she just ADORABLE?

Reposting from few pages back so she doesn't get too lost.

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:39 AM

She reminds me of a model that was featured in Pantene tv commercials, oh, about a year ago. I can't remember the name of the model. Darn.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:46 AM

Youtube is so useful! The model is Eva Mendes, that's who that render of Dawn reminds me of.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:12 AM
Online Now!

Quote - is there a propsed date for the store to open?

KenG said on his web site that his birds (no longer available at DAZ) will be available at Hivewire July 1, so I'm guessing that's when the store goes live (and Dawn becomes available?)

AetherDream ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:19 AM

Quote - That is Dawn out of the box!  :)

Amazing render. I can hardly believe this is out of the box!

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:22 AM

Quote - Reposting this from Chris Creek's post so it doesn't get too buried. Original is about three pages back.
I read that it is a Poser render and this is her default shape and skin texture is of the resource skin texture (I think included in the base pack)

Isn't she just ADORABLE?
Reposting from few pages back so she doesn't get too lost.

Agree. And I love her long lashes. Very, very pretty :)

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

swordman10 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:36 AM

Incredible...

Amazing out of the box render, of Dawn.

As a Studio user I am very excited about this new figure..

One question to contributors...what plans are there to have conversion programs / scripts, etc to allow Dawn to Wear V4's clothes....I ask as I have literally HUNDREDS of V4 clothing Items and would really like the option of being able to use them on Dawn.

Cheers,

S.K.

jon_thort ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:41 AM

"Dawn" looks interesting. Of course, it means that I will have to buy new hair and clothes.

Anyway, thank you for the effort to create a new figure and give it away for free.

tparo ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:43 AM

Is there any chance, please, of an out of the box render in DS?

Have either the Uber shader or the AoA SSS shader been used for the skin?

Thanks

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:54 AM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:56 AM

Quote - Youtube is so useful! The model is Eva Mendes, that's who that render of Dawn reminds me of.

OMG..that's who I thought of too! LOL Might be the hair tho ;). Mendes frequently has worn her hair that way ;).

And yes, she's very pretty indeed :)

Laurie

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:57 AM

Very nice!

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:01 AM
Online Now!

Quote - "Dawn" looks interesting. Of course, it means that I will have to buy new hair and clothes.

They said that Dawn would be "compatible with much of your existing content library, utilities,and resources."

This will apparently be via conversion utilities.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:04 AM

Or the PP14 Fitting Room if you have it.

Laurie

Haruchai ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:10 AM

Quote - "Dawn" looks interesting. Of course, it means that I will have to buy new hair and clothes.

This is a quote from Steve on page 3

"I should clarify that the compatibility with existing add-ons will be based on existing utilities and technologies available (such as the cool new Fitting Room in Poser '14) and any others that may come about such as texture convertors, etc.

Sorry if that part came across as suggesting new ways of achieving that. What we're doing it working with artists from the community who are experts in conversion to help us get Dawn setup with all the latest technologies so that she can be as compatible as any other figure out there."

Netherworks has already confirmed an addon for the Hair Conversion System and I'm guessing that the other major players in conversion will pop up at some point.

Poser Pro 11, DAZ Studio 4.9

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:16 AM

Can't afford to get PP2014, so I'm hoping for CrossDresser support for her.

Weapons of choice:

swordman10 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:17 AM

Quote - > Quote - "Dawn" looks interesting. Of course, it means that I will have to buy new hair and clothes.

This is a quote from Steve on page 3

"I should clarify that the compatibility with existing add-ons will be based on existing utilities and technologies available (such as the cool new Fitting Room in Poser '14) and any others that may come about such as texture convertors, etc.

Sorry if that part came across as suggesting new ways of achieving that. What we're doing it working with artists from the community who are experts in conversion to help us get Dawn setup with all the latest technologies so that she can be as compatible as any other figure out there."

Netherworks has already confirmed an addon for the Hair Conversion System and I'm guessing that the other major players in conversion will pop up at some point.

Exactly,

Was hoping we could get some feeback from those individuals who may be in the process of working on this like PhilC and may be Evil innocence.

Cheers,

S.K.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:20 AM

Yep, I need CrossDresser support as well ;). I'd love to be able to use my gobs and gobs of V3 and A3 stuff. I have more of that than anything. Never did manage to get all that much for V4...heh. ;)

What hair is that she's wearing btw? Is that one from a current store for V4 or is it a new one? I don't recognize it (which isn't really saying much...lol).

Laurie

swordman10 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:29 AM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:32 AM

Quote - Yep, I need CrossDresser support as well ;). I'd love to be able to use my gobs and gobs of V3 and A3 stuff. I have more of that than anything. Never did manage to get all that much for V4...heh. ;)

What hair is that she's wearing btw? Is that one from a current store for V4 or is it a new one? I don't recognize it (which isn't really saying much...lol).

Laurie

It looks alot like storybrook hair. Available at Rendo, for V4.!!!!!.

Ah..but on second look, it may not be... Very similar though..

S.K.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:31 AM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:32 AM

Told  ya it didn't mean much that I didn't recognize it. LOL. I don't tend to do window shopping when there's no money for shopping :P.

Thanks swordsman. I guess that one's going on the wishlist. I like it ;).

Laurie

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:00 AM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:01 AM

Hair comes with Dawn! :)

"The pony tail hair style and bikini will also be included in the free Dawn Base. "

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?79945-More-of-the-HiveWire-3D-story&p=765741&viewfull=1#post765741

shante ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:06 AM

Quote - > Quote - Not to dwell on genitals... [but..] If a vendor did create an a morph of the character that did include genital sculpting, as is the case with most high quality sculpted characters, would that not be allowed to be sold on the Hivewire site, even if it wasn't a primary feature of the product nor featured in previews etc?

Fair enough question. The answer is that we won't be selling any products of adult nature like that on the HiveWire 3D site, no.

I hate to keep dwelling on this but my question was never really addressed. I didn't expect a yes answer but that aside now, is there going to be a denser mesh (more polygons) in the hip and breasts for more realistic morphs for third party vendors to create for her....like the difference between Posette and V4?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:12 AM

Netherworks did mention that he had some new tools for us, no info, so we will have to wait.

When I sent the laets questions in from yesterday, I put a note in to get PhilC and Evilinnocence on board with the project.

Can we wait until HiveWire3D gives that info on density, I have put it into the list, but...

They are in Utah, at the moment of writing this post it is 6.10 am, we won't get any info from them for a while yet.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:19 AM

Sarsa

I'd say make 2 versions - the regular merchant reource one at the regular high resolution and the freebie makers one that is slightly lower resolution.  So they dont compete as directly

But I imagine that is going to make someone squawk at me :)

Lyrra

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:21 AM

Not me, happy enough to get anything to work on!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:23 AM

Lyrra: Sarsa said the texture that comes with Dawn is the merchant ressource ... not squawking, just wondering about the technical side of your suggestion.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:28 AM

I've completely forgotten to ask this and I don't know the answer, but....

Is there anyone here or anyone that you know of that's capable of converting a Poser prop dynamic cloth item to one that will work in DS? I'd really like to team up with one if there is ;).

Laurie

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:33 AM

LaurieA

Can't be done. DS dynamic clothing can only be made in the one program (which name I've conveniently forgotten, sorry. Its late in my day) So you have to cough up for the very expensive program first.

However once its made it can be exported as an obj and used in poser like any obj

Lyrra

Bea ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:34 AM

It can't be done, because there is only one company that have the rights at the moment to the software that is used for DAZ Studio dynamic clothing and that is Optitex.It is a very very expensive software.

You could import the item as an object but then you can't pose it of course.

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:40 AM

Another possibility is to team up with Martin - but he is not working from a Poser obj, he has to make the clothes like a realworld cloth pattern.

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/7143/

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:43 AM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:43 AM

Okay, just to let everyone know, I have fired off an emal to both Evilinnocence and PhilC about support.

I mentioned it in my question list to Steve, but thught I would ask them anyway.

Given them the link here, and if they reply via email I'll let you know what they say.

Hopefully they will come online with support as I know people would be interested.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:43 AM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:44 AM

Aw nuts! Well, that blows that idea I guess ;).

Thanks folks ;).

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:46 AM

There are a lot of talanted people out there, perhaps someone will come up with something to help dynamics in  Studio.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:47 AM

She is a complete Doll Sarsa, Thank You!

The package sounds great by the way, So I'm off to model Jewery she will need some Im sure!

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:54 AM

Do you speak German? There is a nice step by step how to make clothes tutorial in German - it is for Genesis, but Dawn will be a weightmapped figure, so it should work:

http://www.shadowmap.de/daz3d/daz-studio/daz-studio-4/73-bekleidung-fuer-genesis-erstellen.html

hal001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:00 AM

One of the most exciting news from the poserDaz community IMHO.

I cant wait to try her :) and I will definitly be on board for some character and outfit  creation

AetherDream ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:01 AM

Quote - > Quote - Me too. I am trying to finish up a three character textures I have going before she comes so I can focus on her development. Of course it will slow down for me this fall when school is back in session.

I still have to do all the texturing on the 3 sets I have in thw queue at the moment... This week is going to be hellish.  I have a faire to get stuff ready for too.

I know and on top of it I have a bigbool to set up, sand to spread, and family coming in this weekend?

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:03 AM

Quote - Okay, just to let everyone know, I have fired off an emal to both Evilinnocence and PhilC about support.

I mentioned it in my question list to Steve, but thught I would ask them anyway.

Given them the link here, and if they reply via email I'll let you know what they say.

Hopefully they will come online with support as I know people would be interested.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

That's good!  I seconded your motions.  :-)

Dawn is prettier than I expected.  And I expected 'great.'

I love me some Modo!  :-)

AetherDream ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:10 AM

Quote - I will take responsibility on the lashes...I think it's a personal preference...I like the long lashes.  I dialed her lash long morph all the way up to make them long. I have other renders too with out them mascara commercial long  ;)  lol

I am also a huge fan of mascara. I love that I will be able to make them long

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:12 AM
Online Now!

I vote for allowing the merchant resource skin to be allowed for freebies.

If it's being offered for free, why not?  I can understand why someone selling a merchant resource would not want it given away free.  It might end up competing with their product.  But if you're giving it away free anyway...so what if other people are giving it away, too?

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:17 AM

FB liked and following thread.

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:28 AM

Phil!!!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:29 AM

Thanks Phil, much appreaciated!!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:38 AM

I'm all for using a freebie merchant resource skin, that has limitations, as in you have to add X amount of your own work to it etc.

Most of the things I do, would more than add 50% - 60% of my work on to it as well.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

DreamerZ_Loft ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:44 AM

I had high expectations, based on who is creating her, and from what I've seen so far they've been more than met!!! :D

I'm really looking forward to working with her, making shoes and clothes and anything else I can for her, both free and paid for items. :)

Jan

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:00 AM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:06 AM

Okay folks, time for an update on the Dawn info. Older info left as normal white, updated info shown in orange:-

What we know:-

Poser version - Poser 9+

Studio version - Studio 4.5+

Dawn is weight mapped in Poser and Studio.

Dawn isn't based on a real person.

A release candidate is beein worked on, no release date at the moment for public use.

Dawn will be free at her launch for a period of time, that time has not been specified.

Add on's will be available on release day, these will be paid for items.

Pixie ears confirmed for Dawn.

Dawn started off in Modo.

Basic info on rigging Dawn content in Poser and Studio.

Dawn is a stand alone figure in both systems, No DSON importer.

Mimic option coming, won't be available at launch.

Dawn of the Dead zombie morph shown.

Netherworks has some tools, but no info as yet.

There will be morph capabilities for Dawn in Poser & Studio.

Installers will be zip files.

Basic mesh suit as a resource kit.

Dev Rigs for Dawn including one for P910PP12 users.

No gential add ons via HiveWire3D. Same with genital detail on textures.

Import into Vue is being looked into.

Dawn Info:-

• Dawn Base figure

• Complete Skin Maps

• Hairstyle

• 10 basic poses

• String bikini

• Skin Map / Texture Resource Kit

• Clothing Developer Resource Kit

• Developer Rig

• Original UV's

No Reduced Resolution at the the moment, but it is on the list for the future.

Dawn Polygon Count:-

Total Vertices:39096
Total Triangles:1702
Total Quads:37624
Total Faces:39326

Dawn Material Zones:-

Cornea
Eyes
Iris
Lacrimal
Pupil
Gums
InnerMouth
Teeth
Tongue
Face
Lips
Arms
Legs
Body
Eyelashes
Eyelashes_Large
Fingernails
Toenails

UV files in 8 template files.

Kids and Teen, HiveWire3D want to, but cannot confirm details or a start date as yet.

Ethnic and creature morphs coming in the future.

Female and future Male will share same mesh but have seperate and specific rigging.

A bodysuit has been made, but no other info given yet.

Nice new pic of Dawn has appeared on FB page.

HiveWire3D will not be selling any products of an adult nature on their site.

Sarsa checking that we can use the Merchent Resource skin for freebies.

Dawn has some nice long eyelashes.

HiveWire Chris has made some more clothing items, but no other info given as yet.

Netherworks confirms working on Hair Conversion System for Dawn.

Ponytail hair comes with Dawn.

Phil C following the Dawn thread.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:10 AM

Quick question: Just wondering if the Dawn base figure with me a separate figure in DS or a morph for the Genesis platform?

I don't use DS, but just curious.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:11 AM

A quick note to the HiveWire3D team, it has been asked for, could the Studio users have a render as well? It's only fair that both sides see what Dawn looks likes when rendered in their program of choice.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:12 AM

According to previous info, she is a standalone figure, not using Genesis mesh.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:41 AM

Quote - FB liked and following thread.

Huge thumbs up!  :-)

I love me some Modo!  :-)

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:47 AM
Online Now!

Dawn has about twice as many polys as Genesis (but still less than V4). 

They said that since she'll be the same figure in DS and Poser, it will be easier to support both versions.  As it is, it's a lot of work to support both V4 and V5, since they are different figures.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.