Mon, Oct 21, 11:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Possible Poser 10/PP2014 Bugs - Post here so they are seen

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2013 at 7:25 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 1:19 PM

We had a thread like this for Poser 9/2012 and it was quite useful. Thought we would set up one for the new release as well.

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2013 at 12:27 AM

I would still like to see the zoom extents on the orthographic views repaired as of now when you
Use the zoom selected extents button the orthographic cameras are no longer orthographic but semi perspective.
In other words the cameras in top, side, front, back, bottom, etc are not square to the world any longer.
Makes lining up pivots a real pain in the aspirin.
Tom

nightwolf1982a ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2013 at 6:57 AM

PoserNudes and PoserCasual threw a "source files are corrupted" error during install.  I'm re-downloading them to see if that will fix the problem, but it'll be a while.

Kalibur08 ( ) posted Fri, 14 June 2013 at 1:26 AM

Is DSON importer compatible with Poser Pro 2014 ?

When I open Genesis figure in Poser Pro 2014 via DSON importer, It loaded succesfully.

but I can not use the library anymore afterwards as it crashed and freezed forever.

Does anyone here who use DSON has this same problem ?

Thanks

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 14 June 2013 at 9:59 AM

In PP2012/P9 some people had to go to Scripts>DSON Support>Preferences and turn off the progress bar to avoid library freeze. The issue didn't affect all users, which makes it hard to fix. In any event, it doesn't sound like a Poser bug, at least not purely.

Kalibur08 ( ) posted Fri, 14 June 2013 at 8:12 PM

Hi, RHaseltine

Thank you for your information. I try with your advice and the library pane stop freezing finally. Again, thank you soooooooo muchhhhhh :)

matrix03 ( ) posted Sat, 15 June 2013 at 5:53 PM

I tried to install Maria Hair files by OOT which I bought today and pro 2014 froze up so I rebooted and opened pro 2012 and installed them through the content room(like I tried to do with 2014) and they installed just fine.

I reopened pro 2014 and when I tried to apply some of the MATS to the hair got "traceback call" message.

I sent the message to OOT just in case it's an issue on theiir side, but I have a feeling this has more to do with pro 2014.

has anyone else experienced similiar problems with this hair using pro 2014 today?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2013 at 5:43 PM

The Up/down "hand" still exhibits same error as in (at least) PP2012. It needs a double click, otherwise it moves the camera like a zoom instead of pan.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Bill1200 ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2013 at 6:18 PM

Poser Pro 2014 doesn't remember my saved Render Settings. I have SSS unticked and "render to exact dimensions" ticked, but each time I restart Poser it defaults to SSS ON and a different render size.

BYW this is my first post here. I'm Bill from Newark.

mackis3D ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2013 at 11:03 PM · edited Mon, 17 June 2013 at 11:04 PM

In General Preference you can click 'Set Preferred Scene' which includes the Render Settings and the Render Dimension. In the Render Settings you can save your settings with 'Save Preset'... after that I recommend to read the Poser manual which is located under 'Help' in Poser. In the Poser Reference Manual you just type Render Setttings in Search. :-)

hailmark ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 11:23 PM

file_495809.jpg

Hi all,

I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere, and I don't know whether it constitutes a "glitch" as such, more a mapping issue. I've upgraded from P7 to P10 and I've noticed that if I attempt to apply a 2D texture to a primitive, e.g. box, the texture no longer automatically fits the primitive. The texture shows up correctly in the Materials Room's texture preview pane but displays, and renders, in the Document Window differently, i.e. only about a quarter of the texture displays, as though it's been magnified. The texture still covers the whole of each face of the box, but doesn't appear to have been mapped/scaled correctly. I've tried all options in the 2D image texture node - Auto_Fit, Texture_Coords, Image_Mapped, Global_Coordinates, I've even tried using different image file formats - and the only way I can get the texture to fit is by adjusting the UV scale and offset parameters, but it's a fiddly trial-and-error process and even then I can never get it exactly right. I tried using the primitive box from my old P7 Runtime but got the same result, even after copying it to P10's Runtime.

Am I doing something wrong? I've run out of options.

hailmark ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 3:55 AM

PS - Only workaround I can find is to fire up P7, load a primitive, apply the image texture and export it as a Wavefront object. Then open P10 and import the .obj. This seems to work OK, but it would still be nice to not have to do that.

I tried exporting P10's primitive box as a .obj then re-importing it, but the texture still doesn't map to it correctly. The export/import method only seems to work with the P7 primitives.

nyaid ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 4:09 PM

I am having issues getting hair density to work (at all in 2014) i get the same number of folicals rendered whether i set hair density to 0 or to 100000

nyaid ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 6:41 AM

Let me qualify the Hair density issue. I havent given enough detail.

What poser does when you make hair is to "grow" its guide hairs on the corners (verts) of a selected poly. Which is fine and good. If you have a dense mesh then it grows a lot of guide hairs which should give you a lot of control.

The density control seems to be area based which is good as the density is affected  the surface area of the polys (of your selection). 

guide hair example

HOWEVER what poser does that is truly horrible is it actually renders its guide hairs!!!! no no no no no... do not do this. this automatically gives 4 hairs per poly irrispective of the desired density. 

guide hair example 05

Why? because if i want to make a sparse hair density on a surface the only way to do it would be to have 1 single poly for the entire surface and even if that were practically possible (which it totaly isnt) im still left with a hair in each corner!

The only way i can see to get down to just a single hair is to scale back all the guides except 1. This is hardly ideal as that hair is going to be on a vert and not in the poly. This makes softening the edge of a wig a bit of a pain particulally on a dense mesh. Im going to end up with a line of hairs on the verts following the loops in my topology.

just one hair please

Fix please! dont render the guides

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 3:48 PM
Site Admin

Nyaid it's very hard to see your sample images so some this might be off because I might think I'm seeing something that isn't there. I know it's hard to ger hair guides to show up.

I'm not having these problems in my latest copy of poser. I'm assuming that is what you are using, correct? Are you having the problem all the time or just sometimes?

First, I'd say that poser isn't rendering the hair guides, that is the actual strands. If the hair density is low enough, the only hairs you see will be in the spots where the guides are.

Second in the first image I am seeing 6 guides in the polygon where there should be only 4. Do you have the show populated checked? If not there is something wrong with the hair and you might need to start over.

When you change the hair density does the number in parenthesis change at all? I have found that sometimes depending on the geometry I have to put an astronomical number in there to get any strands. I have also found that sometimes when I delete either the skullcap or the hair group and then undo that I lose all density and cannot raise it no matter what number I put in there. To my knowledge there is no fix for this. You need to start over with that group. I have not been able to duplicate this problem in pp2014 so I can't say that is the problem. Also I think you might get this problem in older versions if you try saving a hair group with out the skullcap(or other object the hair might be grown on).

If it's with all hair, you might have a corrupted hair room and may need to reinstall poser or contact SM. Good luck.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

nyaid ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 8:42 AM

Quote - Nyaid it's very hard to see your sample images so some this might be off because I might think I'm seeing something that isn't there. I know it's hard to ger hair guides to show up.

I'm not having these problems in my latest copy of poser. I'm assuming that is what you are using, correct? Are you having the problem all the time or just sometimes?

First, I'd say that poser isn't rendering the hair guides, that is the actual strands. If the hair density is low enough, the only hairs you see will be in the spots where the guides are.

Second in the first image I am seeing 6 guides in the polygon where there should be only 4. Do you have the show populated checked? If not there is something wrong with the hair and you might need to start over.

When you change the hair density does the number in parenthesis change at all? I have found that sometimes depending on the geometry I have to put an astronomical number in there to get any strands. I have also found that sometimes when I delete either the skullcap or the hair group and then undo that I lose all density and cannot raise it no matter what number I put in there. To my knowledge there is no fix for this. You need to start over with that group. I have not been able to duplicate this problem in pp2014 so I can't say that is the problem. Also I think you might get this problem in older versions if you try saving a hair group with out the skullcap(or other object the hair might be grown on).

If it's with all hair, you might have a corrupted hair room and may need to reinstall poser or contact SM. Good luck.

Hi thanks for the reply.

try this, in pp2014 open a new scene. select the ground object and make a hair group of 1 poly. hit the grow guide hairs (poser gives us 4 guide strands one on each of the polly's verts, as expected). select style hairs and set density to 0 (or what poser gives 0.15 in my case) and enable 'show populated' and you will see 6 strands like in 1st image. 4 guide hairs and a couple of strands poser creates on the polly. Hit render (firefly final render type not a preview) and all 6 of them render!

2 of them have been spawned in the poly like might be expected (if i had wanted some hair and set something other than 0) the other 4 of them ie the ones on the verts in the corner of the the poly are guide hairs, these shouldnt render at all.... 

isnt hair suposed to be spawned randomly on the selected group? not on every vert of every selected poly.

if you have a dense mesh for spawning on and poser renders all the guide strands on all the verts it makes it neigh on impossible to have a spase population of hair without manually selecting 3 out of 4 guides and scaling them to 0 or pushing them through the mesh out of the way. and even this cludge of a work around will still leave you with the minimu possible number of hairs = to the total number of polys in your group. That to my mind is a bug.

anyone else see 6 strands renderd on a single poly?

OldCode ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 9:49 PM

In PP 2014, in the Bullet Physics room, the tool you use to paint the amount of dyanamic/constrained does not work very well.   It jumps around and it's impossible to be precise to paint the areas on your model or figure you want to.   Especially with high poly models like V4. 

Anybody else see this?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 3:37 PM
Site Admin

Ok was finally able to try what you suggest. Had the computer tied up.Was able to get the 6 strands. It's not a bug that poser is putting hairs where the styling strands are. The way hair works in poser is the styling strand is a hair and then a quarter of the fill in strands will follow that strand's lead. The picture shows one polygon selected 3 of the styling strands are straight up. the 4th is bent over. I set the clumping to 1 for an exagerated effect but all the fill in strands lean toward the respecting styling strand and then tries to imitate it. Normally we don't see this happening because we don't use such high clumping or such a close up image.

For sparse hair you can try 1 making finer strands, 2 using a lower res skullcap. (it's easy to do even for a beginer in wings3d), 3 try a transparency map as part of the hair groups texture.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Paloth ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 12:25 AM

I've been getting a boatload of crashes. These sometimes happen when I bring up the Joint Editor, or when I load a figure while the Joint Editor is present. When I delete Poser's Configuration file, things will work normally again for a while. I had to delete the Configuration five times yesterday.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Paloth ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 12:42 AM

I should add that this started happening after I set my "File Search" option to "None". Correlation does not prove causation, of course.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

smallspace ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 8:44 PM

file_496252.jpg

This is what happens to "Box Tracking" and "Fast Tracking" when Poser Unimesh is selected as the skinning method.

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

iamonk ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 9:09 AM

I havent given it a full test drive but my fitting room locks up when I click the tab

I cant get any figure to work

I have nothing in the preview window the only thing I can do is shut down the process

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 10:02 AM

Click the preview window and observe if the image becomes restored.  I've noticed a lag in the refresh.

iamonk ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 10:28 AM

Yeah I tried that even went out for a smoke

I know getting too antsy and clicking things makes for ugly

I havent found anyone else complaining about it so ill try again before I start sobbing

Rhyull ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 5:47 PM

Installed PP2014 onto a win7 machine when it was released and it worked fine. Then I changed the computer and the new one is win8. No surprise, it wasn't straight forward.

Reason to hate windows 8 number #1137

Did a clean install of 2014 and SR1. Added all my runtimes. Farted about with a new install of V4 etc and fixed the problems associated with that. Wanted to install some new items. I normally use the content / install by zip method for things except python, so I installed zip 1 of a new product. Started to install zip 2 and the [name] already exists popup appeared as it tends to. Except that it froze 2014 to the point I had to CAD to close it down.

Set everything with administrator permissions, tried win7 compatibility mode plus another couple of suggestions win8 threw up. Nothing has worked. Still get the same any time install from zip finds a duplicate file name.

Obviously I can install by copying into runtimes but then I have to unzip everything and there is always the suspicion that something else will hit that same problem and maybe lose me a few hours work when I have to close the program with extreme prejudice.

So I figure its more win8 being a pain in the buttocks than PP2014 but wonder if anyone else came across this issue?

ItWasNotAvailable ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:52 AM

Severe crash everytime a texture is missing. Get a warning box which says 'fff' and needs shutting down via task manager

moonwatcher ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:56 PM

I am using Poser 10 under Windows 8.

I was working with Vicky 4 and was using the face camera, then switch back to the dolly camera.  I went to adjust Vicky’s head and neck the dolly camera followed the face like it was the face camera; the face stayed still and everything else moved (rotated around the face).

I downloaded some free stuff, for Vicky, from here and after loading it into Poser it did not show up in the library (but that might be because I did not have DSON installed).

Hope this help to make Poser 10 better.  And thanks for the help.

moonwatcher ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2013 at 12:11 AM

Oh, yes one more thing, is it me or is the ray trace preview too small to be any good?

thanks

Rhyull ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2013 at 10:50 AM

Solved my problem by beating windows8 to death with a shovel and going back to 7 :D

rty ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2013 at 6:59 PM

Quote - The Up/down "hand" still exhibits same error as in (at least) PP2012. It needs a double click, otherwise it moves the camera like a zoom instead of pan.

For me it only works right if you "grasp" the hand of the icon. If you "grasp" the sleeve, it works like the zoom/translate tool.

Didn't try double-clicking given I quickly discovered it needs to be taken by the hand...

rty ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2013 at 7:06 PM

Not really a bug, but highly annoying: The new Material room nodes now have an empty line (where the "plugs" are), which makes that once folded, they are exactly twice as big as previously. Even unfolded they are bigger (by that new empty, useless line).

Big deal you might say, but open a material with 20-30 nodes piled up and neatly folded to fit in one single screen, and look what it does to them...

What happend to the old style nodes, those which could be folded to a single line?

rty ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2013 at 7:16 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2013 at 7:16 PM

Okay, another one: "Posing camera gone Dolly".

Recently I made a new scene from scratch, moved the Poser Dolly Camera to position, and when I then switched to the Posing Camera to adjust the figure's pose, my Posing Camera was a Dolly type camera too! The Posing camera is always a rotating one, centered on the selected figure, that's the point of it. I don't know how this time it turned Dolly (completely, including the rotation dials renamed to yaw, roll and pitch). I had to create a new camera to use as Posing camera...

(It truly was the Posing camera, it's not a case of confusion, I triple-checked because I couldn't believe my eyes. It's the first and only time this happens to me, but then again maybe because I seldom use the Dolly camera? I'd need to make some tests.)

MKeyes ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 5:44 AM

file_497262.jpg

I'm having a problem with M4 in Poser Pro 2014 - his legs bend warped, off and weird. I tried to make him taller and his knees buckle backward and foreward. For some strange reason, M4 & PP 2014 don't mix, anyone else having this problem?

It's with a saved M4 file as well as starting fresh.

Computer & System: PC, Win 7, 64bit, 16gb ram, AMD Radeon HD 6450 1gb, and using Poser Pro 2014 w/ Service R1...

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 1:48 PM · edited Wed, 14 August 2013 at 1:49 PM

Do you have limits on (Figure>Use Limits)? Is IK on or off (Figure>Inverse Kinematics>is anything checked)?

MKeyes ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 1:55 PM

Quote - Do you have limits on (Figure>Use Limits)? Is IK on or off (Figure>Inverse Kinematics>is anything checked)?

I don't know... I'm not a big experienced Poser user, I use Daz Studio and if I were in that, I could tell you, but no clue in Poser. Sooo, if you would, how do I find that? Please keep in mind, I'm not familiar with where to find things in Poser.

Thanks!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 2:02 PM

The Figure menu in the main menu bar, Use Limits will be checked or not and the Inverse Kinematics sub-menu will have entries for arms and legs checked or not.

MKeyes ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 3:36 PM

Quote - The Figure menu in the main menu bar, Use Limits will be checked or not and the Inverse Kinematics sub-menu will have entries for arms and legs checked or not.

Thank you, will look into that. I've closed it for now, and I'm in Daz Studio, but I will be back in Poser tomorrow and will give it a try then.

More than likely that is exactly what's wrong. Wish I'd thought of that.

Cheers!

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2013 at 11:47 AM

file_497312.jpg

I happened to notice that the Post Work Manager is not working in PP2014.  Doubled checked if the same script was functional under PP2012 and, indeed, it is working fine.  I opened a ticket with SM to investigate the problem.  The attached screencap displays the script error.  PP2014 is installed into WinXP Pro 32 bits; SR2 is recently installed.  Unknown whether the script was working before SR2.

MKeyes ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2013 at 12:37 PM

Quote - I happened to notice that the Post Work Manager is not working in PP2014.  Doubled checked if the same script was functional under PP2012 and, indeed, it is working fine.  I opened a ticket with SM to investigate the problem.  The attached screencap displays the script error.  PP2014 is installed into WinXP Pro 32 bits; SR2 is recently installed.  Unknown whether the script was working before SR2.

I hadn't bothered to download it and install it yet, hmmm - good thing I haven't. Such a procrastinator, maybe this time, it was a good thing.

;-)

Gestah ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 4:38 AM · edited Wed, 21 August 2013 at 4:39 AM

file_497483.JPG

I've lost movement for Victoria 4, specifically with the feet and hip. the feet no longer have translation x y z, and the hip translation effect the whole body instead of being indipendent. I've tried reinitialising it. the only one Victoria still working fine is the wwg version. does anyone know what gives?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 6:06 AM
Site Admin

Your iK is turned off. Turn it on and that will fix those problems

purdon ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 4:52 PM · edited Wed, 21 August 2013 at 4:53 PM

So I have noticed an issue with Roxie when exporting to a variety of formats (.obj, etc.).  Her chest seems to scale differently than the rest of her, so there is a gap or shelf between her chest and adjacent regions such as the right and left collar, the neck, and the abdomen.  It's most evident when she has been posed before export.

Since she isn't backwards compatible (at least to the Poser 9 that I have), I can't determine if the problem is with the figure or the program...

Gestah ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 9:06 AM

Quote - Your iK is turned off. Turn it on and that will fix those problems

thanks, I'll try that

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2013 at 9:35 AM

As an observation....

If you want a bug fixed, you have to file a bug report.  The reason it took so long to get the scaling bug in poser fixed was because, while we all bitched on the forums about the issue, no one actually filed a bug report for a very, very long time, which is why it took so long to get fixed.

Bug reports get priority over random forum postings.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2013 at 3:35 PM
Site Admin

Ssgbryan, I think part of the purpose of this thread os to see if what we see as a bug is really a bug and not just our lack of expertise looking like a bug and so helping to avoid inundating  SM with unnessicary reports. Although where I'm not the one who started this thread, so maybe I'm wrong.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2013 at 4:39 PM

Ok, I didn't understand.

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2013 at 12:29 PM

Interesting one here.

Installed Poser Pro 2014, including SR2, on my main workstation: i7-3770, 32 GB RAM, ATI 7770 graphics, Win7 Pro with all the updates. It also has Poser Pro 2010 installed.

Built a scene using Transpond's Darklord Realm, 2 V4s with (sort of) outfits. Tweaked the materials a bit in the shader room, used a low level IBL light for ambient, an infinite for speculars, and a point light to emulate a magic glow on the tip of a staff. Set up a simple atmosphere (just turbulence plugged into the strength channel).

Rendering using raytracing 1 bounce, SSS, irradiance caching 32, indirect light 3, pixel samples 3 and shading rate 0.5: render hangs almost immediately.

Rendering the same scene on my other workstation (i5, 16 GB RAM, nVidia 9800GTX+, Win7 Pro with all the updates) and exactly the same Poser setup works. Slow, but it renders.

Rendering the same scene using the same settings on the i7 in Poser Pro 2010 works.

Any idea what I can do? I bought that i7 rig for rendering, I'm feeling cheated right now.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

purdon ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2013 at 5:36 PM

The issue I noticed previously has been addressed by the latest release; the problem was apparently with Poser and not the figure.

spt1966 ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2013 at 12:54 PM

If I right click on things in the Library window, the library window (and sometimes other parts of the Poser interface) hang.  The first few times I do it, Poser eventually recovers but it hangs after a few more right clicks and I have to stop it through Task Manager.

I'm using Poser Pro 2014 on Windows 7.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2013 at 2:19 PM

All Service Releases installed?

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2013 at 6:15 PM

Update on my problem - I exchanged CPUs between my i7 and i5 rig. Now the "new" i7 setup renders fine.

Mainboards are different, so are the graphics cards. Seems Poser doesn't like the MSI mainboard and the ATI graphics card...

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.