Fri, Sep 20, 2:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Marketplace Bugs/Issues ONLY

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2014 at 4:23 PM

In the item list in my account all items now have an updated date of 2014-06-25

I don't think all products in the store have been updates, so it looks like the update date does not work properly

TinaK ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2014 at 4:32 PM

Quote - Greetings,

Please add:

white-space: nowrap

to the dates in the item list.  Below a window-width of 1470 pixels, they wrap unpleasantly in my display.  An example image is below.  This is not a major problem, but it IS a bug, and it is one that is easily fixed.

--  Morgan

Thank you and I will make sure our Programmer look into it.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

TinaK ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2014 at 4:50 PM

Quote - In the item list in my account all items now have an updated date of 2014-06-25

I don't think all products in the store have been updates, so it looks like the update date does not work properly

Ohh now that is not correct.  Let me go take a peek.

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

IceEmpress ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2014 at 5:30 PM

*Render Rewards will not be extended as they automatically expire and count toward your next month $ amount spent. *

Well, that's it, I'm leaving.  The staff has proven themselves too inconsiderate, incompetent, and short sided.  I apologize to all vendors here, victims of this unspeakable abuse.  I hope you are able to find a new home at another store, as this one clearly does not serve your best interests anymore.

rbaker1956 ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2014 at 8:06 PM

" Render Rewards will not be extended as they automatically expire and count toward your next month $ amount spent. "

Tina thanks for the reply. Actually there are a couple of ways you could do it. It could be store credit or a gift certificate. I might suggest that you actually have someone take a look at my account before you burn me of a $132.00 credit...OR NOT. I'm not going to rant or rave because that's not my style, but I will tell you that from a business perspective, I'm not the kind of customer you want to have go away. Having said all of that, what's a little egregious is that Renderosity sprang these changes in the last week of the month with no real warning that there might be sitewide issues. I understand you guys didn't anticipate them, (although if you paid any kind of attention to DAZ3d's rollout of their new site, it should have served as a cautionary tale.) BUT now that these" bugs" have manifested themselves, it seems that tunnel vision around the site has made you guys myopic to the larger picture. The site isn't the most important thing for Renderosity's future going forward, the customer base is! I have no doubt, that somewhere in the future the website's going to be just fine, maybe (and hope springs eternal)even far better than the old site. I realize that for some of the members, it's working perfectly fine now, for others there are minor irritations, and others are spouting that they are walking away outraged at the betrayal. I'm sure the furor will die down. BUT when there is a "cock-up" (and this is a cock-up) the onus of the burden should never be laid at the feet of the customer, (that, borders on indifferent bureaucratic abuse) but rather you guys should be placating the real ruffled feathers to buy yourselves some goodwill while you get stuff straightened out. Your response ( And I am giving you the benefit of the doubt as to intent.) was basically, " No we can't bend our policy to insure that YOU won't be financially affected by this cock-up, but could you send us a screen shot to help US fix the problem with OUR rollout!????"

Next time could you buy me dinner first?

SO, no, no screenshot. If you guys talk amongst yourselves about my situation and arrive at an equitable solution for me, then great. If not I am sure that I can limply navigate the website and spend $132.00 on something so that it's not a complete waste. And I still have credit at the store to the tune of a hundred something, so you have about thee hundred bucks that I will probably spend in the future, but that's money you guys already banked. I'm certainly NOT going to stomp my feet and swear to the Gods and all that is unholy that I will never shop at Renderosity again. I will if I can and there's something I want to buy. Currently I can't see anything TO buy and have no idea whether that will be true in the future. As far as being your beta/lab rat, sorry but you've made it abundantly clear there's no cheese at the end of the hallway. Let me know what you've decided in 24 hours or less and I will plan accordingly. regards -rbaker1956

caty77 ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 7:43 AM

Hi!

And for the horizontal scrollbar? It's tiresome to see this since several days; and for why? Some pixels in excess.

Sabby ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 9:02 AM · edited Thu, 26 June 2014 at 9:03 AM

I don't know, this may not help, but will the store allow you to buy a gift card with your rewards?

I've never tried it before, but it may allow you to hang onto them past the month if you can...

On a side note,  someone spending enough to earn that many render rewards is the type of person you DO bend the rules to satisfy, especially when they are not being irate but simply asking nicely. 

Also you could try emailing or calling, you may get more help or attention that way. 

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

wiz ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 12:58 PM

Firefox 30 Windows 7

Firefox 30 OS-X 10.9

Safari OS-X 10.9

Clicking the "wishlist" icon on an item in the shoping cart adds the item to the wishlist, without actually removing it from the cart. You then have to go back and delete the item from the cart. Which is made even worse by code that takes 4 seconds to do either of these things.

Clicks Wishlist on first item (indicator goes spin spin spin, user drums fingers on desk)

Clicks Delete on first item (indicator goes spin spin spin, user drums fingers on desk)

Clicks Wishlist on second item (indicator goes spin spin spin, user drums fingers on desk)

Clicks Delete on second item (indicator goes spin spin spin, user drums fingers on desk)

Looks at four more items that need to be moved from cart to wishlist.

Closes browser window.

Makes note come back in a couple of weeks to see if they've fixed this mess.

Goes and buys something from DAZ.

TinaK ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 2:02 PM

Quote - Greetings,

Please add:

to the dates in the item list.  Below a window-width of 1470 pixels, they wrap unpleasantly in my display.  An example image is below.  This is not a major problem, but it IS a bug, and it is one that is easily fixed.

--  Morgan

Thanks for bring this to our attention and we have made a few tweeks.  Can you take a look and let me know if it looks better for you?

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

TinaK ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 2:04 PM

Quote - Hi!

Please, delete this horizontale scrollbar! It's horrible and it is present everywhere since several days, except on the first page of the site: http://www.renderosity.com/

It's tiresome to see this thing for 2 unfortunate pixels that had to be badly programmed.

Oh, and certains products are visible on MP before their official start...

Could you please send me a few more details as weher you are seeing the scrollbar.  We believe this maybe browser specific issue but with more detail we can check further.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

TinaK ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 2:07 PM

Quote - In the item list in my account all items now have an updated date of 2014-06-25

This issue has been corrected.  Unfortunately the dates of 2014-06-25 that are in place can not be removed but will be corrected upon new updates.

Please let me know if you don't so any changes.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

caty77 ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 2:58 PM

Hi!

I use firefox (always the same navigator since I started on RR).

Before changes on the Marketplace, no problem. But after, this scrollbar is arrived; what glue thumbnails and texts very close margin.

scrollbar

scrollbar2

Oddly, the thumbnails of freestuff are less glued (but the scrollbar is there), and the text is strangely 'centered'. And for the text, since the lasts changes of the months... And then we can not blame my browser, since all pages are not affected by this type of layout of the text above.

scrollbar3

I do not know how programmer(s) work, but it might be worth it just checks the site to see it all. This can be avoided is that scrollbars for nothing; or simply shifts in the pages.

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 3:06 PM

Quote - > Quote - In the item list in my account all items now have an updated date of 2014-06-25

This issue has been corrected.  Unfortunately the dates of 2014-06-25 that are in place can not be removed but will be corrected upon new updates.

Please let me know if you don't so any changes.

About 180 products in my item list have now an update date of 2014-06-23 or 24

Last correct update date seems to be 214-06-20. Do you have a list of the updated items since that time (can't be too many)

While looking at this, I realized there is no page number entry field. With alfabetical order this is a real serious problem. If you know the name or vendor you can search the list, but if you do not know that, you have to use next page button and cannot skip sectgioons (apart from changing the URL)

helgas ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 4:40 PM

I just did my first check-out using the new design.

1. The size of the file to download is missing. This is unacceptable.

2. There is no indication that I have clicked on something. The file name needs to become highlighted or change color.

3. Please, this is not a suggestion. This is a minimum requirement in any store check-out.

TinaK ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 5:15 PM

Quote - I just did my first check-out using the new design.

2. There is no indication that I have clicked on something. The file name needs to become highlighted or change color.

3. Please, this is not a suggestion. This is a minimum requirement in any store check-out.

I will report that the size of the file is missing and see if we can also indicate which file is being or has been downloaded.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

helgas ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 7:05 PM · edited Thu, 26 June 2014 at 7:08 PM

Thank you Tina. This would be a great help to all your customers. 

alanbard ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 12:26 AM

file_505296.jpg

was able to add nautilus library (prime) to my cart without the previous message saying hey, stupid you already own this...  despite have bought it in  Order #: [112393454](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/account/?ViewOrder=112393454) · Purchased on Sep 12, 2013 

also on the first page of checking out with the display on stuff added to prime across the top... right clicking on an item and saying open in new tab... opens a duplicate of the page.

while checking the stuff on the first page of checkout, I went back to the plain shopping cart page where it now has a message across the top that says:
Caught exception: It appears this item is already in your cart. 
doesn't say which item and if I reload the cart from drop down menu it shows all the items with no message. 

top is cart after going back from page one of checkout
middle is a fresh cart
bottom shows item already purchased

helgas ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 2:19 PM

The following products in my Wishlist are missing the "Move To Top" button:

1. Viral

2. CargoJack And Containers

3. Lovelies for Handbag 1

4. Revanche Sport Car for Poser and Vue

5. Vibrant Kouros Hair

TinaK ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 2:20 PM

Quote - Greetings,

Please add:

--  Morgan

This should be corrected now.  Please take a look and let me know if it is better for you.

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

TinaK ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 2:22 PM

Quote - Hi!

Please, delete this horizontale scrollbar! It's horrible and it is present everywhere since several days, except on the first page of the site: http://www.renderosity.com/

It's tiresome to see this thing for 2 unfortunate pixels that had to be badly programmed.

Oh, and certains products are visible on MP before their official start...

Our progammers believe this is a browser issue and I want to be sure.  Can you give me more details and screenshots so that I can give them a visual of what you are seeing?

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

TinaK ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 2:29 PM

This has been corrected but you will continue to see the 06/25/14 date until further updates happen.  I am not sure why these can not be removed but our Programmer did say they will eventually go away.

Hope this helps.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

TinaK ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 2:32 PM

Quote - Firefox 30 Windows 7

Firefox 30 OS-X 10.9

Safari OS-X 10.9

Clicking the "wishlist" icon on an item in the shoping cart adds the item to the wishlist, without actually removing it from the cart. You then have to go back and delete the item from the cart. Which is made even worse by code that takes 4 seconds to do either of these things.

Clicks Wishlist on first item (indicator goes spin spin spin, user drums fingers on desk)

Clicks Delete on first item (indicator goes spin spin spin, user drums fingers on desk)

Clicks Wishlist on second item (indicator goes spin spin spin, user drums fingers on desk)

Clicks Delete on second item (indicator goes spin spin spin, user drums fingers on desk)

Looks at four more items that need to be moved from cart to wishlist.

Closes browser window.

Makes note come back in a couple of weeks to see if they've fixed this mess.

Goes and buys something from DAZ.

Issue has now been resolved.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

caty77 ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 2:32 PM

Hi Tina!

I have post my capture this last evening (for me), in this page 3:

Posted Thu, Jun 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Before changes, no scrollbar. After, scrollbar. I always use Firefox.

One page is spared by scrollbar: http://www.renderosity.com/

So I do not see too why my browser would make scrollbar on all pages except one.

TinaK ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 3:03 PM

Quote - I just did my first check-out using the new design.

They agree and tell me that they will correct this issue but it may be a day or so before they actually address it.

So I will be back with you know once it is correct.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

TinaK ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 3:04 PM · edited Fri, 27 June 2014 at 3:13 PM

file_505311.png

> Quote - The following products in my Wishlist are missing the "Move To Top" button: > > 1. Viral > > 2. CargoJack And Containers > > 3. Lovelies for Handbag 1 > > 4. Revanche Sport Car for Poser and Vue > > 5. Vibrant Kouros Hair

This is being investigated now and hopefully fixed very soon.

This is what we found and we do thank you for reporting this:

If you search then they do not come up with "Move To The Top" button.  This will be corrected in the future.

But we also found that anything that was on page 2, 3, 4, etc was not showing a move to top but has now been correct.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

helgas ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 3:07 PM

The "Move To Top" feature that I reported is actually very strange.

Just went back to my Wishlist to change the order of items. The ones that didn't show the "Move To Top" option 2 hours ago had this option when I opened the Wishlist again.

When I changed the order, the thumbnail under the Moved To Top item disappeared and didn't come back.

On page 2, 3, 4, and 5, the first product on the page doesn't show a "Move To Top" option.

The fact is that all items do have the "Move To Top" option but something happens to this option when products are moved around. It is the "Now you see me, now you don't" problem.

The first product on page one doesn't need a "Move To Top" button since it is already at the top but, the code also removes this option from the first product of the following pages.

I hope I have explained this correctly.

caty77 ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 10:22 AM

Hi!

For the scrollbar, i noticed that on the homepage, there are a big colum for "featured", "what's new", "renderosity chat"...

For other pages, it's a column few large. But maybe she is too far of the others things (threads on forum, pictures and thumbnails for galleries and freestuff...). I think that is the distance the problem.

See on the first picture that i send these last days

too far

Message and "tipe of the week" for example are too far one for other.

rotrex ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 9:00 PM · edited Sat, 28 June 2014 at 9:14 PM

file_505347.jpg

I keep getting this error message when I try to purchase something. I called my credit card customer service, and they told me that my credit card is fine. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm using IE and Windows 7, by the way.

Just tried Firefox. Same result.

Nosiferret ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 5:22 PM

I am sure this is on the list but I had to look up a few old items in the MP and read the read-me files attached. I kept getting the following error messages. 

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

NoSuchKey

The specified key does not exist.

products/product_85759/Help85759.txt

F08CF07A322F06B0

HyViFk/aQtsPkcMxnTBSZqU8I7FMka/sv6s/ZLT2vUKojr22dXneiQW8rLXeubtA

I did notice that the newer items the read-me's loaded up super fast. So I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before the older stuff is updated. But thought I'd pass this along just in case. 

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 11:43 PM

Tina, I left for several days...sorry, just could not handle the chaos here...

In my screen capture, of my first post here -  I was simply looking at the previews or "thumbnails" for the product for Carnie for Dawn... the thumbnails seem to be working ok today.

And in my second post about getting products to go OUT of my wish list when it did put them INTO my CART (ending up with TWO of the same item- one remaining in my wish list, a copy in my cart).

Now today, the cart and wish list are working properly. There have been some obvious fixes to this function of the market.  I had to get some Dawn items that were going off sale, so I took a chance and did each thing: click to add wish list items TO my cart, (and it worked fine) and then went through check out... which is obviously STEAMLINED !  It is very clear what I have bought, my coupon discount, etc.

I am using IE 11 with win7 32 bit.

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

gishzida ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 6:08 AM

Quote - > Quote -  

Tina,

I gotta ask why do you consider this a "suggestion item"? It was working before your "update" now it does not work-- Breaking functionality is generally considered a bug.... or was breaking this intentional?

I have purchased over 1900 items here. The changes have made it impossible to easily check for updates... which makes this a "bug".

As noted the sort function does not work for vendor, date, order number or updated.

win 7 pro x64  firefox 30

I do apologize I think I misunderstood the question and I have the Programmer looking in to that at this moment.

Still broken...

Mithoron ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 10:05 AM

So I consider this a bug, because it is a loss of functionalty from the old site.

I decided to give the new changes a bit of time, and this weekend decided to go shopping.  I was looking for something simple, metal armor for a male character.  In the past, I could go to Marketplace, Clothing, Male, Fantasy, DazStudio and voila, there were all the armor packages available for male figures!

Try doing that now...I'm sure there is some vendor's awesome armor out there I missed and would have purchased, but due to the now limited search and filter options, I cannot find it...

Please revert back to the old filtering options at the very least!  Right now how are people supposed to shop if they cannot find what they are looking for?

TinaK ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 10:56 AM

Quote - To my post before: if these products are unavailable, then the disabling of the add-to-cart button of course is correct, but then the "Unavailable" flag is missing, which causes confusion.  

This issue has now been resolved.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

3dstories ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 12:11 PM · edited Mon, 30 June 2014 at 12:13 PM

Hi.

Running XP, and now Firefox 30 (due to an unwelcome auto-upgrade from 28, despite me telling mozilla not to) the Crux is that I now have nosebleed size thumbnails that are hard to maneuver on a desktop.  Marketplace and Pime, for instance, only show two "thumbnails" side-by-side on a 22" monitor. I used to get something like 12 or 16 in the same space. 

I spent a lot of time writing a couple of comments and problems, mostly before Stacy pointed to two threads. I took screen captures and uploaded them, which considering the time involved I am not likely to do again.

Here's where they originated ("What happened to Prime?) and the thread is self-contained at this point:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2882345

I consider the unruly size,  long mouse scrolls, and difficulty seeing a vendor's product all at once a major bug issue, but I am concerned you may be intentionally designing your site this way to accomodate smartphones. If the nosebleed sizes are not going to be reduced, I expect to do less shopping here on my desktop becuase it is simply not friendly. This is not a threat; it's a limitation.

I made my points and showed my difficulties as clearly and succinctly as possible in the thread. If I could merge them here I would. Since I can't, I'm  logging the link here and would like to know if these issues are being addressed of if they are part of the new architecture.

Thank you.

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 12:24 PM

The rendo rewards total figures are zero, even though I have purchased items!

TinaK ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:05 PM

Quote - was able to add nautilus library (prime) to my cart without the previous message saying hey, stupid you already own this... 
despite
have bought it in  Order #: 112393454 · Purchased on Sep 12, 2013 

also on the first page of checking out with the display on stuff added to prime across the top... right clicking on an item and saying open in new tab... opens a duplicate of the page.

while checking the stuff on the first page of checkout, I went back to the plain shopping cart page where it now has a message across the top that says:
Caught exception: It appears this item is already in your cart. 
doesn't say which item and if I reload the cart from drop down menu it shows all the items with no message. 

top is cart after going back from page one of checkout
middle is a fresh cart
bottom shows item already purchased

You were able to add nautilus because it was previously added as a bundle.

Yes if you click on one of the items across the top it is going to open in a new tab. You should no longer being seeing the  "Caught exception" message going forward because the add to cart button will be enabled.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

TinaK ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:11 PM

Quote - I am sure this is on the list but I had to look up a few old items in the MP and read the read-me files attached. I kept getting the following error messages. 

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

NoSuchKey

The specified key does not exist.

products/product_85759/Help85759.txt

F08CF07A322F06B0

HyViFk/aQtsPkcMxnTBSZqU8I7FMka/sv6s/ZLT2vUKojr22dXneiQW8rLXeubtA

I did notice that the newer items the read-me's loaded up super fast. So I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before the older stuff is updated. But thought I'd pass this along just in case. 

You are correct these older items should be catching up if they haven't already.

Let me know if you continue to see this issue.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

TinaK ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:20 PM

Quote - Hi.

Running XP, and now Firefox 30 (due to an unwelcome auto-upgrade from 28, despite me telling mozilla not to) the Crux is that I now have nosebleed size thumbnails that are hard to maneuver on a desktop.  Marketplace and Pime, for instance, only show two "thumbnails" side-by-side on a 22" monitor. I used to get something like 12 or 16 in the same space. 

I spent a lot of time writing a couple of comments and problems, mostly before Stacy pointed to two threads. I took screen captures and uploaded them, which considering the time involved I am not likely to do again.

Here's where they originated ("What happened to Prime?) and the thread is self-contained at this point:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2882345

I consider the unruly size,  long mouse scrolls, and difficulty seeing a vendor's product all at once a major bug issue, but I am concerned you may be intentionally designing your site this way to accomodate smartphones. If the nosebleed sizes are not going to be reduced, I expect to do less shopping here on my desktop becuase it is simply not friendly. This is not a threat; it's a limitation.

I made my points and showed my difficulties as clearly and succinctly as possible in the thread. If I could merge them here I would. Since I can't, I'm  logging the link here and would like to know if these issues are being addressed of if they are part of the new architecture.

Thank you.

Looking into this for you with our Programmers now.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

TinaK ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:27 PM

file_505402.png

> Quote - The rendo rewards total figures are zero, even though I have purchased items!

This is what I am seeing when I look at your account.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 3:52 PM · edited Mon, 30 June 2014 at 3:58 PM

Previously, when I had already purchased an item, I was notified of that fact when I tried to put it in my cart. Now the add to cart button tells us a product has been "purchased" but it's unreliable.

I have numerous items in my product list that, when I click on them, do not show "purchased" on the product page -- and which permit me to add them to my cart.

A couple of days ago, I purchased a product that I had previously purchased. This has never happened here before.

Now I have to check my product list every single time I want to make a purchase. It's time consuming and a bit off-putting.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. I have checked about ten of the offending items, and they were bundle purchases. The rest probably are too. I guess this needs to be taken to the "suggestion" thread. :)

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

TinaK ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 4:09 PM

Quote - Previously, when I had already purchased an item, I was notified of that fact when I tried to put it in my cart. Now the add to cart button tells us a product has been "purchased" but it's unreliable.

I have numerous items in my product list that, when I click on them, do not show "purchased" on the product page -- and which permit me to add them to my cart.

A couple of days ago, I purchased a product that I had previously purchased. This has never happened here before.

Now I have to check my product list every single time I want to make a purchase. It's time consuming and a bit off-putting.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. I have checked about ten of the offending items, and they were bundle purchases. The rest probably are too. I guess this needs to be taken to the "suggestion" thread. :)

Thanks I will make sure it gets onto the Suggestion list.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

cypherfox ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 7:46 PM

Greetings,

Quote - > Quote - Please add:

--  Morgan

This should be corrected now.  Please take a look and let me know if it is better for you.

Thanks

Much better, thank you very much!  The updated dates are wrong, but you know that already, and I'll just presume anything updated on those dates...wasn't. :) In other news, I have stopped browsing 'rosity on my smartphone, and browsing it on my iPad is uncomfortable, but those are matters of taste, not outright bugs.

Change is in the wind everywhere these days, and it's never comfortable.  I don't think these changes have been for the better, all told, but I'm fairly confident that you'll know from your own statistics whether it drives more sales or not, which is in the end all that matters.

I wish you the best of luck with the site upgrade!

--  Morgan

gishzida ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 9:22 PM

Quote - Greetings,

Quote - > Quote - Please add:

--  Morgan

Thanks

Much better, thank you very much!  The updated dates are wrong, but you know that already, and I'll just presume anything updated on those dates...wasn't. :) In other news, I have stopped browsing 'rosity on my smartphone, and browsing it on my iPad is uncomfortable, but those are matters of taste, not outright bugs.

Change is in the wind everywhere these days, and it's never comfortable.  I don't think these changes have been for the better, all told, but I'm fairly confident that you'll know from your own statistics whether it drives more sales or not, which is in the end all that matters.

I wish you the best of luck with the site upgrade!

--  Morgan

Morgan,

What are you showing as updates? I'm showing many [not all] of Mihrelle, Studio Art Vartanian, and Godin and a couple of others as updated on 6-24, 6-25, and 6-29.

It is possible that these are valid updates or not... but SexAppeal Blouse and Skirt dated 6-29-2014 is definintely an update

regards

Gz

cypherfox ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 5:36 PM · edited Tue, 01 July 2014 at 5:38 PM

Greetings,

Okay, this is a significant bug:

Viewing the Prime category, page three: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?TopID=&Prime=Y&page_number=3

If you reload, you get a different set of objects.  In fact, there's no way to know you've seen a complete set of all the 'Classic Prime' objects that have been added, because as you move from page to page, some items will appear on the next page that were on the previous page.

This requires a secondary sort on top of the set-to-prime-at date, which is what it's apparently sorting on right now.

--  Morgan

[Edit: It appears that there may be a certain consistency, as if you stored a cached version of the page, only it's a different cached version for each of your web servers, so different reloads get directed to a different server which serves up a different cached version.  Still a bug. :( ]

Fenier ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 12:57 PM

On a Stock Android Phone (Nexus 5)..

• The sartphone website presents in no less than 4 different layouts / resolutions.
  • Sometimes those are combined on the same page.
  • Layout is left aligned, leaving a larger then expected right margin.
  • You have two seperate 'menu' buttons, one for the Global Nav and One for Site Mail / Notifications.
  • Links open in a new tab, even on smartphones.

The consistant shifting back and forth between layouts on a Smartphone is exceptionally jarring to people.

bobsil ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2014 at 3:00 PM

I guess it's been about 3 weeks now with alot of people having issues with the way marketplace is set up!! Can ANYONE from renderrosity give it's customers a time line when it will be fixed? It's getting really irritating!!!!!!

Mithoron ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2014 at 3:08 PM

Quote - I guess it's been about 3 weeks now with alot of people having issues with the way marketplace is set up!! Can ANYONE from renderrosity give it's customers a time line when it will be fixed? It's getting really irritating!!!!!!

Working as intended apparently...

wimvdb ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2014 at 7:18 AM

Font color for price and discount are pretty much unreadable due to the color choice. Siince the previous version of the market place did not have this provblem, I am now reporting this as a bug because of loss of functionality 

Reporting it here now since the feedback thread seems to be ignored

Mithoron ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2014 at 7:28 AM · edited Sat, 05 July 2014 at 7:29 AM

Quote - Font color for price and discount are pretty much unreadable due to the color choice. Siince the previous version of the market place did not have this provblem, I am now reporting this as a bug because of loss of functionality 

Reporting it here now since the feedback thread seems to be ignored

This thread seems to be pretty much ignored as well...

On to a new issue I'm finding...has something changed with the preview images?  I'm finding them to be loading extremely slow...I just spent literally TEN MINUTES going through 6 previews of a product.

And it's not any one product, they are all being slow to load, and this has only recently occurred, so what has changed?

Cimaira ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2014 at 10:00 AM · edited Sat, 05 July 2014 at 10:05 AM

OK, I am putting this in the bug section, because as far as I'm concerned it is a BIG BUG.

I can no longer properly search the market place. 

I go to the marketplace, I click on 3D Essentials(which covers everything from hair to shoes), then I click on the "All" button and choose  Clothing. Then that's all the choices I get, if I click on the down arrow on clothing, all I get are the same choices-Characters, Clothing, Hair ect. There is no way to narrow my search after that. The results of ..

3D Figure Essentials/Clothing  gives me 106 pages for all figures, all software, all styles. 

I personally am not going to rummage through 106 pages hoping to run across something I want.

Oh and if I use the title search bar to narrow it down, it gives me very little results.

PLEASE fix this search, if I can't find it, I can't BUY it!

I use:

Chrome 35.0.1916.153m

Windows 7 64b

edit to add: I stand corrected, when I use the search outlined above, I get 106 pages of FEMALE clothing, no male clothing. I noticed this after clicking randomly through the 106 pages offered.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.