Sun, Sep 22, 5:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:53 pm)

Subject: Victoria 7

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 9:43 AM · edited Tue, 23 June 2015 at 9:44 AM

All I know is I'm very happy to be platform agnostic.  Last week, I used DS 4.8 for one project, and PP2014 for another.

And this is a great attitude to have. Pick the right tool for the job at hand. A lot of people in the community are like that.

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 9:50 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Genesis 3 Rigging for any who are interested.

file_a8f15eda80c50adb0e71943adc8015cf.jp

nDelphi ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 9:51 AM

All I know is I'm very happy to be platform agnostic.  Last week, I used DS 4.8 for one project, and PP2014 for another.

And this is a great attitude to have. Pick the right tool for the job at hand. A lot of people in the community are like that.

Right, but even I was accused of being a DAZ troll. I use Poser when it is warranted. I guess one can't make the argument that the industry is going to move to the company that provides what they want, the latest tech, etc. I think it is those Poser zealots that always turn such debate nasty. I never ever get into these debates, I am trying to find out what the hell possessed me this time. LOL!

3D DAZ Studio/Poser Celebrity Lookalike Directory

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 9:56 AM

The rig looks a lot like that of Shvrdavid's unreleased "G3 Sydney", except his doesn't have heelbones. 

As I once suggested to him, one should be able to make a panel like Dizzi's Hampelmann to run the facial expression bones..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 9:57 AM

Correct Male_M3dia. Now can you use that "same exact attitude" to post in the politically "correct" forums? 

V7 is DAZ / DS only. She probably did not read the sing correctly, but this is the Poser forum.

P  as in Poser
O as in Oh!
S as in See?
E as in Euh !
R as in Ribbedebie (Flemish word for: I am outta here)

Thank you.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 9:57 AM

"All I know is I'm very happy to be platform agnostic.  Last week, I used DS 4.8 for one project, and PP2014 for another."

Problem is, there are not many 3D projects that don't include pretty women.

A 3D program can't stay "relevant" these days without adequate eye candy.

I still have "Picture-It 2000" installed on my machine because it's a good program for some simple tasks that don't require firing up Photoshop.

But do you think this would make people actually pay $500 for Poser?

Work with V7 in Studio and only fire up Poser for some simple "helper" tasks?

I don't think so.

Without full Genesis compatibility or a figure set every bit as good as Genesis, it has no right to exist anymore.

Maybe as freeware or abandonware. Maybe as some qaint niche-software with a small cult-following.

But relevant enough to ask money for it?

To pay the rent for its developers? To make enough money for Poser merchants to get by?

Don't delude yourself.

It's all about buisiness. Nothing else.

nDelphi ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:00 AM

I'm sorry I'm still outraged about the Renderosity site software downgrade.

We can handle the fonts with plug-ins like NoSquint, but we can't do anything about the navigation of a website. The DAZ 3D store is in the same boat.
RuntimeDNA does a better job with searching. Although, isn't there an industry standard that keywords for searching must be 3 characters or more?

3D DAZ Studio/Poser Celebrity Lookalike Directory

structure ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:00 AM
Forum Coordinator

I'm sorry I'm still outraged about the Renderosity site software downgrade.

I can't get upset about a nice looking figure. I want a functioning web site - that's what I'm demanding. I want search to work with the terms we use here like IBL, HDR, V4. I want ebots so I know people are talking to me and asking me stuff in my threads. I want font sizes and layout that make sense for my 26" monitor, not my iPad.

Please - make Renderosity fix this site - not manage another Daz vs. Poser argument.

file_202cb962ac59075b964b07152d234b70.pn

For months, we have been hearing the same ol', same ol'  - "We will let the programmers know" (I think the programmers are a fictional entity created by RO to deflect responsibility.), "fixes are on the way" (yeah, but civilization will be long dead before they get here at this rate.)  Supposedly the new fixes are going to be "awesome", "fantastic" and whatever other superlatives they can find. As always it seems like another ploy to wait out the complaints. I am not sure RO even cares about the Forums at this point.

Locked Out

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:00 AM

Euh, no Rasor42, we are not interested. But thanks.

This is the Poser forum you know and V7 is not for Poser.

Do your end users a favor, and post it in the DAZ section here.

Thank you.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:02 AM · edited Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:02 AM

Oh, and for the anatomically correct?
Example : Humans only have one bone in their thights.
If you need more?
You'r on the wrong track my friend.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:04 AM

And LOL,
All humans who's forearms bend in the middle of the forearm?
Please raise your hands.

You'r all funny guys you know.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:06 AM

Correct Male_M3dia. Now can you use that "same exact attitude" to post in the politically "correct" forums? 

V7 is DAZ / DS only. She probably did not read the sing correctly, but this is the Poser forum.

P  as in Poser
O as in Oh!
S as in See?
E as in Euh !
R as in Ribbedebie (Flemish word for: I am outta here)

Thank you.

nom nom nom.. .keep going. This popcorn is good. ;) I have a paid copy of poser 10, so surprise I'm a poser user too. (Hint: A thread would die faster if you would stop picking fights, ambassador)

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:06 AM

"Genesis 3 Rigging for any who are interested."

Thank you.

I'm not a friend of gazillion bone facial rigging, but I guess this is due to "industry standard" compatibility and will make for easier expressions with drastic face/head morphing.

At least in Poser every additional bone makes manual posing and bodypart selection a lot harder, that's why I prefer morphs.

But I like the fact that buttock bones are back. Heel/foot/Toe bones also will make for much better foot movement.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:08 AM

For months, we have been hearing the same ol', same ol'  - "We will let the programmers know" (I think the programmers are a fictional entity created by RO to deflect responsibility.), "fixes are on the way" (yeah, but civilization will be long dead before they get here at this rate.)  Supposedly the new fixes are going to be "awesome", "fantastic" and whatever other superlatives they can find. As always it seems like another ploy to wait out the complaints. I am not sure RO even cares about the Forums at this point.

Hey!  The programmers are VERY hard at work.  Now we have "FLASHTALK!"

You can't POSSIBLY blame them for paying attention first to yet, another, adserver, now can you?

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:09 AM · edited Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:22 AM

I will never get the whole DS User<======>Poser User, us and them outlook of some of the people in this forum. 

I also find it weird why there is a need to constantly attempt to derail threads if someone doesn't personally agree with the subject matter of the thread. Its just plain strange and counterproductive to making this place a stable, positive and fertile environment.

Some Daz User annoy you with there comments? Ignore them

See a thread you don't think belongs in a section? You don't need to click on it if it doesn't interest you.

But why would you go in into a thread you're obviously not interested in and try to start us and them type arguments with the only intent to derail the thread...

bhoins ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:11 AM

No poser support or DSON. In the forums one member spoke of trying to make a Cr2. I suspect they will eventually make DSON files, but looking at the forums there is a lot of grumbling about the possible quick end of G2 support. 

To even attempt a DSON version would require Poser support industry standard dual quaternion skinning, which is how Genesis 3 is rigged. Note that is just one of the things blocking a DSON version, though it is the most obvious. 

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:12 AM · edited Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:13 AM

"Oh, and for the anatomically correct?
Example : Humans only have one bone in their thights.
If you need more?
You'r on the wrong track my friend."

If you have TWO bones in the thigh (Like V1/2/3 - Judy), then you can use the "Thigh" bone to drive a side/side ERC morph fix, and the "buttock" bone to drive a "fore/aft" ERC morph fix.

That means you have a simple, automatic way to fix both side/side as well as fore/aft movement just by deciding which bone to use to move the leg.

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:16 AM

"Genesis 3 Rigging for any who are interested."

Thank you.

I'm not a friend of gazillion bone facial rigging, but I guess this is due to "industry standard" compatibility and will make for easier expressions with drastic face/head morphing.

At least in Poser every additional bone makes manual posing and bodypart selection a lot harder, that's why I prefer morphs.

But I like the fact that buttock bones are back. Heel/foot/Toe bones also will make for much better foot movement.

Its actually been done quite well the only time you see all these bones is if you go into the Joint Editor or if you want to work on a facial expression by revealing the hidden nodes. I have had no issues at all with posing G3 as she bends a lot more fluidly and naturally than G2. So I found the process actually smoother. file_bd4c9ab730f5513206b999ec0d90d1fb.jp

icprncss2 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:16 AM

She's supposedly got more-better rigging... "Twice as many points of articulation than before", whatever that means. Two elbow joints? I don't think so... A couple more joints in the shoulders, hip/thigh and trunk would be nice, though.

But, "DS Only" is a killer.

How about metacarpals, articulated toes. Fully rigged face with over 30 bones. 4 bones iin the tongue. No Tri's in the mesh, lower mesh density. 13 bones in the shoulders neck stomach and torso. A weight mapping and uv system that is compatible with top end 3d software..... but not Poser. Native support for pbr render materials.... HD morphs........ .... ....

Aside from  DAZ ditching their Triax Weightmapping for the Dual Quaterion weightmaps and the UVs so they now load in zbrush, substance painter, etc without overlapping (which is why Poser support is missing), the biggest shock for me is: Vickie 7 has an anus.

I kid you not. 

Texturing will be an adventure now. 

Do you have to buy the Pro Bundle to get that?

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:17 AM

No poser support or DSON. In the forums one member spoke of trying to make a Cr2. I suspect they will eventually make DSON files, but looking at the forums there is a lot of grumbling about the possible quick end of G2 support. 

To even attempt a DSON version would require Poser support industry standard dual quaternion skinning, which is how Genesis 3 is rigged. Note that is just one of the things blocking a DSON version, though it is the most obvious. 

So let me see if I have this right...... On multiple POSER forums, in POSER wishlist discussions, you BEGGED for native DSON in Poser, all the while knowing that the next version of the DAZ figures were not DSON compatible?

Yet, no one should question your sincerity?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:23 AM

Don't take the bait....

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:23 AM · edited Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:28 AM

The rig looks a lot like that of Shvrdavid's unreleased "G3 Sydney", except his doesn't have heelbones. 

As I once suggested to him, one should be able to make a panel like Dizzi's Hampelmann to run the facial expression bones..

I managed to find something on it, in spite of the Forum difficulties; The Original G3 Female... ;) file_499355.jpgHere's the thread; there are others...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2874696

Here are the facial bones...

file_499886.jpg http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2875425&page_number=6

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:40 AM

Interesting thread WandW thanks for posting it!

I love the first words of the first post.

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:40 AM

"All I know is I'm very happy to be platform agnostic.  Last week, I used DS 4.8 for one project, and PP2014 for another."

Problem is, there are not many 3D projects that don't include pretty women.

A 3D program can't stay "relevant" these days without adequate eye candy.

I still have "Picture-It 2000" installed on my machine because it's a good program for some simple tasks that don't require firing up Photoshop.

But do you think this would make people actually pay $500 for Poser?

Work with V7 in Studio and only fire up Poser for some simple "helper" tasks?

I don't think so.

Without full Genesis compatibility or a figure set every bit as good as Genesis, it has no right to exist anymore.

Maybe as freeware or abandonware. Maybe as some qaint niche-software with a small cult-following.

But relevant enough to ask money for it?

To pay the rent for its developers? To make enough money for Poser merchants to get by?

Don't delude yourself.

It's all about buisiness. Nothing else.

I don't use to participate in this threads, for obvious reasons, because they always end up as just, but man, You're kidding right?
My native language is not English, but if I understood you well, you are saying that Poser would be abandoned because it not support genesis ?

Doesn't matter anything more, if Poser doesn't support genesis, Poser is an useless applicaiton, sorry, but that's ridiculous, and more when Daz Studio seams a WIP application since its creation.

I undestand that people love genesis, it is a super "figure", but bring things to an absurd extreme is never good.

Poser is a great program, easy to learn, with a brilliant interface that gives its simplicity, there are many fantastic figures out there for Poser, some of them made by Daz3d, they are now as usefull as in the past, Poser has a hair and cloth simulation room easy to use, yes it needs to be faster, but those tools are great by themselves,  Poser has a fantastic new rigging  system, a fantastic native render,... but you know, if Poser doesn't support the latest "toy" by daz3d, it cannot exist.

The problem here, as i said before, is that Daz3d wanted the entire pie, the content and the software pie, that is understandable and even laudable for a company,
They took the step and set aside all their own poser users base with Genesis, if they want to support Poser, they could make two product lines, Genesis for DS and a WM version with the 5th Poser figure generation for Poser , and let people choose between V5? WM in poser or Genesis in DS, they don't do it, they didn't want to do it.

The error  here. in my opinion  is that DS isn't Poser, make similar things, but they are very different applicaitons in many ways, People who loved Poser way cannot went to DS because Daz3d wants it, Daz3d didn't understand that some people loved their content, but they loved  Poser way too.

In my opinion, SM must forget Daz3d figures while Daz3d try to destroy Poser, because, in my opinion, this is their way just now, remember, the entire pie. I loved if Daz3d will make a new Poser figure, but if they won't do, it is not their bussines strategy.

There are many figures in the market and WM versions for "old" figures  that are fantastic for creating art, art at least as good as you could create with Genesis,that's for sure.

In summary, if you want to use DS and Genesis, use it, if you want to use Poser and the other figures, use it, create art and enjoy.

adh3d website

bhoins ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:44 AM

So let me see if I have this right...... On multiple POSER forums, in POSER wishlist discussions, you BEGGED for native DSON in Poser, all the while knowing that the next version of the DAZ figures were not DSON compatible?

I asked for it once, no begging involved, and I said it would save me a ton of time, it will. And knowing Genesis 3 Female wouldn't work without an update to Poser does not invalidate the request because, presumably, Poser is still being developed. I couldn't ask for Dual Quaternion Skinning support then, but I can now. 

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:44 AM

And, now we see the wisdom of SM's refusal to follow DAZ down a rabbit hole that is never ending...........DAZ just randomly decides to change their rigging, their figure support and their own customer base.

Oh, that Genesis2 thing? Genesis1?  Yeah, old stuff.  Toss it and start with this new figure!

I have to congratulate SM on their forethought and wisdom way back when...........brilliant SM, just brilliant!

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:45 AM · edited Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:45 AM

Interesting thread WandW thanks for posting it!

I love the first words of the first post.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh?  :D

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:45 AM

I asked for it once, no begging involved, and I said it would save me a ton of time, it will. And knowing Genesis 3 Female wouldn't work without an update to Poser does not invalidate the request because, presumably, Poser is still being developed. I couldn't ask for Dual Quaternion Skinning support then, but I can now. 

ROFL, lots of us visit multiple Poser forums.  We know this claim to be untrue. But that's OK.  Just shows your true colors.

drafter69 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:54 AM · edited Wed, 24 June 2015 at 5:23 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

What a sad bunch of sniveling whiners you all are!

Believe it or not, DAZ doesn't owe you full backwards compatibility of all new products forever. You bitch because there's no new V4 killer on the horizon, then you bitch some more if a possible contender appears because it means you'll have to buy better stuff to go with a better figure. DAZ is apparently trying to raise the quality of 3D figures and of 3D figure artwork as a whole. Going by the quality of most promo images in their store these days, I would say they are succeeding. Poser's development has scarcely budged in decades, but you bitch that it's DAZ's fault that many of the best vendors appear to be jumping ship in their direction, and somehow this makes them the evil enemy because they are leaving you behind stuck in, what, 2005 with V4?

I think V7 looks amazing in those promo renders, she has the prettiest face I've ever seen on a stock figure and she seems to morph into quite believable expressions. I wish her a long and happy life, but if V8 improves on her one day, that's ok too.

BRAVO for saying what many have felt for quite a while.   DAZ is working to advance their product and content. Smith Micro is saying "it's coming"   "better days ahead"    "we're working on it"......   They want loyalty but offer very little in return.   

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:00 AM

Awwww, so many sock puppets being created trying to get off folks ignore lists!  Poor babies!

From here on out on the POSER forum on RO, if you support the DAZGang, it won't matter how many socks you create.......they'll all go into the ignore list.

Plonk.

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:05 AM · edited Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:08 AM
Anthanasius ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:07 AM

Oh please... Give me a break...

Victoria 7. What a surprise.

Daz Studio only? What a surprise.

Buy content again? What a surprise. 

I am glad I use poser. I can't use her it seems so I cannot waste my money for another model that will be dead in 12 months.

+1

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:11 AM

Oh please... Give me a break...

Victoria 7. What a surprise.

Daz Studio only? What a surprise.

Buy content again? What a surprise. 

I am glad I use poser. I can't use her it seems so I cannot waste my money for another model that will be dead in 12 months.

+1

DAZ just keeps trying to reinforce that bubble to prevent their users from escaping.  Somehow, it just seems if their products were so "earth shattering" and superior, they wouldn't need a bubble at all. The behavior contradicts the claims.

bhoins ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:13 AM

ROFL, lots of us visit multiple Poser forums.  We know this claim to be untrue. But that's OK.  Just shows your true colors.

I asked for it once. I answered questions on it and supported other poser customers asking for it, but only asked for it once, IIRC it was on the Official Poser wishlist thread over on RDNA.  And again, before today I could not ask for Dual Quat. Funny thing is I doubt I will be the first to ask for that. 

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:15 AM · edited Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:19 AM

I asked for it once. I answered questions on it and supported other poser customers asking for it, but only asked for it once, IIRC it was on the Official Poser wishlist thread over on RDNA.  And again, before today I could not ask for Dual Quat. Funny thing is I doubt I will be the first to ask for that. 

ROFLMAO.........so is THIS one the game changer?  Or was that Genesis 1?  Or Genesis 2?  Ahhh, well maybe DAZ will change the game........someday......on Genesis999?

And, you posted that request multiple times, in multiple forums, in multiple threads.  I, quite frankly, got sick of you telling SM they should do your job for you.

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:21 AM

Glitter the more you talk the more obvious it is you dont't have a clue.

Do you actually use Poser or just troll the forums looking for DS users i wonder.

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:32 AM

it's always left to Zev0 to make the argument about market forces. This is what drives DAZ 3D, it's not emotion.

With every figure we see the same. I don't need this or that, etc. You may not, but there are others that do, and those others are in the majority, who don't frequent forums. I am willing to bet that V7 is being purchased like mad. There are those who have been waiting for a more lifelike superior figure and DAZ 3D is filling in that need excellently.

You are entitled to that opinion so I will not argue on the substance except how do you quantify the majority need the latest and greatest.  Looking at the galleries on line the majority care very little for the latest and greatest and either do not use the old figures to the full or, occasionally, are doing stunning renders with V4 figures and figures even earlier.  I accept that the majority do not frequent the forums but then how do we know what they want. I have no issues with Daz developing V7 and I have no doubt it will sell well, not that we will ever no the truth because no one in the know will admit it if it does not.  

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

joeannie ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:33 AM · edited Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:39 AM

She's supposedly got more-better rigging... "Twice as many points of articulation than before", whatever that means. Two elbow joints? I don't think so... A couple more joints in the shoulders, hip/thigh and trunk would be nice, though.

But, "DS Only" is a killer.

The fact that G2F has the pelvis and a few more sections in the belly has been helpful - so how often do you have a perfect pose ... except you wish she were tipped a bit more forward or back from the hips? With V4 you had to rotate the hips, which moved the legs & feet.With G2F, her pelvis allows the hip rotate without affecting feet.
(I am learning to use her in Poser - so far is great for output, but DSOn seems to cache a bit too much & if you get out of sync, old stuff stops working).

I agree about the DS-only road-block. Since i started using G2F in Poser, I'm sure I've spent a few hundred at DAZ (after 3 years of zero purchases), but I'm not going to abandon Poser for the privilege of obsoleting all my old content & starting over with a credit card! :)

I have PP2014, an octo-core AMD, 16GB RAM, Win8.1 (soon to be 10) and about 4TB of hardware with another 4TB backup.

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:35 AM

I do have one honest question.  If Genesis 3/V7 cannot be used in Poser why does V7 come included with the DSON core installer.  What is it used for?

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:36 AM

Since G3/Victoria 7 is not Poser compatible I'm moving this thread to the DS forum.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:37 AM

OK, back ON topic please.

• My aircraft carrier does not fit in my garage. (bummer)
  • Todays socks are blue. (nice)
    - Tomorrow there will be no sun when it rains. (not so nice, it's gonna rain, I"ll get wet)
  • Snow will boil on green sundays, and ice will melt on blue mornings. (what happens on yellow thuesdays?)

All are as "ON Topic" as a V7 in a Poser forum.

LOL, the poor chap in the DAZ section? 
He got one answer.
Poor fellow, he tried.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:38 AM

@ Shane

Finally, thanks man.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:51 AM

I do have one honest question.  If Genesis 3/V7 cannot be used in Poser why does V7 come included with the DSON core installer.  What is it used for?

The DSON Core files are the files for Studio.  Most Poser CF's are simply scripts that tell the DSON importer to load the Core files...

bhoins ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 12:06 PM

The DSON Core files are the files for Studio.  Most Poser CF's are simply scripts that tell the DSON importer to load the Core files...

Correct. DSON is a content notation format. The DSON Importer for Poser is a Poser Plugin to import the format using Poser's Python interface. 

Since the DSON Importer for Poser is a plug-in it relies on, and is limited by, the Python based API and the technical capabilities of Poser. 

icprncss2 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 12:42 PM

Has anyone actually imported the Genesis 3 Female base into Poser?  Can Poser translate the new rigging since DAZ has decided that their much vaunted trademarked Triax Weightmap rigging has gone the way of the original Genesis figure?

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 1:01 PM

Has anyone actually imported the Genesis 3 Female base into Poser?  Can Poser translate the new rigging since DAZ has decided that their much vaunted trademarked Triax Weightmap rigging has gone the way of the original Genesis figure?

Someone has tried and it didn't work. Parts of the mesh were missing. I believe this was even trying to import a cr2.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 1:22 PM

Has anyone actually imported the Genesis 3 Female base into Poser?

Someone tried exporting it as a cr2 from Studio and it didn't work, although it's not clear if parts are missing or simply invisible.  Studio's cr2 export of Genesis figures has always been somewhat problematic... http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/58027/

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 1:37 PM

Thank you for the explanation, I was under the impression that DSON was only required when Poser was involved but I doubted I had it correct when I saw V7.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 1:48 PM

Thanks for the info. 

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 2:11 PM · edited Tue, 23 June 2015 at 2:16 PM

nvm.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.