Thu, Sep 19, 5:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

shante ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:11 PM · edited Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:17 PM

For me it is merely offering choices. In the default mode it is all missing and is ok...easier to market to  broader base. If I want or need more, I should also have the option of getting add-ons that will give me what i need from the figure...for whatever reasons. Not offering choices is wrong...in my opinion. Thank goodness for third party creatives to do that.

It is  a cultural thing. I was born in Europe and brought up with a more honest(or open) and liberal mind set though in many things I'm also conservative. I grew up in the States and have never adapted to their/our lingering Puritan mind-set here.

In reality, no matter how we try to protect our kids, in the end our increasingly more lax popular culture and peer groups will do to them whatever we try so hard to protect them from anyway. Might as well give them a healthy view of things so they can take better care of their minds and "Selves"once out of the nest. The forbidden fruit is always sweeter...look to Spring Break and first two years of college to get a good idea of how that forbidden fruit actually works in their world.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:16 PM

It's already been said X amout of times, possible genitals will be available from other stores.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

shante ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:19 PM

Quote - It's already been said X amout of times, possible genitals will be available from other stores.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

I know I am sorry. The tongue beats where the tooth aches. I was just responding to the thread qoted before me. i will NOT do that again here.

RFreise ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:20 PM

Dawn was mentioned in the Star Trek thread at Daz and the posts were deleted

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:23 PM

No probs, it's just the fact that HiveWire3D said that they won't have genital morphs etc. on their site. Unless they change their mind, then users will have to use other sites.

M4 base didn't come with genitals, you had to pay for the pro edition to get them as you cannot buy them seperatly at the DAZ site.

Now, if DAZ didn't supply that pro edition, those that required genitals would have had to use another site.

In the end, the user who wants genitals still has to pay for them, either at the site of the contne tmaker or at another site.

Dawn is a figure with arms, legs etc. and is not just a set of genitals.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:24 PM

Any mention of Dawn on a DAZ thread gets deleted.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:26 PM

Hence, why I never go to Daz forums anymore ;).

Laurie

andolaurina ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:29 PM

That funny, because all sorts of other 3rd party figures are mentioned there. I guess this one hits too close to home.

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

CaptainMARC ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:36 PM

I have a cousin called Dawn, and an uncle called Dez (short for Desmond).

If Dawn's male counterpart were to be called Dez, I would make a pose set of him working as an artist.

I would call it Dez Studio.

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:41 PM

Quote -  Dawn was mentioned in the Star Trek thread at Daz and the posts were deleted

Quote - Any mention of Dawn on a DAZ thread gets deleted.

Hi all, I am one of the two that mentioned Dawn in the Star Trek forum and had my post deleted. I have to say that I am impressed with the way that Poser and DS users have gotten along in this thread. I look forward to getting more info on Dawn here and can't wait to see more images of her. I have a set of Star Trek bodysuit textures for V4 but I think once Dawn hits I will have to work on making them fit her bodysuit as well. I can't wait to have another option to use in my runtime!

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:47 PM

Quote - It's already been said X amout of times, possible genitals will be available from other stores.

Impossible ones might be more interesting. :lol:

Sorry; I couldn't resist...  😊

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:48 PM

Thank you shadowhawk2zero, I think the reason we are all getting on together here is that we are all of one mind, just waiting for Dawn.

The main thing is that the HiveWire3D team have listened to all sides, which is the right way to go.

A company that listens to potential users has a better standing than one that doesn't.

I've said it before in the thread, it's so nice to see people getting along, willing to contribute, asking questions and willing to help the other side out.

Long may it keep going.

None of this side or that side, but OUR side.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:49 PM

Impossible genitals...... Eeeeeek a whole new thread for that one!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:51 PM

Quote - Hi all, I am one of the two that mentioned Dawn in the Star Trek forum and had my post deleted.

Did they explain why?  Is any mention of Dawn there forever forbidden?  If you have freebies for Dawn..are you not allowed to post about it in the Freebie forum?

Just wondering...

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:52 PM · edited Tue, 25 June 2013 at 12:52 PM

Okay, I'm going to be sending the next batch of questions off in the next 30 mins, so if you want them added, post with the question in Yellow.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

elena_c ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 1:00 PM

Hi all, I've been following developments with interest and would like to offer my services as a beta tester in Carrara 8.5 beta and/or Carrara 8.1 if needed.

I also offer to test Dawn in Octane via Octane for Poser to see what the sub-d looks like in an unbiased renderer if there's interest.  

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 1:04 PM

OK I have one real quick:

Will the bodysuit have a hood, booties and gloves either as part of or offered as a addon pack?

CybersoxXIII ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 1:14 PM

Quote -  Dawn was mentioned in the Star Trek thread at Daz and the posts were deleted

Without knowing the actual context, it's really hard to know what goes on over there.  I know I mentioned both Dawn and Hivewire in a thread about V5/V6 and that post is still there as of this posting.  There are a couple of mods who tend to go off the deep end, but I've noticed a little bit of pulling back in the last few weeks.  Probably because someone's finally figured out that the "our way or the highway" attitude was causing a lot of people to take the highway, something they definitely can't afford during a major product roll out.   

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 1:18 PM

Okay folks, everything up to this point from page 30 reguarding questions has been sent offto Steve.

Any new questions will be added to the next update at around this time tomorrow.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

ssgbryan ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 1:44 PM

Quote - > Quote - Hi all, I am one of the two that mentioned Dawn in the Star Trek forum and had my post deleted.

Did they explain why?  Is any mention of Dawn there forever forbidden?  If you have freebies for Dawn..are you not allowed to post about it in the Freebie forum?

Just wondering...

I wasn't told why mine was delete - it just disappeared.

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 1:48 PM

Hey Ssgbryan, nah they didn't and I couldn't tell you that one. I have to be careful about upsetting the applecart, so at this point letting it go is in my best interest.

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 1:56 PM

Quote - > Quote - It's already been said X amout of times, possible genitals will be available from other stores.

Impossible ones might be more interesting. :lol:

Sorry; I couldn't resist...  😊

I am glad you didn't resist, I have had a rubbish day so far but that put a smile on my face - Thanks WandW

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

westonmi ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 2:11 PM

Dawn does look interesting.  ;) 

Since it has been mentioned by the Hivewire3d team that Dawn would be free for a limited amount of time I would like to know approximately how long that limited time will be.  Any info on the possible pricing on Dawn or her add-ons would be appreciated too.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 2:16 PM

It's their site, so I guess they can do what they want with it, but that's just re-enforces the fact that they're taking Dawn as serious competition.

It's the reason I hang out at Renderosity's forums.

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 2:23 PM

Quote - I have a few things I'm working on.  Some of those are in-house tools that wind up getting out of the house eventually ;)

Besides the Hair Conversion deal there is, in the works, a pose conversion utility.  I am also juggling some projects that are not specifically related to Dawn.  I'm always working on 4 or more things at one time.

A pose conversion utility would be most welcome!  :-)

I love me some Modo!  :-)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 3:06 PM

Okay folks, lets not get too much into a certain sites censorship bit, we know it happens, nothing we can do about it, so we may as well get on with things we would like to see appear with Dawn.

Not sure about the limited time, a certain company has had it's 3D software on a free for a limited time for a loooooooooong time now.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 3:15 PM

Nice to see that my Dawn update info posts are being copied across to other sites for other users to see!!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 3:42 PM

One reason I have not taken to new (even free) models is having to RE-cloth them all over again..new clothes, shoes, hair, besides texture maps...I just can't afford it after spending thousands of $$ on the entire V and M models through versions 4.... 

I THINK (but have lost it) there was something here about Dawn being able to wear existing clothes (hair can always be manually refitted) ??

Could someone clarify?  A new store would of course need to generate new money, that is a given....so how could Dawn BE cross-compatible and help found a new store?

Confused...

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 3:44 PM

Quote - One reason I have not taken to new (even free) models is having to RE-cloth them all over again..new clothes, shoes, hair, besides texture maps...I just can't afford it after spending thousands of $$ on the entire V and M models through versions 4....  I THINK (but have lost it) there was something here about Dawn being able to wear existing clothes (hair can always be manually refitted) ??

Could someone clarify?  A new store would of course need to generate new money, that is a given....so how could Dawn BE cross-compatible and help found a new store?

They said compatibility would be in the form of conversion utilities. 

vintorix ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 3:44 PM · edited Tue, 25 June 2013 at 3:46 PM

Dawn is of course, the best thing that ever happened to the Pose/Daz community. As a side issue, maybe Daz Studio and the whole Daz company now at last will get the attention they deserve. Before the split 65 people dedicated to one thing and one thing only and founded and managed by the some of the most creative people in the business. I don't think Chris and the others are interested in bashing Daz. After all it is their own creation! Daz is on the verge to branch of into a lot of promising areas, the transformation from hobbyist to professional tool is ongoing as we speak.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 3:47 PM

Lyne: can be done with AutoFit in DS (I'm supposing) and with the new Fitting Room in Poser. Your old content can be converted to a new figure. One can also use XDresser and Wardrobe Wizard as well as soon as the figure info files are made available.

Laurie

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 3:48 PM

They said compatibility would be in the form of conversion utilities. 

Thank you, Randy...hope those are easy to use for a dyslexic brained person! :)

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 3:50 PM

HiveWire has stated that there will be no NEW conversion utilities from them but that we'll be able to use the utilities we've already got.

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 3:51 PM

Evilinnocence has already said he would be supporting Dawn, PhilC is watching the thread, so support will be coming.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

AetherDream ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 3:54 PM · edited Tue, 25 June 2013 at 4:04 PM

yes they deleted a reference I made as well. oh well, no biggie, I like where I am. This is hands Down the most exciting thread I have ever read

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

DanaTA ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 4:20 PM

Quote - One reason I have not taken to new (even free) models is having to RE-cloth them all over again..new clothes, shoes, hair, besides texture maps...I just can't afford it after spending thousands of $$ on the entire V and M models through versions 4.... 

I THINK (but have lost it) there was something here about Dawn being able to wear existing clothes (hair can always be manually refitted) ??

Confused...

Well, conversion works for things, but something actually modeled for the figure is always a bit more perfect.  EvilInnocense has already said he'd be involved, so we can probably expect a conversion module for X-Dresser.  I'd bet that PhilC will probably make one for Wardrobe Wizard as well.

Dana

spyderbytes ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:00 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but X-Dresser doesn't work on Mac, right? At least it didn't last time I checked. I know that might be a "so what?" to most of you, but it's definitely going to be a stumbling block to others. And DS autofit isn't just going to magically work, out of the box. I'm sure DAZ won't be providing the necessary bits to make it work. HiveWire has said they won't be providing what's needed themselves... so am I right in suddenly feeling there's a huge crack many (including me) are going to fall through when it comes to using existing content?

Sunfire ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:04 PM

Just had a thought come to mind, or a question that is... and I think it's more of a store question so... I'm going to change the color a bit...

Will there be something like the Platinum Club or the Prime Membership at the Hivewire3D store? Or will there be something like the RDNA Real Deals?

Considering the way things are, some sort of special deals are nice to have.

Sunfire's Creations

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:06 PM

A couple of wee points regarding DAZ...

Auto-Fit is tied to the Genesis & Genesis 2 Female figures - The only way to get Dawn using Auto-Fit would be to make a clone shape of her on either Genesis or Genesis 2 Female i.e. you'd actually be using a Dawn-shaped Genesis figure instead of Dawn herself.

The DAZ forum admins are now supposed to be clamping down on anything perceived as advertising other content sites (I've had posts deleted that linked to products that don't even rival any content in the DAZ store), so if they delete posts about Dawn, it might not actually be as personal as it first seems, albeit some subjects are policed more tightly than others.

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:11 PM

Oh, just to add about Auto-Fit...  I suppose there could be a way to use Auto-Fit on Dawn, but it would require making shape clones with the Dawn mesh of the iconic DAZ shapes.

But of course, that would perhaps be unnecessarily walking into a legal minefield without direct co-operation between both companies.

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:12 PM

Okay, who just sent me an email called AGNB!!!!!

That's bang out of order........ Lol.

Okay, used up my crap joke of the day option!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:14 PM

Quote - Dawn does look interesting.  ;) 

Since it has been mentioned by the Hivewire3d team that Dawn would be free for a limited amount of time I would like to know approximately how long that limited time will be.  Any info on the possible pricing on Dawn or her add-ons would be appreciated too.

I believe I read them mention somewhere (either here, at RDNA or their facebook page) she'll be free for about a month. I THINK.

Sorry if it has been answered, if I had jumped to the next page I'd forgotten to reply to this :)

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:18 PM

Both the WW and the Auto-Fit are not usable tools for adapting content on a vast scale and with the precision that is needed. Poser 10 Fitting Room is the new standard for this job and what I believe will be used for the conversion of clothing not just for Dawn for all future models.

I have written a detailed article about it, you can read it here

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:22 PM

Quote - Both the WW and the Auto-Fit are not usable tools for adapting content on a vast scale and with the precision that is needed. Poser 10 Fitting Room is the new standard for this job and what I believe will be used for the conversion of clothing not just for Dawn for all future models.

Except it's not in Poser 10; it's only in PP 2014... 😉

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:23 PM

Unfortunately, that's not much comfort for those of us who use earlier versions of Poser and/or DS :(

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:24 PM

Correct.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:24 PM

Yep, only PP2014 has the Fitting Room.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

vagabondallen ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:25 PM

Quote - Correct me if I'm wrong, but X-Dresser doesn't work on Mac, right? At least it didn't last time I checked. I know that might be a "so what?" to most of you, but it's definitely going to be a stumbling block to others. And DS autofit isn't just going to magically work, out of the box. I'm sure DAZ won't be providing the necessary bits to make it work. HiveWire has said they won't be providing what's needed themselves... so am I right in suddenly feeling there's a huge crack many (including me) are going to fall through when it comes to using existing content?

For one more week, I'm still running an old PowerMac G5 with Virtual PC7 and Windows XP, in order to access CrossDresser. It is still a Windows-based program, but thanks to the directory structure in OSX, it can properly manage the runtimes on your Mac. The same is true when I've installed Daz content from .exe installers into runtimes I access through Poser on my Mac. Next week, I get my new Mac, so it'll probably be even easier and faster to simply install Windows and work the PC-only tools that way. But even my 8-year old Mac could manage it.

vagabondallen ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:28 PM

Trying to catch up on all of this would be exhausting, but what I've skimmed so far suggests I'm going to have to see how to make new versions of my CITM pose sets for Dawn.

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:29 PM · edited Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:32 PM

Quote - Both the WW and the Auto-Fit are not usable tools for adapting content on a vast scale and with the precision that is needed. Poser 10 Fitting Room is the new standard for this job and what I believe will be used for the conversion of clothing not just for Dawn for all future models.

I have written a detailed article about it, you can read it here

Well, hey there, Paolo!  :-)

I'm sure Dawn will be totally beautiful, when rendered in Reality, also!

I'll agree that the Fitting Room is nice -- but WW IS pretty awesome.

But it's nice to see you taking an interest in Dawn, too.

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.