Thu, Sep 19, 9:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Gallery Images

Leije ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 4:02 AM

There is still a problem with the accented characters (for instance, when we speak french or spanish), in the previous site, we could read : "Renderosity speaks your language", is it not true now ?
รงa m'รฉnerve รฉnormรฉment ce problรจme!!!!!
And the answer to this question is just: YES or NO we will resolve this problem ????

Leije ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 4:03 AM

And the problem about the non-visible second or third pages of the comment page is not yet resolved !!!

jpiat ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 4:54 AM ยท edited Sat, 22 August 2015 at 4:57 AM

Still problem remains : I created a album. Impossible to select the album when I upload a render.

The size is there... I wait for the next upgrade to post old and new renders.

Leige : 99% of the people on earth speak english... it's a minor problem

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 7:22 AM

Aha! My Favourite pics have appeared in my gallery! Great!
And I now understand my favourite artists are called 'following', spooky. Never mind.
Now for the thumbnails (and ebots maybe)

caty77 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 8:13 AM

Why thumbnails are removed in the 2015 year? Today i look all my pictures of 2015 at the place of thumbnails (except for the last picture).
And i don't talk of the head of galleries; impossible to follow the order of publications.
No, the return of 4000 pixels is too late when i see the result of site. The next time, take beta testers and listen them.

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 9:12 AM

really happy with the new size limits. I was wondering why when one loads a new image, they have to go to what is new in order to make sure it is there.selecting your own artist name does not bring up recently up loaded images

longprong ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 9:48 AM ยท edited Sat, 22 August 2015 at 9:52 AM

So I have uploaded an image to test the new limits.
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/mables-rant-the-way-it-was-meant-to-be/2638054/
The image is sized to 4000 x 3035 but when I zoom the image it does not incease in size any more than the older image size
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/mable-rant-resize-test/2637511/

Am I being thick and missing something?

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 10:02 AM

@4222840 That's right, all images no matter what size was uploaded are shrunk to the 1200x1500 limits on Zoom and that includes all Previous uploads before the "Revolution".............supposedly they are working on fixing that, I'm holding my breath are you

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 10:02 AM

bodo_56 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 10:49 AM

Try to right-click the image and open in new tab or window ... how comfy ... 8=(

longprong ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 10:53 AM

Yes...got it....thanks to everybody who advised :)

JeniferC ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 11:01 AM

Yeah for now, the larger image is seen when doing a right click and show in a new window or new tab. But, we are working on adding a button for viewing the largest one.

The character limit in the gallery image text description has been significantly increased and the formatting issue has been fixed.

I'm not sure what you mean by "...are the texts we wrote in our original Favorite Artist choices gone for good?" Can you please give a detail of where that text used to be and where you believe it should be now?

The ebots should be fixed, but PLEASE be specific (image post from favorite artist, gallery comments, forum posts, FreeStuff comments?) on which ones you are missing if you still aren't receiving some. Many ebots were changed to show on your on your "Notifications" page and that is where you can see WHO is following you.

The accented character issues and not seeing the second or third pages of gallery comments are being worked on.
Your favorited/following list for who you are following and who is following you is on your "Profile" page.
Your favorited images are found when you go to your own gallery, and there is a "favorite" link there on the top left.
Your Notifications is where you can see who and when someone has commented on your gallery images.

ย 

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 11:14 AM

All great news!
I miss the ebots that told me when an image had been posted by a favourite artist the most.
I can manage without the others.
Will we be able to retrieve what we wrote on our profile page on the old site? Or do we start again?

JeniferC ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 11:50 AM

Old profile bio's are also on our list to do, so no need in starting again. Please watch your Notifications for any missing ebots.

ย 

anahata.c ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 12:14 PM

Jenifer:
By "the texts we wrote in our original Favorite Artist choices" I mean: When we fav'd an artist in the past---ie, to get their upload-ebots---some of us wrote texts of appreciation with our fav's. (Ie, "A great fractal artist, with a terrific sense of humor...") In the old RR "fav's" page, you saw our Favorite Artists in the left column, and our Favorite Images in the right column. In both columns, we had the option to write a text, to tell the artist why we fav'd them or why we fav'd their image: That's what I'm talking about. In the case of the Favorite Artist's list, anyone who wished to see why we chose that artist could read our comments. It was a nice way to share our feelings with the site.

This isn't an "essential" function, but for those of us who wrote appreciations in either column, those texts mattered to us. (Consider faving a single image: The little "I love what you did with your colors!" was an extra "thank you" that we passed along to the artist. And they'd get an ebot for our comment, and one for our fav, and our text showed up in the fav-ebot, so they didn't have to go to our gallery to see what we wrote.

At present, our Favorite Artists ("Following" in the new terminology, I think) is a drop down menu, without any text. And our Favorite Images is a big pastiche without any text. If RR wishes to remove those text functions, ok; but RR took away the text we'd written in the past. And for some of us, that was a little upsetting. Will the text function be restored eventually?

Finally, as others have noted: How do we see who fav'd our images, now? Is it in the notifications? We used to get ebots for: Gallery comments, fav'd images, and someone faving our gallery. Will we see those ebots return?

Thanks for doing this, Jenifer (and whoever else is involved). We really needed to hear from people like you. I appreciate it greatly. Mark

ย 

JeniferC ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 12:24 PM

Ok, I understand now about the comments on favorite artist and images. I'll have to talk to our team about this, and see if it will be brought back. I am not sure, but I think it wasn't used much and maybe why that didn't stay. So, I'll have to find out if that will be worked on.

To see your Favorite Images, go to your Gallery and there is a link at the top left for Favorites. Instead of ebots, many things like Gallery comments, members favoriting you, etc is on your Notifications page. From your Profile page, you can click on the Following and Followers numbers (mid page on right) to see the list of who is following you and who you are following.

ย 

anahata.c ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 1:09 PM

Thanks, Jenifer. I'll be sorry to see the fav-texts go, but I understand that it wasn't widely used. For what it's worth, I vote to keep it in, and there are some other artists who'd second that.

Re the Notifications page:
Can I assume the programmers are still working on that? I think you said, above, that we can find upload and other ebots on the Notifications page. When I went to my Notifications page---just now---all I saw was two "Followers" notifications, and nothing more. Is that still being fixed? If so, no problem. But if not, please know that it's not working in my case (and I assume in other cases as well.)

And, since all my Favorite Artists are listed in the "Following" drop-down window, I assume I don't have to re-do them all, right? Because, in the "Activity Feed" page, a number of my fav'd artists have uploaded this week, but their uploads are not in my Notifications page. Is that correct? If it is, I'll use that page instead. I think we just need to know which direction to turn.

Thanks again, Jenifer. We all appreciate that you're getting this fixed. Mark

ย 

JeniferC ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 1:30 PM

Sorry, the "images" posted by the artists you are following are listed in your activity page. https://www.renderosity.com/?activities On the right side there are icons to break it down between Marketplace, Gallery and FreeStuff activities.

ย 

anahata.c ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 1:51 PM ยท edited Sat, 22 August 2015 at 1:51 PM

Thanks Jenifer. So now I know to use the Activity Page for image uploads.

And---why even bother to have 2 steps for zooming an image? Why the 'middle ground'? Why not just make it one step: We zoom, we see the Full Size (ie, with scroll bars to indicate its size)? It would seem to be a lot easier to program, and to view.

Thanks again for helping us once more. Mark

ย 

anahata.c ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 2:15 PM

Jenifer -
This is an important point:
Many artists don't zoom because of the inconvenience. If we now have to zoom twice, even fewer will zoom.
It would be really good if the programmer's would return the 1 click zoom. Otherwise, we'll get even fewer Full Views.
(I can't imagine why they wanted 2 clicks.)

Thanks again.

ย 

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 2:18 PM

Regarding notifications etc, I have just turned off my PC and am now using an iPad for the evening. The set of buttons which include the notifications don't appear on the tablet as they do on the PC! So in order to see if anyone has commented I have to open the image. It doesn't matter much to me but as all these changes were meant to make RR tablet and phone friendly it seems a little odd.
Any way, I am thrilled that I managed to upload an image with the advent of the bigger pixel size, and I now eagerly await the auto thumbs.
Btw I asked a question in the wrong thread on the photography forum which I'll ask again here.

I subscribed to Gallery plus in order to upload more than one a day, and have been paying monthly so to do. Is this still necessary?
Thankyou for all your responses, so reassuring!

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 3:06 PM

I have a question about the Activity Feed. Can we get a posibility to delete the notifications about our favoritesยด upload, when we have commented on them? Otherwise the list will be ever so long and a waste of time for us, looking through a long list to find date that we reached to comment on last time. And it is a waste of space for RR, if they stay there forever. Sometimes there can go days, where I canยดt comment, but later I try to catch up, but it would be difficult to remember, to where I came the last time, because the old uploads are still there. Hope you understand what I mean. English is only my second language.

GrandmaT ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 3:17 PM

I am thrilled that the images size issue and the word count and formatting have been resolved. My question is how to get more than one vendor credited? I just posted an image and no matter what I did, it would only let me put in one vendor. I know how to list more than one item for a given vendor but how do you get past the first entry to go to the next one?

Question 2: Will the number of image uploads we've done ever return? Thanks for all the hard work you're doing to fix things.

anahata.c ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 3:26 PM

Ditto both Helle and GrandmaT!!!

Re Helle's remark (helanker): Yes---the list can become overwhelming. This is why ebots were so manageable. It really is a meaningful point, and I hope the programmers will consider it.

Re GrandmaT's remark: I haven't even mentioned this, because there was so much else to mention.
But the number of image uploads was a real treat, because when someone reached 500 images, we could all celebrate. Or the artist could say: "This is my 1000th image!" If you look through the galleries, you'll see many artists who celebrate every 100th or 200th or 1000th image. Is it necessary? No. But it makes this place more human and more warm. Can you return that to our galleries?

ย 

A_Joker_B ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 4:33 PM

I've seen alot of issues addressed. Things which really shouldn't have caused a point of contention in the first place, but what I haven't seen addressed is the way our images are displayed (please point me to the post if this has). There's something to be said when the gallery looks on a desktop like a page of images vomited onto the screen, jammed together like bad teeth - I would like to know if there will be an option for a display of uniform thumbnails as per old site? I personally find this important if you happen to be posting a sequence of images to be seen in a particular order.

(And no, I don't think an acceptable option would be to remake thumbnails to the same size for all my images)

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 8:32 PM ยท edited Sat, 22 August 2015 at 8:33 PM

WOW, great, the fifth day and you are still talking about this crap here? Nothing fixed until now? Really great. Stop the site, delete it and upload the backup of the old site and start the site. Where the hell is the problem Renderosity?

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 8:35 PM ยท edited Sat, 22 August 2015 at 8:36 PM

Sorry, just saw that the image size got fixed :) so a bit has changed in five days, cool, thumbs up.

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 8:47 PM

Hmm, fixed eh? Just uploaded a new image but it appears just in the gallery, not in MY gallery. Fixings problems here at Renderosity need some fixings so it seems.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 8:53 PM

Hey @cosmo-- so, when you upload a photo, it's not in your own gallery?

Thanks!

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 8:56 PM ยท edited Sat, 22 August 2015 at 8:57 PM

Slowly but surely I belvieve that your programers are real idiots. Instead of making everything easier, you are making things more complicated and confusing and not working right. 5 days and the only thing that seems to be fixed is the image size, great, but how get I an uploaded image to MY gallery? It shows not up in MY gallery.

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 8:58 PM

@4223066

No, it is in the gallery (in which one I don`t know), but if I visit MY gallery it is not there.

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 8:58 PM

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 9:01 PM

You can see it in gallery "what`s new" but it did not appear in MY gallery. The name of the image is "DX - Dixie in the streets of London"

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 9:08 PM

now it is there, why does it take so long?

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 9:15 PM

Well, now I need two clicks to see the image in the original size, bravo. On the old page I need just one (easier, what?) But okay.

Other thing is, your site has become so cluttered and confusing it isn`t fun anymore. 10 or 15 minutes I am on your site right now and I have enough.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 9:54 PM

That's really odd. I wonder why that's the case. When you upload the image, are you using Chrome?

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 12:05 AM ยท edited Sun, 23 August 2015 at 12:07 AM

There is Lag, the upload shows up immediately in the Main Gallery in What's New but It takes a while to show in the Section(Poser/Fractals/Daz whatever) and your own personal Gallery but they do eventually show up. It's only a few minutes from my experience and it seems placement is faster today than last night.
I am using Opera a Chrome based Browser.

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 1:27 AM

That's correct, Hope. I addressed this in another thread last night. When I upload an image, it shows up fairly quickly on the "what's new" page (or whatever that's called), but it can take as much as half an hour before it shows up in my own gallery or on the Photography Gallery page. I'm not exaggerating, and that isn't a typo. I timed it a couple days ago, and it was 30 minutes before I could see my image on my own gallery page. Last night it took only 20 minutes.

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."ย  ...ย  Robert Capa

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 2:48 AM

A couple of years back, you made a addition to the gallerty, ALBUM. I tried to use it but it never really got me, because i could only add NEW to the albums, unless I edited all my more than 2000 images one by one in a new album. Now we can atleast create a new album, just like that. BUT I would be dead of age, before I had moved all my images into the rioght albums.. We badly need a way to drag our images into the albums. And not by editing an image one byu one. So this lbum function is only good for NEW members.

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 3:12 AM

Ok, now I suddently can not edit my own text????????????? OK lets try again:

A couple of years back, you made a addition to the gallerty, ALBUM, which made me very happy. I tried to use it but it never really got me, because i could not add old images to the albums, unless I edited all my more than 2000 images one by one in a new album. Disappointing. Now we can atleast create a new album, just like that. BUT I would be dead of age, before I had edited all my images into the right albums.. We badly need a way to drag our images into the albums. And not by editing an image one by one. So this album function is only good for NEW members. How about making a little photostream in the album page and make it possible to drag old images to the albums this way and the let it autogenerate a new album name at the same time, Just like in FLICKR?

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 3:29 AM

I have four albums but can't add anything new to them as they don't appear in the dropdown on the upload page.

AND PLEASE will someone tell me who (and how) to contact regarding the Gallery plus 5$ an month fee that Renderosity has been taking from me via credit card until July 2015, even though Anahata informs me that this became unnecessary some years ago. I should like my money back. It may be my fault that I didn't see an announcement but that does not excuse the continuation of my subscription.I should have been told!

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 3:30 AM

Why cant we edit text in comments or here?
Flickr has that facility.

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 3:39 AM ยท edited Sun, 23 August 2015 at 3:42 AM

Andrea, I think the text edit is broken. It worked before, in this new update.
edit2.jpg

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 3:41 AM

It seems to work only for a few minutes.

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 3:54 AM

Forgot to mention, that when I have edites a photo to another album than before, the change doesnt show up right away, even though I updat my browser, by pressing ctrl F5. Yesterday I waited and waited, but went to bed tired of waiting. This morning it was eventually updated. How come it is that slow???? I sincerely hope that will change too. It costs alot of confusion, on the doubt that I did it right and so.... I can not be the only one and I can imagine, alot of members are trying again and again on the same attempt, which could cost more unnecessary activity and chaos ?

BTW. A good thing in here is, that i can jjust drag a picture into this box. I LOVE that. Thank you SMIL.jpg

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 5:42 AM

@4223079

no, firefox, well It was in the gallery as written under "what`s new" but it took several minutes until it was also in my own gallery. A bit strange but okay, the main thing is that it will apear in my gallery :)

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 5:42 AM

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 5:44 AM

other question, is the market place okay, or do I have to expect problems if buying something?

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 5:48 AM

Once more to the upload issue. Well, which browser one uses should make no difference for uploads. If an image is uploaded and visible at your site (main gallery/what`s new) it is your thing that it will appear in ones own gallery minutes later, not a browser problem.

cosmo71 ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 5:54 AM

But okay, you have made a u-turn on image size restrictions and so I and also Dixie are back at your site and gallery :)

Well to click twice to see the image in original size is the same at daz, that is a thing I can life with :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.