Thu, Sep 19, 12:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

AetherDream ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:28 PM

Quote - We will be posting images of Dawn's mesh next, so be patient, but they will arrive as well before too long.

Someone asked about the mesh being dense enough around the breasts and hips for more realistic morphs... the answer is Yes. She is very well designed for morphs. We will have a morph add on pack upon release, and have plans for many more morph packs as well.

I'll let Chris answer as to the size of Dawn compared to V4, he would know best.

Aside: animajik and evilinnocence, please email me when you get a moment. thanks

Morph packs!! Yay! My favorite. Are there some planned for the face and head?

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:38 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:52 PM

file_495542.png

> Quote - > Quote - > Quote - As for "affordable" I remember spending about 200 smackers for Vicky 1 and all of her morphs packs after all was said and done and considered it a bargain ;). > > > > And the bikini! > > Yup. LOL > > Laurie

Courtesy of Wayback ... a blast from the past. Wow I remember it too! LOL  Seeing as this is part of the Dawn history, anyway ... here's how long these folks have been around.

andolaurina ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:56 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:58 PM

Quote - Okay, so I decided to prepare a list of the artists who are either involved directly with the project at HiveWire3D or who have indicated somewhere in this very long thread that they would be willing to support Dawn in their stores...

You can add me to the list of people who will support her. I'm mainly over at CP but I do some stuff here, too, and some free things at ShareCG. My contributions will likely be in the character, custom morphs and clothing department. :)

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

AetherDream ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 11:10 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - As for "affordable" I remember spending about 200 smackers for Vicky 1 and all of her morphs packs after all was said and done and considered it a bargain ;).

And the bikini!

Yup. LOL

Laurie

Courtesy of Wayback ... a blast from the past. Wow I remember it too! LOL  Seeing as this is part of the Dawn history, anyway ... here's how long these folks have been around.

Gosh hard to believe. I just had a look at Zygote's current page. It looks like they do models for the medical industry.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 11:16 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 11:16 PM

Yep, the two split not long after V1 and M1 came out...I think. Maybe just V1 and M1 came after. Fuzzy memory ;).

Laurie

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 11:25 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 11:25 PM

Quote - OK, I am IN, for sure, no doubt.

I will adapt hairs, and create jewelry, and will do training on my daughter to get used to her since the very start of my lovely pupil :)

As soon as she is out, I will see what can I do with her WM body and the ways to dress her nicely.

Laurie and Sarsa and Aproctor: thank you gals!

OMG, YAaaaaaaaaaaay!  Fabi is in!

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 1:41 AM

Wow, that Zygote page is a blast from the past! I remember that! And I spent a lot of money back then on V1 and then V2, V3 wasn't so bad, and I was able to get the base V4 for free but had to pay for her morphs.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Wodokan ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 2:21 AM

Will Dawn be able to raise her eyebrows realistically? With realistic, I mean that it should be possible to have horizontal skin folds appear on the forehead when the eyebrows are raised.

I don't mean displacement maps, but some level of density of the mesh on the forehead. That skin really has to go somewhere when the eyebrows are raised, even in simple speech. Sadly, none of the figures I have seen so far support this. Apparently, figure creators seem to think the forehead is a place where polygons can be saved. But why - it's such a basic movement that people do all the time. Certainly much more frequently than to put ones hands on top of the head.

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 2:27 AM

hmm. i can't get pmd working in 4.6.... noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

T_T life is over.... sob

Now I can't Use micah I guess :(

Bea ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 2:32 AM

That is why I keep a copy of version 3 on my computer :) :)

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 2:34 AM · edited Tue, 25 June 2013 at 2:39 AM

Quote - Will Dawn be able to raise her eyebrows realistically? With realistic, I mean that it should be possible to have horizontal skin folds appear on the forehead when the eyebrows are raised.  I don't mean displacement maps, but some level of density of the mesh on the forehead. That skin really has to go somewhere when the eyebrows are raised, even in simple speech. Sadly, none of the figures I have seen so far support this. Apparently, figure creators seem to think the forehead is a place where polygons can be saved. But why - it's such a basic movement that people do all the time. Certainly much more frequently than to put ones hands on top of the head.

This is why I'd like to see Dawn animated (walk, bending, sitting, facial morphs, etc). It will really show off what she can do.  Hopefully Eric can run her thru Animate2 and give her a quick "work-out" of her moves and morphs.  Eyes, brows (and phonemes - hint hint!) would be nice to see.

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

HiveWireChris ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 2:39 AM

Let's see, it's late at night, that must mean it's time to post. So much going on right now.

If Steve has already mentioned this then forgive me. I've read the last several pages here tonight and looks like he hasn't mentioned what I'm about to.

We are in the process of working up another release candidate. Paul, Sarsa and I will be doing the bulk of what is needed for that to happen. This is stemming from input on this forum, RDNA and on our HiveWire CA forum.

We are working on:

Adding more material zones

Changing the bottom of the foot and making that a new morph and making a new default base for bottom of foot.

Doing some tweaks on materials.

More R and D on Poser scaling.

Poser forced limits.

Poser IK work.

UV work on clothing Resource Kit.

Adding a Lash morph to close up the gap from top to bottom lash on outside of eye.

Slight Skin map adjustments.

Making non SSS textures for Studio.

Many other changes and adjustments have been made but these are what we are down to.

Question was asked about the height of Dawn. She is about one inch shorter than V5. I don't recall how that would compare to V4. I can't remember her height. But Dawn is tall.

Believe it is PaganEagle that is putting together a list of what is known about Dawn? Just read that list earlier, and didn't see this one; Dawn's rig has no JCM's on her at all.

Some questions also about breasts and nipples. I'm confident there is plenty of geometry for breast sizes and shapes. Along with making facial and expression morphs for the Dawn Base, I've made various breast sizes for the Dawn Base pack. We will allow nipple maps to be on body texture maps sold on our site. Believe someone asked that question also.

As Steve has said, more images to follow. We should be able to get body shots and some wireframe shots.

So, so grateful to see even more artists here willing to give Dawn a go. We think she's pretty special, and has some good potential. Especially with the combined help and support from the community at large. We need your added characters, clothing, enhancements and so on. We know if we don't have the overall support of the community we have no fighting chance for the success we hope for.

Thank you all!! Seriously!

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 2:45 AM · edited Tue, 25 June 2013 at 2:47 AM

Quote - Thank you all!! Seriously!

Thank you as well for all your hard work!  We all appreciate it (I think I speak for everyone here!)

Can't wait till your site opens!

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 2:59 AM

Any chance for poser face room compatibility down the road?

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 3:40 AM

hurray! All of that sounds absolutely fantastic and thanks for the update :) I kind of envision all of us hunched around the computer clutching a cup of our preferred daily beverage, peering bleary-eyed as we hit the refresh button while working on test renders of whatever we are working on... :) 

I'm working on a couple things myself ^^ i will have fit it after Dawn's out but yeah :D Can't wait!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 4:02 AM

HI all, back with a Dawn info update, no need to run back and read all the pages, the following is information trhat we know about Dawn. older info is in white, new info in orange:-

What we know:-

Poser version - Poser 9+

Studio version - Studio 4.5+

Dawn is weight mapped in Poser and Studio.

Dawn isn't based on a real person.

A release candidate is beein worked on, no release date at the moment for public use.

Dawn will be free at her launch for a period of time, that time has not been specified.

Add on's will be available on release day, these will be paid for items.

Pixie ears confirmed for Dawn.

Dawn started off in Modo.

Basic info on rigging Dawn content in Poser and Studio.

Dawn is a stand alone figure in both systems, No DSON importer.

Mimic option coming, won't be available at launch.

Dawn of the Dead zombie morph shown.

Netherworks has some tools, but no info as yet.

There will be morph capabilities for Dawn in Poser & Studio.

Installers will be zip files.

Basic mesh suit as a resource kit.

Dev Rigs for Dawn including one for P910PP12 users.

No gential add ons via HiveWire3D. Same with genital detail on textures.

Import into Vue is being looked into.

Dawn Info:-

• Dawn Base figure

• Complete Skin Maps

• Hairstyle

• 10 basic poses

• String bikini

• Skin Map / Texture Resource Kit

• Clothing Developer Resource Kit

• Developer Rig

• Original UV's

No Reduced Resolution at the the moment, but it is on the list for the future.

Dawn Polygon Count:-

Total Vertices:39096
Total Triangles:1702
Total Quads:37624
Total Faces:39326

Dawn Material Zones:-

Cornea
Eyes
Iris
Lacrimal
Pupil
Gums
InnerMouth
Teeth
Tongue
Face
Lips
Arms
Legs
Body
Eyelashes
Eyelashes_Large
Fingernails
Toenails

UV files in 8 template files.

Kids and Teen, HiveWire3D want to, but cannot confirm details or a start date as yet.

Ethnic and creature morphs coming in the future.

Female and future Male will share same mesh but have seperate and specific rigging.

A bodysuit has been made, but no other info given yet.

Nice new pic of Dawn has appeared on FB page.

HiveWire3D will not be selling any products of an adult nature on their site.

Sarsa checking that we can use the Merchent Resource skin for freebies.

Dawn has some nice long eyelashes.

HiveWire Chris has made some more clothing items, but no other info given as yet.

Netherworks confirms working on Hair Conversion System for Dawn.

Ponytail hair comes with Dawn.

Phil C following the Dawn thread.

Evilinnocence suppurt for Dawn

Changing the bottom of the foot and making that a new morph and making a new default base for bottom of foot.

Poser forced limits.

Poser IK work.

Adding a Lash morph to close up the gap from top to bottom lash on outside of eye.

Dawn s about one inch shorter than V5.

Dawn's rig has no JCM's on her at all.

Plenty of geometry for breast sizes and shapes.

Facial and expression morphs for the Dawn Base.

Various breast sizes for the Dawn Base pack..

Nipple maps to be on body texture maps sold on the HiveWire3D site.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

tparo ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 4:07 AM

I'm really confused by the 'making non SSS textures' for DS?

Kerya ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 4:15 AM

Quote - hmm. i can't get pmd working in 4.6.... noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

T_T life is over.... sob

Kuroyume's free morphexchange?

http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/poser/freebies/

DreamWeaver_Designs ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 4:48 AM

One request for the Ethnic morphs, could the please be named in the same way the V3 ones were? IE African, Chines ect it makes it soooooo much easyer than trying to work out where Lucy, Kathy and Jeny all come from.

Sorry Paganegale I can't remember what colour this should have been in :(

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:16 AM

Thanks for the latest renders. Was the one using SSS in ds using the AoA shader?

Looks great...

Quote - most the clothes I make are poser dynamic simply because I prefer the more natural look they give it would be great to be able to do ones for dawn that could be used in ds LOL also that would solve my ds learning problem ;)

edit to add this was in answer to Nekokami's post

It should be possible to drape it on default posed figure and then export it as an object. Then import it in to DS and use the transfer utility to conform it. The person doing the work in ds may need to do some movement morphs and fine tune the auto generated morphs.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:32 AM

Thanks for the update, Chris, and it's great that you're taking into account our feedback.

I'd like to put in a plea that you take bagginsbill's comments to heart.  He knows what he's talking about.  Things like burnt-in speculars don't look good with Poser's SSS. 

Since Dawn is weight-mapped, her users will probably be using SSS, gamma correction, etc., which it appears the default Dawn maps/MATs aren't set up for.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:33 AM

Quote - hmm. i can't get pmd working in 4.6.... noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

T_T life is over.... sob

DeltaX15 released an alpha build of his plugin for DS4.0, but that was as far is it got, as a result the only way to get PMD morphs into DS4 is with a CR2, HR2, PP2 or a PZ3. Search my posting history over at DAZ, and you should find the thread where I explained how to create a CR2 that would load the figure/conformers CR2 as well as loading the injectable PMD.

There's a couple of reasons why Poser morphs don't work on a Tr-Ax figure/conformer, the first one is that Tri-Ax doesn't have any body parts like you find in Poser, the second is that there is no such thing as valueParms and targetGeoms in a Tri-Ax morph, so even if you created the channels you still wouldn't be able to inject the deltas.

As for Projection templates, we found out with Genesis that you can use the figure for skin-tight items, but anything like a skirt or dress, basically anything that extends below the crotch, needs a proper template with WM "handles" rather than leg bones and leg WM, the templates we got were that bad that I know a few people who bought the Genesis MFD just to use it as a template.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:43 AM

New pic on FB page.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:48 AM · edited Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:49 AM

Okay a quick recap, questions about Dawn and HiveWire3D should be in Yellow and for possible things from CA's, PA's or freebie makers should be in Blue.

I'm not collecting data for the blue options as thats for content makers to follow for ideas.

Once there is a batch of yellow questions ready, I send them off to Steve, as it's easier than searching through the pages.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:55 AM

Agree with Dreamweaver about the ethnic morphs, ethic origin is better than names that don't relate to the actual morphs.

Hopefully, there will be ethnic skins as well in the near future for Dawn as well.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:59 AM

For those not wanting to read back, the Dawn Base will include:-

• Dawn Base figure

• Complete Skin Maps

• Hairstyle

• 10 basic poses

• String bikini

• Skin Map / Texture Resource Kit

• Clothing Developer Resource Kit

• Developer Rig

• Original UV's

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

WildDesigns ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:08 AM

Thanks for these updates. Saves time! So excited about Dawn.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:15 AM

YES! This is quite important!!!!!

Also-can you add a Tear mat zone? I like to make that more reflective/specular than the eye itself. I look for more realism in my renders-which means that the suggestions below are very important!

Thanks!

Quote - Thanks for the update, Chris, and it's great that you're taking into account our feedback.

I'd like to put in a plea that you take bagginsbill's comments to heart.  He knows what he's talking about.  Things like burnt-in speculars don't look good with Poser's SSS. 

Since Dawn is weight-mapped, her users will probably be using SSS, gamma correction, etc., which it appears the default Dawn maps/MATs aren't set up for.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:17 AM

Wow, content makers that actually listen? Where am I? LOL

STILL excited btw, just really, really impatient. ;) I WANT! :D

Laurie

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:21 AM

Quote - Wow, content makers that actually listen? Where am I? LOL

STILL excited btw, just really, really impatient. ;) I WANT! :D

Laurie

I just hope the servers can take the pounding when she is launched.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:14 AM

Richard, yesterday I went off to buy a printer and there was a kiwi clock at the store. I swear I was about to take a picture of it to joke around with you but the store employees were giving me funny looks LOL

In any case, to HiveWire folks: on making Michelle, Netherworks gave her some wonderful scaling dials for arms, torso, legs, head and body height. Those were made so that any clothing could be flawlessly adjusted to the scaling via one or two click tools he included with the Michelle package that didn't require any extra step for the clothing maker at all. I'd be thrilled if Dawn had it - if you don't know how to make it, talk to Netherworks, I'm sure he'd be willing to do it for you. Thanks :)

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:16 AM

Quote - > Quote - hmm. i can't get pmd working in 4.6.... noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

T_T life is over.... sob

DeltaX15 released an alpha build of his plugin for DS4.0, but that was as far is it got, as a result the only way to get PMD morphs into DS4 is with a CR2, HR2, PP2 or a PZ3. Search my posting history over at DAZ, and you should find the thread where I explained how to create a CR2 that would load the figure/conformers CR2 as well as loading the injectable PMD.

There's a couple of reasons why Poser morphs don't work on a Tr-Ax figure/conformer, the first one is that Tri-Ax doesn't have any body parts like you find in Poser, the second is that there is no such thing as valueParms and targetGeoms in a Tri-Ax morph, so even if you created the channels you still wouldn't be able to inject the deltas.

As for Projection templates, we found out with Genesis that you can use the figure for skin-tight items, but anything like a skirt or dress, basically anything that extends below the crotch, needs a proper template with WM "handles" rather than leg bones and leg WM, the templates we got were that bad that I know a few people who bought the Genesis MFD just to use it as a template.

Ah that makes sense, now it is clearer. Thanks.

DM ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:19 AM · edited Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:20 AM

I have been watching and reading and watching and reading ... with growing interest and excitement. This all sounds fantastic and i can't wait to put my hands on Dawn. :)

My Store | My Gallery

Clg ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:24 AM

Will there an import option into Carrara 8.5 or 9 ?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:25 AM

Great Uncle Kiwi gets everywhere!!!!!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:28 AM

Carrara options have been asked for, but I don't think we have had an update on it, I will add it into the next round of asks for when I send Steve an unpate of questions.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:29 AM

HiveWire3D did say that they are updating the RC of Dawn due to things that have been asked for in this and other forums, so we may need to wait just a little longer.

All good things are worth waiting for (Is she here yet!!!! LOL).

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

WildDesigns ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:32 AM

Quote - All good things are worth waiting for (Is she here yet!!!! LOL).

Right! I feel like I'm in the backseat of my parents' car asking "Are we there yet?" ROFL

andolaurina ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:35 AM

Are they creating a separate brow mesh? I'm really hoping for that.  It's especially great for toon/anime characters.

Also, I'm hoping they can keep arms & legs on the same UV map.  V4's UVs are spread out enough as it is. I'd be satisfied with body on one, head on another (with mouth, lacrimals, etc.) and separate eyes and brows/lashes. Let's keep it simple.

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:35 AM

Netherworks has some sneaky tools for us, but no info at the moment.

Interesting to see that we have now got to page 35 of the thread without mega kickoffs etc.

When likeminded people from ALL sides come together, they can get along without the usual my softwarefigure is better than yours.

Very, very happy to see so many of us, excited and getting along with giving options. And most of all, the team at HiveWire3D actually listening to us and putting those comments into action.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:37 AM

I'll pop the brow question into the next update that I will send later on today.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

andolaurina ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:47 AM

OK, I'm about 20-something pages into reading the 35 pages thus far...

I'm wondering how having nipple textures on women for an educational market is OK but genital textures are not (?).

I used to be a teacher (7-12). I would have been fired for showing or allowing female figures with nipples on them.

If HiveWire3D is going for the educational market, then seriously, leave the nipple textures off, too.

I'm sure Ironman13/Fugazi1968 & others would be happy to put together an option so people could add in those sorts of details after the fact.  (I'm talking about something like this >> Overlay Ease Makeup Volume 1 which is sold here at Renderosity << yet instead for nipples, genitals, etc.)

My RMP Store Freebies

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 10:01 AM

Not sure about the why nipples are allowed, just going with what the HiveWire3D team are saying at the moment.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 10:32 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Finally got through 31 pages! Been busy modeling, and haven't had a chance to readup. I must say this is all so exciting, and I am really looking forward to modeling conent for Dawn.

That's good news.  :-)  I've seen your designs -- they are nice!

Thank you. Now, if I could learn to spell  . . . . :D

You're welcome, and it happens to the best of us.  :-)

Whew -- looking at the Dawn renders makes me feel like Russell E and Steve Newland, in the Field of the Fairies.  "Oh, mercy!"  Lordy, she is gorgeous, HiveWire folks!

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 10:41 AM

Quote - Let's see, it's late at night, that must mean it's time to post. So much going on right now.

If Steve has already mentioned this then forgive me. I've read the last several pages here tonight and looks like he hasn't mentioned what I'm about to.

We are in the process of working up another release candidate. Paul, Sarsa and I will be doing the bulk of what is needed for that to happen. This is stemming from input on this forum, RDNA and on our HiveWire CA forum.

We are working on:

Poser forced limits.

Poser IK work.

Many other changes and adjustments have been made but these are what we are down to.

Question was asked about the height of Dawn. She is about one inch shorter than V5. I don't recall how that would compare to V4. I can't remember her height. But Dawn is tall.

Believe it is PaganEagle that is putting together a list of what is known about Dawn? Just read that list earlier, and didn't see this one; Dawn's rig has no JCM's on her at all.

Some questions also about breasts and nipples. I'm confident there is plenty of geometry for breast sizes and shapes. Along with making facial and expression morphs for the Dawn Base, I've made various breast sizes for the Dawn Base pack. We will allow nipple maps to be on body texture maps sold on our site. Believe someone asked that question also.

As Steve has said, more images to follow. We should be able to get body shots and some wireframe shots.

So, so grateful to see even more artists here willing to give Dawn a go. We think she's pretty special, and has some good potential. Especially with the combined help and support from the community at large. We need your added characters, clothing, enhancements and so on. We know if we don't have the overall support of the community we have no fighting chance for the success we hope for.

Thank you all!! Seriously!

It looks like you have won the support battle, before Dawn is even released!  :-)

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Netherworks ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 10:43 AM

I have a few things I'm working on.  Some of those are in-house tools that wind up getting out of the house eventually ;)

Besides the Hair Conversion deal there is, in the works, a pose conversion utility.  I am also juggling some projects that are not specifically related to Dawn.  I'm always working on 4 or more things at one time.

Wodokan ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 10:45 AM

Is there a big educational market out there for 3D-figures for children? Would not a default figure with a handful of clothing items be entirely sufficient for that kind of age range?

There's a lot of content already shipped with Poser that would seem to be entirely sufficient for this, or the default Victoria 4? Apart from art-related things, models for eyes, ears, inner organs etc., for example to learn about the digestive tract would come to mind- but probably not necessarily a state-of-the art figure with lots of clothing, hair, expressions, etc.?

Going OT, But when I went to school (25 years ago?), I recall some rather educational Biology classes at the end of that age range (no pun). A lot of giggeling from all corners, certainly, but it would not have occurred to people to censor nude pictures on the topic in textbooks, nor the anotomical models that belonged to the biology collection. I believe the philosophy behind it was not to support the future of the porn industry - but rather that young people would be able to make more informed life-decisions if they are ..well.. actually informed.  I recall spending a year at a US highschool some 6 years later, and the content of "Public Health" classes would instead focus on a "Just Say No!" type of philosophy. Cultural Differences, in capital letters.

Maevryn ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 10:49 AM

Quote - I have been watching and reading and watching and reading ... with growing interest and excitement. This all sounds fantastic and i can't wait to put my hands on Dawn. :)

That's great news, Danie! Can't wait to see what you produce for her =)

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 11:22 AM

Quote - I have been watching and reading and watching and reading ... with growing interest and excitement. This all sounds fantastic and i can't wait to put my hands on Dawn. :)

The news about Dawn seems to get better with every Post.  Dawn with some added Danie magic - breathtaking.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

toastie ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 11:40 AM

Quote - Is there a big educational market out there for 3D-figures for children? Would not a default figure with a handful of clothing items be entirely sufficient for that kind of age range?

There's a lot of content already shipped with Poser that would seem to be entirely sufficient for this, or the default Victoria 4? Apart from art-related things, models for eyes, ears, inner organs etc., for example to learn about the digestive tract would come to mind- but probably not necessarily a state-of-the art figure with lots of clothing, hair, expressions, etc.?

Going OT, But when I went to school (25 years ago?), I recall some rather educational Biology classes at the end of that age range (no pun). A lot of giggeling from all corners, certainly, but it would not have occurred to people to censor nude pictures on the topic in textbooks, nor the anotomical models that belonged to the biology collection. I believe the philosophy behind it was not to support the future of the porn industry - but rather that young people would be able to make more informed life-decisions if they are ..well.. actually informed.  I recall spending a year at a US highschool some 6 years later, and the content of "Public Health" classes would instead focus on a "Just Say No!" type of philosophy. Cultural Differences, in capital letters.

Absolutely! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks educational figures with vital parts missing would be completely wrong. But I suspect this is largely a cultural thing, like you say.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.