Thu, Sep 19, 9:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:32 am)

Subject: Genesis 3 Female Belly Button Bug

inthesky ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2017 at 2:41 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:19 PM

Hi there I'm haveing an issue with Genesis 3 Female im working on a character to sell. but im haveing problems with G3F belly button. So i've made the morphs in hexagon and sent them to Daz studio via bridge. But each time I add the morphs the belly button on G3F becomes more inverted. I used the standard G3F figure (no morphs) to make my morphs and I haven't made any changes to the navels geometry or used any morphs and its not the skin texture. Can anyone help me

Nyxii belly bug.png

Razor42 ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2017 at 6:01 PM

I've not heard of this issue before so I expect it's not a bug with the figure but something going wrong in your workflow for creation of the new morph.

I suspect you are exporting the base figure with Mouth Realism HD and Naval morph on. These two morphs load on a default Genesis 3 Female figure. You can check if the Navel morph is the source of the issue by dialling out that morph when you have your new morph applied and see if the look returns to normal.

Before exporting remember to check the Currently Used section on the parameters tabs it will show all the morphs applied to the loaded figure

fly028 ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2017 at 1:04 AM

Hello inthesky, Razor 42 is right, It is a common mistake with Genesis3 when morphing. Navel, mouth HD are set to 100% on the character. Before exporting your geometry for morph, be sure to set shape to Zero in the parameter tab and check that everything (navel and mouth) are well set to zero, then turn your geometry at subd level 0 in order to get a proper character to morph. If you have a look at your current character, you will certainly notice that when you open the mouth, teeth are not in the correct shape also.... It is not a bug, just that when you apply your morph, DAZ is calculating the geometry, adding navel at 100% + 100% of your morph. It happened many time on my side, so, i knowwhat I'm talking about :-)

Hope it helps,

Best regards,

inthesky ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2017 at 7:07 AM

Thanks very much everyone I did realize after posting this that I had the default navel and teeth hd morpth on and corrected it. Thanks for the advice.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2017 at 2:55 AM

My advise is to create a complete zeroed base mesh resolution G3F character to as base to create morphs from.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.