Mon, Sep 23, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 1:55 pm)

Subject: CANNOT IMPORT ITEMS I BOUGHT FROM RENDEROSITY

icebreaker69 ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2015 at 5:54 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 5:31 PM

HELLO... I'VE PURCHASED GENESIS 2 MODELS FROM RENDEROSITY THAT WERE MEANT FOR DAZ3D. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DOWNLOAD ANY ITEM FROM THIS SITE. I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR A DETAILED BREAKDOWN OF HOW WHAT I BUY FROM THIS SITE CAN BE DOWNLOADED INTO DAZ3D THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP ANYONE CAN OFFER

LPR001 ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2015 at 6:33 AM

Hi icebreaker69 If you click on your Renderosity profile picture up on top right of screen and choose - My Account it will open up and show your purchases. Download the Zip file/s to your chosen location (Default is usually Downloads unless you have it set to an external drive etc.) when complete unzip folder to C:UsersYourComputerNameDocumentsDAZ 3DStudioMy Library * Just your regular Document folder you see where you normally see Documents, Pictures, Music, Video when you click on the folder icon Once done you will find your products in your 'Content Library' In your Daz software.

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2015 at 3:46 PM

Check that the zip doesn't contain a My Library or Content folder at the root - you want to merge the Data and Runtime foldres, and any other folders at the same level, with those already in your content directory - the My Library folder by default.

malwat ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2015 at 9:58 AM

I usually unzip to a specific 'unzipped' folder, keeping the basic name of the original file (to check I have actually unzipped rather than simply downloaded). I then copy the resulting files across to My Library, but check that they are in a vaguely similar structure first. You can have (say) Runtime/Runtime folders, but it is best to avoid it if you can. I have some, mainly due (I think) to ignorance when beginning. You will probably be asked about whether to save or discard duplicate license files. I usually say keep both as they are for different makers and products usually. Mind, finding the right license can then be a fag if you are so minded. If new to this, and therefore able to be sensible rather than wildly excitably enthusiastic, I recommend immediately renaming the relevant license to reflect the specific package, but it's up to you.

Malwat

Getting younger by the day; getting older by the minute....

johnny_damnit ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2015 at 11:51 AM · edited Fri, 02 October 2015 at 11:53 AM

I have a similar question. Do I just send a copy of the Content folder from the older Daz to My Library folder so i can get to old V4 stuff?

jestmart ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2015 at 12:09 PM

Don't extract the "Content", "My Library" or "My DAZ3D Library" folders, extract the files and folders inside them.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2015 at 4:10 PM

Victoria (and Michael) 4 morphs, if they are using ExP (that is, if they require the DzCreateExPFiles-v4 script to be run) have to go to the same content directory as the base figure.

johnny_damnit ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2015 at 1:10 PM

I extracted all the the files and folders out of my old content folder and put them in my new library. I just can not find or load them in my Daz|Studio 4.8 Pro.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2015 at 3:26 PM

What folders do you have set as Poser/DAZ Studio content directories, what and exactly where are some of the files you should see but don't, and where in DS are you looking for them?

cschell ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 8:40 PM · edited Tue, 06 October 2015 at 8:41 PM

I don't know if this will help but I wrote a tutorial on setting things up so you can use Poser content in DAZ Studio... https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2889603

Of specific note to pay attention to are the types of Poser items listed that will and won't work in DS...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.