Fri, Sep 20, 3:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: June POSER Sale Continues - Upgrades now added

TinaK ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2014 at 10:01 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 9:28 PM

Just last week we announced that we were slashing prices on a few of the POSER Software products. We're excited to announce thatPOSER PRO 2014POSER 10 & POSER Debut are going to remain on sale through June 30th. To add to the excitement, we're also adding terrific upgrade opportunities to both POSER Pro 2014 & POSER 10!

Here is the link to take you directly to these fantastic deals:

http://www.renderosity.com/june-poser-sales---upgrades-now-included-cms-17128

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2014 at 5:05 AM · edited Sun, 22 June 2014 at 5:07 AM

Great news Tina... I'm tempted to 'go pro'!   ;o)

But a few questions first:

1. Are the upgrades 'digital download only'?

1A) Are downloads direct from Renderosity, or will they be from the Smith Micro site?

1. How long will the actual download be available for?

2. Will the upgrade overwrite the existing copy of Poser, or will it install alongside it? (e.g. if I upgrade from Poser 9 to Poser Pro 2014, will I still be able to run my original Poser 9 as well as the new Poser Pro 2014)?

3. Same question as PAnn regarding backups of the installers www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2882232

4. There's a few questions posted by other people on the 'June POSER Sales - Upgrades NOW Included'page that you linked to. Some of them need answers - hope somebody will take a look.

Cheers,

pete

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

TinaK ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2014 at 8:40 AM

Quote - But a few questions first:

1. Are the upgrades 'digital download only'?   YES

1A) Are downloads direct from Renderosity, or will they be from the Smith Micro site? They will be from SM site.

1. How long will the actual download be available for?  As long as you have your Registration Key then you should always be able to download.

2. Will the upgrade overwrite the existing copy of Poser, or will it install alongside it? (e.g. if I upgrade from Poser 9 to Poser Pro 2014, will I still be able to run my original Poser 9 as well as the new Poser Pro 2014)?  You would have to read the Product requirements like this one on Poser Pro 2014 reads: MUST HAVE VALID LICENSE FOR POSER 6 OR HIGHER OR POSER DEBUT TO USE THIS PRODUCT

3. Same question as PAnn regarding backups of the installers www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2882232  - I am not the one to answer this question but I have pointed via email to the correct person.  Since it is the weekend I really believe that you will get an answer on Monday.

4. There's a few questions posted by other people on the 'June POSER Sales - Upgrades NOW Included'page that you linked to. Some of them need answers - hope somebody will take a look.

Cheers,

pete

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2014 at 9:32 PM · edited Sun, 22 June 2014 at 9:35 PM

Thanks Tina, that's clarified a few things. But since there's a no refund/exchage I want to be absolutely certain first. So....

Regarding point 3: The product requirements don't provide the answer (and neither does anything on the product/upgrade page here at Renderosity, or even at SM)

I already know that I'm eligible for the upgrade to Poser Pro 2014, since I have Poser 9.

But 'Upgrades' work in different ways, depending on the application/manufacterer. Some 'upgrades' completely replace the existing version, while other 'upgrades' install alongside it.  I simply want to be absolutely sure that I will still have Poser 9 as well as Poser Pro 2014 on my machine after the upgrade (I create Poser content, and need to be able to test with other versions).

(P.S. Point 4 is being dealt with by Jenn in PAnn's thread - but it's not quite resolved yet...)

And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

PAnn ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2014 at 10:08 PM

I used Poser 9 as well and I just went and checked and it is still there and working fine. The upgrade didn't bother it at all.

Pat

Vaskania ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2014 at 11:03 PM

Quote - I used Poser 9 as well and I just went and checked and it is still there and working fine. The upgrade didn't bother it at all.

Pat

That's the one thing I noticed when I first upgraded from 2012 to 2014. You're buying an "upgrade", but it's actually a complete version without needing the 2012 location or it's key. Pretty nice if you ask me.

-----sig-----
Daz, Blender, Affinity, Substance, Unity, Python, C#

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 12:04 AM

I've just bought the Poser Pro 2014 upgrade, downloaded and installed the Smith Micro Download Manager, ran it and got the 'Please enter your product serial number' dialogue.

I entered my Poser 9 serial number (in the -----*** format ), it went off to validate it, and came back saying 'Error validating serial number'.

I've tried entering the serial number without the dashes - same problem.

I've tried using my Poser 8 serial number, with and without dashes - same problem.

I've checked my product registration information at support.smithmicro.com and cut-and-pasted the Poser 8 and Poser 9 serial numbers from there - same problem.

I've double-checked the 'UPGRADE Poser Pro 2014' product page for the requirements...

• Software:  Poser 6, Poser 7, Poser 8, Poser 9, Poser Pro 2010, Poser Pro 2012, Poser 10, Poser Debut

• Requirements:  MUST HAVE VALID LICENSE FOR POSER 6 OR HIGHER OR POSER DEBUT TO USE THIS PRODUCT

Any ideas?

Confusedly, Pete

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 12:23 AM

(P.S. I've already contacted SM support - waiting for a reply)

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 12:46 AM

Scratch that - I should be entering the new Poser Pro 2014 serial number in that box!

I should be embarrassed, but I'm not!  :)

PAnn ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 9:25 AM

Glad you figured it out okay.  I was surprised because I had my book out with all my serial numbers listed in one place and they didn't ask for any of that at all.  Unless they have a way of verifying where they are downloading to coinciding with downloading a previous version, they didn't ask for old serial numbers at all.

Pat

3dpixstudio ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 2:35 PM

Hi does an upgrade of Poser through Renderosity qualify for monthly Render Rewards?  There is nothing that mentions yes or no. thx

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 9:16 PM · edited Tue, 24 June 2014 at 9:16 PM

Quote - Glad you figured it out okay.  I was surprised because I had my book out with all my serial numbers listed in one place and they didn't ask for any of that at all.  Unless they have a way of verifying where they are downloading to coinciding with downloading a previous version, they didn't ask for old serial numbers at all.

Pat

I was expecting to enter an old S/N to download too, which is my excuse for my stupid mistake! But the old S/N wasn't required until I actually ran Poser Pro 2014 for the first time.

Quote - Hi does an upgrade of Poser through Renderosity qualify for monthly Render Rewards?  There is nothing that mentions yes or no. thx

I think that when I had the upgrade in my cart (this is my only purchase this month) it said something like "$0 more required to qualify for render rewards this month", so I guess it does. But an admin should be able to say for sure.

EventMobil ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2014 at 5:35 PM

I had the same problem today with my 2012 to 2014 upgrade. It was mentioned and stressed so many times that you NEED A PREVIOUS SERIAL NUMBER FOR THE INSTALLATION, that I was completely focussed on my old (Poser 2012 Pro) Serial number. I entered it four or seven times, first believing in a mistyping, then exchanging zeros and capital o's systematically... Finally I reallized that I had already received a new serial number for the 2014 upgrade, and that I had to enter my new serial number first, and later the former one...

From the point of view of software ergonomics it would be helpful to add "Poser Pro 2014" to the input message, making it:

'Please enter your Poser Pro 2014 serial number'

Really, I was close to sending mails to customer support myself, just like 3dcheapskate above.

Poser Pro 2014 GameDev, Lightwave 11.6.3, Blacksmith3D Pro 6, Bryce 7, Carrara Pro 8.5, Reality 4 & LuxRender, Python 2.7 & Wx-Python, UV-Mapper Pro, XFrog 3.5, Paintshop Pro X7, Apophysis 7x64

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Don't render faster than your artistic guardian angel can fly...

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 12:08 PM

LOL - I'm so, so happy to know it's not just me!   :o)

swordman10 ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 1:37 PM · edited Thu, 26 June 2014 at 1:38 PM

I have just purchased and I am downloading via the smith micro download manager...HOWEVER the machine that I use to download software / content IS NOT the same machine on which I install said software or content..

My main workstation has no internet connection...so the question is, how do I go about installing this Version of Poser Pro 2014, as from what I can see the installation method is now all managed by the download manager, not via Zip files like it used to be..

I was expecting to be able to transfer the Zip files to my workstation for installation.

Am I stuffed.??

Any guidance would be appreciated.

S.K.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 6:07 AM

I'd guess that you can probably just do the download bit with the DLM (making sure NOT to click any 'Install' buttons, despite it tempting you to do so), and then copy just the copy the nine executables to your other machine and run them each in turn. But that is just a guess.

Alternatively perhaps copy the whole of the SmithMicroDLM folder to your machine once everything's downloaded?

You really need Jenn or SM support to confirm that though.

EventMobil ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 6:02 PM · edited Fri, 27 June 2014 at 6:08 PM

Quote - I have just purchased and I am downloading via the smith micro download manager...HOWEVER the machine that I use to download software / content IS NOT the same machine on which I install said software or content..

My main workstation has no internet connection...so the question is, how do I go about installing this Version of Poser Pro 2014, as from what I can see the installation method is now all managed by the download manager, not via Zip files like it used to be..

I was expecting to be able to transfer the Zip files to my workstation for installation.

Am I stuffed.??

Any guidance would be appreciated.

The Download Manager just downloads and stores the 9 files, 5.3 GB. It also offers to do the installation, but you can as well copy the downloaded files to your other computer and install manually.

Unfortunately I don't recall about registration, whether or not internet connectivity was required for PP2014.

Once upon a time I also had a constellation, where I refused to put my 3D-Computer on internet, for fear of viruses. But I reallized, that frequent updates of all my 3D softwares definately required internet connectivity for that computer. I'm nowadays running Poser  PRO 2012 and 2014, Bryce, DAZ Studio, Hexagon, Lightwave3D, Blender, Wings3D, Carrara Pro 8.5, X-Frog 3.5, UV-Mapper Pro, Blacksmith3D Pro 5, Lux-Render and Reality3, Paintshop and Photoshop, PoserFileOrganizer, PzDB (content database), another 10 or 12 utility programs, and updating them from another computer through internal transfer would be a major headache or even impossible at all.

So, if you plan to go ahead and use more tools, you should get used to at least plug the internet from time to time to perform all the updates, which are usually severely improving functionallities.

Cheers, Martin

Poser Pro 2014 GameDev, Lightwave 11.6.3, Blacksmith3D Pro 6, Bryce 7, Carrara Pro 8.5, Reality 4 & LuxRender, Python 2.7 & Wx-Python, UV-Mapper Pro, XFrog 3.5, Paintshop Pro X7, Apophysis 7x64

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Don't render faster than your artistic guardian angel can fly...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.