Tue, Sep 24, 2:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 6:54 am)

Subject: Looking for Hawaiian/Tahitian Flower Crown & Lei for DAZ

MarkR151 ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2013 at 8:49 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 2:19 PM

I've been looking for a Hawaiian flower crown and lei(long flower necklace) like those seen in Hawaii & throughout the South Pacific.

The only thing I've found and it's at the DAZ site is the grass skirt & coconut shell bra from the Totally Bazaar product, but it has 2 problems:

1. It doesn't include the flower head crown and lei, and

2. It's only for Poser

I need a DAZ 4 compatible product.

You can see what I'm looking for at the 0:43 & 1:13 mark in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkjcPO7w7ns

I'd prefer they be all or mostly white flowers. For both the crown & the lei, or at least the option for that among other colors. And again, DAZ 4 compatible.

Many thanks if you can help.

You can also check out the "Mutiny On The Bounty Dance Scene" over in the right column to see more. That Tahitian beauty, who later married Brando is wearing an all white Tiare flower crown of the kind I really have in mind.

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2013 at 9:03 PM
Forum Coordinator

Did you check at HiveWire3D? They have a hawaiian set of products -not sure what all is included. I'm thinking they have it in both Poser & DS though.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

Hiro.P ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2013 at 10:35 PM

http://hivewire3d.com/shop/shop-by-artist/ken-gilliland/hula-for-dawn.html

Alisa ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2013 at 11:12 PM

Yes, there are versions of Hula from Ken Gilliland & Ryverthorn at HiveWire 3D for Dawn, V4, & Genesis - all versions have Poser and DS Mat files.  Gorgeous outfits with leis and flower crowns.  Tons of options for colors, too..

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

MarkR151 ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2013 at 2:22 PM

Thanks. Went there & looked at it & it does look promising, but there's no indication in the info there that it will work with Victoria 4. 

Lindsey ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2013 at 3:56 AM
Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Sun, 03 November 2013 at 12:26 PM · edited Sun, 03 November 2013 at 12:29 PM

Thanks for pointing out my polynesian female clothing and my move to a new vendor. 

The female Gen4 clothing will work with all Gen4 characters (V4, A4, S4) and also has morph support with Gen4 Creature creator--  the same is true with the male Gen4 polynesian clothing (M4, H4, Freak4)

I have other polynesian items; outriggers, weapon, male clothing, plants and birds available separately or as a bundle too.

Songbird ReMix

MarkR151 ( ) posted Mon, 04 November 2013 at 11:43 PM · edited Mon, 04 November 2013 at 11:46 PM

Thanks KenG.

I have a question, I was looking at your Hula products for both Dawn & Gen4 and noticed that the Dawn version shows several colored Hibiscus flowers which the Gen4(Victoria 4?)does not.

Someone on the DAZ forums showed me what he did adding those Hibiscus flowers to the crown alongside those small Baby'sBreath type flowers. Adding some larger flowers helps the appearance a lot. I was also hoping for those six-petaled white Tiare flowers to be available since they're indigenous to the South Pacific, particularly Tahiti.

But does the Gen4 version not come with anything other than those little flowers and the green leafy stuff? 

MarkR151 ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2013 at 12:10 AM · edited Tue, 05 November 2013 at 12:11 AM

Here's what I was hoping for. Something very much like the crown & lei this girl is wearing on her Tahitian honeymoon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qXkUSEJYo4

You can see it best @ the 2:35 mark. Choose 1080p for best video quality and full screen.

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2013 at 1:32 PM

Quote - I have a question, I was looking at your Hula products for both Dawn & Gen4 and noticed that the Dawn version shows several colored Hibiscus flowers which the Gen4(Victoria 4?)does not. Someone on the DAZ forums showed me what he did adding those Hibiscus flowers to the crown alongside those small Baby'sBreath type flowers. Adding some larger flowers helps the appearance a lot. I was also hoping for those six-petaled white Tiare flowers to be available since they're indigenous to the South Pacific, particularly Tahiti.

But does the Gen4 version not come with anything other than those little flowers and the green leafy stuff? 

The Gen4/Genesis set (when originally at DAZ) came with the Hibiscus flower as a bonus when buying the bundle. My partner on the project, Ryverthorn added it at the last minute to add incentive to get both. When items moved to Hivewire, that bundle was discontinued and the flower vanished.  When creating the Dawn Hula set, I decided to add it as part of the package.  I probably should have added the Hibiscus flower to each of the other sets as well (and in fact, that will be my project today as well as converting the older DS4 files to the newer .duf format).  That should be ready and in the HW store in a week or so. 

The small flowers you see in the headress are Ohi'a Lehua flowers, which are a mainstay of Hawaiian culture. As far as additional headresses with Tiare flowers or other items-- I might always create more on a whim, but no promises. I did the Hawaiian clothing/weapons/plants/outriggers soley as a backdrop and support for my Hawaiian bird set.

Songbird ReMix

MarkR151 ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2013 at 3:10 PM

OK, thanks Ken. I'll wait a week or so until the Hibiscus flower equipped Gen4 version is ready and get it then. I'd like to use them for Victoria4 and also the white flower lei.

And if you ever do decide to update or expand the Hula product with new flowers as a new product or expansion pack, that would be cool.

MarkR151 ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 2:42 PM

Quote -  I probably should have added the Hibiscus flower to each of the other sets as well (and in fact, that will be my project today as well as converting the older DS4 files to the newer .duf format).  That should be ready and in the HW store in a week or so.  The small flowers you see in the headress are Ohi'a Lehua flowers, which are a mainstay of Hawaiian culture. As far as additional headresses with Tiare flowers or other items-- I might always create more on a whim, but no promises. I did the Hawaiian clothing/weapons/plants/outriggers soley as a backdrop and support for my Hawaiian bird set.

Hi Ken,

Have you had time to work any on getting that Hibiscus crown, etc updated & ready for Gen 4 Hula? You mentioned that you were going to do that a few weeks ago.

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 5:24 PM

Quote - > Quote -  I probably should have added the Hibiscus flower to each of the other sets as well (and in fact, that will be my project today as well as converting the older DS4 files to the newer .duf format).  That should be ready and in the HW store in a week or so.  The small flowers you see in the headress are Ohi'a Lehua flowers, which are a mainstay of Hawaiian culture. As far as additional headresses with Tiare flowers or other items-- I might always create more on a whim, but no promises. I did the Hawaiian clothing/weapons/plants/outriggers soley as a backdrop and support for my Hawaiian bird set.

Hi Ken,

Have you had time to work any on getting that Hibiscus crown, etc updated & ready for Gen 4 Hula? You mentioned that you were going to do that a few weeks ago.

Yes,... The Hibiscus flower add-on flower and some minor updates were added to the HW store copy a couple weeks ago. 

If you are asking about the additional crown items that " I might always create more on a whim, but no promises."  I wouldn't look for those any time soon.  I haven't had any free time yet with feeding friends and family for Thanksgiving and gearing up/working on my 4 volume Geese, Ducks and Swans set.  The creation of those 4 sets will take my into 2014, though there's a slim chance one of them might appear around Christmas.  As I said earlier, my bird projects are my main focus.

Songbird ReMix

MarkR151 ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2013 at 9:44 PM · edited Sun, 01 December 2013 at 9:47 PM

Quote - Yes,... The Hibiscus flower add-on flower and some minor updates were added to the HW store copy a couple weeks ago.  If you are asking about the additional crown items that " I might always create more on a whim, but no promises."  I wouldn't look for those any time soon.  I haven't had any free time yet with feeding friends and family for Thanksgiving and gearing up/working on my 4 volume Geese, Ducks and Swans set.  The creation of those 4 sets will take my into 2014, though there's a slim chance one of them might appear around Christmas.  As I said earlier, my bird projects are my main focus.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply. The reason I asked is that I've been to the HW site a few times & looked over the Gen 4 Hula page and have not seen any updates to that page or any indication that that product has been updated. It only shows the flower crown with those little (Ohi'a?)flowers, but doesn't show anything of the Hibiscus flowers being included. And I am looking at the right page, Gen 4 Hula page, correct?

http://hivewire3d.com/big-kahuna-bundle.html

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2013 at 11:12 PM

It doesn't look like they changed the store art/descriptions for those, but the "Hula for Gen4" and "Hula for Genesis" store downloads do both contain the Hibiscus flower in them

Songbird ReMix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.