Sun, Oct 6, 6:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Why are you still using V4?

obm890 ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 4:38 PM

Still, sorry to say Zev0, but V7's elbows are way ugly. I know some (most?) people have elbows like that, so they might be perfectly realistic. They are still ugly.

The inside, or the outside? I like them all pointy like that, they make all the other elbows look like bent pool noodles.

Zev0 ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 5:00 PM · edited Sun, 12 July 2015 at 5:01 PM

Same here. Comparing to all my photo ref of elbow bends on different types of people, and most of them have that point and slight dip on the outer forearm. But it's a matter of preference I guess. Still, it is better than noodle elbows.

My Renderosity Store

Zev0 ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 5:05 PM · edited Sun, 12 July 2015 at 5:12 PM

And that's why I would like to see a sort of HARDCORE/PROFESSIONAL Poser forum added, where the "Gurus" and the "Serious" users can happily dissect the latest "Vicky Killer", while the rest of you can have a nice, remotely Poser themed coffe klatsch.;-)

Lol nice idea, but that won't work. You get people in the forums who think they know everything and will enter to give their opinion. How do you tell them they're not a guru or a serious user? What do they need to be classified as one? That will cause more fighting to be honest.

My Renderosity Store

pumeco ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 6:00 PM

Was observing the discussion here over recent days, and my personal unbiased opinion on the V4 thing is this:

The difference in realism between V4 and V7 is blatantly obvious.  I've not even visited the page for V7, yet the improvements over even V6 are noticable enough just by looking at the stuff people are posting.  Even that 'quickie' Male_M3dia posted demonstrates what a good figure she is.  For a quickie to look as good as that, it's surely testament to the quality of the figure.  They seem to have worked very hard on improving the 'shift' of things, like when arms are raised and knees are bent etc, and the lack of it was something I didn't like about the previous versions - cause I felt it still fell short of what the technology allowed.  This new V7 figure, though, have to say I think it's very nice indeed.  I only hope Roxie doesn't see this comment or I'm in BIG trouble.  But yup, V7 is a definite improvement, in fact I'm half tempted to download her and have a go at making her look like the girl in the attached video, cause for some reason she kinda looks like a Vickie in a lot of ways, although I can't put my finger why that is.

BTW, it's a Super-Catchy and massively underrated track this is (in fact it's easily one of my favourites).
This should have been a massive hit, but strangely it's relatively unknown despite the singer's fame :

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 6:09 PM

I think out of all the Spice Girls, Emma ended up with the best solo career.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 7:55 PM

Same here. Comparing to all my photo ref of elbow bends on different types of people, and most of them have that point and slight dip on the outer forearm. But it's a matter of preference I guess. Still, it is better than noodle elbows.

Not all elbows come to a point like that, there are plenty of examples that show just the opposite. All over the world. Mine don't come to a point, neither does my other half's. 

It all comes down to the shape of the Ulna and the Humerus (in an actual arm) The name for pointy elbows is Weenis Acuminous, and more people have rounded than pointy. It is no different than blue eyes, even thou far more people have brown ones........... It is a genetic trait...

Are we going to shun Blue eyes next? 

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

Zev0 ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 8:12 PM · edited Sun, 12 July 2015 at 8:21 PM

No we aren't going to discuss blue eyes lol. My point is the elbows are not incorrect eg. a rigging issue and is more a styling choice of the V7 shape. EG if I just dial up the base shape, the bone is less pronounced. But in both cases, doesn't suffer from that typical spaghetti arm bending which detracts from achieving realistic results. If I want rounder elbows, I can make them rounder, but by default, I have no issue with the appearance since that bone sharpness is quite a common appearance, specially with people of the same weight class.

file_a5e00132373a7031000fd987a3c9f87b.jp

My Renderosity Store

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 5:38 AM · edited Mon, 13 July 2015 at 5:50 AM

Terrence Wrote:
"I think out of all the Spice Girls, Emma ended up with the best solo career."

First time a saw that video I thought to myself, wow, that was quite something - really enjoyed that.  According to a YouTube comment, that track was part of a "Bossa Nova" thing she did, and while I don't have the album yet, I've been meaning to buy it for years now but never got around to it (but I will).  If the rest of the stuff on the album is anything like that one, then I'm in for a treat.  I know I'm a sucker for stuff done Retro-style, but that track is more than that, I like everything about it, her voice, her style, the choreography, the video, the music production, the song itself - everything is excellent.  It's one of those tracks where after experiencing it, I thought to myself, thank god there are still people in the industry capable of coordinating and pulling-off that level of entertainment - quality stuff indeed!

Shame though, Rendo strips the Full-Screen button from the player, it's much more enjoyable full-screen with headphones, with the volume right up!
Anyway, I'm rambling again and getting OT ...

David Wrote:
"Mine don't come to a point, neither does my other half's."

Out of curiosity, does your other half know you make those naked tattooed babes?
I can't understand why anyone with another half would even bother with stuff like DS or Poser (unless it was for cars and spaceships etc).

If I had a partner, I'm pretty damn sure I'd be busy posing her how I wanted her, not a Vickie :-D

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 5:55 AM

David Wrote:

Out of curiosity, does your other half know you make those naked tattooed babes?
I can't understand why anyone with another half would even bother with stuff like DS or Poser (unless it was for cars and spaceships etc).

If I had a partner, I'm pretty damn sure I'd be busy posing her how I want her, not a Vickie :-D

Strange comment but I guess it is only strange as it is an alien concept to me.   My wife often helps me with my renders and most years I either have a calendar or photobook made just to chart the progress of my are.  My wife is always involved in the creation of any printed material. Unlike the usual claim, my wife does understand me and is interested and supportive of my art.  I have been doing Poser for over ten years and next month we will have been married for thirty five years.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 8:22 AM · edited Mon, 13 July 2015 at 8:33 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Sounds like you got lucky then, Hornet, mind you, I've never seen you post nudes, so that's different!

I just assumed that if a woman had a partner who was rendering naked fantasy figures and stuff like that, she might start to feel inadequate or whatever.
She might not like it, but then again, who knows, I mean I'm certainly not alone in not understanding how a womans mind works.

• They say stuff like  "Do I look good in this dress?"
  • With great enthusiasm, you reply  "Yes!"
  • Then they turn around and say  "No I don't, you're just saying that to shut me up!"

Well what did they ask for in the first place then, if thats what they think?
Who knows, and it's basically due to that sort of thing I just assumed a conversation like this would happen to any couple with Poser in the family ...

Yeah, caught you red-handed this time, haven't I?
What do you mean?
Making your own naked women with giant boobs, that's what, I'm obviously not good enough for you any more!
Baby, it's not like that, I was just rendering Wonder Woman - you know I like Wonder Woman - it's like on the TV!
Yeah, nice try, you bloody pervert, Wonder Woman doesn't go around naked on the TV does she now, well does she?
Oh ... um ...
See, you can't answer that, can you?
But it's ...
Oh don't bother, I understand perfectly, and you can keep Poser for all I care, but I'm taking the house, the car, and everything else!
But it's only a ...
Here, here's the ring, I hope you swallow and choke on it, you b*stard!
But it's just Wonder Woman, I was going to put clothes on her, I just hadn't got around to it yet :-(

That sort of thing, but anyway ... back to V4 ... lol

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 9:05 AM · edited Mon, 13 July 2015 at 9:06 AM

"I just assumed that if a woman had a partner who was rendering naked fantasy figures and stuff like that, she might start to feel inadequate or whatever.
She might not like it, but then again, who knows, I mean I'm certainly not alone in not understanding how a womans mind works.

• They say stuff like  "Do I look good in this dress?"
  • With great enthusiasm, you reply  "Yes!"
  • Then they turn around and say  "No I don't, you're just saying that to shut me up!"

Apparently you don't know women very well. Few are that shallow, except on tv perhaps.

Laurie

shvrdavid ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 9:09 AM · edited Mon, 13 July 2015 at 9:09 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

David Wrote:

Of course she knows about it, This one is named after her and inspired by her. Shoulders_1_S.jpg

The only major difference between the two is that my other half is far better looking, bends just like a real person does, and has a bigger.... wardrobe......

She inspires me. What more can I say about that. She is the love of my life.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 9:14 AM · edited Mon, 13 July 2015 at 9:22 AM

Laurie Wrote:
"Apparently you don't know women very well."

You can say that again, but when I finally have one to call my own, I hope she's a bit nuts, but hopefully not in the way pointed out above :-D
I blame Soap Operas.

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 9:19 AM · edited Mon, 13 July 2015 at 9:20 AM

David Wrote:
"The only major difference between the two is that my other half is far better looking, bends just like a real person does, and has a bigger.... wardrobe......
She inspires me. What more can I say about that. She is the love of my life."

Wow, lucky you, but you should post the real one as well and let the men of the forum see how well you copied her ;-)
We could comment, give tips etc.

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 9:27 AM

Sounds like you got lucky then, Hornet, mind you, I've never seen you post nudes, so that's different!

I just assumed that if a woman had a partner who was rendering naked fantasy figures and stuff like that, she might start to feel inadequate or whatever.

You are right I don't actually do nudes which is another reason why the way a figure bends is not necessarily the be all and end all for me.   On the other hand, almost all of my renders start with a nude Vicky so my wife is very used to seeing naked women on my monitor.  It might help that most my characters are not as well built as she is but it is not something we have discussed so I am not really sure. My aim is normally to try and express an emotion or say something with the render rather than render a pin up.  My wife has amateur dramatics as a hobby so we often bounce ideas of each other or make suggestions on how something might be improved.Conversations like the examples you give just don't happen in our house, after so long together we often finish each other's sentences or start to say the same thing at the same time.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

scottl ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 12:45 PM

all my stuff is for V4

Dont care to incur the expense to move up

There seems to be a splintering, many different figures. Vendors energy is getting split between G. G2. G3 etc so the amount of stuff is lower

Seems that very quickly theres a new figure out, dont see the point in sinking money and time into one when pretty soon it will be replaced

I have Poser. I have tried DS several times and dont like it at all, Daz is going towards exclusively DS so again whats the point.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 1:06 PM · edited Mon, 13 July 2015 at 1:09 PM

Was observing the discussion here over recent days, and my personal unbiased opinion on the V4 thing is this:

The difference in realism between V4 and V7 is blatantly obvious.  I've not even visited the page for V7, yet the improvements over even V6 are noticable enough just by looking at the stuff people are posting.  Even that 'quickie' Male_M3dia posted demonstrates what a good figure she is.  For a quickie to look as good as that, it's surely testament to the quality of the figure.  They seem to have worked very hard on improving the 'shift' of things, like when arms are raised and knees are bent etc, and the lack of it was something I didn't like about the previous versions - cause I felt it still fell short of what the technology allowed.  This new V7 figure, though, have to say I think it's very nice indeed.  I only hope Roxie doesn't see this comment or I'm in BIG trouble.  But yup, V7 is a definite improvement, in fact I'm half tempted to download her and have a go at making her look like the girl in the attached video, cause for some reason she kinda looks like a Vickie in a lot of ways, although I can't put my finger why that is.

DAZ really gets there one click users .
So V7 is textured for iray & iray is set up to render V7.
so it would be difficult to get a bad render. I hear some one sharpening there blades ;) 

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 6:57 PM

@RorrKonn
In addition to the the texturing which you just mentioned, what was that about her being industry standard for other programs?
Would V7 load into Blender, fully rigged and with JCM etc, providing she was brought in to Blender using a specific format?

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 11:31 PM

I honestly can't stand using DS at all, even for an import via DSON.  Also the new DAZ figures are too expensive, at this point I don't want to give DAZ any more money, and the non-daz figures don't seem to get enough attention.  I was really hoping dawn got more support than she did so I could jump over to her.

So I'm kind of at the point where it just costs too much to get a new figure if there isn't a good way to transfer my v4 clothes and characters over.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 11:39 PM

duanemoody:

Because the figures might not come with the equivalent of Morphs++ which by now is IMO a basic standard. 

QFT.  If a new figure comes out it has to have something like morphs++ either included or as an affordable addon.  If I can't make a wide range of face and body types via the dials, and there isn't enough standard options for vendors to support, it'll never go anywhere.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 2:42 AM · edited Tue, 14 July 2015 at 2:44 AM

@RorrKonn
In addition to the the texturing which you just mentioned, what was that about her being industry standard for other programs?
Would V7 load into Blender, fully rigged and with JCM etc, providing she was brought in to Blender using a specific format?

".fbx"  imports ,exports rigs and morphs. I have no doubt google and youtube can tell you all about them with DAZ Studio and Blender.
ya may need to import ,export .obj & .fbxI can't say how well it all works with DAZ Studio and Blender.but I would expect some tweaking in Blender.
I don't know if the JCM's will transfer.

there may be more formats then .fbx for DAZ Studio and Blender.
there may be plugins something like Poser Fussion.

rigs are a bit out of my field of modeling,sculpting.
DAZ Studio and Blender are a bit out of my field also.

when I said V5,6,7, being industry standard for other programs.
I was talking about them being 100% SubD quad meshes with a polycount around 20,000.
In C4D just as a mesh there's not enough difference in them to matter.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 2:51 AM

ScareCrow actually for blender Roxie Vicky are both 100% SubD quad meshes with a polycount around 20,000.
So there's enough difference in them to matter.well Roxie is anatomy correct .only Vickys pro packs are.

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 6:45 AM

@RorrKonn
To be honest I've never even thought about looking for a Genesis to Blender transfer thingummy, but considering she's rigged industry standard, I don't suppose it will be long before V7 can be loaded into Blender fully-rigged, and with all JCM and morph dials operational.

Will have to do some digging around, I'd be more than happy to buy Genesis 3, V7, and the official morph sets if it did (in fact I'd be over the moon).

glmmermaid ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 9:11 AM

Does any woman on here find it uncomfortable your SO making big busted boob tattooed women and feel inadequate? Especially when they spend their time making them with most of their free time, and taking time away from you? Anyone feel like that? Especially if that is all they do with most of their time? when they could be spending time with a "real" woman with "real" boobs and body parts? especially when you are attractive? 

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 9:46 AM

@Glmmermaid
That's exactly what I meant, doesn't make sense to me, but then again, most of my life my living arrangements means I never get a chance to find out!

But men in relationships often claim they don't understand women, I see it all the time.  And when I finally get my own pad, I think women are going to be alien to me (I think I'm in for a bit of a shock and a reality check).  The only consolation I have for myself, is that I've managed without a partner all this time, so I'm in no hurry, she'd have to be as weird as I am for me to have any interest in her anyway!  One of the things I hate about modern women, is that most of them are boring, rat-race minded career women, and I've got as much interest in career women (or the rat-race) as a cat has in swimming the Atlantic!

Anyway ... this is very OT ...

glmmermaid ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 11:09 AM

It doesn't make sense to me either. I appreciate art and artists but how about making beautiful art with landscapes or renders who are dressed and not seduction and nudity when you are in a relationship? It is like porn that def. hurts women in relationships when they find out their SO is downloading porn and pics of Hustler and Penthouse models spreading their genitals for everyone to see. It just does not make sense to me if you are in a serious relationship with a woman who would have the desire to look up models to carry around in their phone with them? I find that a form of emotional cheating. Some may disagree, but as a woman, that is who I feel and we all have free speech here. Anyway, it has made me depressed for years. Am I missing something here? I do not think so. I have talked to many women out their as well as men about the subject and they agree with me. Porn hurts, and when someone poses a Poser figure in a provocatively way on all fours showing their vulva lips, I find offending. 

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 11:13 AM

@RorrKonn
To be honest I've never even thought about looking for a Genesis to Blender transfer thingummy, but considering she's rigged industry standard, I don't suppose it will be long before V7 can be loaded into Blender fully-rigged, and with all JCM and morph dials operational.

Will have to do some digging around, I'd be more than happy to buy Genesis 3, V7, and the official morph sets if it did (in fact I'd be over the moon).

V7 might all ready fully-rigged, and with all JCM and morph dials operational all ready in Blender or may never do all that.
but I'm rather sure she does all that in DAZ Studio . ya could just export .obj to render in Blender .

ya could export .fbx animation made in DAZ Studio in to Blender. 

So why do you want V7 in Blender so bad ?

Roxie's looken a bit jealous there ,I wouldn't turn my back on her ;) 

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 11:33 AM

It doesn't make sense to me either. I appreciate art and artists but how about making beautiful art with landscapes or renders who are dressed and not seduction and nudity when you are in a relationship? It is like porn that def. hurts women in relationships when they find out their SO is downloading porn and pics of Hustler and Penthouse models spreading their genitals for everyone to see. It just does not make sense to me if you are in a serious relationship with a woman who would have the desire to look up models to carry around in their phone with them? I find that a form of emotional cheating. Some may disagree, but as a woman, that is who I feel and we all have free speech here. Anyway, it has made me depressed for years. Am I missing something here? I do not think so. I have talked to many women out their as well as men about the subject and they agree with me. Porn hurts, and when someone poses a Poser figure in a provocatively way on all fours showing their vulva lips, I find offending. 

I can relate to all of that although I have a suspicion many others won't.  I don't tend do do nudes with V4 or any Poser figure but I have to accept, from the galleries at least, that a large number of Poser users use it to create pin up type renders.  I also suspect that my wife would be far more concerned if I was in the pubs and clubs with real women than sat at home placing Vicky in another sticky or emotional situation. While it is prominently men I think there are some women at least that watch pawn, there a certainly a lot involved in making it.  Is that right or wrong?  Who knows, it is not up to me to judge, particularly when one persons porn is another persons art.  To me good relationships are based on shared goals, expectations and values.  It is less about marrying the right person and more about being the right partner.  

If my wife objected to naked figures in any form I would not be using Poser.  She does look at the galleries on occasions but I am sure never regards any of it as porn, whether the artists time could be better spent can only be answered fully by the artist.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 11:48 AM

Oh you are sooooooooo in the wrong place for THIS conversation. ROFL, prepare to be savaged for suggesting that All T&A, All Porn All The Time might not be an appropriate use for Poser and DazStudio.

Good luck.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 11:56 AM · edited Tue, 14 July 2015 at 11:59 AM

well I can't say for other dudes but I have naked women ,warrior's ,transformers ,dragons ,sci fi .jpgs .any thing that I like or inspires me. it wasn't all over naked girls but I did have a ex that her girl friends talked her to giving me a ultimatum ,her or my Art.

I wount be put on a leash she's gone.

I had another ex girl friend thought I was gay cause I had .jpgs of BodyBuilders and was modeling Chrome.

We ended up braking up cause I would look at other girls with close on at the store n all.

I'm a Artist I look .I'll stare at ya eyes or mouth or ears or butt etc etc not cause I'm drooling over them but to know how to model them.

I understand your point of view.your old man has you to look at so why look at another.

but can you understand my point of view ? I won't be put on a leash and told what I can or can't look at for what ever reason I'm looking at it.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 12:36 PM

This thread needs to get back on topic.

We've had several complaints just in the last 24 hours about this thread alone.

Please make your posts about why you are using V4, as that is what the thread asks.

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 3:27 PM

Mr Shane hath spoken, therefore I cannot reply to the previous comments as they would be OT.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 15 July 2015 at 12:33 AM

Respond here

JVRenderer ( ) posted Wed, 15 July 2015 at 2:18 AM

I hope this is relevant.

Let me show you why I still use V4

file_fa7cdfad1a5aaf8370ebeda47a1ff1c3.jp

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 15 July 2015 at 4:44 AM
Site Admin

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I still use V4 for all the assets I've accumulated throughout the years and the ease with which I can work with her.   I don't find it hard to un-vickify her or give her expressions.   I spin dials, I move stuff around, I play with scaling and that's part of the fun!  The addons like Perfect Victoria, Real arms, and many other morph resources make it easy for me to pose and morph her.   I don't doubt Vicki 7 will be much better but as a hobbyist for the past 16 years I figure I don't need to spend more money when I still haven't used over 50% of what I've bought for her not to mention what I haven't even installed yet.

file_045117b0e0a11a242b9765e79cbf113f.jp 

false1 ( ) posted Wed, 15 July 2015 at 5:21 AM

I still use V4 for all the assets I've accumulated throughout the years and the ease with which I can work with her.   I don't find it hard to un-vickify her or give her expressions.   I spin dials, I move stuff around, I play with scaling and that's part of the fun!  The addons like Perfect Victoria, Real arms, and many other morph resources make it easy for me to pose and morph her.   I don't doubt Vicki 7 will be much better but as a hobbyist for the past 16 years I figure I don't need to spend more money when I still haven't used over 50% of what I've bought for her not to mention what I haven't even installed yet.

file_045117b0e0a11a242b9765e79cbf113f.jp 

Kalypso, you are my hero.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 15 July 2015 at 11:35 AM

Another reason for me - Colorcurvatures K4-M4 Mixer. It works with V4 too. I can do kids and teens. The last kids that came with Poser were Ben and Kate, and they are not very versatile. I use the Daz Generation 3 kids and teens, and even the Generation 2 pre-schoolers and pre-teens as well. But if you need to show the same kid growing up in a story line, the mixer script makes it much easier.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 15 July 2015 at 11:49 AM

Kalypso how did you get** **Garden Surprise to look like a Illustration ?

To follow the rules and to stay on topic you can respond here

Thanks

-renapd- ( ) posted Wed, 15 July 2015 at 12:09 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Show me another figure who can be such a chameleon! This is why! :)

file_38b3eff8baf56627478ec76a704e9b52.jp

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 15 July 2015 at 10:17 PM · edited Wed, 15 July 2015 at 10:18 PM

Another reason for me - Colorcurvatures K4-M4 Mixer. It works with V4 too. I can do kids and teens. The last kids that came with Poser were Ben and Kate, and they are not very versatile. I use the Daz Generation 3 kids and teens, and even the Generation 2 pre-schoolers and pre-teens as well. But if you need to show the same kid growing up in a story line, the mixer script makes it much easier.

Did you know you can also use it with the Generation 3 figures also?  You can.  I am pretty sure you can use it with the Generation 2 figues also (I did tests with it when it first came out.)  All you need are figures that are built from the same base mesh.
I have a whole series of mixed figures V3/L3, SP3/L3, D3/Lu3, M3/Lu3.  It is really nifty.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 1:34 AM

Thank you for that! I had no idea.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

pumeco ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 6:20 AM · edited Thu, 16 July 2015 at 6:21 AM

@RorrKonn
Sorry mate, I did reply yesterday but then deleted it myself.  I was going to talk about what you said regards the leash etc, lol, and also a reply to Glmmermaid and Hornet, that I was going to reply in another thread but it wouldn't fit the other thread either, and I didn't want to make it OT, so didn't post.

Thanks for the offer though ;-)

treewrx ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 8:30 AM

I use V4 because I don't have a choice. I've offered literally thousands to someone, anyone, who can make this model bend and look like a human being, or give me something new. No responses. I am dabbling with G2 which I like much, much more, but there's a lot of problems with that also.

I'm so sickened by this entire experience I'm just sitting back and waiting for Erogenesis to save us all, which is just absurd.

Heck, who knows, maybe some day I'll just learn to model for real.

pizzone ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 2:05 PM

@treewrx

Waiting for Erogenesis to save us all is anything but "absurd". He already did that once (and V4 herself agrees with that...).

treewrx ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 3:23 PM

@treewrx

Waiting for Erogenesis to save us all is anything but "absurd". He already did that once (and V4 herself agrees with that...).

Asking one man, althrough an exceptional one, to save the 3D figure industry is absurd. Smith Micro should already have a far superior model to V4. I don't know if this is off topic, but my point is there is nothing better. And I firmly believe that Ero can save us all. I'm one of his biggest fans. But unfortunately he's one person, and project E has been going on for years as a result.

mattymanx ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 4:39 PM

Show me another figure who can be such a chameleon! This is why! :)

You mean like Genesis 1, 2 or 3 ??? And thanks to autofit, wearing the same outfit is 1000 times easier then with previous generations!

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 4:53 PM · edited Thu, 16 July 2015 at 4:58 PM

You mean like Genesis 1, 2 or 3 ???And thanks to autofit, wearing the same outfit is 1000 times easier then with previous generations!

And all the morphs and skins:) However for Genesis 3 at this time that is debatable, until we see more converters. But I think they only speaking about Figures that work inside Poser. What we have in DS doesn't count. So here it's V4 vs the rest:)

My Renderosity Store

mattymanx ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 5:11 PM

Fair enough

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 7:21 PM · edited Thu, 16 July 2015 at 7:21 PM

treewrx quote

I use V4 because I don't have a choice. I've offered literally thousands to someone, anyone, who can make this model bend and look like a human being, or give me something new. No responses. I am dabbling with G2 which I like much, much more, but there's a lot of problems with that also.

I'm so sickened by this entire experience I'm just sitting back and waiting for Erogenesis to save us all, which is just absurd.

Heck, who knows, maybe some day I'll just learn to model for real.

why don't ya just customize ya favorite poser character rigs to your liking.

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2015 at 10:41 PM

And I recall some EULA changes from V4 to V7.  Best read and understand.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.