Tue, Oct 8, 9:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 7:44 pm)

Subject: Meet Video Vixens Chessie 1.0

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2014 at 10:34 PM · edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 7:35 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

This is Video Vixens Chessie 1.0.   This is NOT my texture set.  My own textures will be coming.  Just wanted to show my morph of my favorite vixen out the series line up so far.

Poser Pro 2012/3DS Max 2013/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Zbrush/

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2014 at 11:07 PM

Ok pick a thread and stick to it please. You've created 3 different threads about the same figure in the last 2 days. This is completely unnecessary. You don't need a new thread every time you have new images of the same model to post. You can post them all in the original thread you started. 

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 5:10 AM

I think he's just really going for knocking the standard V4 off the popularity top spot :biggrin:

I agree though, and it would be cool (and fun) to have a thread dedicated to Ragtop's Vixens.  I just wish I knew what it was all about, so out of curiosity I just Googled "Video Vixens" and I'm still no wiser - can't even find a series called "Video Vixens".

Is it a TV series or do you mean something else?

The title sounds like it's from the VHS days.  But Ragtop, if you do start a dedicated thread for your Vixens, I reckon you should open it with an introduction about what it is because no one seems to know.  Then when you post new ones, the guys can compare them to the real one and give pointers and opinion.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 5:38 AM

I believe they are 70's and very early 80's p*rn stars if I am not mistaken...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 5:45 AM

Ah, cheers, I thought it was a new TV series or something :-D

piersyf ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 6:18 AM

Aparently 1989 onwards (in a previous thread he gave her full name). She turns 55 this year. She has an entry on boobpedia (no, I'm not making that up).

terrancew_hod ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 6:24 AM

What program are you using to make the morphs? I think you need to go back and smooth out all those jagged edges throughout her body (and breasts) and fix the body where it's bending at the elbows and knees. And it looks like her breasts are smashed instead of rounded. Look at the right breast and see how the area below the nipple is flat and slightly pointed.

Also unless people have a copy of Morphing Clothes or Poser Pro 2014, they won't be able to clothe the figure with that custom morph. Any clothing will just poke right through unless they're using dynamcis. Thing about morphing V4 or any poser character is that you can create custom head morphs with generally no issue, but you can't morph the body unless a vendor is supporting your product with custom fits in their clothing.

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 6:41 AM

@piersyf**
I thought you might be having a laugh at first, but no, "Boobpedia" does exist cause I just checked!

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 8:29 AM

I have to do the go z work on her today.   Didn't realize it made it so blobby on the mesh.  Will smooth it out in there and you can all expect an update later.  From now on, I'll use this thread and I'll also post real and figure comparissons as I'm working so that good opinions can be formed.

Sorry for the multiple threads, and I'll make sure I focus on this one from now on.   Sort of like the  "Chessie Sketchbook...."

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 8:46 AM

@ Pumeco

He is building a "Chessie Moore" morph for V4.

@ Johnny

The breasts need a lot more work, as does the face.
And as you have said already, some smoothing is some area's.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 9:01 AM

Thanks Vilters - appreciate the suggestions.  Doing the Zbrush thing with her today.  I'll have more tonight following.  Friday, so I usually finish early on these days and enjoy the fruits of my labor with what I have completed.

Have a good one everybody. Will be back later.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 9:05 AM

Without a bra, the breasts need to be at least 5" lower. LOL.

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 9:15 AM

I like how Vilters is an expert on breast dynamics :lol:

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 9:30 AM

Ha-ha-ha-,
I think it must have been since Poser3, that I have been adapting "glued on balloons" (on ALL figures) to breasts.

Breasts are the womans strongest (or not so strong) points.

And damm, how is it possible that nobody ever even tries to model them correctly.

Legs are mostly OK. Even Posettes legs where not so bad at the time.
But breasts? ?

For her age? Roxie has the best pair.

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 9:56 AM

Yeah, the other Poser Girls are crazy jealous of my pert puffies!!!
Plus, I can stay 18 for as long as I like (which pisses the human girls off no end).

I might let you be my friend again after that comment and the bikini you made for me.

Later,
Roxie - Girl With Blade

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 1:32 PM

This is the before and after for V4 and Chessie 1.0.  I'm just about satisfied with the Morph. Gonna be time to hit the textures soon.

pumeco ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2014 at 5:49 PM

Looking better Johnny, but you gotta get rid of that line across the top of the breasts, it's too sharp, makes them look like seperate objects.  Haver you tried using Poser's built-in smoothing brush?

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2014 at 12:15 AM

Ragtopjohnny : what table are you using ?
V4 has a ridiculously high polycount.So you half to use zBrush.
but it's a lot easier to morph a lower polycount mesh Roxie,V6 in Max.

boobpedia .LMAO
Chessie Moore.com there's no site but facebooks free.
Chessie Moore has a facbook page.
I thought face book was only G rated ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2014 at 2:47 PM

I am actually using Poser on the face, which does suck.  I'm going to have to do that in Zbrush too.   I was also doing the morph in Poser as well for the main part.  I smoothed out the mesh from the bulk morph setting that caused.

The face definitely needs revamping, but I'll work on that tomorrow as I do not work on my stuff at all on Sunday/Saturday.  Usually take the days off from that.  😄

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2014 at 2:48 PM

I also intend to add those 5 inches in the sag to the breasts as well as Vilters mentioned.  He's right! 😄

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2014 at 9:59 PM

Well, I'm done with the morph Well satisfied with the results.  Starting texture work next week. 😄

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 5:22 AM

Looks a bit better with added bush, but what about the top of the breasts?

terrancew_hod ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 6:24 AM

Did you morph the feet as well? It looks like the character is poking through the shoes as well in both the front and back. Did you test your morph with clothes on? Did you test how the morph looks when you do different poses? You still have lots to do on your morph before you start texturing, especially if you're considering selling it. It probably needs lots of JCMs and corrective morphs. I think you'll eventually find out that you generally will only make custom heads for only Poser characters and not full body morphs, because unless customers have Morphing Clothes or Poser Pro 2014, no one can use the morph with clothing.... though I'm guessing this morph is not made to have any clothes on.

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 8:13 AM

pumeco, gotta do the top of the breasts today when I get home.  Poser morphs are miserable out of the box with that aspect.  They don't consider the "top side" of things at all in that case.

Terrancew - The figure morph was done 100% in Poser.  What does that mean? Poser software accross the board will have all built in morphs for the clothes for V4.2.   You should be able to do the adjustments appropriately and even may have to consider fixing it (if any) Poke Through remains with Post-Work.   I still do that from time to time on figures.  But with the fitting room and more modern technologies being produced with each version of Poser, Poke Through may be a thing of the past.   An upgrade may be needed in your future if you notice more and more poke through not being able to be fixed.

However, not to get off the topic, you can read the complete product specs when it is released, and yes, I've been testing it in DOZENS of i13 and other poses as well.  Works beautifully. 😄

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 8:21 AM

a question Johnny:

Was she build by dialing up and down existing morph dials?
It looks that way by your explanation.

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 8:41 AM

If the answer is "yes".

You can only use her for for personal use.
Distribution for free or to "sell" is out of the question for copyright reasons.

You can only sell a morph you made yourself, that means only your morph dial can be active and all other existing morph dials have to be at ZERO.

And even then you can only sell the delta's from the original V4 object file.

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 10:24 AM

Tony,  I did the morphing in both. Poser and Zbrush.  Thanks for letting me know about the packaging rules and regs for me.

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 10:27 AM

The original one was done entirely inside Poser, not this new one.  It's a combo Poser. Z 

brush effort.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 10:46 AM

It's my understanding you can sell dial morphs.
Think that's how 99.9% of morphs are made.
That's why morphs will read "need morphs++ pack"
When ya load the morphs ya can see what the dails are turned to.

It's been a long time ,ya might want to ask DAZ for conformation of this.

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 11:13 AM

Thanks, I'll be sure to Look into that and ask them.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 12:51 PM

I'm getting tired of having to check each of your posts for proper nudity tags Johnny. You've been told about this repeatedly, by multple mods. If you're posting nude images every one of them have to be flagged. 

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 2:46 PM

Sorry about that. Thought for the initial posts and gallery.....didn't realize everythread needed it. Sorry you're getting "tired" of it.    Duties of a mod 😄

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 9:03 PM

Well, well I have Zbrush Open, can you all think of any changes?    I think I nailed it now. 😄

Slosh ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 10:58 PM

Try making her pretty.

Quote - Well, well I have Zbrush Open, can you all think of any changes?    I think I nailed it now. 😄

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 11:12 PM · edited Mon, 25 August 2014 at 11:15 PM

Do you want an honest opinion? Because if so, you really have an unsellable product and you need to start over. The face morph in that render looks like she's angry, then the breast morph is really warped and uneven. 

I really think you need to spend more time practicing morphing figures and body shapes. Looking at the previous comments, if what you made used the Poser morph brush, it won't fit any clothing for V4... vendors usually make morphs for the most common body shape dials in Morph++... if you used Poser's tools to make them bigger, they no longer fit any V4 clothing, which I can see in that image of V4's feet not really fitting the shoes. Only figures like genesis allow you to make custom body shapes.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 11:20 PM · edited Mon, 25 August 2014 at 11:24 PM

I will say though that you are slightly improving with your morphing. What you have now is a definite improvement over your work in the Knight Rider face morph. But you need to learn how to make your face morphs softer. 

These skills don't happen overnight, so you really have to put a lot of practice into making your morphs appealling.

Slosh ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 12:13 AM

Alright, I'm sorry for that last comment.  It was mean, and I didn't know you were being serious.  But, after reading Male-M3dia's comments, I see that you are really looking for advice.

You obviously know how to move points around.  In the case of the breasts, it would help you to recognize that they have lost the round, smooth edge loops.  This would not render well, unless it was subdivided, and even then it would end up looking a bit lumpy.  Just try to move the points that form circles on the breasts so that they are round once again.  That would help in that area.

I agree with Male-M3dia about the face... she looks angry rather than feminine.  If a character is going to have a bust like that (I'm thinking Pamela Anderson, or Chesty Galore), you want to have a nice, soft feminine face.  Just try making your morphs a bit more subtle when moving polygons around.  A little bit goes a very long way.

I hope you will take this in the helpful spirit is intended.  My poor humor above was uncalled for, and I apologize.

Good luck :)  Oh, one more thing, since you are using ZBrush... try masking out the eyes and teeth/gums, etc so that they are not affected, then use the Deformations/Polish by features.  Just a small number, like maybe 5.  See what that does for you.  If you don't want the polish effect to go on the whole figure, just mask out the parts you want left alone.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 2:14 AM

Your never get a smoth mesh out of zBrush with out TnT.
a lot of Talent and a excellent Tablet.

a mouse is worthless with zBrush.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 2:28 AM · edited Tue, 26 August 2014 at 2:37 AM

If I have to turn on the nudity advisory one more time in this thread, I'm just going to delete the whole thread. There's no reason why I should have to keep repeating myself.

Remember, you have to turn on the nudity flag when you're quoting too, if the image is included in your quote. 

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 2:38 AM

Quote -
 if you used Poser's tools to make them bigger, they no longer fit any V4 clothing, which I can see in that image of V4's feet not really fitting the shoes. Only figures like genesis allow you to make custom body shapes.

PP2014 does have auto morph transfer, so this should be clarified to reflect that. It works with custom morphs just as it does with dial-spun morphs. But it's only available in 2014. With an extreme morph there would likely still be some poke-thru issues tho. But a character like this really isn't meant to have much clothing anyway. 

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 5:23 AM · edited Tue, 26 August 2014 at 5:24 AM

I think we might be underestimating the genius that is Ragtopjohnny.

See, while the rest of the Poser userbase complains about lack of something new, here we have a mighty specimen that will likely render every existing item of clothing useless when used on her.  And there is the genius, you see, cause while we're all concentrating on those breasts, he might have a whole bunch of clothing items ready for her on release, and due to him being the only guy in possession of this morph right now, he's the only one in a position to make clothes for her morph.

Sure, others will be able to make clothes for her on release, but by then, Ragtopjohnny could have cornered the market in 'Bigboob Poserware'.  The point is, he has your attention (look at the view count), he knows you ain't seen breats like 'em and he could be onto something "big" - if you'll excuse the pun :biggrin:

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 5:33 AM

Euh? Breasts? Someone call that breasts?
Oversize Plastic Balloons intended. LOL.

But agreed on one of the comments made. Johnny? You have to respect edgeflow for the morph, but also for the morph projection into the clothing.

Secondly, they look a bit squared off on the sides.

Third, for that weight? You have to cant them downwards 45°. LOL.
Even on plastic inserts, gravity takes over when you drop the bra support. LOL.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 5:49 AM

file_506879.jpg

Here is a reference example of a morph from a smaller breasted younger woman to a bigger breasted older woman.

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 5:57 AM · edited Tue, 26 August 2014 at 6:00 AM

Quote:
"Third, for that weight? You have to cant them downwards 45°. LOL.
Even on plastic inserts, gravity takes over when you drop the bra support. LOL."

As you're the resident expert on breast dynamics, how much do you reckon each breast would weigh in real life?
Must be an epic weight, even more epic when you consider there are two of those things to carry around!

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 6:11 AM

The starting point in this case would be to find the weight of a gallon of silicone and work from there, remebering of course, as you say, the weight would then need to be doubled.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 6:54 AM · edited Tue, 26 August 2014 at 6:55 AM

Quote - > Quote -

if you used Poser's tools to make them bigger, they no longer fit any V4 clothing, which I can see in that image of V4's feet not really fitting the shoes. Only figures like genesis allow you to make custom body shapes.

PP2014 does have auto morph transfer, so this should be clarified to reflect that. It works with custom morphs just as it does with dial-spun morphs. But it's only available in 2014. With an extreme morph there would likely still be some poke-thru issues tho. But a character like this really isn't meant to have much clothing anyway. 

Actually I'm not going to clarify this. I'm adding this from experience as a vendor. When you sell products, you sell them to the least common denominator. Not everyone has a copy of Poser Pro 2014, so if you want to sell to the most people you sell products that people can quickly and easily use. It's it's a v4 morph, then you have to work within the constraints that most people have, and most people have V4 morphs++ and copies of poser from version seven up, which don't have morph copying features. Custom face morphs sell well, custom body morphs don't if there's no clothing that support it.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 7:04 AM

Quote - Here is a reference example of a morph from a smaller breasted younger woman to a bigger breasted older woman.

Honestly neither one of these are helpful. Your examples really need to be relative to the discussion. Constantly pulling out the same renders time after time really isn't helpful when we are talking about breast sizes. These are extremely TINY. Make them larger than this using some actual reference material.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 7:06 AM

Male_M3Dia you are correct. But also a bit less correct.

This is where free Blender steps in.

For uncompatible morphs, take the clothing object file into Blender and have fun untill it fits the exported morphed Poser figure.

Edit the clothing cr2 (only 2 lines) to point to the new clothing object flie and done.
Takes from 3 to 10 minutes max, and foolproof.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 7:16 AM · edited Tue, 26 August 2014 at 7:20 AM

Quote - Male_M3Dia you are correct. But also a bit less correct.

This is where free Blender steps in.

For uncompatible morphs, take the clothing object file into Blender and have fun untill it fits the exported morphed Poser figure.

Edit the clothing cr2 (only 2 lines) to point to the new clothing object flie and done.
Takes from 3 to 10 minutes max, and foolproof.

Figure morphs need to be easy to use. Most people will not download or open blender much less edit CR2 files to use products. The power users might, but not for a product for sale unless the morph goes above and beyond what they could do on their own. 

I'm doubting Rendo would sell this, as no clothing would fit, and any morphing utility would warp clothing severely around the chest area. Renderotica may take it if the face morph is better, since the expectation is that most of their products involve nudes anyway. But the morph would need lots of JCMs to correct for the bending in the hips, thighs and breast area since they are more extreme than the standard V4.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 7:38 AM

Quote: "It's it's a v4 morph, then you have to work within the constraints that most people have, and most people have V4 morphs++ and copies of poser from version seven up, which don't have morph copying features. Custom face morphs sell well, custom body morphs don't if there's no clothing that support it."

I would only buy custom morphs on V4. That is, why I rarly use V4. I don't like that dial remoting system. Especially , when I have to pay for it. You could have the same results posting a text file with the dial values listed. "Requires V4 morph++" means, no chance I'd buy it.

Allthough I wouldn't buy this one here, I appreaciate, that he is making a custom body morph. I wished, more would do it.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 7:39 AM

@ Male_M3dia

Now I agree. For a "full bore" morph like what Johnny is doing, it would require a lot more time for the client to get it all to work.

Unless, he also builds a working dev rig, with the explanations on how to use it to get clothing to fit his morphed figure. 

But here again, lots of end users are even afraid to open the setup room, let alone work with a dev rig.

PP2014 has the fitting room, but with these unrealistic extremes?

Our conclusion is the same :
Unsellable, because impossible to get to work at end user level who like "click" and "done".

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.