Thu, Sep 19, 5:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:31 PM

4.30 pm in Utah, so maybe some more news and pics may turn up shortly.

All the best.

Great Unle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:32 PM

Quote - Unfortunately, that's not much comfort for those of us who use earlier versions of Poser and/or DS :(

The conversion made via the Fitting Room don't require anything. They are just standard figures that can be loaded in Poser and Studio.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:33 PM · edited Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:47 PM

Quote - Could someone clarify?  A new store would of course need to generate new money, that is a given....so how could Dawn BE cross-compatible and help found a new store?  Confused...

The new store, "HiveWire3D" is in the works and will debut along with "Dawn", their initial offering.

Dawn will be made available in both DS an Poser formats (2 separate items) and include the following:  HERE (List courtesy of PaganEagle2001)

HiveWire3D consists of most of the creators of the "V and M" line, which makes it even more exciting.

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:34 PM

You still need PP2014.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

vintorix ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:34 PM

The fitting room doesn't work with any Genesis model V5, V6 whatever, regardless of if it is imported with DSON or as Cr2. That is what is wrong with it. If the new Dawn works with the fitting room, everything will be fine.

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:34 PM

Quote - Well, hey there, Paolo!  :-) I'm sure Dawn will be totally beautiful, when rendered in Reality, also!

Hi Jan.

We are in contact with HiveWire3D and told them that we will start adding support for Dawn to both Reality for Studio and Reality for Poser as soon as we can get the figure. 

My aim is to have a 0-click gorgeous render of her right out of the box, via Reality.

Cheers.

Paolo

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:45 PM

Quote - > Quote - Unfortunately, that's not much comfort for those of us who use earlier versions of Poser and/or DS :(

The conversion made via the Fitting Room don't require anything. They are just standard figures that can be loaded in Poser and Studio.

But don't you have to HAVE PP2014 to make the conversion? The Fitting Room's not standalone, so if I have a V4 outfit I want to use on Dawn, I would have to own PP2014 to convert to Dawn, right?

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:48 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well, hey there, Paolo!  :-) I'm sure Dawn will be totally beautiful, when rendered in Reality, also!

Hi Jan.

We are in contact with HiveWire3D and told them that we will start adding support for Dawn to both Reality for Studio and Reality for Poser as soon as we can get the figure. 

My aim is to have a 0-click gorgeous render of her right out of the box, via Reality.

Cheers.

That is wonderful news!  :-)  This thread gets better and better.

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:55 PM

Quote - But don't you have to HAVE PP2014 to make the conversion?

To make the conversion yes, but users of the garment will not have to have PPro 2014 in order to use the converted product.

I just wanted to make it clear.

Cheers.

Paolo

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 6:13 PM

Quote - If the new Dawn works with the fitting room, everything will be fine.

Since there is also a Poser-native version of Dawn, she should work with the Fitting Room.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 6:15 PM

Quote - > Quote - But don't you have to HAVE PP2014 to make the conversion?

To make the conversion yes, but users of the garment will not have to have PPro 2014 in order to use the converted product.

I just wanted to make it clear.

Cheers.

Oh, you're talking about something that, say, a creator makes for V4 and converts to Dawn using the PP room and then sells or gives away - that anyone can use it?  Yes, that is good to know and does make sense :)

I think, though, that people were talking about personal library of current items for, say, V4, and that they'd like to be able to use those things with Dawn.

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Morana ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 6:18 PM

Quote - We are in contact with HiveWire3D and told them that we will start adding support for Dawn to both Reality for Studio and Reality for Poser as soon as we can get the figure.  My aim is to have a 0-click gorgeous render of her right out of the box, via Reality.

Cheers.

This really makes my day complete!! :D

lady-morana.deviantart.com

Netherworks ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 6:39 PM

Dawn works with the Fitting Room.  From my tests it will not be a huge stretch (no pun intended) to go from V3 or V4 to Dawn by utilizing it.  It is also fantastic to hear of WW and XDresser support!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:18 PM

YAY a body render!

I like her torso, really do.

Might be an illusion, but her arms look kinda dettached at the shoulders? A bit too broad? I'm not sure.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:20 PM

file_495562.png

Dawn!

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:21 PM

Niiiiiice!

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:26 PM

now that is what I have wanted from the start!

LadyRaine ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well, hey there, Paolo!  :-) I'm sure Dawn will be totally beautiful, when rendered in Reality, also!

Hi Jan.

Cheers.

YAY that and the new dawn pic has made my day :)

now back to lurking lol

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:30 PM · edited Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:32 PM

Wow, that is really gorgeous. I don't have a problem with her shoulders - looks better than the bulging arms-down monstrosities we're used to...lol....great lookin legs ;).

Way to go Chris!! :D

Laurie

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:36 PM

Quote - [Oh, you're talking about something that, say, a creator makes for V4 and converts to Dawn using the PP room and then sells or gives away - that anyone can use it?  Yes, that is good to know and does make sense :)

That is what I meant and what is the biggest impact of the Fitting Room.

Quote -
I think, though, that people were talking about personal library of current items for, say, V4, and that they'd like to be able to use those things with Dawn.

It would be great if Dawn's rigging makes it compatible with anything made for V4 but the reality is that I don't see many people adapting clothing while I see a lot of vendors embracing the new figure. This market needs an alternative and the Fitting Room make it time efficient to convert clothing to the new figure. This is the first time that this is happening.

It's all about the time. If it takes hours to convert an existing garment to the new figure then it's a costly effort and it might not be rewarded by the sales. If it takes a few minutes it's a completely different situation.

I expect vendors to adapt V4 clothing to Dawn en masse and the release updates of the products, free or at a nominal fee, for the new figure. 

That will be the Dawn of a new era, that will be the post-V4 that we were waiting for.

Cheers.

PS: I have nothing against V4, I use her all the time. It's just that we need more variety in the market. 

Paolo

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:44 PM · edited Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:45 PM

file_495563.JPG

Dawn Head mesh, no smoothing or sub-d. She has 2 sets of lashes, one small and one for farie/fae stuff!

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:45 PM

Those are some BIG lashes. LOL.

Laurie

DanaTA ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:47 PM

Quote - Those are some BIG lashes. LOL.

Laurie

Any bigger and she could use them as faerie wings!  Just bat her lashes really fast!  :D

Dana

andolaurina ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:48 PM

Topology looks really nice. 

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:48 PM

file_495564.JPG

Shot of the ear, no smoothing or sub-d

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:50 PM

file_495565.JPG

More

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:51 PM

file_495566.JPG

Rigged toes! So there is a single toe group to bend them all at once then a bone for each toe

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:52 PM

file_495567.JPG

Hand

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:53 PM

file_495568.JPG

Hand again

LadyRaine ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:56 PM

Quote - Dawn Head mesh, no smoothing or sub-d. She has 2 sets of lashes, one small and one for farie/fae stuff!

I'm gonna be in Fairy heaven when shes released love the lash options !!

You guys RULE!!!

LadyRaine ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 7:58 PM

Quote - Rigged toes! So there is a single toe group to bend them all at once then a bone for each toe

SQUEEEEE !!!!!

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:00 PM

Quote - This really makes my day complete!! :D

You're very welcome :)

Paolo

AetherDream ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:02 PM

Absolutely amazing. I love her body morph! And bendie toes too, yay!

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

Nekokami ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:04 PM

Quote - It would be great if Dawn's rigging makes it compatible with anything made for V4 but the reality is that I don't see many people adapting clothing while I see a lot of vendors embracing the new figure. This market needs an alternative and the Fitting Room make it time efficient to convert clothing to the new figure. This is the first time that this is happening.

I'm a bit confused by this, honestly. I know a lot of end-users, myself included, who would want/need to be able to refit existing content to a new figure in order to make it cost-effective to use... or even just because they have an existing series of images and need the consistency. I used to use XD and WW for this, and since I primarily use Genesis now, I use AutoFit, which works pretty well for me. (I have some custom clones I've made myself, and SickleYield's improvements.) AutoFit would work just fine with Dawn in DS as she'll be a TriAx figure. I've used AutoFit on the new Horse 2. It's not specific to the Genesis line of figures.

I don't have the Fitting Room, though, and I'm unlikely to be able to afford it any time soon. So I don't know how good it is. I suppose if it's that much better than XD or WW, and can create content that will work in both Poser and DS, maybe more vendors would be willing to convert content for sale for the new figure, but many vendors I've heard from say they don't want to go back to old content, they're more interested in working on new designs. That leaves a lot of end users needing to convert content to get access to a variety of conforming items, at least early in the release.

I am still having trouble understanding how content creators will be able to make clothing that will work well in both systems, honestly. Could someone try to explain it to me? I get that you can model clothes that fit a base shape in either Poser or DS, but then do you need to rig twice, once in each program? And how do you get the morphs in for both technologies?

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:10 PM

People would have to rig the clothing separately, once in DS and once in Poser. The weight mapping system in both are very different and, as of now, there isn't a direct conversion tool.

Morphs are independent of rigging (unless they're fix morphs for body bends), so if you keep the same mesh groups, they can be used for both.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Sunfire ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:11 PM

HOLY TOES! YAY for separate bending toes!

Sunfire's Creations

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:13 PM

Oh, wow.  Real toes! 

willyb53 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:15 PM

I hope that in the zeroed T position, she is in exactly the same position as V4 ;)

Make fitting room a lot easier.

bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

Faerydae ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:15 PM

Dittoing the toe enthusiasm lol!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:19 PM

People like feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet xD

- - - - - - 

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:20 PM

Looks like Paul is getting some more images up for you all to enjoy, thanks, Paul!

There have been several questions regarding the upcoming HiveWire website and store. We'd prefer to keep this post around Dawn, if you don't mind, just out of respect to Renderosity and as a nod to all of their great support.

Hope you understand. :)

Btw, we are working on a fun announcement that we think you'll like. It's not what you think, but in many ways even better. Watch for that in the coming days.

Big thanks to Paolo (Pret-a-3d) for his interest and support with Reality, we're very excited that he's expressed such interest along with everyone else. Can't wait to start seeing all the great Reality renders of Dawn once she gets into everyone's hands. It's going to be so much fun seeing all the renders that will surely get posted. We can't wait. :)

mylemonblue ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:28 PM

Now that is what I call a good, deliberate and designed mesh flow. 

I would also love to see navel and hip mesh too.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:39 PM

Eeeexciting stuff!!!!!!
drooool 

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:46 PM
Site Admin

Quote - Btw, we are working on a fun announcement that we think you'll like. It's not what you think, but in many ways even better. Watch for that in the coming days.

How in the world can it be better than the "Dawn's ready for download" announcement?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:17 PM · edited Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:24 PM

Quote - Looks like Paul is getting some more images up for you all to enjoy, thanks, Paul!

There have been several questions regarding the upcoming HiveWire website and store. We'd prefer to keep this post around Dawn, if you don't mind, just out of respect to Renderosity and as a nod to all of their great support.

Hope you understand. :)

Btw, we are working on a fun announcement that we think you'll like. It's not what you think, but in many ways even better. Watch for that in the coming days.

Big thanks to Paolo (Pret-a-3d) for his interest and support with Reality, we're very excited that he's expressed such interest along with everyone else. Can't wait to start seeing all the great Reality renders of Dawn once she gets into everyone's hands. It's going to be so much fun seeing all the renders that will surely get posted. We can't wait. :)

You all really know how to whet a yen for a figure! :-)

Dawn looks absolutely irresistible!!!  Like Paolo said (paraphrase), variety is a good thing.

Thank you, Dawn Team, for your hard work and upcoming contribution to the community.  You certainly have a solid support base already!

Edit:  And I REALLY hope PhilC decides to make an Obj2Cr2 template for her.  Pleeze...?

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:33 PM

Quote - Rigged toes! So there is a single toe group to bend them all at once then a bone for each toe

Damn, she could play the piano with those toes!

This all looks great!

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

atozed ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:42 PM

You mean 2 bones for each toe. Right? Otherwise how are you going to curl them?

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 9:45 PM

so paul is that enough mesh for Fae ears? it seems a bit scant

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 10:01 PM

Tav, are you wanting fae or elephant ears?  ;-)

Just kidding.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 10:03 PM

I thought the ears looked a smidge low for serious morphing too.

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.