Mon, Sep 9, 11:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:02 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Is this forum new?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2013 at 4:54 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 10:55 AM

Hi

I just found this forum, it this new?

I'm primarily an animation person, it's what I've used Poser for from the start, I've been hoping to find a place where I could connect with other Poser animators.

Whoo Hoo!

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

pappy411 ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2013 at 6:02 PM · edited Sun, 08 December 2013 at 6:03 PM

It has been around for a while but sadly not used very often.  It appears not many animation fans.  Single frame images are more popular and easier for most I guess.  It is a shame as seeing a static figure or toon come alive is a neat experience.  Animation is more work than still images but worth it.

Personally, like you, I prefer animation most of the time with an occasional still image.

Welcome to the Animation Forum Mike

Pappy

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2013 at 8:01 PM

Well, there are a few of us still aroun.  I usually post in the Daz Studio forum since there are more seeemingly viewing there and also because it's what I use for animation.

Feel free to post a link to your animations here!

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

poisinivy ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2013 at 8:44 PM

welcome.

I'm a poser animator too

I share most of my stuff on Youtube now days.

I like to watching daz and poser animations. it seems now days though all you see is a ocean full of test animation, but not a lot of story based animations.

I look forward to watching post :)

MikeMoss ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2013 at 10:36 PM

Hi Again.

I've been disappointed that there isn't more interest in animation in Poser, it's what I like best about it, and I got bored doing stills.

I do my own character textures and each project is an experiment of some sort in what I can do with it.

Now I'm messing around with doing stereo 3D animations, but the problem with that is, that I can't really share them with anyone.

I'm running an nVidia 680 video card and have the 3D vision setup and an Asus 27" 144 Hz refresh monitor.  3D vision is amazing but no one I know has it but me.

I have a very fast Falcon NW computer and can output 3,000 frames of video from Poser in 1080, 15 to 20 minutes.  

This lets me do many sample clips so I experiment a lot.

The videos on my Vimeo page are mostly remakes of my older videos that I did in Poser 6 and 8, redone in Poser Pro 2014.  Originally I did these videos very small, to keep the size under 10 mb, so I could email them, but now I do them full HD and down sample them when I load them online.

I use Adobe Premiere Element 12 to do the editing.

Here's a link to my Vimeo page and the 6 videos that I have brought up to date or done recently.

http://vimeo.com/user20393565/videos

I'm trying to decide now if I want to update another one or start something new, but I'm going to keep adding to this page.

I've been recovering from eye surgery for the last month, but now I can get back to work.

Thanks for posting.

Mike

poisinivy ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2013 at 3:00 PM

Attached Link: Ivy Summers Animations

It looks like you have a good start building a animation collection.

You can check out the stuff I've done here I have 50  animated videos so far crearted with Daz. Poser & Maya .

http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1

my biggest hit to date is my Karate Girl series,

though i've been getting a lot of reqyuest lately for animation web comics I reckon they much be the new thing :)

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2013 at 3:13 PM

Hi

Pretty funny.

My main interest is in what I perceive as humor too.

I'm not sure anyone else thinks they are funny but I have a lot of fun doing them.

I think the next one will involve a vehicle; Lucy has both a Lotus 7 and a Morgan+8.

Now I just need a story to go with it.

Mike

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2013 at 5:00 PM

I hope you share it with us when you get it finshed :)

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2014 at 4:22 PM

Quote - Hi Again.

I've been disappointed that there isn't more interest in animation in Poser, it's what I like best about it, and I got bored doing stills.

I do my own character textures and each project is an experiment of some sort in what I can do with it.

Now I'm messing around with doing stereo 3D animations, but the problem with that is, that I can't really share them with anyone.

I'm running an nVidia 680 video card and have the 3D vision setup and an Asus 27" 144 Hz refresh monitor.  3D vision is amazing but no one I know has it but me.

I have a very fast Falcon NW computer and can output 3,000 frames of video from Poser in 1080, 15 to 20 minutes.  

This lets me do many sample clips so I experiment a lot.

The videos on my Vimeo page are mostly remakes of my older videos that I did in Poser 6 and 8, redone in Poser Pro 2014.  Originally I did these videos very small, to keep the size under 10 mb, so I could email them, but now I do them full HD and down sample them when I load them online.

I use Adobe Premiere Element 12 to do the editing.

Here's a link to my Vimeo page and the 6 videos that I have brought up to date or done recently.

http://vimeo.com/user20393565/videos

I'm trying to decide now if I want to update another one or start something new, but I'm going to keep adding to this page.

I've been recovering from eye surgery for the last month, but now I can get back to work.

Thanks for posting.

Mike

Hello
you say ... "I have a very fast computer and Falcon NW can output 3,000 frames of video from Poser in 1080, 15 to 20 minutes ..."
I ask a quick render like this in a DVD / Blue ray, would have market power?
how much ram memory you use?
you have experience with vue / rendercow?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2014 at 4:57 PM · edited Fri, 03 January 2014 at 5:03 PM

Attached Link: Lucy looks at Education.

Hi

I have a Falcon North West Talon computer.

i7, 4 core, 4 GHz processor, with liquid cooling, 32 gigs of 1800 Hz ram, an nVidia 680 video card with 4 gigs of ram. It's a year old right now.

I render my videos using the Preview Renderer at max texture resolutions and 1280 by 720 to 1920 by 1080 screen resolution.

I don't use Anti-aliasing, this gives very sharp video for my master videos, that usually have to be downsized when uploaded.

At these setting I can output more then 1 frame per second.

This is my output time from Poser, I edit the final video in Premiere Elements 12, Add the sound effects and music, output time from PE12 seems to be about the same, I can output a 3 to 4 minute video in full HD 1080 in about 15 to 20 minutes.

I'm pretty sure that I could output Blue Ray if I had a Blue Ray Recorder but I don't.

Mike

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2014 at 5:17 PM

**Hmmm, your computer is a killer machine!
I'm using this setup now:

**CPU MASTER: casemod AKASA Eclipse 62 / intel i7 2600 / Asrock Z77 Pro3 / GTX560se /  Ram: 4x 8GB, Corsair XMS3 DDR3 / (32Gb) / 120GB Sandisk SSD / HDD 7200rpm 1T / CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900 LED blue / Power suply Corsair CX500M (80 plus bronze)

So ... Anti-aliasing is not as important in sizes 1920 x 1080?

jimmyjjohn ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2014 at 3:55 AM

Attached Link: Sport Motion Graphics

As you probably know our library of customizable motion graphics is focused on high quality 3D/2D animations, backgrounds, loops, broadcast designs and visualizations. From now on our doors are open for motion geographers to upload video-files directly to our platform. You will receive 50-70% of the net price paid by the customer without concluding an exclusive contract with us. For further information please have a look at: [Medical Motion Graphics](http://www.editableae.com)

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2014 at 1:38 PM

Quote - As you probably know our library of customizable motion graphics is focused on high quality 3D/2D animations, backgrounds, loops, broadcast designs and visualizations. From now on our doors are open for motion geographers to upload video-files directly to our platform. You will receive 50-70% of the net price paid by the customer without concluding an exclusive contract with us. For further information please have a look at: Medical Motion Graphics

very good your products.
I must need some, but more for the future.
tell if this works on Hitfilms?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2014 at 3:00 PM

Hi Jorge

About Anti-aliasing.

The reason I don't use it, is that it really slows down the rendering process.

I find it's much faster to render in a bigger size then you need and then reduce it to what you want.

Actually when you get up to 1920 by 1080 jaggy edges aren't much of a problem anyway.

I've rendered both ways and I can hardly tell the difference.

But I can out put an HD frame in less then a second, add anti-aliasing and it can go up to several seconds, when you figure 4000 frames it adds up.

If you use Firefly then it goes to the totally impractical like 1 minute a frame or something.

I just don't have the patience to wait for it.

Mike

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2014 at 4:15 PM

Hmmm, I understand.
I got some questions on this subject, and so I posted a thread here about this issue for more suggestions:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/35291/#520993

MikeMoss ( ) posted Fri, 10 January 2014 at 12:05 AM · edited Fri, 10 January 2014 at 12:19 AM

Hi again.

Let me make one more thing clear if I can.

One of the reasons for using Anti-aliasing is so that you can zoom in to an image and not see ragged edges.

When working in Poser that doesn't apply.

If you zoom in while using Poser the image will stay just as clear and it is when you are far away from the figure of object because you aren't actually enlarging the image.

All of these images were rendered at 1920 by 1080 using Preview Render.

Lucy on Green Screen.

This one has Anti-aliasing...

WAI

This one doesn't...

NALI

but here's the important part...

This is the same figure zoomed in on...

With Anti-aliasing...

And without anti-aliasing...

You can see that it doesn't make any difference how much you zoom in the image doesn't get any more jagged because you aren't changing the image size, just how you frame it.

One last comment...

Have you ever seen a still frame from a movie? They don't look very sharp, but when viewed in sequence you don't notice it.  What you need for a still image is different then what you need for a video frame.

These images are the same as my video images.

They are actually much better as far clarity then a video camera recorded video image.

Mike

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Fri, 10 January 2014 at 4:21 PM

Quote - Hi again.

Let me make one more thing clear if I can.

One of the reasons for using Anti-aliasing is so that you can zoom in to an image and not see ragged edges.

When working in Poser that doesn't apply.

If you zoom in while using Poser the image will stay just as clear and it is when you are far away from the figure of object because you aren't actually enlarging the image.

All of these images were rendered at 1920 by 1080 using Preview Render.

Lucy on Green Screen.

This one has Anti-aliasing...

WAI

This one doesn't...

NALI

but here's the important part...

This is the same figure zoomed in on...

With Anti-aliasing...

And without anti-aliasing...

You can see that it doesn't make any difference how much you zoom in the image doesn't get any more jagged because you aren't changing the image size, just how you frame it.

One last comment...

Have you ever seen a still frame from a movie? They don't look very sharp, but when viewed in sequence you don't notice it.  What you need for a still image is different then what you need for a video frame.

These images are the same as my video images.

They are actually much better as far clarity then a video camera recorded video image.

Mike

Yeah, you're absolutely right, I do not really see virtually no difference in both your images
thanks for posting these images
Suddenly ... I have 2 computers, and if I choose to use 2, to render without anti-aliasing, it will go to the jet.
I ask, have you experience with the queue manager poser?

poisinivy ( ) posted Sat, 11 January 2014 at 2:42 PM · edited Sat, 11 January 2014 at 2:50 PM

Quote - Hi Jorge

About Anti-aliasing.

The reason I don't use it, is that it really slows down the rendering process.

I find it's much faster to render in a bigger size then you need and then reduce it to what you want.

Actually when you get up to 1920 by 1080 jaggy edges aren't much of a problem anyway.

I've rendered both ways and I can hardly tell the difference.

But I can out put an HD frame in less then a second, add anti-aliasing and it can go up to several seconds, when you figure 4000 frames it adds up.

If you use Firefly then it goes to the totally impractical like 1 minute a frame or something.

I just don't have the patience to wait for it.

Mike

may I ask Mike  how are you render 1 seconds key-frames so fast if your using shadow maps? even with Anti-aliasing off, which i found makes no diffrence in render times with a Nvida 460 or better graphic card using firefly.

Even when i use deep shadow maps my 1080 HD scene render at about 30 seconds per keyframe and with raytrace it can take as long as 3 minutes  to 3 days  per frame and add dynamic clothing or poser physic  in the scene and it can up the render times even more.

I am really interested in how you are rendering so fast per key-frame. Are you rendering with out shadows?  I ask because thats the only way I could achive such fast render times pre-keyframes is to render with out shadows.

If I render a 300 keyframes scenes which equals 10 seconds at 30 kfps. It will depending on how much collision I am using, take from a hour to 3 days for 300 keyframes to render  using IDL 1 Ray-trace and 4 deep shadow maps which give the best results and quality rendering in Poser pro2012

& In daz studio pro4.6 I found that Uber-Enivoment lights spheres give the best results. But wicked long render times.. 

Now days Raytrace is about all I use for rendering shadow maps. I figure if I'm going through all this work.  I can be patient and render the scene at the very best quailty shadow maps . It took me a long time to learn that..lol without shadows animations have no depth.

so I was just wondering if your using a specialy shadows settings because the samples you posted , it didn't look like your using any shadow map  or other wise I would assume the frame of the glasses would have left a shadow on the face of the character...

Is that how you achive such fast render times pre-key-frame?

CyBoRgTy ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2014 at 12:21 PM

Interesting discussions surrounding Poser. I have Poser 2012 and was very interested in doing a test animation with it, since it has cloth dynamics and appears to have better physics implementation than Carrara. I attempted to bring my own custom characters in, but had trouble with the rigging and this led me to question why everything, including clothes, are figures, etc. I went running back to Carrara with my tail between my legs. But I plan to try Poser again soon, but this time customize an existing character asset (I have a few apps I purchased and need time to test including Lightwave and Poser; perhaps I'll do a combined test using Poserfusion (but it appears I cant use Lightwave render nodes with Poserfusion)).

Animation is a hobby, but I have eight systems that I use in my Carrara render farm and would use those to help with my Poser renders. Since you guys are the Poser animation experts here, I will reach out for your help, if needed. ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.