Sun, Oct 6, 6:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Possible Poser 10/PP2014 Bugs - Post here so they are seen

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2013 at 6:37 AM

I'm having glacially slow render times in PP 2014 in certain situations.   Part of the issue seems to be resolution.  There could be several other factors as well (shading rate, bounces, etc.), but with so many different variables to rendering, it's hard to say.  I can definitively say that scenes that took PP 2012 a few hours have taken so long in PP 2014 that I had to stop and get my resources back. 

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2013 at 9:15 AM

Quote - I'm having glacially slow render times in PP 2014 in certain situations.  

We're going to need MUCH more information than this to be of any help.

On the par, 2014 is natively quite a bit faster than 2012.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2013 at 1:28 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2013 at 1:38 PM

Actually, I'm posting because I've seen at least one person say they're having the same problem.

edited to add: And I'm most definitely not seeing improved speeds ever.  Improved IDL quality, yes, but with an apparent cost of clarity.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2013 at 3:03 PM

file_498365.png

No box to click for yes/no:

PoserPro2014, IntelMac SnowLeopard.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2013 at 7:05 AM

One of two annoying bug is , when exporting as an obj. Excample: export as an obj. let's say chest. Don't check "export as morph target" , but don't move the chest, Don't change settings at all. Re-import it as a morph target. It should exactly fit, means you shouldn't see a difference. But you'll do. The chest part has moved slightly. The second is still the Faceroom. The Face room Roxie head is not Roxie. How should I know how Roxie will look like if the default Roxie FaceRoom head doesn't look like Roxie?  Those need to be fixed urgently. It is R2.2 and it is still there.

3Dpixi ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2013 at 1:25 PM

file_498597.jpg

not sure if this is the correct place but I have HUGE problems with DSON :(

The issue is when adding DAZ related firgures to my scene using DSON.
Hardware iMac software PoserPro 2014.

The little pic. is 1 pop-up that multiplies numerous times resulting to the larger pic.

Realy hope someone can help me clear this up ..
'cause I am not able to work like this and I need it to create products for my store.

Thanx already ..
Peggy
P3D.Art

3Dpixi ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2013 at 1:27 PM

file_498598.jpg

.. and this is the result of the little pop up being multiplied automaticly :sad:

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2013 at 9:01 PM

Rigging a figure and then adjusting the inner and outer weight spheres to a barely overlapping section results in random vertices at the center to become weighted TOTALLY improper. Like, 3x to 10x their normal weight, resulting in drastic movement...

Once the inner or outer sphere is moved by at least .0001, the weights change drastically but never "fix" themselves until the inner and outer sphere are moved closer together.

This is no issue for the "every day" user, but for conent creators it can be a NIGHTMARE (if I'm making an item to be backwards compat to p6, 7, 8 or daz).

I no longer open support tickets that have to do with content creation...... they can "never" reproduce, and if they can they blame it on the developer (ie me).

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2013 at 9:06 PM

Quote - One of two annoying bug is , when exporting as an obj. Excample: export as an obj. let's say chest. Don't check "export as morph target" , but don't move the chest, Don't change settings at all. Re-import it as a morph target. It should exactly fit, means you shouldn't see a difference. But you'll do. The chest part has moved slightly. The second is still the Faceroom. The Face room Roxie head is not Roxie. How should I know how Roxie will look like if the default Roxie FaceRoom head doesn't look like Roxie?  Those need to be fixed urgently. It is R2.2 and it is still there.

Roxie is not brough to the stage in ZERO pose. This is why you are getting movement with Roxie importing exported geo and not selecting "as morph target"...

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 8:01 AM · edited Tue, 08 October 2013 at 8:01 AM

file_498732.jpg

Wrong! Check out, what I am talking about first. Don't shoot to fast. I am not completly new to Poser.  Menue=>Figure=>ZeroFigure. Export obj, leave "save as Morph target" unchecked, reload the unaltered mesh as a full Body morph target. If you dial the FBM to (as in this case) 100, you'll see how unprecise Poser deals with world coordinates. When creating morph targets, by exporting and importing over and over again, you will have a summing up of errors. It just needs to be fixed.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 8:29 AM · edited Tue, 08 October 2013 at 8:33 AM

Okay SORRY, you are right. Zero is NOT zero in PP2014. Then it is not the Export/Import module. Someone did not taking care to have an absolute zero. Checked out the transform parameters, when it's supposed to be zero, and youl have an f.ex. abdomen bend value of -0,02929703 instead of zero. So how to fix it permanently?

Hydra ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2013 at 11:15 AM

I am using Poser Pro 2014.  I recently installed a number of Windows 7 updates, but one of them will not install and gives an error code which I cannot find in the Micrsoft Help database.  Poser will no longer load my libraries.  I researched this problem and found a bunch of threads explaining similar issues with older versions of Poser, not 2014.  

Nearest I can figure, it is a problem with Adobe Flash.  I uninstalled Adobe flash player, and followed the instructions to delete the files in the flash folder.  Now when I start Poser it says it needs adobe flash player and has a link that says Get Adobe Flash Player right in my librarires area.  I click the link, I select the installation, it initializes, then the initialize bar disappears completely and nothing happens.  Ever.  (I gave it 30 minutes to do something).  It seems to be stuck on step 2 of 3.  

When I try to download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player from my browser, it says I am using Google Chrome, which has flash player built in, therefore it does not allow me to download it. 

Can anyone confirm that Adobe flash player is the problem and not some microsoft windows update?  Or lack of a Windows Update?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hydra

mackis3D ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2013 at 6:46 PM

You need the Adobe flash player for Microsoft's Internet Explorer NOT Google Chrome!

To quote from Poser Pro's Read Me (!!!):

" Poser’s Content Library utilizes Microsoft Internet Explorer technology.(...)

Poser's embedded Content Library palette depends on a matching Flash Player installation. If you're experiencing difficulties and are unsure whether the right version of Flash Player is installed, check if the Content Library palette prompts you to 'Get Flash'. If yes, follow the installation process. If no, please make sure to obtain the latest Internet Explorer version from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/  (without tool bars or security scans; Windows only). "

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 2:52 PM

I am sure it was by design but why did the shader nodes have to be increased in size? Now all my long complex shader nodes are all overlapping each other. Please make the nodes they way they were before, okay?

Tom

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 4:18 PM

Because the new name bar is editable.  The plug and name used to be the same element.  Now they're separate.  And it's much, much easier to rename your nodes.

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 5:01 PM

So how do I rename a note with out using Scene Fixer?

Tom

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 5:19 PM

Just double click on the title.

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 5:22 PM

Thanks! :-)

Tom

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 5:32 PM

Glad to be of help!

rty ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 7:58 PM

Still, couldn't they make them editable without moving the plugs to that additional, otherwise useless line? I mean, there was a way to change their names even before.

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 8:13 PM · edited Sat, 26 October 2013 at 8:15 PM

All they have to do is denote a square for the plug icon and then use the rest of the line for the name field. Is it not just a visual representation of the code? I could be wrong but I would think it is doable.

That is all it would take to get the size back to the way it was in the past. It would only limit the length of a name by a few letters. I would be totally okay with that.

Tom

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2013 at 12:02 AM

I've tried fixing interface problems in Wine by messing with the code in places.  Most of the preferences about UI look are specific to the type of element being affected.  There was only one type per line.  The problems I was trying to fix wouldn't have been an issue in any other app, because that stuff simply isn't hard coded into them.   And I've noticed a lot of issues when I've had to do screenshots, like how lots of elements aren't actually aligned with each other, even though they should be in a grid.  The Poser interface is built on a totally indiosyncratic and arcane base that has a lot of its functionality and appearance tied together.  I think those are in two lines now because it's either impossible to have an editable field and the plug together or really, really difficult.

rty ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2013 at 7:22 PM

Quote - I think those are in two lines now because it's either impossible to have an editable field and the plug together or really, really difficult.

It depends on the GUI libraries they use. I admit that a title field-with-plugs is a rather special occurence and you certainly can't find that in any off-the-shelf components. They would have to code a specific, proprietary component for this. But after all they are developers, aren't they.

It's not impossible, it just takes more work. The proof is that the original one was able to hold the plugs and the title; it just happens changing the text was somewhat more involved (but far from impossible, people have been doing it for ages). Definitely a "can do better" issue, IMHO.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2013 at 1:55 PM

too many to list and screen shot them all... here are the ones off the top of my head:

1. IBL and IDL = black spots (2012 is fine)

2. When weight mapping, poser will randomly switch a bones' XYZ orientation on only one side of the figure, making it so you can only fix by editing the cr2 files.

3. sometimes textures will not load, must restart (reload textures does not fix).

4. It is not possible to add a new bone after weight mapping has begun.

5. It is not possible to adjust bones via the setup room after weight mapping has begun (there is a work around, but it is frustrating).

these are the bane of my useage for content creation... #2 is the WORST.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2013 at 1:57 PM

Quote - Okay SORRY, you are right. Zero is NOT zero in PP2014. Then it is not the Export/Import module. Someone did not taking care to have an absolute zero. Checked out the transform parameters, when it's supposed to be zero, and youl have an f.ex. abdomen bend value of -0,02929703 instead of zero. So how to fix it permanently?

0 out EVERYTHING.... save to the library. It will take 10 minutes, but hey, it's what you have to do.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2013 at 6:27 PM

Has anyone had problems with Poser Pro14 not running after updating to IE11? as im now forced to do a roll back to IE10

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

rty ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2013 at 6:46 PM

No, my Poser Pro 2013 still runs as usual after I upgraded to IE11 (Win7 64-bit Pro).

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2013 at 8:12 PM

Its ok now, i missed the pro2014 SR2.2 update which fixed the IE11 problem

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

rty ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2013 at 6:58 PM

BTW, SR3 is out

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2013 at 4:24 AM

Quote - Still, couldn't they make them editable without moving the plugs to that additional, otherwise useless line? I mean, there was a way to change their names even before.

Those two things are completely unrelated. The reason outputs get their own line is because with the introduction of the Compound Node, a node can have more than just one output and the outputs can have names.

rty ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2013 at 7:17 PM

Quote - The reason outputs get their own line is because with the introduction of the Compound Node, a node can have more than just one output and the outputs can have names.

Okay, so there was a reason. Thanks for explaining.

Still a waste of place though, most old materials look now like a mess of dozens of wildly overlapping nodes...

I'm wondering if keeping the base node (one input, one output) the old way, and using the new system only for Compound (or other multi-plug) nodes wouldn't have been better (from an ergonomy point of view). Doubling the size of all the folded nodes is annoying, especially for people making complex materials. If the Compound node looks special that's not a problem (after all it's special), for how many of those will anyody use at the same time? 5? 10?

rty ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2013 at 7:44 PM

A new bug, apparently introduced in SR3: When loading a hand pose (containing only hand actor data), it randomly changes morphs on the figure (or any clothing conformed to it!).

To test: Load a V4 with her Morphs++ injected, morph something out of her, dress her in some conforming clothing item(s), load some hand pose (from the "Hands" tab) and watch some unrelated body part change too (on the figure, or on the conformed clothing)!

Sometimes it's very subtle, you need to undo/redo a couple times to notice what has changed (beyond the hand pose obviously), sometimes, especially with heavily morphed figures, it's striking.

Could be other types of poses do the same, I just noticed it today on a hand pose.

(Poser Pro 2014 SR3, Win7 Pro 64 bit.)

Jepe ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2014 at 6:11 PM

file_500752.jpg

In my recent PP2014 render I noticed that the Poser native velvet shader does not appear in raytraced reflections - is this a bug or is there a work around?

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 3:53 AM

file_500798.png

> Quote - In my recent PP2014 render I noticed that the Poser native velvet shader does not appear in raytraced reflections - is this a bug or is there a work around?

Have you increased the number of raytraces?

It works for me although it seems to loos some of the roughness in the mirror but that may be due to the angle of the light which is different in the mirrored reflection

Jepe ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 10:18 AM

I think it is this "roughness" that causes the neat patterns on the cushions and this roughness isn't there in the reflections. So it seems it's not the velvet node but the other nodes in the shader that aren't visible in reflections. The other nodes are noise, clouds, fractal sums, and a lot of mathematical operations. :(

I rendered the original with Raytrace Depth of 5, but also samples with 12, it made no difference.

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 2:06 PM

Quote - I think it is this "roughness" that causes the neat patterns on the cushions and this roughness isn't there in the reflections. So it seems it's not the velvet node but the other nodes in the shader that aren't visible in reflections. The other nodes are noise, clouds, fractal sums, and a lot of mathematical operations. :(

I rendered the original with Raytrace Depth of 5, but also samples with 12, it made no difference.

Can you send me the shader which has this problem?

If I can verify this is a bug, I will file a bug report. Send a PM and I can get you my email address

Jepe ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 2:18 PM

file_500820.jpg

Oh, it's the Velvet Shader that delivered with PP2014 content - I only changed the diffuse color (simple color node).

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 4:40 PM

file_500825.png

> Quote - Oh, it's the Velvet Shader that delivered with PP2014 content - I only changed the diffuse color (simple color node).

What version (build number) of Poser are you using?

That shader setup uses fractal sum and there was a fix for that in SR2.1 and maybe SR3

The shader renders fine for me

Jepe ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 5:06 PM

Thanks for mentioning the Service Releases, I have SR2 installed, but now downloaded SR3, will test as soon as possible if that changes anything - the shader itself rendered fine too, it was the raytraced reflection that was not rendering ok and looked totally different. :)

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 5:17 PM

Quote - Thanks for mentioning the Service Releases, I have SR2 installed, but now downloaded SR3, will test as soon as possible if that changes anything - the shader itself rendered fine too, it was the raytraced reflection that was not rendering ok and looked totally different. :)

The top box is the reflection of the other. Single side plane with reflect node and shadows turned off (to allow light from the other direction)

SR2 definitely had that problem. SR2.1 was released to fix that one

Jepe ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 6:31 PM · edited Wed, 08 January 2014 at 6:45 PM

After installing SR3 it looks different now, but still not what I would expect because it's totally flat in shadows. Maybe the combination of noise and velvet isn't that good for reflections.

But it is a lot better now, thank you very much for your help! :)

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2014 at 7:45 PM

Quote - Has anyone had problems with Poser Pro14 not running after updating to IE11? as im now forced to do a roll back to IE10

Had the same problem just this evening. Had to re-install IE 10 to get my PP2014 to working again.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2014 at 7:57 PM

Has anyone else had issues with PP2014 repeatedly and constantly crashing when least expected?

Star the program- it crashes.

Open a scene file (any scene file)- it crashes.

Import an obj created in Shetch-up- or saved from Poseray- it crashes.

Tonight, I was building a prop using objs that have been in my runtime for a year or more. I was almost done- the program crashed.

Each time, I run disc cleaning programs, clean out the cache and it might work and it might not. Tonight it crashed about 5 times.

It's completely random. I never know when it'll happen or what triggers it. The techs at Smith micro and I have been going round on this since I installed 2014 when it first came out.

So far, no one's been able to come up with an answer. All the SRs are installed and I have IE 10 installed on Win 7.

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2014 at 3:48 AM · edited Mon, 20 January 2014 at 3:48 AM

Quote - Has anyone else had issues with PP2014 repeatedly and constantly crashing when least expected?

Tonight, I was building a prop using objs that have been in my runtime for a year or more. I was almost done- the program crashed.

Each time, I run disc cleaning programs, clean out the cache and it might work and it might not. Tonight it crashed about 5 times.

It's completely random. I never know when it'll happen or what triggers it. The techs at Smith micro and I have been going round on this since I installed 2014 when it first came out.

So far, no one's been able to come up with an answer. All the SRs are installed and I have IE 10 installed on Win 7.

Are you using any scripts or addons?

If so, does the same thing happen without them?

mdbruffy ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2014 at 4:07 AM

Quote - > Quote - Has anyone else had issues with PP2014 repeatedly and constantly crashing when least expected?

Are you using any scripts or addons?

If so, does the same thing happen without them?

The only add-on that I have is Dyson- which I haven't used enough to justify. I have run the program in every kind of mode you can think of and I get the same results reguardless.

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2014 at 5:31 AM

Quote -  The only add-on that I have is Dyson- which I haven't used enough to justify. I have run the program in every kind of mode you can think of and I get the same results reguardless.

You say (sometimes) it crashes when you start poser, open a scene file, import an object.

Are the crashes always related to accessing the disk?

mdbruffy ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2014 at 2:05 PM

What do you mean "disk"? The Hardrive? The program and the runtime is on the hardrive, where else would they be? There are some files on my external drive, but all of the primary files- the program and the runtime- are on the hard drive- which I recedntly had checked and it's in excellent shape.

aRtBee ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2014 at 4:17 AM

Bug found in Material Room, assigning values to the Atmosphere root node.

In the Simple Interface, one column called Ambient addresses the values for Depth-Cue in the Advanced interface. The other column called Highlight in the Simple interface addresses the values for Volume in the Advanced interface.

Except that the color/image for both interfaces seem to be reversed. The ones under Ambient arrive at Volume and the ones under Highlight arrive at Depth-Cue.

Rendering is based on the settings as in the Advanced interface.
Bug is reported to SM.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

aRtBee ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2014 at 10:21 AM

file_501403.jpg

in addition, the bug - found in PPro2014 - exists in PPro 2010 and PPro 2012 as well. I guess it's in for ages...

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

mdbruffy ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2014 at 7:53 PM · edited Mon, 03 February 2014 at 8:00 PM

file_501531.jpg

Has anyone has issues with Poser Pro 2014 merging material zones?

In the correct image above, the light panels are lit correctly. In the other, they've been blended with the structure. The correct image is rendered from the scene file. The other is after the corridor section was exported into an obj and then imported. Everything that needed to be checked, was checked.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.