Wed, Sep 18, 2:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Poser GameDev... Great price!

moogal ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2014 at 2:52 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 9:50 PM

I just got my upgrade notice for the Gamedev version.

If you'd asked how much I expected it to cost I would have probably guessed in the $100-250 range.  I am pleasantly surprised by the affordability of this upgrade...

(US $39.99)

Thanks, guys!

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2014 at 3:18 PM

And note, you are given a new serial number with a Game Dev upgrade.  Use about:personalize and enter the Game Dev serial to activate the new features.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2014 at 3:47 PM

Hm, no upgrade notice yet, though I did get the release announcement.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2014 at 4:27 PM

Whoa what? 40 dollars for kinnect support for posing? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. D:

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2014 at 4:31 PM

If I had Kinnect, I'd probably be all over that....

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 5:44 PM

It's interesting though quirky. hopefully it will get better with updates. The biggest issues with the Kinect feature I found is the kinect turns your character around 180 deg (havent figured out how to turn the character around, other than the camera). you can do a walk cycle but the knees dont bend well, if you turn sideways, forget about it. And last but not least the characters mesh will knot up here and there. 

i do see where it'll make life a bit easier, but there will be a lot of cleaning up and fine tuning on the characters to make the animations usable.  

AmbientShade ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 6:25 PM
Online Now!

Quote -
i do see where it'll make life a bit easier, but there will be a lot of cleaning up and fine tuning on the characters to make the animations usable.

Have you noticed a difference depending on what figure you're using?

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 6:31 PM · edited Fri, 08 August 2014 at 6:33 PM

Tips for capture:  Don't wear dresses/skirts,  shorts with baggy leg openings, or tops with bell sleeves, as this confuses the sensor as to limb angles.  Wear snug-fitting clothing.  Take off the ball cap, too.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

FightingWolf ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 8:02 PM

Quote - If I had Kinnect, I'd probably be all over that....

You can get it for PC.

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 10:20 PM · edited Fri, 08 August 2014 at 10:21 PM

Quote -

> Quote -

Have you noticed a difference depending on what figure you're using?

not yet, I first tried using it in my office, but it was too cluttered in there for the Kinect to pick me up correctly, that round I tried Andy, the mannequin and M4 and they all behaved the same. Today I tried it in front of my green screen with Rex, I had better results, but still a little quirky, I'll try hooking my lamps up tomorrow and see if more light makes a difference. I found one of the issues with the balled up mesh is when you move a certain way, the nulls for the hands don't follow, I'm thinking that might be a lighting problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.