Thu, Sep 19, 7:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:12 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Gallery Images

Frequency3D ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 8:21 AM
Online Now!

Thinking I'm going to spend some time today throwing likes at stuff I really like... there is some wonderful stuff here after all. :)

Frequency Gallery  |  Frequency Store

Domi48 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 8:44 AM

Same as razor42! I don't need recommended images (Amazon and others recommand also things to buy...), I'm adult.
Where are all my favorite artists?
No more messages when comments are posted? when images are posted?
Today, for me, it's time to wait...
I can't find a place to put technical details about a photo.
Etc.
Good luck.

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 9:09 AM

I can only hope it's still being fixed. The look of it all is ... OK. Like the "bigger" size view, and quality seems decent, but no option for an auto-generated thumbnail means I won't be uploading, that's just too much work. No ebots of any type yet and it's hard to figure out where to find stuff. The whole upload process is bumpy, I gave up halfway through. Not really pleased with the "smartphone" appearance of the whole thing, not my idea of what I'm here for and I DON'T look at anything online on my phone, why bother to have a good camera and worry about quality if it's only going to be seen on a tiny screen? I'll keep watching this place, but if it doesn't get fixed soon I'll be elsewhere.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 9:34 AM

Frequency: one would think that a site change this big would have gone through at least some beta testing and focus groups. And the biggest question hanging in the air is: why change something that didnt need it in the first place?

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 9:41 AM

I'll be in a holding pattern for a while, but I do not hold out much hope. Yes it was a big change, but was it necessary?? Rendo does this on an average of every 18 months to 2 years. And every time it takes 6 - 8 months to fix all the bugs. I'm sure the admins are reading the forums, but I have little faith that this site will ever be what it was.

Someone made the comment that we go to the marketplace and buy high quality products, then spend hours creating high quality images. Then Renderosity rewards us for being dedicated customers and members by slapping us in the face with the new ridiculous gallery image size restriction?? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to put all that work into something just to have it crammed into a cellphone style format at 1200 X 1600. It's a slap in the face, and I'm tired of turning the other cheek.

I'll give it a couple weeks to see what happens. But if they don't restore the previous gallery image size, I'll not be posting anything here again. And I'll NOT be spending another dime in the marketplace.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

CoyoteSeven ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 9:51 AM

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm really not keen on this new layout, seems a lot harder to navigate.
The picture size doesn't effect me too much, since most of my renders are 1000x1000 at the most.

I'm bombarded with enough advertisements throughout the course of my day... I really don't like the full page, "in your face" format now in place.
The previous sidebar was/is better... it let me see new/featured products without intruding on mine and my fellow artists work.

We'll see how things progress... like Cosmo, if it doesn't get better I'll be finding new places to move.
Time will tell... ... ...

Frequency3D ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 9:53 AM
Online Now!

It's funny, because I (amongst many other I am sure) use a widescreen 17" laptop.

So for the laptop, the smartphone optimized layout is more or less the opposite of what is needed. I'm thinking that most of the users and customers here are artists who would spend more time on a computer than on a phone. As far as social media integration, it is more important to be able to forward images to other social media sites that ARE smartphone optimized for good reasons, than having Renderosity itself being a smartphone site. Im also thinking people are more likely to be on their computer than on their phone when shopping from the marketplace. Of course neither Poser or DAZ Studio can be used on a smartphone, so someone who does not own a computer would not be using them or shopping in the marketplace.

CoyoteSeven ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:10 AM

Something tells me the powers at Rendo are going to stick with this "new and improved" format with the attitude
of "if you don't like it, there's the exit door... don't let it hit ya' where the good Lord split ya".

Just my 2% of the US dollar.

Frequency3D ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:32 AM · edited Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:32 AM
Online Now!

That doesn't make much sense though, since keeping users and customers here happy is the main source of income for Renderosity. Even external advertising revenues are affected by this, in the long run. Vendors have concerns too. So if it is really important, it must be fixed. Perhaps not as fast as people would like if workarounds or additional coding is required.

And this is where I have no idea... how much time/work would it take for instance to have the original gallery image size restrictions in place, but with code that downsizes images to smartphone size? Or even to have a smartphone only version of the site alongside the regular site?

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:55 AM

You mean "fixed" like the numerous issues with the last website build?

caty77 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 11:18 AM

Congratulations renderosity! You broken our own site.
For me, it's you don't change for better quickly, it's the end of my gallery? I'll remove many of pictures.
If we must tell all problems on the site??? But it's a list without end.
More we say "no" too your propositions (like last year), more you decide to do the worse. Like always.

Consider this: people like post on galleries. And they buy because they're happy to use the material.
Now, no possibility to post good work. Who can be enjoy with new site?
By this way, who want buy in your marketplace?

I saw all the long of day people who talk to change of site. Purely and simply.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 12:02 PM

Hi everyone--

Thanks for all your feedback! Please note I'm taking all suggestions/issues into consideration.

As of right now, please bear with us in terms of the gallery images. Your gallery hasn't been deleted or "gone forever," it will resurface, so don't panic. We're working through that and hope to sort that out soon.

We're working out the kinks, so please be patient and bear with us while we work through the issues. We appreciate your continued dedication to our website!

Thanks SO much!

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

CoyoteSeven ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 12:44 PM · edited Tue, 18 August 2015 at 12:56 PM

I'm going out on a limb here and have come to the following conclusions:

1. Most people despise/loath/hate the new image size restrictions.
  2. Most people despise/loath/hate the new smart phone type layout.
    (I'm going to go as far as to estimate 95% (+/- 1%) of us access this site via desktop/laptop computer)
  3. Most people see this "upgrade" as unnecessary/unwanted/unneeded and the person(s) responsible
    for this atrocity were suffering from an acute case of cranialrectumosis.
  4. Many artists AND vendors (in numerous threads) are considering/have considered moving to other locations.

Perhaps the Powers That Be may wish to consider these observations.

Just my 2% of the US Dollar...

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:15 PM

Amen CoyoteSeven, why produce High quality Hi Res imagery to display it on a site that only cares about Smartphone or Tablet screen sizes, can't even post Images that are Wallpaper size for most Monitors these days of 1920x1080.....where do you think 1080p comes from, pretty much Industry Standard these days ya know.....cranialrectumosis is right.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

cosmo71 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:21 PM · edited Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:27 PM
  1. undo the image size restrictions
  2. undo the force to upload a thumbnail. At the old gallery a thumbnail was created automatically if none was uploaded.
  3. don`t delete everything one has entered on the upload page if one has made a mistake or forgot something so one has to enter all new.

but mainly I criticize the upload restrictions for image size. Old images of my gallery are still huge, why new uploads have to be smaller? That makes no sence to me.

The look of the site, well that is not so bad, but as many others have written. Most of us using widescreen monitors and PCs or labtobs with widescreen monitors and not phones or tablets. If you want to be also on phones and tablets, create a phone and tablet suitable side nexto the original site. I think we all have spend enough money at the store so money can`t be a problem.

cheekyelf ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:38 PM

Well i don't like the new layout,I prefer the old one,this one is a lot slower & I can't find things like I used to.I shall be a member a while longer but if there is no improvement,I will be saying bye bye.

Frequency3D ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:39 PM · edited Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:39 PM
Online Now!

Hehe, 10-15 years ago, websites and image sizes were getting larger and the phones smaller. Now it seems to be the other way around... it seems like a step backwards sometimes!

Let's get back to tiny phones and fat computers. ;) At least fat 3D renders...

f50840d9b80cc992bac033c26c7699fd.jpg

goldie ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:57 PM

Not sure about the new gallery layout. Sort of messy looking. I never can understand why the burning need to keep "improving." The site now runs like molasses for me.

Also, would someone kindly lit me know how to get my description of an image to run the full width of the text box. Also, is it possible to get paragraphs in that text box? My description is all scrunched up width wise and no paragraphs. Ugh.

CoyoteSeven ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 2:09 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I know what you mean Frequency... my cell is an original Jitterbug.
It makes/receives calls, no camera, no apps, no voicemail (costs extra and I'm a cheap old fart).
It's about 75% the size of a pack of cigarettes (100s length) and works flawlessly with the original battery.
I also have various hand tools (NOT electric) over 50 years old that perform better and last longer than modern ones (both manual and electric).
My favorite vehicle is a '89 Chevy S10 that still runs as good as the day I drove it off the lot.

To paraphrase the late comedian George Carlin (I think it was him), "does new and improved mean the previous stuff was old and s****y?".

Things that make you go hmmmmmm...

cosmo71 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 2:20 PM

New and improved, well in 1969 they landed on the moon (if you belvieve that) and today they are unable to create a spacecraft and a lander. That is what NASA has said not I.

Seems the more development makes progress the progess makes less development.

Frequency3D ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 2:23 PM
Online Now!

George Carlin is awesome... my phone has all the 'stuff' but I wanted an unbreakable one so I chose a special model with a screen that is too small for the 'stuff'. :P

I don't use the 'stuff' on the phone because 99% of the time I at my laptop...

caty77 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 2:24 PM

In the french forum it's the mess. If we use special characters with accents, we play to riddles.
For example:
"Ah et bien s�r admirez si vous en avez l'occasion le d�sastre des "caract�res sp�ciaux""
But messages before the desaster of 'revolution' have always special characters?

And if we look this topic from the forum, we see only 2 pages, not 3.
Who is stupid webmaster?

CoyoteSeven ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 2:45 PM

Looks like the e-mail bot is still FUBAR... in the last approximately 4 hours, 5 of my favorite artists and lots of notifications to this forum are not showing in my inbox. 😭

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 2:52 PM

If indeed this has been designed for a smartphone, then sorry, but that's absurd. We dont use Poser or Studio on a smartphone. We use it on a computer, either a laptop or a desktop. I've accessed the old version of the site on a tablet with absolutely no issues; anything smaller than that is really forcing the tail to wag the dog.

I"m sorry, Hope, but this is the most pin-headed "improvement" you guys have ever made. You're forcing the site onto technology that it wasnt meant for, and now to shoehorn it on there just so you can seem al edgy 'n' stuff is simply compounding the error. If people are coming here on smart devices, it's not to be a full participant but a casual spectator. Is that really what you want?

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

CoyoteSeven ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 2:58 PM

Two words about the travesty that has happened here:

😨 NEW COKE 😨

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat its mistakes.

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 3:13 PM

Everybody is assuming this has been redesigned for smart phones. While I'm having plenty of trouble on my computer with the new website, on my iPhone it's absolutely unusable. Has anybody but me actually LOOKED at RR on their smart phone?? It's like looking through binoculars at something that's three feet in front of you.

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

CoyoteSeven ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 3:24 PM

If the new format is crap on smart phones, then said users should also join the crusade to fix or revert back to previous layout this atrocity.

CoyoteSeven ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 3:59 PM

Perhaps I'll check back in a few days to see if this SNAFU of a FUBAR BOHICA has been fixed.
Meanwhile, I'm going to fire up WoW and take out my frustrations by decimating Alliance with my Tauren Deathknight... ... ...

LOK'TAR OGAR, FOR THE HORDE!!!

cosmo71 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 4:16 PM · edited Tue, 18 August 2015 at 4:30 PM

My new gallery at DAZ:

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/10548/

you can search also for artist at the gallery : cosmo71

all the new images are under "cosmo71 main gallery" there is also a "child gallery" with older renders (not all unfortunatelly, too much of them). If you find my gallery there on another way, just click on "cosmo71 main gallery" on top right side.

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 5:28 PM

@4220357
Hope: The problem (at least from my - and many others') standpoint is not the concern over existing images being lost. I would hope all of us have the originals backed up - I know I do. What really amazes and discourages us is the completely UNREASONABLE image size limitation of 1200 X 1500 pixels. That is just ludicrous. Rendo has the best marketplace of all the CG sites on the web, IMHO. But why do I want to purchase one of Dreamland Model's amazing - and huge - sets for 25.00, spend 2 weeks making everything in the artwork the best it can be, then crush it down to a size where you can barely see the details??? Stop and think about it - how would YOU feel??? We are ARTISTS on this site! We want to create something beautiful and have it SEEN! Without using a magnifying glass. WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT???? What Rendo has done is given its membership (and CUSTOMERS) a huge slap in the face. And I for one, am tired of turning the other cheek.

The image size used to be 4000 X 4000 maximum. If Rendo still gives a half a damn about this community, please please, please reinstate the image size.

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 5:28 PM

darth_paul99 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 5:37 PM

All of my gallery images are now blurry and look awful, also I do not like that you are not providing the option for an auto-thumbnail now. If this doesn't change then as others have said before me, that is a deal-breaker for me and I will leave.

mazzam ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 5:46 PM

Took three tries to get a successful upload. It seemed to be failing on a product reference. Entries were being posted with no image, no thumbnail and two out of three product references. No error message on failed uploads, just a while screen. Unacceptable by any measure of system design. Upload succeeded when I cut back to just one product reference. New system seems too unstable for operational use, in my opinion.

beachsidelegs ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 5:51 PM

I am up the river without a paddle TOTALLY LOST I am out of here until it is all sorted and I guess by looking at what has happened that is going to take some time.

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 6:01 PM

Fantasy Attic has just increased their gallery file size to 3000 X 3000 pixels @ 1500MB. Get a clue, Rendo....

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 6:31 PM

I used to be a member at Fantasy Attic years ago, time to look again I guess

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 7:34 PM

That should be 3000 X 3000 at 1500 KB (1.46 MB) - my bad....

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 7:41 PM

@4220509 Yeah, Tara, I've looked at it a couple times on my iPads...... It looks just like it does on my computer - and sucks just as much.

I'm leaving my gallery here for now, and I may post the first frame of each new TNA page with a link to where it can actually be SEEN as intended. But unless they recant on the ludicrous new image size, I'll be posting elsewhere. I'm pretty much done here.

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 7:41 PM

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 9:02 PM

I am happy with the fact that the individual Galleries seem intact again and divided into pages instead of the endless scrolling affair but I have noticed that the Stats for Image Views are only correct back through July this year. I'm missing some 150,000+ image views going back from the end of June this year through 2008 are they gone forever, if so then WOW! That really sucks.............

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 9:44 PM

Hey! I actually got a bot in my email that someone had responded to this thread!

And in other news tonight, we now have page numbers in our galleries. Still no usable search function, but page numbers are good.

I'm reserving judgment, waiting for the search function to come back.

Tara

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

wysiwig ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:09 PM

I just checked my smart phone and was able to see the gallery images with no problems. HOWEVER, during my 30 years in the aerospace industry I had occasion to work on construction of a number of web sites. In my industry we NEVER released web software until it had been thoroughly tested, de-bugged and tried by test volunteers. The idea that "we will fix it in post production" is costly and just doesn't work. What we are experiencing now on this site suggests that someone took shortcuts. I do not doubt the good intentions of the staff of Rendorosity or their ability to fix the problems people are experiencing. But by the time they do this people may be so pissed off it will not make any difference. Food for thought the next you guys make "improvements" to the site.

Roco43 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 11:52 PM

This horrible new gallery is an awful mess. Why the smaller image format size as it does not suit all of my artwork?. I seem to have lost around 60,000 views!..What's happened to friends?...Why havent I received any email comments since the change?...How do I know when an artist I follow posts a new image?
Not impressed with these changes and they will certainly lessen my posting until Rendo revert to the old sysyem, a system that wasn't perfect but at least it worked....

DustRider ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 12:26 AM

Hopefully the gallery issues will actually get fixed fairly soon. As others have noted, the current restrictions on image sizes make it highly unlikely I will post any new images. It's also sad to see my (and others) gallery stats so messed up. I know I worked for years to get my stats to where they were, now they are just a mess. I'm not averse to change if it is for the better. So far it would seem that the the changes are a significant downgrade.

Rendo used to be my favorite place, but the ongoing problems with both the galleries and the forums had made it number 3 on my list - and that was before this "upgrade". Hopefully things get sorted out and fixed quickly.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 2:27 AM

"Recommended artist for you" - so I looked. Why were they recommended? Quite apart from the fact that a couple of them were posting images that were, to me, unpleasant. In the first four I looked at there was in fact nothing of interest to me and no clue as to why someone should recommend them to me.

And if I want pix of naked ladies I can create them myself, thank you, though I rarely do, or I can visit other sites where they are more readily available. Not that I do nowadays; joints may stiffen as one gets older but some other bits of the body don't ...

But at least we have page numbers back; thank you; and the irrelevant adverts don't seem so frequent.

renecyberdoc ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 2:31 AM

the 1000 character limit as well is a joke,and to add more than one vendor in the credits seems not to work at all.i quit for the time beeing,i want fun for my money (and i am a big customer) but if this goes on i will cancel my prime ,my wifes gallery plus and not spend any dime here anymore!!!!this pisses me off big time as i considered rosity to be my second home!!!i am very upset.

helanker ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 2:33 AM

Take a look at my new avatar. Isnt is interesting? If anybody should wonder what on earth it is, I can tell you it is the first frame of an animation, that got lost now. >:-/

Domi48 ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 2:57 AM

Sorry to insist, but:
-I don't find my favorites artists;
-of course, i don't know what they post or comment; I feel suddenly lost in my tiny village, as if communications were cut...
-once more, I don't want to be bored by recommended images;
-huge scrolling is not really practical;
-of course, we have to make practice i we want to post a correct image...
-surfing in the new version of the site seems (today) a little bit.. not comfortable.
Etc

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 3:01 AM · edited Wed, 19 August 2015 at 3:04 AM

@4220424
Agree with all your points. Have just had three goes at uploading.

And where do I find the list of my favourite artists and those who chose me as a favourite artist?
It is, at times, like wading through treacle ...
I think I shall go and lie down for half-an-hour or so.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 3:04 AM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.