Sun, Oct 6, 8:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: The opportunities abound as Poser users..

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2017 at 3:32 PM

RorrKonn posted at 4:31PM Wed, 05 July 2017 - #4309239

Why do some music bands play in sold out stadiums and other bands play in small menus ?It depends how often they put out top 10 hits.Some bands wright there own top 10 hits.Some bands have writers wright there top 10 hits. either way if your a band with out a top 10 hit and you do exist ,who cares ? How long do you think it would take taylor swift to fade in to obscurity with out any more hits ?

Dwayne Johnsons bit in the fast n furious 8 about Taylor Swift n his daughter .was hilarious.

Taylor Who????๐Ÿ˜•

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2017 at 12:54 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

EClark1894 posted at 1:53AM Thu, 06 July 2017 - #4309261

RorrKonn posted at 4:31PM Wed, 05 July 2017 - #4309239

Why do some music bands play in sold out stadiums and other bands play in small menus ?It depends how often they put out top 10 hits.Some bands wright there own top 10 hits.Some bands have writers wright there top 10 hits. either way if your a band with out a top 10 hit and you do exist ,who cares ? How long do you think it would take taylor swift to fade in to obscurity with out any more hits ?

Dwayne Johnsons bit in the fast n furious 8 about Taylor Swift n his daughter .was hilarious.

Taylor Who????๐Ÿ˜•

Taylor's this little Nashville hottie.

If you haven't seen furious 8 ya missing out.

planed on watching XXX: Return Of Xander Cage today on amazon. My power went out to day at 4:15pm to 11:45pm "insert cussing here" so went n saw Transformers ,wicked.

============================================================ย 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2017 at 4:14 AM ยท edited Thu, 06 July 2017 at 4:15 AM

The possibilities for Poser users are endless if you simply follow my first 2 video tutorials;

Poser2Blender2Poser : The correct export-import settings between both apps

and :

Poser2Blender2Poser : Detailing Poser meshes using FBM and HD morphs created in Blender

Both of the above use Blender, but the same tech can be used in other 3D apps that can rework obj files.

For those that like to play around with the new Poser11 ground plane for surface or background possibilities, there are 2 more video's on tips and tricks for the new Ground plane.

Poser only has 2 traps:

a) It is impossible to "save" or "export" an obj file from Poser without Poser breaking it up into vertex groups. (Video1 and Video 4) => Video 4 also has the "cure".

b) The Poser UI slows down when using large textures (8.192x8.192 or higher) => Renders stay at the same render speed, only the UI slows down.

Best regards, Tony

PS; the request is still open if other video tutorials are requested/required to enhance your workflow.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2017 at 10:29 AM

RorrKonn posted at 8:30AM Thu, 06 July 2017 - #4309200

If there never was a DAZ V3,V4 would there have been a Poser ?

Daz was founded for the purpose of making content for Poser. The reason Daz made Daz Studio was because of Poser (and it's design team) was being passed from company to company a decade ago (The Poser 5 - 7 lifecycle).

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2017 at 1:31 PM ยท edited Thu, 06 July 2017 at 1:34 PM

ssgbryan posted at 2:30PM Thu, 06 July 2017 - #4309348

RorrKonn posted at 8:30AM Thu, 06 July 2017 - #4309200

If there never was a DAZ V3,V4 would there have been a Poser ?

Daz was founded for the purpose of making content for Poser. The reason Daz made Daz Studio was because of Poser (and it's design team) was being passed from company to company a decade ago (The Poser 5 - 7 lifecycle).

Also V1 and V2 were doing quite well. Why do you think V3 and V4 were made? Although, to be honest I never did warm up to V1 all that much. I stuck with Posette until the V2 Upgrade for V1 came along and I bought that. I still have her (V2) in my runtime somewhere, but you can't find any clothes for her anymore.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2017 at 7:59 PM ยท edited Thu, 06 July 2017 at 8:02 PM

I miss there forums BOT email notices. Anyways. I became aware of Poser cause of Max in the Poser 4 n V3 days ,wasn't long till V4 was released. I thought Posette was V1. I never liked V3,V4 High poly count.Some where a long the way I got a V2.

There was a Poser version for Max ,can't remember what they called it. I can't keep up with all the company's that's owned Poser. I always wanted Autodesk to buy Poser. You know they have the resources to make Poser the Wickedest.

Modo's got a monthly plan now. Half to say I'm tempted. Anyways I really wish Renderosity would fix there bots but I gave up on that months a go.

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2017 at 8:23 AM

Please folks read the TOS on baiting and flame wars. When it comes to comparing Poser and DAZ ... it seems we cannot have a debate without a war. So ... keep your comments on topic.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

putrdude ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2017 at 11:17 AM

We need Daz if only to keep Poser (SM) on it's toes. Competition brings down prices and improves products. May the best win.

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2017 at 11:49 AM

putrdude posted at 5:47PM Fri, 07 July 2017 - #4309399

We need Daz if only to keep Poser (SM) on it's toes. Competition brings down prices and improves products. May the best win.

Agreed, so we really don't want either to win in the long run because once the competition is gone......

ย 

ย 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -ย  Ryzen 9ย 5900HX,ย with 64 gig ram and 3 TBย  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using anย AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .ย  ย The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2017 at 12:47 PM

hornet3d posted at 1:38PM Fri, 07 July 2017 - #4309401

putrdude posted at 5:47PM Fri, 07 July 2017 - #4309399

Agreed, so we really don't want either to win in the long run because once the competition is gone......

Keep poser on it's toes! CRAPPP! There goes my keyboard! Aw well, look, Poser's been asleep at the wheel regarding DAZ and it's competition for the last 20 years. And up until Chris Creek's and Dan Farr's departure from "that company that shall not be named" Poser and "you know who" had a pretty symbiotic relationship going. Still, since that relationship has changed, SM's response has been to largely ignore what's going on and cede control of the market they created. I'm not saying things can't be turned around, but SM HAS to be more proactive about regaining market share.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2017 at 3:18 PM ยท edited Fri, 07 July 2017 at 3:28 PM

I was hopping the 3D wars would bring the price of Maya down a lot ,it didn't ,danget.

Poser has always been are app ,this forums app ,no matter who owned it. the people here made the plugs ,figured out to get Poser to do this or that. Poser was originally made as a 2D Artist helper not what it is today.

but the ones that did all that have moved on to Houdini,Modo,xBrush etc etc. I would assume Poser knows that and I would assume Poser knows they can't do what Maya can do.I would assume Poser knows eventually where going to Houdini ,Modo,etc etc.

If CGI was a car Maya would be the car ,Poser n "the other" would be the spoilers. Only so much you can do with spoilers.

you can't make movies with just Poser or "the other" wish ya could but ya can't.ya need a car to get there.

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2017 at 7:58 PM

Ok, one more major us vs them and this thread is locked ... so close.

Boni

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2017 at 7:58 AM

Windows VS Apple.... Android Vs Apple...

oops..my bad,,, thats 2...

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2017 at 8:03 AM

Khai-J-Bach ... naughty. but good for a giggle. You all know what I mean.

Boni

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2017 at 12:02 AM ยท edited Mon, 10 July 2017 at 12:03 AM

Boni posted at 11:01PM Sun, 09 July 2017 - #4309387

Please folks read the TOS on baiting and flame wars. When it comes to comparing Poser and DAZ ... it seems we cannot have a debate without a war. So ... keep your comments on topic.

Especially when we are stuck with your definition of baiting and flame wars, Boni.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2017 at 4:04 AM ยท edited Mon, 10 July 2017 at 4:04 AM

Reminds me of the days when mentioning Windows and Mac in a forum would instantly cause war to break out. I didn't believe in taking sides on that issue, nor do I on this one; it's time people stopped arguing about who did what and when and why and simply use what they prefer to produce their art.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2017 at 2:20 AM

No-one sems to have noticed that Hivewire is going to be selling its big cats through Daz in future. So how long before they are swallowed up like RDNA?

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2017 at 5:25 AM

A_Sunbeam posted at 11:21AM Wed, 12 July 2017 - #4309689

No-one sems to have noticed that Hivewire is going to be selling its big cats through Daz in future. So how long before they are swallowed up like RDNA?

They are just becoming a vendor at Daz and it is the animals that are moving over and will be available exclusively through Daz. Figures like Dawn, Dusk and the rest of the family along with other content not produced by Hivewire will continue to be sold as they are now, from Hivewire.

That is the situation from what I have read, but I do understand you concern.

ย 

ย 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -ย  Ryzen 9ย 5900HX,ย with 64 gig ram and 3 TBย  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using anย AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .ย  ย The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2017 at 10:26 PM

A_Sunbeam posted at 9:25PM Wed, 12 July 2017 - #4309689

Being that DAZ gave Chris his walking papers (He was one of the 2 folks that founded DAZ), I don't see them swallowing up Hivewire3d.

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 13 July 2017 at 1:53 PM

I need to backtrack a bit , been on vacation, but hey, all is well here ๐Ÿ˜

The main deal is that we still have Poser. No matter where it goes, or not, we still have it. I think the overall usefulness of it has only been surface so far. There seemed to be more people that were really into getting to the meat of the program, figuring out a lot of python stuff, great scripts, etc... but I don;t see many of them talking much anymore. Perhaps many moved on, but that leaves current folks to dig deeper.

Even Bryce is still kicking, and its been not touched in quite some time.

Back to DAZ and content .. is it not possible to export DAZ content, even the newest, as an obj ? i think some of the textures go whacky, but is that not possible?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

cschell ( ) posted Thu, 13 July 2017 at 2:24 PM ยท edited Thu, 13 July 2017 at 2:37 PM

Yes you can export obj files from DAZ Studio, if the export settings are used properly most textures should be ok, but of course custom materials or IRay settings won't transfer well (or at all)... among a few others. You can also export Poser Cr2's from DS for use in Poser, though the weight maps won't work, and there may be other issues such as morph functionality problems (depending on how the morphs were made in the original figure)...

I also know that the DS figure and rigging tools can be used to create Poser content directly, including Poser-compatible ERC coding and Morphs... I use it to set-up and rig all my figures as Poser-ready content (I had a hard time using Poser's figure set-up room and tools and found DS easier to use, as that's what I started with before learning Poser). Now days I use both DS and Poser as integral parts of my production pipeline...

adzan ( ) posted Thu, 13 July 2017 at 2:47 PM

cschell posted at 2:27PM Thu, 13 July 2017 - #4309805

Yes you can export obj files from DAZ Studio... among a few others. You can also export Poser Cr2's from DS for use in Poser...

With exceptions and limitations, just a few I can think of at the moment as I'm destroying dinner lol:

Some Daz Studio scenes do not transfer successfully to obj, fbx etc D/S ignores many modelling issues that Poser doesn't, so you have to fix things.

Items that use Daz Studio instancing don't export to obj format properly - although you can now purchase a script for that - but the items can all still be lumped in the centre of the scene once opened in poser, again requiring fixing.

Newer figures and clothes won't work in Poser once converted to Cr2's.

cschell ( ) posted Thu, 13 July 2017 at 3:29 PM

I haven't run in to too many issues exporting raw obj's from DS... but I do know that weight maps won't transfer properly to Poser cr2, and that any specially purpose-built shaders won't either (I used Iray as an example before). I do know that certain other things don't play well between the two programs (I'd written a tutorial on using Poser items in DS a while back that covered most of what doesn't transfer between the two programs).

The DS fbx import/export has been wonky for ages, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't... 3ds import doesn't always work either. I've become very proficient at knowing how to work with DS to make things directly compatible with both programs without needing DSON or special scripts... :)

EClark1849 ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2017 at 11:13 PM

Dave-So posted at 11:09PM Sun, 16 July 2017 - #4309799

I need to backtrack a bit , been on vacation, but hey, all is well here ๐Ÿ˜

The main deal is that we still have Poser. No matter where it goes, or not, we still have it. I think the overall usefulness of it has only been surface so far. There seemed to be more people that were really into getting to the meat of the program, figuring out a lot of python stuff, great scripts, etc... but I don;t see many of them talking much anymore. Perhaps many moved on, but that leaves current folks to dig deeper.

Even Bryce is still kicking, and its been not touched in quite some time.

Back to DAZ and content .. is it not possible to export DAZ content, even the newest, as an obj ? i think some of the textures go whacky, but is that not possible?

I have a quick question. What would you guys think of a Poser creator web directory? Basically it would be a list of vendors who create content primarily, but not exclusively for Poser and a link to the store or site where their products can be found? It's something I've been thinking about for a while now. Maybe even doing it like a old Yahoo directory.

prixat ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2017 at 10:16 AM ยท edited Mon, 17 July 2017 at 10:16 AM

Hi, did you see poservendors.com? Might be worth contacting PhilC, if you have not already done so, about re-launching that site.

regards
prixat

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2017 at 12:39 PM

prixat posted at 1:38PM Mon, 17 July 2017 - #4309993

Hi, did you see poservendors.com? Might be worth contacting PhilC, if you have not already done so, about re-launching that site.

Nope, never saw it, heard of it, or contacted Phil C.

adzan ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2017 at 4:10 PM ยท edited Mon, 17 July 2017 at 4:12 PM

EClark1894 - I think it may be a lot of work for just one person to make a web site or even just a list of content artists and then try and maintain it.

As a FYI there is also the Poser Content Wiki started by Lyrra Madril - http://posercontent.wikifoundry.com/

and - Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

There was also the Content Creators Guild, which was a site for independent content creators, but it looks like that site has closed - but they are still on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/contentcreatorsguild/

There are some sites out there with links to content information but they are dotted about and people don't know about them.

raven ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2017 at 5:18 AM

PhilC has pretty much retired....

adzan ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2017 at 6:09 AM ยท edited Tue, 18 July 2017 at 6:13 AM

raven posted at 6:02AM Tue, 18 July 2017 - #4310068

PhilC has pretty much retired....

I noticed this a while ago too and although he isn't entirely vanished from the community I will miss his sense of humour and amazing knowledge.

I'm glad he's enjoying a new adventure and happily tinkering away in his wood working shed and enjoying life - be happy PhilC and Jan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2017 at 8:54 AM

adzan posted at 9:53AM Wed, 19 July 2017 - #4310033

EClark1894 - I think it may be a lot of work for just one person to make a web site or even just a list of content artists and then try and maintain it.

As a FYI there is also the Poser Content Wiki started by Lyrra Madril - http://posercontent.wikifoundry.com/

and - Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

There was also the Content Creators Guild, which was a site for independent content creators, but it looks like that site has closed - but they are still on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/contentcreatorsguild/

There are some sites out there with links to content information but they are dotted about and people don't know about them.

For clarification, are you saying that my wanting to do this is a bad idea or that there's just no need for it?

prixat ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2017 at 11:09 AM

I think poservendors.com is too good a domain name to ignore and the site is set up to do exactly what you stated, it deserves resurrecting. Go for it. ๐Ÿ˜€

regards
prixat

adzan ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2017 at 12:11 PM ยท edited Wed, 19 July 2017 at 12:12 PM

EClark1894 posted at 11:51AM Wed, 19 July 2017 - #4310176

adzan posted at 9:53AM Wed, 19 July 2017 - #4310033

For clarification, are you saying that my wanting to do this is a bad idea or that there's just no need for it?

Not saying it's a bad idea - or that there isn't a need - just saying a static list would be a lot of work and that there may be other options that may be easier to manage, especially with more than one person adding and managing data.

A wiki, a multi user online data base or even google documents, a Content Management System website with any number of forums, data management or community plugins are all just suggestions that can have more than one person enter the data.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.