Fri, Oct 4, 1:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 2:48 PM
Online Now!

Quote - Straught fro mthe FB page!!!!!!!! Final version of Dawn to be ready by end of this week! Once she is in hand, we'll announce her release date and get things moving with all interested content creators.

Yay!!!!

brenrem ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 3:33 PM

I've read everything and am very much looking forward to Dawn's release. 

@ snorkdragon   If I remember correctly, Chris Creek was long gone from Daz before Genesis came about.  He sold his share of Daz, I believe, during the merger with Gizmo, which was back in 2009. So he has not been a part of Daz since 2009.

AetherDream ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 3:39 PM

Quote - > Quote - Straught fro mthe FB page!!!!!!!! Final version of Dawn to be ready by end of this week! Once she is in hand, we'll announce her release date and get things moving with all interested content creators.

We are all anxiously waiting!

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 3:48 PM

Why is this confusing?  It's no different than when I finish coding a new module in the Case Management/Medical Electronic Billing application I support.  I finish the code, test it, and then I schedule with my contact person when I will provide them with the changes.  Just because something is done, doesn't mean there aren't steps to do before you actually release something into the wild.

Originally, it was anticipated Hivewire 3D could be live by July 1, while Dawn would not be ready for release on July 1.

There were delays (as often happens with any new commercial site), and the site was not live on July 1.  I believe it is now anticipated to live by mid month. 

Meanwhile, Dawn is progressing as expected, and they are happy with the release version. Now they need to finish up preparations for releasing her.  

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the site/store goes live on the same day Dawn is released.  However, I don't expect to see Dawn or for Hivewire 3D to go live before Monday (at the earliest).  

Then too, we didn't expect to have an early release from prison (I mean work) today either.  But we were "dismissed" at 3pm (and found out at 3:30pm).  So ... we were wrong, and I could be wrong about no Dawn until Monday at the earliest.  Which I hope. 

Dawn and Hivewire 3D are a BIG thing.  iPhone killer big so to speak .  They both have the potential to be a major player (don't you just love those buzz words) in our tiny little world.  I'd expect there to be plenty of fanfare ... just as when that other place announced their "game changing" system that tore our tiny little world to pieces.

Besides ... all kinds of things can happen between now and the end of the week, and it's entirely possible that some little glitch will rear its ugly little head at the last minute.  (For the record Chris and Co, TODAY is my end of the week as I don't work Friday, and tomorrow is the Fourth of July, so gimme Dawn now!)

Quote - While there have been promises of more transparency there are still announcements of announcements and promises of the site going live…Ken said in his newsletter that the site would be live July 1, but that date has come and gone it could be weeks before we actually have a live site. Even if the site does come on line in the next few weeks, they have said that Dawn will not be immediately available when the site is live. And the latest is now that Dawn will be ready by week’s end and “when she is in hand”, they will announce her availability. I am not sure what that even means.  Didn’t they just announce that she will be done by the end of the week, but they are not saying when she will be available… YET. I am so confused.

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

Cariad ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:11 PM

Quote - I saw a post a few pages back about shoes, and buying whole outfits just to get the shoes (sorry, don't remember who posted it).  I know I'll be making shoes for Dawn the instant I can get my hands on her! LOL! 
I've got at least 3 pair I know can be quickly converted, including a Summer Sandal. ;0)

Jan

I will be getting my outfits to you for footwear as soon as I can hun.. I stink at shoesies... Dawn deserves nice shoes..

Maybe we can get that cybergoth set moved over to Dawn as well??  I am in lust with those boots

Netherworks ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:13 PM

Thanks GeneralNutt, for the Devo pic :)

All silliness aside, I am more than willing to do what I can on the Poser side to meet folks halfway in regards to tutorials and learning from each other on what we need to know to get Dawn and Dawn accessories across to both platforms, Poser and DS.

I think it also can be done in a way that allow folks to have several choices to reach the same goal.  We will need that too.  It is something that may require folks to come together to develop tools, pool their creativity and blur those lines that divide us to where it really doesn't matter any more.

And even then it may be something that may take time to evolve, or that folks can ease into or even opt out of if they want to.  This is supposed to be enjoyable, I hope, for artists and users alike.

snorkdragon ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:16 PM

Quote -  @ snorkdragon   If I remember correctly, Chris Creek was long gone from Daz before Genesis came about.  He sold his share of Daz, I believe, during the merger with Gizmo, which was back in 2009. So he has not been a part of Daz since 2009.

@ brenrem

Not entirely true.

While nobody at DAZ said for sure that he sold all or part of his portion of DAZ, he did leave around the time of the Gizmo merger. But then I understand that he rejoined a year or a year and a half later and was there until late last year, November or December, 2012.

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:19 PM

Quote - A good tutorial writer always assumes that the user knows nothing at the start of a tutorial.

I've always done that for years now.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

This should be a standard

I want to add, if the tutorial is advanced, it should note that and lean on the begginer and intermediate tutorials, that should precede it.

like )because I always say things wrong way)

This is an advanced tutorial by fupart3d, it is recomended that the student complete the beginner and intermediate tutorials by fupart3d befor atemting this tutorial.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:24 PM

Are you sure you read the entire thread???

Numerous times it has been said that no one is being forced to support both sides.

Numerous times it has been said that Dawn is nothing to do with Genesis.

I posted that Ken had stated that the HiveWire3D site date was tenetive, I also posted his update saying that it would be a later start.

The HiveWire3D team have given us information, they have listened to what we have said, they have implemented things due to that feedback.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:26 PM

Agree about Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced notices on tutorials.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:30 PM

Quote - It may be a cliche that everything is easy once know it but that is with a difference.

In Poser (old-style), even if you have a master teacher like PhilC it still is difficult and takes a long time to learn.

In Daz the information can be a little hard to find, but once you find it it is easy to understand and you are in business from day one.

Of course, we don't know how it will be in Poser in the future.

But as long as there is two different forums for Daz and Poser we never will get anywhere. The people who know Daz will not help if they are afraid of being attacked for being in the wrong forum.

the same thing can be said about poser people and the same can be said about poser. once you find the information. you are in buisness from day one. I dropped studio for poser. Poser is easier and more powerful from my viewpoint just as it is obious that you are a studio user from your reference and attitude and believe it is better. I dont have a problem with that, I am looking at a company who has formed and walked away from another so they can heal that breach of trust, more power to them, bravo Hivewire!

Both programs have various abilitys, a smart uses will use both. Like AS they model in Maya, map in maya, use photoshop, then they rig in DazStudio for a poser item to work in poser. Weight mapping will change this if they stay with Poser/Studio. but here is a top creator who uses both.

snorkdragon ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:38 PM

Quote - Are you sure you read the entire thread???

Yes.... there is alot to take in.

Quote - Numerous times it has been said that no one is being forced to support both sides.

Understood... but if CAs don't support both, they will have to choose which application to support which could limit their sales. I don't use Poser miuch anymore so if CAs don't choose to support Daz, I can't use their content.

Quote - Numerous times it has been said that Dawn is nothing to do with Genesis.

Understood. Dawn is a standalone figure and the male counterpart will be a standalone figure.

Quote - I posted that Ken had stated that the HiveWire3D site date was tenetive, I also posted his update saying that it would be a later start.

I was referencing Ken's newsletter directly to his customers ( I own some of his content)

Quote - The HiveWire3D team have given us information, they have listened to what we have said, they have implemented things due to that feedback.

I am sure there will be hiccups... and that they are trying their best.

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:39 PM

Quote - Agree about Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced notices on tutorials.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

So new record here as I think this is the first time we have agreed on anything!

Dawn really is magic!

andolaurina ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:46 PM

Can we spice up this thread somehow? 

How about a render challenge?

Title: "____________ Dawn"

Examples: Break of Dawn, Anticipating Dawn, Dusk to Dawn, Delta Dawn, We Want Dawn, whatever.

Whatever you take that to mean...(some guy waiting for the 3d figure dawn, dawn of the day, whatever)

Any takers? Post some renders. 8D

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:47 PM

CA's PA's, vendors or whatever you want to call them support what they want, they are under no pressure to work on things they are not happy with.

If a CA does not support Poser, then I can't use it, no problem, wait for something else to come out. We do this everyday.

Yep, Dawn is a standalone, so we keep the Genesis talk down, it's not required.

You may be referencing Ken's newslteer, but I'm referencing his site. Pop over and have a look:-

http://www.empken.com/SongbirdReMix/index.html

Hiccups yes, but a launch that will be worth it as she will have been checked and ready to go. So much better than a crap launch with loads of problems.

The people in this thread have worked hard to keep both sides happy, we have listened to all sides etc. and long may it continue.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:49 PM · edited Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:51 PM

Please. please, no butt shots called "Crack of Dawn!!!!" LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:50 PM

Hi Tavia3D, yep, I can be very reasonable at times. Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:51 PM · edited Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:53 PM

Quote - Please. please, no butt shots called "Crack of Dawn!!!!" LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Party pooper!!! ;)

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:54 PM

Oh gawd you have got me going now!!!! LOL.

Boob shots called "The Peak of Dawn". LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:55 PM

hope we can forge some partnerships... While all the hair I made is generally DS only, I AM making a couple things that SHOULD work in both programs. However I lack Poser, I simply can't afford it since I lost my version of Poser 5 a long time ago.  I would love to use it too but yeah things are what they are. :)

I have a couple things that would need a Poser person to help with, particularly with a shader or two, and maybe help to get me through setting it up for Poser use. Thanks :)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 4:57 PM

Come on folks, help UserAlia out, that's what we are all here for now.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 5:28 PM

Awww, i broke the thread T_T

DreamerZ_Loft ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 5:34 PM

Quote - > Quote - I saw a post a few pages back about shoes, and buying whole outfits just to get the shoes (sorry, don't remember who posted it).  I know I'll be making shoes for Dawn the instant I can get my hands on her! LOL! 

I've got at least 3 pair I know can be quickly converted, including a Summer Sandal. ;0)

Jan

I will be getting my outfits to you for footwear as soon as I can hun.. I stink at shoesies... Dawn deserves nice shoes..

Maybe we can get that cybergoth set moved over to Dawn as well??  I am in lust with those boots

LOL!  Anything you've got going we can get shoes done for, or converted over to Dawn, no worries. ;0)
Oh, and don't fall off your chair.....I installed Studio again and am trying to figure it out. LOL!

Jan

Strixowl ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 5:40 PM

Are we there yet? :)

zinedarke ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 5:56 PM

Been watching this thread with interest for a while now and thought, since creators are asking for suggestions on content people would like to see, that I would post something.

I have been looking for real exercise wear, not these little froufrou pieces where her boobs would fall out if she actually did something. Like, for kickboxing or Yoga, for example. Something more modest and actually usable.

Another thing, I really liked the whole fantasy separates stuff (done by Xena and Sarsa I believe). The mix and match pieces made for items that were very versatile which made them an instant buy in my book. Dawn could use items like that, and not just in the fantasy genre. Mix and match works for any genre.

Oh, and lastly... please oh please for the love of all that is good, someone do a nice pair of FLAT soled, tall boots. Heels are great, but for a girl that's kicking butt and taking names, sometimes the flats are just better. :D

goes back to lurking

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 5:57 PM

Quote -  

Always make new content for V4/M4 first, even if you don't plan to release a V4/M4 version. V4 is the lowest common denominator and all conversion utilities works with it.

To rig in Daz Studio

In Daz do not use auto-fit and do not make a version for Genesis-Base made to stretch to fit other figures.(The recommended procedure from Daz). It will look like plastic. Instead, resize your V4 model in a modeling program to fit your target figure.

Then to rig this new obj, use the Transfer Utility with two special settings,

Item Shape: Current

Reverse Source Shape From Target: Check

That is all there is to it. I promise you that you can hunt for months without finding this information. And, this will work for Dawn from day one you can be sure of it.

It's useful information but my question to you is how does one then get long gowns, capes and wizard types of sleeves refitted to another figure?  Any tricks to doing that? 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 5:58 PM · edited Wed, 03 July 2013 at 6:00 PM

Quote - Oh gawd you have got me going now!!!! LOL.

Boob shots called "The Peak of Dawn". LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

How about a render with Dawn standing in the middle of armageddon ,holding a sign that reads.

The Civil War Is Over.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 6:23 PM

Better yet, vicky holding the sign, "The south will rise again" and Dawn holding one, "SH** FLOATS!"

Doric.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 6:24 PM
Forum Coordinator

Quote - > Quote - SUbject being conforming vs dynamic, conforming is fine for things like shorts pants shirts, etc.  Long skirts, don't bother, make them dynamic.  I've seen a lot of longer dresses I'd like, then saw the dirty word, "conforming".  NO sale.  About half the time, even exporting it and importing to make an obj, okay, so you made an obj, that will explode when you try to do anything with it.  A long dress that's conforming and/or has body handles, forget me. I would ten times rather spend the time in the cloth room and have it look decent than the time fighting the cloth itself as conforming, and still looking like crap when it's done.  Sitting poses are where dynamic is the only real way, as you bring the figure from the zero pose, and have pushed the chair you want her on back, you bring the chair forward and it will displace the cloth as if it were real cloth. 

Doric.

Technically you can do the same with Daz studio and the smoothing. No, its not dynamic and it won't drape with gravity. But I have set a cube under a chair and had a dress collide with it.  If i want the dress to collide with V4 AND the cube, then first I have the dress collide with V4, export the smoothed dress as an obj, import, then collide the obj with the chair.   There are various ways. 

Sometimes I have subbed out the lower part of a dress with a DS dynamic skirt/dress and made the top invisible. Takes a bit of work but DS has some ways to do things too :)

Maybe if anyone's interested I can give a mini tutorial on how I've used DS smoothing to convert clothing from very different figures (like slon, or cookie, for example!) to Genesis or V4 or a child. And how to simulate fake drapes with a bit of work.  Or sculpt it in even! :)

DS has means, I tell ya! 

I'd be interested in learning how to do this:)

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

Nekokami ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 6:45 PM

Quote - SUbject being conforming vs dynamic, conforming is fine for things like shorts pants shirts, etc.  Long skirts, don't bother, make them dynamic.

Well... that's nice if you have software with a cloth sim. Which I guess I do... if I want to import Dawn into Blender. Will there be a Blender version? And a way to import content into Blender that will work with Dawn?

Otherwise, my request stands: I think we need to see how a conforming long skirt will be rigged. Without that example, Dawn can't be said to support both Poser and DS.

vintorix ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 6:48 PM

Tavia3D, "just as it is obious that you are a studio user from your reference and attitude and believe it is better."

I am a C4D user in first hand but I use Poser more than Daz. But of course I will learn Daz just as any other program, that goes without saying. If I start something I finish.

RAMWolff, "long gowns, capes and wizard types of sleeves refitted to another figure?  Any tricks to doing that? "

If you really want to learn from scratch there are 3 tutorials,

Extending the Skeleton with Ghost Bones

Matching Face Groups to Bones with the Polygon Group Editor

Binding Bones to Mesh with the Weight Map Brush

Start here, http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/rigging/tutorials/joint_editor/start

But if you want to take the short cut you can buy Genesis Basic Clothing Rig Kit from bobbie25.

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-basic-clothing-rig-kit

And use the provided donor rigs and handles.

meatSim ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 7:29 PM

file_495804.JPG

> Quote -   > > Oh, and lastly... please oh please for the love of all that is good, someone do a nice pair of FLAT soled, tall boots. Heels are great, but for a girl that's kicking butt and taking names, sometimes the flats are just better. :D > >   > > *goes back to lurking*

My set will have a pair of 'Jungle Boots' inspired combat boots.

I also have a Sci-Fi thigh Boot that I did for a set that I started for Allyson2.  Those have a flat sole as well.  I've never been able to accept action ware with high heeled boots and stuff.  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2365388

docatlas ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 7:35 PM

Quote - > Quote - A pretty face but her body is a semi-toon. It is an impossible thin waist and a small hip. That what I was talking about, we go away from real models to fantasy shapes without seeing it.

Oh, hi.

This is me: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/179244_130244680374838_1763904_n.jpg

and me: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/167328_130244710374835_6998634_n.jpg

aaand me: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q75/s720x720/8651_401648166618310_1088862424_n.jpg

No, I don't do waist training with corsets, and never had a surgery. I don't even really exercise apart from dancing.

We seriously need to stop saying this and that body shape is impossible just because we've never seen it in public. Really.

Those are very nice pics. My wife used to bellydance, but hasn't been as active since a car accident a few years ago. She might this year at Pennsic, though. We'll see.

Back on topic, I am really looking forward to Dawn's release. Oh yeah, another D/S user here.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 7:39 PM
Online Now!

Quote - I also have a Sci-Fi thigh Boot that I did for a set that I started for Allyson2.  Those have a flat sole as well.  I've never been able to accept action ware with high heeled boots and stuff.  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2365388

I really like that whole outfit.  Sexy, without looking ridiculously unwearable.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 7:46 PM

That outfit is awesome meatSim :).

Laurie

spyderbytes ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:00 PM

Quote - Well... that's nice if you have software with a cloth sim. Which I guess I do... if I want to import Dawn into Blender. Will there be a Blender version? And a way to import content into Blender that will work with Dawn?

See mcasual's DS plugins (https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjteleblender2) for the easiest way to get from DS to Blender... for Windows anyway. I basically just export as an OBJ and import into Blender, but that's mostly because I'm on a Mac. ;)

Personal preference and all, but I much prefer rendering in Blender's Cycles engine than in DS/Poser... or even LuxRender (Reality or Luxus) for that matter. It's physics based, fast, and works better in systems that are tight on RAM, in my experience. Downside is it's still very much a work-in-progress (eg, volumetric rendering is on its way, but hasn't arrived in Cycles yet).

At any rate, I'm sure someone (as in me if no one else) will be happy to provide a tutorial on how to get Dawn into Blender.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:08 PM

Quote - Those are very nice pics. My wife used to bellydance, but hasn't been as active since a car accident a few years ago. She might this year at Pennsic, though. We'll see.

Oy, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope she is well. Dancing is so liberating. Give her my best, will you please? And thank you for the compliment :D

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:10 PM

BTW, I leave to watch a movie with hubby, and I come back to Pun A Go Go?
You guys crack me up. xD

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:21 PM

I just clarified this on Facebook, so I'll do the same here, and then to post some new images of Dawn's morphs.

We plan to release Dawn to content creators by the end of this week. We have NOT announced her public release date, sorry for any confusion around that.

We want to allow content creators some time to create content for her, sorry everyone else. :/

Ok, now on to some fun screenshots!!

coming in next post

meatSim ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:21 PM

Quote - That outfit is awesome meatSim :).

Laurie

Thanks, not sure if that one will make it over to dawn or not, or if I'll re-imagine it a bit for her.  Last time I got hung up on rigging the skirt and just could -not- find the right inspiration on textures.  

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:22 PM · edited Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:22 PM

I asked there and will ask again: where do I sign up for an early release? I make stuff! :3

- - - - - - 

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:28 PM

here are a few simple body morphs:

Bodybuilder

Voluptuous

Young

and some elf ears for those interested. ;)

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:32 PM

Anything akin to an Aiko 3 type anime body morph planned?

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Latexluv ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:35 PM

Yes, where do I sign up as a content creator?

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

vagabondallen ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:40 PM

Quote - I asked there and will ask again: where do I sign up for an early release? I make stuff! :3

Was this answered? I'm just catching up to the latest Poser and DS, but I'd love to make a pose set for Dawn for out of the gate.

SekayiAsha ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:48 PM · edited Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:50 PM

@Hivewire:

I'd also like to get on the list of content creators and tutorial creators if there is still time. Do we just state our interest here or do we send an e-mail?

-- Asha

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:52 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well... that's nice if you have software with a cloth sim. Which I guess I do... if I want to import Dawn into Blender. Will there be a Blender version? And a way to import content into Blender that will work with Dawn?

See mcasual's DS plugins (https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjteleblender2) for the easiest way to get from DS to Blender... for Windows anyway. I basically just export as an OBJ and import into Blender, but that's mostly because I'm on a Mac. ;)

Personal preference and all, but I much prefer rendering in Blender's Cycles engine than in DS/Poser... or even LuxRender (Reality or Luxus) for that matter. It's physics based, fast, and works better in systems that are tight on RAM, in my experience. Downside is it's still very much a work-in-progress (eg, volumetric rendering is on its way, but hasn't arrived in Cycles yet).

At any rate, I'm sure someone (as in me if no one else) will be happy to provide a tutorial on how to get Dawn into Blender.

I'm interested. I love Cycles...renders in a snap for me while Luxrender takes, oh, forever. LOL.

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:53 PM · edited Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:54 PM

Quote - Yes, where do I sign up as a content creator?

Yep, Ditto... I got sumpin in mind. LOL.

Laurie

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:55 PM
Forum Coordinator

oh please remember my vampire fangs lol:)

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

Latexluv ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:58 PM

I had a nice V4 Drow Elf package in the store and I was toying with updating it with a new shader. I could certainly make Dawn into a Drow.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.