Sat, Oct 5, 8:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Roxie Renewal Project

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 9:29 AM ยท edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 8:23 AM

I am currently working on my Roxie Renewal project, similar to my project for Jessi 1.ย  This will be an extensive free set to add a large amount of functionality to Roxie.

Current categories:ย ย  Bend fixes. other fixes, Body shaping morphs, Head Shaping Morphs,ย  Age presets, Proportions, Ratios and Heights

Possible additional categories:ย  Skin and eye tinting settings, basic nail polishes, special effects skin settings, new basic skin for male and female, clothing adjustment magnets

NOT free - possibly releasing an encoded converted version of the Alyson2 bodysuit I have in the market . Roxie doesn't seem to have one, and I don't need to make a new bodysuit since I made a perfectly good one already for someone else.

If persons are interesting in helping out as testers or by making additional content for this set or supporting this set that would be appreciated.ย  I am not currently making any 'movie aliens', anthro animal morphs, or character morph/skin sets, so there is plenty of space for people to donate those.ย  I am making an age progression set using morphs and scaling running from baby , child, teen, adult and senior.ย  I haven't made any decisions about clothing sets, but the field is wide open on that.ย 

I do already have a male morph made, as well as settings for a scaled male morph when I get to the ratios/ scaling section of this project. I suppose that means Rox will need some male parts either custom made or stolen from some other fella.

Anyone interested in this project should send me a pm for contact info.ย  If there are 2 or more volunteers I will set up a project chat room for discussion of the technical aspects of the work and of specific sub projects

Since this forum has been .. well not exactly friendly .. recently I'm adding a disclaimer.

I am not going to make a profit off this project. I am not doing this for any reason but to improve a decent figure that hasn't had much attention and that a lot of people have already.ย  I don't care if you hate Roxie, I've already started and I aim to finish regardless of popular support.ย  If I get no volunteers, I don't much care, I can do this project on my own but it will be bigger and better if there is more content made by more people. I am posting this thread specifically for the small and quiet minority who actually use this figure, or who are interested in the technical aspects of this sort of base figure expansion and renovation. And if you don't know who I am and don't trust me, saying so in a public poser forum may get you laughed at. Use google.

Lyrra

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 10:38 AM

Interesting.ย 

Eternal Hobbyist

ย 

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 11:40 AM

I don't use Roxie and I really don't have any skills that would be able to assist. ย So the only real support I can give is to wish you every success and I sincerely hope you get lots on volunteers.

What a shame we have reached the point that you have to add a disclaimer, but I fully understand why you did.

Thank you so much for supporting the community and showing that there are still people around to put this sort of effort in for the good of everyone.

ย 

ย 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -ย  Ryzen 9ย 5900HX,ย with 64 gig ram and 3 TBย  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using anย AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .ย  ย The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 12:02 PM

ย I told you in that other thread I was on board. I'll donate my Black Widow outfit for the cause. I just have to finish it.

I comes with boots and a gun belt too...ย 

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 12:28 PM

rokket

Take your time. I'm still finalizing the full body, morphs and haven't touched the partials, the head morphs or the scaling stuff. I'm going to be a while at this.ย  Once I have the fbms set and installed in a carrier cr2 I can send that along for you to transfer the morphs into your suit and tidy upย  if you'd like. I'm not sure what sort of joint corrections or JCM's will be needed for the morphs. Most of them haven't been too extreme yet, but the Heavy, Supertank and OlympicMuscle morphs are going to need JCMs on the shoulders and groin, so the clothing is pretty much guaranteed to have issues there too.

Oh and this is on the patched Roxie, with the lashes part of the geom.

Lyrra

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 12:36 PM

ย Oh, ok. No problems then. It might be easier for you to install the JCM's and whatnot. I have had Poser 10 for a week, and I just discovered today that I could tell it ahead of time which bones I wanted from the Donor rig. I haven't been able to do that until now. So I am still learning the program and reworking my workflow.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 1:49 AM

yeah now you can pick and choose, just be careful. Any figure with a ghost pelvis sometimes gets weird.ย  I usually just copy the whole rig and use PFE to snip out the bones I dont need, or use an already tidied up donor rig.ย  That also gives me a chance to strip out those pesky joint deformers and morphs that get carried over.

Lyrra

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 4:09 AM

ย I've noticed one thing about ghost bones, and maybe it was just me, but if I don't group the mesh going in to the setup room and apply the donor rig with the ghost bones and auto group the mesh when I apply the rig, they are not ghost bones on the new mesh. If you take them out, you get the polys not grouped to a bone error when you exit the setup room.

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 11:26 AM

Some WIP renders of a couple of the morphs.ย  I'm not quite happy with Olympic Muscle yet

Voluptuous

file_9dcb88e0137649590b755372b040afad.pn

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 11:27 AM

Sporty Front

file_149e9677a5989fd342ae44213df68868.pn

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 11:27 AM

Sporty back

file_c9e1074f5b3f9fc8ea15d152add07294.pnLittle issue with the autocreated morph there on the bikini

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 11:28 AM

Thin

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 11:29 AM

try that again ... thin

file_ec8956637a99787bd197eacd77acce5e.pn

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 11:29 AM

and olympic muscle front

file_3def184ad8f4755ff269862ea77393dd.pn

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 11:30 AM

and Olympic muscle back

file_eb160de1de89d9058fcb0b968dbbbd68.pn

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 11:40 AM

The skin is the stock Roxie skin, with EZSKIN2 settings and the bikini is the stock one which I auto transferred morphs to.

I'm not entirely happy with Olympic Muscle yet as I stated, but possibly once I have made a separate Definition morph or displacement the combination will have slightly sharper definition. Muscle morphs aren't my specialty, so if someone else can do better by all means go for it.

The range of morphs I have are based off the shapes established by various other figures which are popular. All are of course hand sculpted by me using magnets and Poser's morph brush tools.

I've made a bunch of partial body morphs, including the usual range of chest shapes (which everyone loves so much). I'm not going to post pictures of all of those :P

I did a brief experiment with Rex's genitals figure and they conform nicely, so I'll be adding a morph set for those to fit to the roxy male shape and the other morphs as needed.

I think one or two morphs shown here have the legs elongated to 110% on Y for thigh and shin, which makes the body proportions more heroic than average. V4 has heroic proportions. The poser figures tend towards human averages.ย  I'll be including a 'heroic' proportion in the scaling options dials.

Tomorrow is back to real work .. finishing the proofing on the print copy of my book on Poser and hopefully getting the edits back to Amazon. Exciting stuff :)

Lyrra

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 11:53 AM

ย Really nice work. I agree with you on the muscles. But the other morphs are looking really nice. My Black Widow suit is based off her base, but I am assuming these morphs should be able to be injected into it..

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 12:31 PM

rokket

Oh yeah, you can either hand sculpt or as I prefer to do these days, use poser to transfer the morphs and the morph brushes to smooth and tighten up as needed. Or you could make them in your modeler, or zbrush, or with a utility ..... but posers tool is fast and right there.ย  Takes a lot of the hassles out :)ย ย  The sporty morph should look very nice with the bodysuit mesh you showed in the other thread.

Part of the trouble with the muscles is the density of the mesh. I'm going to try tinkering with that one more but...ย  its tough getting a sharp cut on those abs

Lyrra

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 1:32 PM

Very nice looking Lyrra!

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2015 at 10:32 AM

I dunno .. face too creepy? an attempt at an anime type style body and head. Head scaled up a titch, and legs scaled to 115 on Y

file_6974ce5ac660610b44d9b9fed0ff9548.pn

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2015 at 11:31 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

The face is too round. In my limited anime experience, the face is more triangle shaped. Sometimes she has pronounced cheekbones but the chin always seems to come to a point.

Now, that I finished with an outfit I was making for Ryan, I can help with with the renewal project. I've got a few outfits I'm making for her. I can make other things for her too. I'm still a new when it comes to making content so I'm not fast. But I'll help as I can.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2015 at 11:48 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

does anyone know of a content listing for roxie out there?ย  I think that might help so we don't remake something by accident.

Oh wait .. I found one. okย  guys .. here is a list of the free stuff out there already.ย  So now is a good time to call dibs if there is anything specific you feel like making

https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org/wiki/Roxie

Theres a wild variety of anime styles ... from the super stylized heads to the semi real styles. Ideally I'd like something like aiko3, I think shes the cutest of the anime figures made for poser so far, but I'm not sure I can bash Roxie into that shape.ย  It might be better to do a poptop and steal somebody elses head (as ghoulish as that sounds) or a separate cr2 with a whole new head geometry (but then you have map matching issues).

In other news I've moved all the FBMs into the main dev figure except Olympic muscle, which I'm still messing with, and Sporty which is doing something odd on the hips that I want to sort out first.

So what are your Must Have morphs for any figure? your favorite V4/Aiko/whomever shapes ?ย  I'm already about 50 morphs into this mad project, so I might as well keep going. Which reminds me .. I need to add in the classic Spandex morphs. Always handy to have.ย  Does anyone have opinions about navel morphs, foot-for-shoe and all those aureloae/nipple morphs? I cant say that I've ever used any of them with any figure. Are they needed by anybody?

Lyrra

added a not very sexy render of one of the other shapes I think is about done.ย  Nudity tag for boring clay render of a not clothed person. in case anyone cares.

file_73278a4a86960eeb576a8fd4c9ec6997.pn

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2015 at 11:57 AM

ย Oh , don't add that one!

Kidding.

I am going to take a gander atย that list you posted and see what's going on.

My suit will be ready for release in the next day or so. So do I put in in the freestuff or do you want to upload it somewhere?ย 

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2015 at 2:01 PM

rokket

you can put it in the freestuff and then do an addon or update if you decide to add morph support to it. I'm going to be a little while longer, as you might have guessed

Theres really not all that much support for roxie out there right now.

Lyrra

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2015 at 5:07 PM

I saw that when I looked. I even have 3 of those things that were listed.

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 1:58 AM

tinkering with Olympic Muscle some more. Better? the trick seems to be turning up the subdivision before morphing

New OlympicmuscleF.png
New Olympicmuscleb.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 2:52 AM

I am still wondering if I have this sub D in Poser 10, or if it's just in the pro version. I don't think a lot of things are in this version that are in the pro.

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 3:05 AM

good question. To check: Load a figure like Roxie in, select Body, then in the properties panel look for "Subdivision levels". I only brought it up to 1.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 4:32 AM

Ok. I will check that out later.

ointment ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 6:44 AM

Wow these look great, might actually have to install my Roxie content. Can I just ask for the morph of the larger lady will there be a way to make the arms bigger? So a person could show the er... "batwings" that you tend to get when you're somewhat larger?

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 8:39 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

thats actually not even the Heavy morph. that was Pear-Shaped I think. I already have arm and leg size morphs and I will be adding scaling controls for that as well. So if this morph isn't exactly what you need you can modify it further.

Heres a very boring render of clay colored Roxy and the Heavy morph I'm working on

rx_heavy1_F.png

Lyrra

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 6:15 PM

This so called site overhaul is throwing my game off. I need to stay offline for a day and get my suit packaged up.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 9:57 PM

Never mind packaging it up.

I have decided to put it away for awhile and concentrate on other things. I get too wrapped up in my work and it drives me bonkers. So I will chill for a bit.

What's driving me nuts right now is trying to keep the emitters from deforming when they bend with the suit. It's almost as if they tear up when she moves her arm, for instance.

I might just put this up as a dynamic cloth suit and if no one wants it, so be it.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 10:31 PM

The emitters can deform quite a bit without causing render problems; remember, they aren't supposed to be seen anyway. Their illumination effect is seen, but not the emitter mesh itself. It may be that parts are outside the falloff zone and thus aren't moving with the pose, however.

If the emitter array is crumpling because of the low-poly geometry, you could subdivide it, but I think the lighter weight geometry is more advantageous (quicker rendering, less memory consumption). Another possibility would be to leave the emitter array as a dynamic prop; pose the doll and conforming suit, then run a dyn sim for the emitter.

A caveat for unseen emitters in general: they will show in reflections, or if viewed from behind a refractive surface. Avoid those situations.

Poser 12, in feet.ย ย 

OSes:ย  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 10:51 PM

I think I misspoke. It's not the emitters that are giving me fits. It's the parts they are supposed to be lighting up. The original geometry you created the emitters for. That part is crumpling. And yeah, I am going to take the suit back into Wings and see if I can get away with subdividing it without creating a 200k poly monster.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 12:23 AM ยท edited Fri, 21 August 2015 at 12:26 AM

Ah, OK, the visible neon strips are deforming; yes that should be avoided. Perhaps select the neon strips, make them a separate object in the modeler, and subdivide them? Maybe better, if you could select the edges running parallel with the limb/torso, and cut those edges,increasing the poly density along that long axis, making the neon strips more foldable, at lesser cost in polygon increase?

The neon doesn't need to be welded to the main fabric for a conforming figure, nor does it need to be welded for dynamic use if you assign everything to "constrained" (not "dynamic"). By the way, the demo image I made used the suit as dynamic, with all vertices/polys put in the constrained group, same for the emitter, and it seemed to work just fine.

Poser 12, in feet.ย ย 

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 12:40 AM

My first thought is to leave it as a dynamic cloth. But a lot of people don't want to/don't know how to/ can't use dynamic cloth.
You know what? I am going to put it out as dynamic. Works so much better that way.
Thanks for talking me into it!

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 11:47 PM

crumpling often means the joint zones or wm need to be adjusted. Sometimes it needs an adjustment of the grouping as well. Shoulders and groin are especially finicky I have found.

I can look at making a conforming version of the suit when I have two minutes free.

seachnasaigh

the light emitters are actual geometry hanging about? so for a conformer they would be treated kind of like body handles. separate group and matzone and mostly ignored?

Lyrra

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 1:31 AM

The emitter system must have it own "properties" options, which means it needs to be a separate conforming figure, or a separate dynamic prop, or maybe it could be uniquely named body parts of the suit figure.
In any case, it is critical that the emitter has the "visible in camera" box un-ticked.

Because only the effect of the emitter is seen (the illumination) but not the emitter itself, it's usually OK if it crumples in poses.

The material zone is important, and if the visible neon used an image map, then the emitter would need to be mapped to closely mimic those UVs. In this case, with the visible neon using a simple color, the emitter mapping isn't important - but the material is important; it must be hyper-ambient and match the color of the visible neon.

Poser 12, in feet.ย ย 

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 6:24 AM

I'll try to finish messing with the suit in a day or so and put it in the freestuff. I'll post here when it's up there and you can go get it and rig it if you want to. I am done with it as far as I'm concerned.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 12:54 AM ยท edited Sun, 23 August 2015 at 1:01 AM

Hi

Just popped in to say that I've been using Jessi Improved for a long time.
Practically the only female figure I use.

Thanks for putting in all this work.

I'll be looking forward to the new Roxie!

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 5:28 AM

Hi Mike! Glad to hear someone liked that project. I always thought jessi 1 had a nice shape, but oh the bends were baaaad. A little TLC, some new morphs, loads of fix morphs and tada .. a perfectly nice figure. So yeah I'm doing the same thing for Roxie, but more, since I know even more tricks now. Nerd showed me the magic of using animated joint centers and the dependency editor to attach rigging changes to morphs so I can add all sorts of lovely scaling options like I had in my commercial Shape of Dawn project.

Right now I'm grinding my way through the mess of dials I made using Roxie's face room dials. I'm cleaning up and naming them as best as I can. Once I get these sorted out and useable, I can fill in whatever morphs are missing. Like every elf ear morph ever.

Heres a couple WIP renders of the new and improved Roxie ... showing off some of the head morphs, and the full body with the Sporty morph I showed earlier in the thread. Looks like a whole new figure already :) Default skin, with one of the makeup option. Default scaling and ratios

headWIP1.png

fullbodyWIP.png

Lyrra
(the Ex-Evil Overlord)

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 5:32 AM

and for comparison .. the same scene but with all the new morphs turned off.

stock.png

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 9:42 PM ยท edited Tue, 25 August 2015 at 9:45 PM

Roxie's hair is an Alyson refit, isn't it?

That's what she really needs. Hair and some poses.

When I got into this, it was with Poser 8. When I upgraded to Poser 9, Miki 4 and Tyler were the new kids on the block. Not much for clothing, no hair for Tyler, and no poses for either one of them.
Now with Poser 10, same deal with Rex and Roxie. Is that the standard? They implement a new figure, but no included support? Was it that way when they introduced Simon and Sydney? Or James and Jessi?
Just trying to keep up.

Oh, and Lyrra, that morph combination is really nice. But I noticed something going on with her abdomen in the morphs render. Something poking through?

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 9:46 PM

Where do I get the Jessi improved that Mike was talking about? Is this something that is long gone?

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 10:33 PM

The hair in that picture is the one hair that came in the tin .. might be an Alyson refit, I don't actually know. Stock hair, stock pose, stock clothing. The pokethrough is caused by using the auto transfer of morphs onto the leotard and not adjusting afterwards (i e lazy Lyrra) When I finalize the morphs then I'll go back and fit all the stock clothing proper like. For now I'm just slapping the bikini and leotard on to avoid the nudity tags.

The poser makers tend to have a bad habit of making just the bare bones for each new figure they make and hoping somebody else fills in the gaps. Unfortunately since DAZ's ascendancy with Victoria 1 that hasn't happened so much.

However, since the new Poser product manager keeps saying 'Content is King' I have higher hopes for the new round with the upcoming Poser 11, but we shall see.

Jessi 1 is a project I made a few years back , you can snag it over at ShareCG. I took the Jessi 1 Hi Res figure, made all the bend fixes she desperately needed, and then kept on going. The cr2 loads with all my morphs in it, the head fixes on, and shiny new skin surface settings courtesy of EZSkin with SnarlyGribbly's permission.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/73646/view/11/Poser/Jessi-1-Improved

I suppose if someone wanted to make hair refit poses that would be a nice addition to this project. I know there are people viewing this thread and not commenting... so if anyone wants to make hair refits or poses feel free to PM me if you are shy :)

Lyrra

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 10:58 PM

Ah, I see. Quick renders after the morphs are made just to check them.

I hope someone will do hair refits. I made 3 of them for Miki 4 when I first got Poser 9, but they are no picnic for me. And they were far from perfect. I won't be trying it again, but I hope someone with skills and patience will do it.

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 12:37 AM

Rokket

I just started a request thread .. we'll see if anyone volunteers. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2893289

Lyrra

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 8:39 AM

I saw that. Let's hope that if they don't post there, someone at least PM's you.

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 9:09 AM

I'm not sure how much I want to rely on the site mail here right now .. my inbox is showing all received messages as having just been received at the moment I load the page, even the one from 2 years ago. Its a wee bit busted lol

I can be reached at gmail using my name with no spaces @ gmail if anyone IS trying to reach me

Lyrra Madril

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 3:46 AM

Slooowly progressing. Down to cleanup on the last few faceroom generated morphs and then I need to go back and sort and fill in for completeness. I think the male one has some promise .. shown here with the male body morph as well

Lyrrahead_male.png

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.