Wed, Sep 18, 11:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Acceptable Characters

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2016 at 9:14 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:48 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity, violence

This is complicated for me to try n explain what I'm asking ,so bear with me.

I have some boards of other Artist at https://www.pinterest.com/rorrkonn/ and I see stuff I've never seen here. Especially on the games ,mage ,monsters ,scifi ,warrior. boards.

Not the old game characters but the newer game characters are pretty smooth.

Poser characters are very smooth.

So here's my question.

Do we only accept very smooth characters ?

or

Do we accept pretty smooth characters,If they cool ,original , ?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/243687029817092000/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/243687029816910215/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/243687029817092018/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/243687029817092006/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/243687029816997634/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/243687029817092108/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/243687029817089328/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/243687029817020952/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/243687029817020944/

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2016 at 4:33 PM

72 views n not one response.why no responses ?

Did you not understand what I'm asking ? or something else ?

let me know

Thanks

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2016 at 4:40 PM · edited Sun, 26 June 2016 at 4:40 PM

For me... Viewing images on Pinterest, where I am not a member, is a pain in the arse, because of the annoying "sign up now" box that appears in the middle of a darkened screen.

I don't know which, of all the page full of images, you are asking about.

I don't fully understand what you mean about "Very smooth". If you mean high-ish poly, then yes, they are by and large what people are looking for. There are a few here who would disagree but not many. Given the size and power of most users' rigs now, low poly is not really necessary. Anyhow, blocky figures with obvious poly areas look butt ugly. If you mean something else, then what?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2016 at 5:30 PM

Thanks SamTherapy

ya I was asking about polycount.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2016 at 9:00 PM

Keep in mind that one can easily convert a lo-poly figure to Poser Unimesh, and subdivide as needed...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2016 at 1:40 AM · edited Mon, 27 June 2016 at 1:42 AM

WandW posted at 2:28AM Mon, 27 June 2016 - #4273826

Keep in mind that one can easily convert a lo-poly figure to Poser Unimesh, and subdivide as needed...

I hear what ya saying about the SubD's and it is a option.

Guess the options are

1 make characters modeled like Rosetta

2 make characters modeled like V3

3 make characters modeled like V5

4 make characters modeled like V5 low poly count mesh n SubD it.

the problem is to make characters like these are a trick n every time you add hi poly count or SubD's makes them way more complicated and a lot more time to make.& requires a lot more skill.

001.jpg

002.jpg

ghostship2 ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2016 at 9:24 AM

Those two images look more like they are Photoshop paintings rather than 3d renderings.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2016 at 10:12 AM

ghostship2 posted at 11:06AM Mon, 27 June 2016 - #4273882

Those two images look more like they are Photoshop paintings rather than 3d renderings.

a lot of pinterest ,deviant art is multiple mediums but wouldn't it be cool to have monsters something like that for Poser ?

TheRealWorld ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2016 at 2:27 PM

RorrKonn, why are you using crap like Pinterest when you already have a DA page? There's a reason they block images unless you sign up (datamining) :-P

Anyway, about your question. Some of the software out there is so good now that it seems to be more like a choice between what you're making than anything else. If it's a close-up of a nude you'll want smooth no doubt. But for things like monsters, beasts, and warriors with spikey-looking armour you can easily get away with the low poly stuff now I reckon. Especially since Vector Displacement technology arrived. It's pretty amazing how much detail you can get from a low-poly when using stuff like Vector Displacement.

bantha ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2016 at 4:36 PM

I would like to try those models, but that would mean that someone would have to rig them. I guess that they don't work in Poser yet?

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2016 at 6:06 PM

TheRealWorld posted at 6:53PM Mon, 27 June 2016 - #4273917

RorrKonn, why are you using crap like Pinterest when you already have a DA page? There's a reason they block images unless you sign up (datamining) :-P

Anyway, about your question. Some of the software out there is so good now that it seems to be more like a choice between what you're making than anything else. If it's a close-up of a nude you'll want smooth no doubt. But for things like monsters, beasts, and warriors with spikey-looking armour you can easily get away with the low poly stuff now I reckon. Especially since Vector Displacement technology arrived. It's pretty amazing how much detail you can get from a low-poly when using stuff like Vector Displacement.

I singed up to Pinterest cause when I google ,monsters,warriors,babes etc etc a lot of the .jpgs where on Pinterest. I know it's data mining but they have links to the mined sights . Led me to some cool sights.

Vector Displacement is killer but i'm not sure what versions of Poser n Daz support it ,if any version . there normals n displacements could be improved ;)

ya making nude girls ,not on the top of my to do list being we all ready have at least 10 all ready.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2016 at 6:22 PM

bantha posted at 7:19PM Mon, 27 June 2016 - #4273941

I would like to try those models, but that would mean that someone would have to rig them. I guess that they don't work in Poser yet?

For Poser ,If they where only as smooth as 1 or 2 would you still want them ? or do all your models half to be as smooth as 3 ?

000s3.jpg

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2016 at 9:22 PM

By that last picture, they would probably have to be two or three, after sub or smoothing or whatever.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2016 at 1:44 AM

Thanks for the input Ghost of macbeth

tonyvilters ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2016 at 4:54 AM

Load obj files in Poser with Smoothing set at crease angle 180° on all groups. Then set the Subd to level1. The result is all smooth flowing obj files.

I am working on a tutorial on how to get high to ultra high sculpted figures in low to medium poly Poser figures. Once you know the trick? it is dead simple to do so. And at render time? Yu can set the figures that are close to the camera to fine detail, and the figures in the distance to low detail to keep render time under control..

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2016 at 8:15 AM

tonyvilters posted at 9:14AM Tue, 28 June 2016 - #4273982

Load obj files in Poser with Smoothing set at crease angle 180° on all groups. Then set the Subd to level1. The result is all smooth flowing obj files.

I am working on a tutorial on how to get high to ultra high sculpted figures in low to medium poly Poser figures. Once you know the trick? it is dead simple to do so. And at render time? Yu can set the figures that are close to the camera to fine detail, and the figures in the distance to low detail to keep render time under control..

Feel free to post your tutorial ,right here :)

TheRealWorld ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2016 at 12:05 PM · edited Tue, 28 June 2016 at 12:10 PM

RorrKonn posted at 12:03PM Tue, 28 June 2016 - #4273956

ya making nude girls ,not on the top of my to do list being we all ready have at least 10 all ready.

Sounds like a fun project, so don't forget to post the result :-D

I think 3D-Coat and ZBrush have Vector Displacement, but I'm not sure which others have it.

Vaskania ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2016 at 12:28 PM

Mudbox can use and create vector displacement maps as well.

-----sig-----
Daz, Blender, Affinity, Substance, Unity, Python, C#

tonyvilters ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2016 at 3:46 PM

Poser can use:

Bump maps and Normal maps. => These give only a "visual 3D effect", as they actually do nothing in 3D. Displacement maps => that actually move the mesh IN and OUT at map pixel level. => the higher resolution the map, the more detail one can get. But a displacement map can come through poking clothing.

For all maps there are the same limitations. You really do not see that well whet you are doing until render time. And? You have to work around the seams. And some of these maps have issues with one or more render engines.

What I am working on is a "GAME CHANGING PROCEDURE", that works in all of Posers render engines, from Preview to SuperFly.

The end uses has FULL control during the creation, and afterwards also FULL CONTROL in Poser. And? ? ? ? They are dead easy to adapt if required, AND they go in clothing if required.

tonyvilters ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2016 at 5:16 PM

Here is the link to the video, but I will start a new tread. Higher detail on Poser figures: The easy way.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2016 at 12:58 AM

If I got any of this wrong ,Correct me. but It goes some thing like this.

zBrush created Displacement maps 2001,Sméagol from LOTR was are introduction to Displacement maps .

MudBox created Vector Maps in 2014.

Vector Displacement: Zbrush, Mudbox & Maya Workflow Explained

Vectors Maps are colored n have under cuts. Displacement Maps are black n white n cant do under cuts.

Cool tutorial tonyvilters.

TheRealWorld Where starting with boots ,they say you can't start at the top ;) .First post Friday n all other versions will follow. Where experimenting with polycount n maps for your all's approval or disapproval.

tonyvilters ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2016 at 7:30 AM

And here a follow-up video demo: Detailing Poser figures, combining 2 different procedures.

Best regards and have fun using the Poser tools.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2016 at 2:12 AM

tonyvilters posted at 3:12AM Thu, 30 June 2016 - #4274102

And here a follow-up video demo: Detailing Poser figures, combining 2 different procedures.

Best regards and have fun using the Poser tools.

Cool Stuff Tony ,This will be helpful :)

jura11 ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2016 at 9:24 PM

Not sure there,but I would suspect they're as above been painted or they're used ZBrush for modelling them,over on Pixologic or Polycount forums there are WIP and some their works are just awesome there

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2016 at 8:27 PM

jura11 posted at 9:24PM Fri, 15 July 2016 - #4275896

Not sure there,but I would suspect they're as above been painted or they're used ZBrush for modelling them,over on Pixologic or Polycount forums there are WIP and some their works are just awesome there

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

I'd like to make some awesome characters for us. :)

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2016 at 8:27 PM

I wanted to look at the video Tony but it isn't there. Can you tell us more about your new system? Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.