Thu, Sep 19, 6:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:55 pm)

Subject: V4 underboob (low poly count?) any fixes?

Albiejee123 ( ) posted Wed, 15 January 2014 at 5:47 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 5:14 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_501045.jpg

I have not done too many closeup images of V4. With all the different morphs out there she has the potential to have the most wonderfuly shaped underboob going on... except I can count the polys in the images. Her underboobs are almost shaped like hexagons.  Am I missing anything? is there something I can do inside Daz or Poser to give a higher poly count there? or smoothing of some sort.  I find it noticeable no matter what size they are dialed to.  any help would be appreciated.

example image above

Albiejee123 ( ) posted Wed, 15 January 2014 at 8:19 PM

I've seen lots of images of v4 in the galleries that do not have this problem.  There has to be something I'm not doing right or is it post processing?

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Wed, 15 January 2014 at 8:30 PM

I tried her in Carrara and loaded the morphs zoomed in about where you are and closer.  I don't see the issue you are having.  Are you using DS or Poser? I know when I was reading on people exporting to say Zbrush there was some type of Sub-D they would use that affected the Mesh.  Hopefully someone will pop up with the answer for you

Albiejee123 ( ) posted Wed, 15 January 2014 at 9:37 PM

Quote - I tried her in Carrara and loaded the morphs zoomed in about where you are and closer.  I don't see the issue you are having.  Are you using DS or Poser? I know when I was reading on people exporting to say Zbrush there was some type of Sub-D they would use that affected the Mesh.  Hopefully someone will pop up with the answer for you

Thanks for checking Carrara, I didn't think to test it there too.  I primarily use Daz Studio. Your mention of Sub-D got me thinking and looking around in Daz more.  I didn't know that I had to go into the edit menu to apply Sub-D to the V4 figure, I always thought that daz automatically Used Sub-D When rendering.  I'll have to check in my Carrara and Poser too and see what is happening there.  I hope that is all it was, I'll have to try a few renders and see what happens.

Cheers,

Albiejee123 ( ) posted Wed, 15 January 2014 at 11:56 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_501051.jpg

All this time and I needed to be manually applying sub-D to V4.

Wow... noticable difference

EddyMI ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2014 at 1:19 AM

Yep, this one is much better.

Also the glare of the flash in the mirror.

Live Long and Prosper

jestmart ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2014 at 8:08 AM

V4 is a high poly mesh, you shouldn't need to and don't want to sub-d it.  Is that really V4 or the V4 shape for Genesis?

Albiejee123 ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2014 at 6:18 PM

Quote - V4 is a high poly mesh, you shouldn't need to and don't want to sub-d it.  Is that really V4 or the V4 shape for Genesis?

Yes this is using V4.2. I did a quick look in Poser and Carrara, it is not as noticeable in them but I can still see the edges of each poly on any close ups of well endowed morphs.

Sub-D cleans it up nice in DS though.  I don't need that much detail very often so good to know it is there.  I wonder what could be causing such a problem for me on the base mesh in DS.  Other people don't seem to have it-...Could it be my computer graphics card not performing some kind of smoothing function?

jestmart ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2014 at 6:53 PM · edited Thu, 16 January 2014 at 6:56 PM

file_501057.jpg

I wonder if you are getting one of lower poly LOD meshes.  Try changing DrawStyle to Wire Shaded like my image (the cursor in image is pointing to DrawStyle switch) .

Albiejee ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2014 at 2:19 AM

file_501065.jpg

> Quote - I wonder if you are getting one of lower poly LOD meshes.  Try changing DrawStyle to Wire Shaded like my image (the cursor in image is pointing to DrawStyle switch) .

Mine does look like that when wire shaded. Rendered I can see the point between each poly.  Maybe the Sub-D is what is needed.

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2014 at 12:52 AM

I know for poser there is a setting in render settings to 'smooth polygons'.

Check and see if the smoothing is turned on in studio. In the scene, click on v4, then go to the surfaces tab, scroll down to the verry bottom and there is a node that says 'smooth'. It should already be in the 'on' position. Check that. Thats the only way I know. But I just started using studio.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.