Fri, Jul 19, 10:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 01 5:58 pm)

Subject: Computer Crash

QuietRiot ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2015 at 7:40 PM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 7:05 PM

My PC crashed this morning, I lost everything. Poser stuff was all back-uped but stuff like wildfire and Apo were not. I downloaded wildfire, but it won't work. My new OS is Windows 8.1 So far I have no idea where to find Java, and worse, when I downloaded Java (because I couldn't find it on my new machine) It came with a whole load of other junk and a trojan. Can you believe it? What a mess. Luckily the virus protection caught it, and I got to spend a lot of time cleaning out the other junk. Anyway, I guess I won't be playing in fractals for a while. I kond of doubt the old version of FE will work either, I think I'm going to cry.

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2015 at 9:21 PM · edited Mon, 23 February 2015 at 5:43 PM

Agh, hate crashes....Here is where to get the latest Java always remember Java is Oracle, the latest Jave is 8.0_31. If you are running a 64 bit Platform get install the 64 and 32bit versions, if you have the 32 bit platform you just need the 32 bit Java.

http://java.com/en/  Java check and Download

I don't like Win8 or 8.1, might as well be on a Cell Phone and not a Compter, if you can get Se7en/Se7en-pro do it  win8 sucks for running Rendering Apps. Win 7 will be supported for a few more years and when Se7en goes the way of XP I'll be going to Linux/Ubuntu or maybe even go MAC, no way will I use Win8 and up for any reason.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2015 at 11:38 PM

Aw, so sorry to hear that!
Always a mess when that happens.

I hope you get it all fixed and that your programs will run. :-)

Corrie 

QuietRiot ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2015 at 10:18 AM

Thanks Corrie. Well Len. you're right about 8 being set up like a phone, but it's all changeable, so that's good. It just takes a lot of time. I'll let you know what I think of rendering,etc. if i ever get things to that point. Thanks for the Java info. I was so tired, and I didn't check where I was downloading from. My bad. It wasn't Oracle. sigh I will try again today.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.