Wed, Sep 18, 5:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:56 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Site Update Bug Report

ptousig ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 7:29 AM · edited Thu, 20 August 2015 at 7:30 AM

E-mails for thread updates are very inconsistent. I did not receive any at all yesterday.

All the links in the mails except for the link to the new post are broken. They link to "https://www.renderosity.commod/forumpro?..." Note the missing slash after ".com".

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 8:22 AM

Still unusable. Not looking hopeful here at all...

CoyoteSeven ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 9:22 AM

So this is the "bug report" forum?

OK, here is the common consensus, in hopefully easy to understand terms... ... ... THE WHOLE FREAKIN' SITE IS A BUG!

Perhaps a rollback to to the previous version will fix these bugs?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 9:51 AM
Site Admin

Premium tutorials don't work in Firefox

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Mar3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 10:37 AM

Also for me still the same problem: I did try to upload a new profile image, but it doesn´t work at all. I saw that other members wrote the same yesterday: "Still not working.
I chose a 200 x 200 pixel JPEG image (only 10 KB) and pressed Update public... the browser showed a status message of "Connecting..." for a long time, then just went blank"

What I am missing too is a place on the new website where the "Renderosity-time" is mentioned. As I am living in Spain I always looked at the time to know if an activity or product sale was finished or not. I suppose there will be more members in the rest of the world who like to know this.

Still hoping and wondering...
Mar

goldie ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:20 PM · edited Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:21 PM

I too am unable to update my profile image. Get the white page of death after pressing enter. I am using the latest version of Firefox. Does your website "designer" test the site with various browsers? You do realize that not everyone uses microsuck's browser.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:48 PM

@4221477 Please try to add an image once more.

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:48 PM

Hope Kumor

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 1:36 PM

@4221230!

loudspeaker icon.jpg

This is the loudspeaker icon, which links to ignore a user. I recomment it changed from a loudspeaker to a cross for example or a no entry sign or something like that.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 1:36 PM
hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 1:40 PM

Where do you see that though? Is it in the forum?

Hope Kumor

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 1:42 PM

Page forum count Bug
pagecountwrong.JPG
pagecountwrong2.jpg

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 1:43 PM · edited Thu, 20 August 2015 at 1:52 PM

@4221721 Under every member-post.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

ptousig ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 1:46 PM

@4221728

Indeed. (Red outline in the image below.)

Loudspeaker.gif

ptousig ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 1:46 PM

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 1:50 PM

ah thank you ptousig!

I really thought it was a read this post out loud icon.
I almost accidentally ignored someone.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 1:52 PM
ptousig ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 1:58 PM

NP. :D

Mar3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 2:13 PM

¡Estupendo! Finally I could update my profile image. After refreshing the page it worked this time. I am using the latest version of Firefox.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 2:37 PM

@4221723 I've just taken note of this bug! Thanks for catching it!

As for this "loudspeaker," it's not under any of my posts, but let me check it out.

Hope Kumor

hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 2:37 PM

Hope Kumor

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 2:39 PM

thats because as a staff member you can't put users on ignore.....

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 2:42 PM · edited Thu, 20 August 2015 at 2:46 PM

@4221763 Omg Hope and you can't put yourself on ignore either! Noone can for that matter.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 2:42 PM

Or frasing it somewhat different. We can't ignore staff. ;) hehe

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 2:46 PM
willdial ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 9:07 PM

None of the Premium Videos are working!

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 11:27 PM

Thank you willdial!

taximan ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 7:34 AM

This slow ugly crappy site has to go, you sure have wasted your time and money on making/redesigning the worse site ever you call this an art site i don't think so, i've seen better rubbish dumps.

Where did your web design teams brains go, You must love people slagging off your prize piece of ! sorry can't think of a legal name to call it.

Kaleb242 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 11:03 AM

The birthday "datePicker" in Edit Profile/Settings is still buggy. The value saved, is not the value displayed.

It looks like an index value problem, since the number it saves is off by 1.
The datePicker displays your birthday - 1 day.
if you pick 13, it saves it as 14. (In order to make it save as 13, I had to pick 12.)

200x200 profile icons are now saving properly in settings though, yay!

JeniferC ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 6:43 PM

Just an update on where we are today. The site security notices from your browsers may happen on a few pages outside of the Marketplace, but the security is really only important in the Marketplace and we are working to fix those notices on the community pages. It's a bit of work since we converted the entire site to https, but images uploaded or ads aren't also marked as https. The mods and artist homepage links now go to the proper place. FreeStuff button/links have been fixed. White pages/upload issues should all be resolved now. And, the premium tutorials/videos are all working again. Profile Avatars and the date picker in the profile are working again, too.

The gallery image size allowance will be updated soon to allow 4000x4000 full size images (like the old site). But please remember that those large images will still be re-sized for the gallery page layout and members will have to click on them to see the full size (and likely have to do a bit of scrolling). We are also going to bring back the ability to auto-create a thumbnail for you. That may be several business days before we can get that working well. Many of the auto-create thumbnails from the old site are some of the fuzzy thumbs that members have been complaining about, and members are encouraged to update those.

We didn't remove gallery images, but it took a while a move them all over and some may still not be displaying properly if the original full size was over the 1200x1500. We are working on that and hope to have those properly displaying the larger image sizes soon. And, the writters gallery has been updated to allow 25,000 characters.

Chat will be back (probably next week) but it was not technically compatible with our new back-end servers/software and is getting worked on. There are a lot of little things being worked on and already resolved.

Please continue to send us links and screenshots of any weirdness you encounter, and we will be glad to look into it and fix bugs. We greatly appreciate you patience and understanding while get the kinks worked out.

Kaleb242 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 7:20 PM

Thanks for the update!

Giana ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 7:48 PM · edited Fri, 21 August 2015 at 7:49 PM

'Many of the auto-create thumbnails from the old site are some of the fuzzy thumbs that members have been complaining about, and members are encouraged to update those.'

just keep in mind, that also as of today, if you update your thumbnails AND you have any kind of formatted text that you wrote about the image, etc., that the formatting is lost and all your words will get shoved and word wrapped together. but i'm sure that the formatting thing is yet another thing they are working on, so you might want to hold off until that's fixed too before changing out old, horribly distorted thumbnails.

JeniferC ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 8:06 PM

The gallery text description is going to be fixed soon, so like Giana said, it is probably better to wait a little while before updating your gallery images.

sparkman ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 9:15 AM

Very sorry to have to block advertising banners due to heavy influx of advertising from google and therefore not to see and actually lose the opportunity to advertise their products, because it defeats the purpose, anyway no one will see. I looked through 30 pages in order and in random order, and his banner so never and have not seen all scores google . And who prevented the clock on the home page and organizer ? It is a pity that such inconveniences with garbage ads and other inconveniences may cause an outflow of vendors ,and then the users favorite site. I am with you since 2002. Good luck to You to overcome these difficulties.

gchuck ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 10:12 PM

Non-intuitive, is the only way I can think of to describe this site. WTH happened?
I tried to browse through the 'free stuff', it shows 2 or 3 lines of freebies, than churns for a few seconds, and loads the next 2 or 3 lines!
I (used to) come here daily for the MP. Now its just a hassle.
I'm using Opera, and never had a problem with the old site.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 11:36 PM · edited Sat, 22 August 2015 at 11:51 PM

Can you PLEASE bring back the old drop-down menu of Vendors in the Marketplace? The way it works now is that you get a page full of vendors, and if you are looking for a specific vendor you have to search. BUT it only works if you know the full name of the vendor! I was trying to find a vendor, but only remembered the first two letters of the name exactly, and searching for those two letters gave me no results. Back before the change, you could type in the drop-down menu and all vendors with those letters in the name would appear in the list and you could easily find who you were looking for. Now it is a nightmare to find anyone! The vendor I was looking for missed a sale because of this :(

So PLEASE bring back the drop-down list, you can still keep what you have now, but honestly I don't see the point of this (I also noticed a vendor happened to change their name, which brought them to the top of that page.. probably a coincidence, but I fear more vendors will do the same to make it easier for customers to find them..)

Edit: To add some examples

Say you are looking for the vendor outoftouch.. but you don't remember exactly how they are spelled.. so you make a search for 'out' - no hits. Search for 'touch' - no hits. Search for 'OOT' - no hits. Say you want to find Fabiana, but don't remember the entire name, so you search for 'fabi' - no hits. Say you want to fin Vyktohria, but can't remember the correct spelling, so you search for 'vyk' - no hits. Search for 'vyktoria' - no hits. I could go on but I think you get it. This is something that will cost vendors sales, because customers can't find them!

Or, you could scroll down the entire page of vendors, which will take days.. people are not that patient..

sparkman ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 3:40 AM

Hello ! Noticed the following error in the website. If you go to the section VCR Produkt sales report and choose in the list of sales nick the buyer,before I got to the home page of the buyer , and now on to any purchaser, the website redirects to the home page renderosity and not the buyer

scooby37 ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 6:47 AM

When I go to my homepage, a screen appears that says, Oh snap... This user has no site activity. I have been on your site since 2006, I think I have had plenty of activity. Also my frriends list is missing. My favorite atrists list is missing etc. My Bio is missing, and I no longer get ebaots when my favorite artists upload a new image.
As for the design of the new site, I am afraid I think it is the worst design I have ever had the misfortune to look upon, let alone use. Sorry. That old adage comes to mind, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Michael_C ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 8:23 AM

The infinite scrolling (as opposed to paging) in the Gallery is impossible. If you click a Gallery image, when you use your browser return button you are sent back to the top of the Gallery, not the place you left (this is the standard action across the site including the forums) and need to scroll all the way down again to where you left, presuming you remember. Very discouraging. Return to the old paged system and the old, familiar "Back" response, please.

My Store - My Gallery - My Freebies - My Web Site

Giana ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 4:30 PM

maybe a stupid question, but if part of the reason for this restructuring was to make things more compliant for mobile types of devices, as well as whatever you think Google is requiring of you --

why didn't you guys simply create an app for the site instead?

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 9:13 AM · edited Mon, 24 August 2015 at 9:14 AM

And probably this is not the best place to ask, but why can't we have an Edit option on comments? Instead of having to delete and recomment if we want to change something we said? (Not in the forum, but on images!)

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 10:58 AM

Thank you MrsRatbag.. I will bring this up. :)

mazzam ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 6:31 PM

There are still some issues with adding credits for gallery posts. I get an upload failure every time I include a product by Danie - white screen and empty entry. When I go back tto the entry page ALL the product names are changed to 'undefined'. It I try again omitting the product by Danie, the image loads successfully. It makes no difference how many other products are in the lists. I have also noticed that many artists who post successfully have given up on including citations. Note I am using Firefox.

willdial ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 11:47 PM

The gallery sections are no longer working. I tried the Poser and Daz Studio links on the section page (https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/?sections). But the both get redirected to the main gallery page (https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/) This was working yesterday.

willdial ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 8:26 PM

It's working again. Guess I caught it during an update.

willdial posted at 6:25PM Tue, 25 August 2015 - #4223876

The gallery sections are no longer working. I tried the Poser and Daz Studio links on the section page (https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/?sections). But the both get redirected to the main gallery page (https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/) This was working yesterday.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 9:18 PM

That's great! Thanks so much for letting us know!

Hope Kumor

renecyberdoc ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 4:09 AM

hi this morning again a white page when i try to upload an image??

renecyberdoc ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 4:13 AM

now when i take the vendors credits out it worked but thats not the way it should be!!

hopeandlove ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 10:12 AM

Hi @renecyberdoc-- Has this happened to you before or were you able to upload photos? If you were able to upload a photo before, are you using a new browser now? Please let us know.

Thanks!

Hope Kumor

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 12:22 AM · edited Thu, 27 August 2015 at 12:23 AM

I'm no lover of the "Error 404" page, but it would be better than this...

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?section_id=47

(that's the old URL of the now-defunct 'Critique Gallery', which I still have bookmarked)

Better than either would be a page that says "The Critique Gallery no longer exists." and provides useful alternative links, e.g. main gallery page and/or sitemap.

But being pragmatic - Error 404 would do...

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.