Sat, Sep 28, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Do you like a side of anime with your animation?

Deenamic ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2017 at 2:38 PM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 6:21 PM
Forum Moderator

If you do, then we have two tasty 😋 contests for you this month, one is an anime contest and the other is an animation contest. If you would like more information about each contest, then check out the links below.

Anime Contest

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/?ViewContest=1486

Animation Contest

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/?ViewContest=1485

Denesia (Dee)

Forums: Photoshop  ☮  Photography  ☮  Mixed Medium  ☮  Freestuff  ☮  Freestuff Testing  ☮  Changes wanted in the Community  ☮  Marvelous Designer  ☮  Challenge Arena  ☮  Animation  ☮  Fractals  ☮  Beta Testing  ☮  The Get-Away Spot  ☮  Newcomer Corner  ☮  Suggestion Box  ☮  Contest Announcements

poisinivy ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2017 at 3:10 PM · edited Sat, 19 August 2017 at 3:16 PM

Can I offer some constructive criticism, I hate to say this but the only reason I never enter these contest is because Rendo is to restrictive. . I could not make a 100 MB animation if my live depended on it ,.not one that was worth a crap or my time to make... you guys should have a animation contest where we can submit real animations that have stories and substance. that are published online that do not require our films to be downloaded on the rendo site.that we retain all our rights to our works. . where we can just offer links to the published videos that show the publishing date to fit the guidelines.. and then let the viewers vote for the films submitted. not a few judges. that are friends of friends etc. These contest would draw more contestants and more online publicity if you held them like they do for indie film festivals . I can not even come close to meeting the size requirements. of you animation guidelines . well maybe a gif picture i could but what would be the point in that? Seriously.. I have 2 HD films right now on my desk top ready to upload for a contest but they would never meet these guidelines in size spec. I just released this one today that is 1080 HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ7w8-KhoAU My youtube channel Ivy Summers Art and Animations

Please rethink how you hold these animation contest if you want more contestants.

Good luck with you animations contest . I won't be there with these restrictions

Deenamic ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2017 at 7:54 PM
Forum Moderator

Hello posionivy! I totally understand what you're saying. I don't like the max file size limit either and I have worked with video before and I know that video takes up a lot of space. I was hoping that I could get a larger max file accepted for the contest, it started out as 50 MB, but 100 MB was all I could get. I consulted with a friend that works on a Cartoon Network cartoon called "The Amazing World of Gumball" about what he thought would be a reasonable file size for a contest like this and he said 1 GB. I really wanted to go up to 1 GB. We have several more days left in the contest, I'll see if a 1 GB file size or some bigger size will be a possibility and hopefully a reality. I would really like to see your and other member's animations. I'm going to see what I can do for you poisonivy. I may fail in getting a larger max file size limit, but at least I can say I tried and you will I know tried. Wish me good luck! I hope you're having a great weekend! 😄

Denesia (Dee)

Forums: Photoshop  ☮  Photography  ☮  Mixed Medium  ☮  Freestuff  ☮  Freestuff Testing  ☮  Changes wanted in the Community  ☮  Marvelous Designer  ☮  Challenge Arena  ☮  Animation  ☮  Fractals  ☮  Beta Testing  ☮  The Get-Away Spot  ☮  Newcomer Corner  ☮  Suggestion Box  ☮  Contest Announcements

poisinivy ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2017 at 8:35 PM · edited Sat, 19 August 2017 at 8:36 PM

Thanks for your reply I seen these contest but my animations are way to much for these contest i guess. i still think the best saloution would be to have people post their videos on a media site like youtube or vimio, facebook etc. these sites give a publishing date for the contest and we can link it to the contest page would save rendo having to make upload space and police the uploads . . means less liable for rendo about people using copyrighted materials in their enteries. more media coverage using social media because of the tending tabs to me equals bringing in more people into the renderosity site and allowing for more contestants. 😀

Allowing us to use social media to upload our entries, does a number of things. allows us artist to retain our copyright on our animations.. Allows for HD animations with actual stories .to be used. allows the contestants and renderosity to promote the contest better through social media reaching more people instead of being limited to uploading a AVI or mpeg. we can upload H-65 hd videos.

Its something to really think about. you won;t have to worry about people posting adult or inappropriate videos because the social media would flag and remove the offending animations. even a simple avi 10 second long 1080 x 1920 can reach a gig . in order for me to make a animation to fit in the guideline . it would just be to small to see something like 320 x 100..lol Ive been making 3d animations a long time and never been able to enter one in a contest at renderosity because the way you guys hold them. so that is why I wanted to make my suggestion to see if we can bring renderosity up to date with the rest of the world .

Thank you for taking the time to read my comment My name is Ivy

ashleyb ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 11:14 AM

I'm really working to make Renderosity more accessible for the animators and film makers. I was able to up the size to animation contest to 1500mb/ 1.5gb Please, retry your upload. Thank you all for your feedback!

Ashley,

Community Leader, Renderosity

ashleyb ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 11:25 AM

Also, Deenamic could you make an announcement that the animation contest file size max is 1500mb/1.5gb?

Thank you!!

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 1:06 PM

I just tried to upload a minute and a half film thatb was 332 mb @ 1080p , mp4 and it timed out twice.. I'll try it again in a bit to see if I can get it to go through.

ashleyb ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 1:13 PM

Let me know if it times out again.

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 1:31 PM

it has not timed out this time, its just running and running but nothing happening I've been uploading for the last 22 minutes on a 12gig dls . I'll going to try reducing it to 720p mpg and see if that goes through though the 1080p one would be better

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 2:03 PM

well it just won't go through I have reduced video size from 1080 to 720, changed formats mpeg4 to mpg double checked my thumb nail and promo images for size requirements etc... I don't get it

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 2:44 PM

I keep getting this error " The thumbnail width or height must equal the width or height specified." 1.JPG

but my image fits all requirements. see seen by my properties window

2.JPG any ideas?

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 2:51 PM

I swapped image size properties width and height .. same error message 3.JPG

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 2:57 PM

I guess I'll have to try it later .. now I am getting this error message below please let me know when things are fixed .

4.JPG

ashleyb ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 3:15 PM

Poisonivy, we are looking into the image size issue. Could you test your internet speed for me? Go to google and type in Speed Test. It should give you a button to click on to test your speed, click on it. It will give you two numbers: Upload Speed & Download Speed. After you do this please send me those numbers

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 3:28 PM

my speedtest by Koolma it shows 12 gigs download . 678 mb upload speed. centurylink.net ip.72.xx.xx.xx.x I tried different browser it appears to be uploading with google chrome, where i was trying to upload it with firefox before and was getting those errors. i also turn off my kaspersky to allow the upload. so far so good 47% uploaded

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 3:54 PM

I do not think it matters about speed test . the files uploaded after I swtiched browsers and turned off my AV. all accept the animation mpg file which I got this error after it uploaded. saying its not permitted for upload 5.JPG

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 3:58 PM

I doubled checked in the description it did say mpg was allowed 56.jpg

ashleyb ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 4:22 PM

I apologize for the inconveniences, but please stick with me. I've updated the contest. Try uploading your file with an mp4 extension

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 4:43 PM

I am trying..lol
But my mp4 video files do not retain sound files during processing for export or "as save" as in Abode premiere pro cs5 software , my acceptable video formats. mpeg.(HD 900 mb) MPG(720p hd 123 mb) .MTL( Blueray HD video 332 mb ) .AVI MS uncompressed video 2,8 gigs, (DVDi low def 146 mb) Flash formats both fla and fva 680 x 400 max size 48 mb) H-65 HD mpeg for television and internet streaming media 335 mb)
I have adobe media encoder for transforming and converting video formats for Mobil devices and internet . but i am limited on how it save files. because flash vbideo files were made to run on a server side were you add your sound files in to match the flash video.

let me work on it i'll see what I can come up I don't make the files so big no one will download them.

Adobe decoder for me to convert files for mobil devices offers mp4 but when i use it ,.it does not include the sound files because its for mobil and requires server to run it

Deenamic ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 4:46 PM
Forum Moderator

Ashley, I will make that announcement about the max file size right now.

Denesia (Dee)

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 8:38 PM

I guess Mpeg formats are not accepted as a file format as apparent by this error notice i got after spending a hour uploading a 128 mb file to renderosity.Capture.JPG

even though its supposed to be acceptable format. 55.jpg

Oh well thanks for the help anyway

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 9:35 PM

finely went through , though the only video format that would be accepted is not really good for video quality.

Deenamic ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 10:29 PM
Forum Moderator

I'm sorry you spent an hour uploading your entry only to get an error, I know that has to be frustrating. Yeah, mpegs are suppose to be an acceptable format. I think we may have to check in with the programmer and get an update on all the file formats the website can handle now. I hope this is just a temporary glitch that can be fixed easily and we can go back to accepting mpegs again. I'm happy you were able to upload your animation in another file format. Your entry came through okay on our end and I should be approving it in the next few minutes. Thank you Ivy for taking time out of your day or evening to battle with the website to get your entry in! I swear things will be easier next time. 😄

Denesia (Dee)

poisinivy ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2017 at 8:57 AM

Thank you Deenamic , I sent you a on site email

Deenamic ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2017 at 9:57 PM
Forum Moderator

You're welcome Ivy! I have replied to your sitemail.

Denesia (Dee)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.