Sat, Oct 5, 7:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Poser Has a New Base Figure!!

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 6:03 PM

Very true Rob, as I'm always wanting to play with my gal's Lips, as well as her Fingernails and Toenails. The good thing about PP11 is, you can set up Layers in the Material Room, so you can set up a separate matzone (or mask) of your choice for LF's Lips any time you want.

I haven't tried it as yet with LF's Lips, but I have used Layers in the Material Room before with nice results.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 8:25 PM

Hi Operaguy. I did look-I don't see any options for signature-but I will look AGAIN thanks. The Phantom has go operaguy posted at 6:23PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345096

Eric, look in your account settings, perhaps that phantom link is in your signature.

I'm under orders from Blackhearted to not touch optics on cornea, so I'm not. I'll try your settings, but I'm only using area lights inside a box or dome, and no HDR lighting.

:: og ::

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 8:42 PM

Go to account settings and then "forum settings" and there is a place for signature. I just now put one in for me. It is "retroactive" all you past posts will be affected.

sig.jpg

::::: Opera :::::

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 9:19 PM

Thank you all! Glitterati3d-I was a beta tester for V4-WM and Antonia-WM (I recall you were involved in that fun!). I have to say that La Femme is a step forward. I recall Dawn as being easier to work with-in Zbrush (fewer material regions?) I've not blown the dust off of my Zbrush skills yet-but I want to have a go at La Femme

Blackhearted-don't let the negative nabobs get you down. The one minor quibble is that the tongue and teeth are part of the torso map. Makes for some Oddities when rendering GLASS La Femme! :-) Glitterati3D posted at 7:10PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345216

Blackhearted, I applaud you for setting the record straight.

Personally, I think the reaction to La Femme has been very positive. Are there folks who will take swipes at her, sure? But, we can't possibly know their motives in doing so.

I do think Hivewire made a fatal mistake in not defending Dawn and allowing the sniping and unearned comments become the default response to her, because here we are years later still listening to the same thing no matter how many times they tried to please the community. Kudos to you for defending your art and craftsmanship! La Femme represents not only the talent of the team who created her, but the care taken to ensure other vendors can provide the support she warrants.

As a rigger, I've said many times Dawn is easy to rig for in Poser. Now, with Chuck's Clothing Dev Kit, La Femme is even easier. Clothing comes out of the Setup Room nearly ready for a store! Does a good rigger have to look at every joint and ensure they are "commercial ready?" Yes, but it's part of rigging commercial products! And there's far less refining and re-working than any figure I have ever rigged for.

This whole idea that every figure ever developed for Poser will have to use the old technology and products of V4 is, and always will be, a ridiculous fallacy. Not only does DAZ replace their figures every 2 years, asking their customers to dump all their existing content for the new girl, they re-work the same clothing and sell it BACK to their customers for the new girl - Morphing Fantasy Dress, version 8, anyone? It's the same dress, using the same textures! And, a large chunk of those customers are former Poser users!!!!!!!! I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this approach, I'm just saying let's put this silly meme to bed once and for all. It's never been true, and it's certainly not true now.

La Femme is an amazing figure, using everything Poser is capable of delivering to their customers. Everyone I speak to has spent a great deal of time "getting to know her" and complaining only that using her is addictive. They're having a good time in Poser again, enjoying using it.

Because of La Femme!

LaFemmeGlass.jpg

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 11:36 PM

Thanks Operaguy Found it! operaguy posted at 9:36PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345325

Go to account settings and then "forum settings" and there is a place for signature. I just now put one in for me. It is "retroactive" all you past posts will be affected.

sig.jpg

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 3:13 AM

Eric Walters posted at 3:57AM Tue, 05 February 2019 - #4345326

Thank you all! Glitterati3d-I was a beta tester for V4-WM and Antonia-WM (I recall you were involved in that fun!). I have to say that La Femme is a step forward. I recall Dawn as being easier to work with-in Zbrush (fewer material regions?) I've not blown the dust off of my Zbrush skills yet-but I want to have a go at La Femme

Blackhearted-don't let the negative nabobs get you down. The one minor quibble is that the tongue and teeth are part of the torso map. Makes for some Oddities when rendering GLASS La Femme! :-)

Yeah, Eric, I was there. In fact, V4WM was the first WM figure I ever rigged clothing for.

I don't have ZBrush, so can't give you any opinion there, but Poser has come a long way since our V4WM days and La Femme takes advantage of all those changes.

LOL on Glass La Femme. You always were the one who went looking for unusual ways to use a figure!

tonyvilters ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 4:19 AM

One day with a new girl, and she's already telling me what to do . LOL. Build a beach.png

RobZhena ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 5:45 AM

Miss B posted at 6:43AM Tue, 05 February 2019 - #4345305

Very true Rob, as I'm always wanting to play with my gal's Lips, as well as her Fingernails and Toenails. The good thing about PP11 is, you can set up Layers in the Material Room, so you can set up a separate matzone (or mask) of your choice for LF's Lips any time you want.

I haven't tried it as yet with LF's Lips, but I have used Layers in the Material Room before with nice results.

Not at all simple for the casual user.

722 ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 6:02 AM
Online Now!

Blackhearted posted at 6:00AM Tue, 05 February 2019 - #4344738

3D-Mobster posted at 10:39AM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344735

But all in all a very good character which is well needed for Poser :) And again really hope they fix the fingers and add a high dense mesh as well, as it would make her a lot better.

So congrats to those that made her, really well done. :D

Thanks!

A higher density mesh would defeat the whole purpose, and would pretty much nuke all existing content. That is precisely why there are levels of subdivision in poser, an HD morph capability, normal maps, etc. There's absolutely no reason to have a higher resolution base mesh when it's literally one click away. I ordered a mic so I don't have to use my laptop's tinny built-in mic, when it gets here I'll do a tut on making HD morphs.

There are several morphs included that can adjust the hand shape. The hands can be curled a lot more than existing figures because of the metacarpals. Once you start using the metacarpals you'll wonder why figures haven't had them until now.
Subdivision slightly reduces the diameter of the fingers, but I think that people have been looking at V4's horrifically sausageous fingers for too long. Looking at V4's hand is like looking at a bunch of bananas:

bananas.jpg

A tut on making HD morphs sweet!

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 12:32 PM

722, why did you re-post that entire V4-hand bashing post, just to make one short comment? Was that necessary? I myself have restrained from counter-posting Blackhearted on that thing, out of respect that this is "the La Femme moment," and I am not a troll. Seriously, why did you do it?

pastorpixel ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 5:13 PM

In Poser11 Pro I have a problem with Eyeballs with the default Settings of Superfly Render Engine. Its a figure called Miki. mikRenderProblem.png

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 10:08 PM

Work In Progress:
Still got a looooong way to go with this one.

Italian2.jpg

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

xocxoc ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 11:41 PM

Congratulations makers!

After working with her over the weekend and putting her through a lot of unnecessary tests. La Femme is proving to be the best commercially available human figure on the market today, and I love the fact that it's a POSER model. The chip handles alone are something that do not exist in the Daz world, and that makes La Femme > G8.

I'm a long time Poser user, and not a fan of Daz Studio because of the learning curve. That means I have pretty much been stuck with V4 for over a decade. Yes, I am well aware of the problems with V4: "V4 skins don't support Superfly, and older ones don't support SSS" fixed with D3D Perfect Skin SSS Lite, "the shoulders look bad and the armpits way too high" fixed with XandM Perfect V4, "the joints look awful when you bend to extreme" fixed with products like i13_Overhaul. These third party patch fixes help out a lot, but I'm still stuck with a broken model, and all V4 render looks the same to me from the neck down.

Now that I have spent time with La Femme, I really want to make her my primary model, but of course this requires the community's help. Conforming hair works great with the V4 fit patch, V4 poses work with only some minor hand and feet adjustments, but skin textures, characters and especially conforming wardrobe are going to need some help from the community.

The community right now seems to be focused on G3/G8 for good reason (she's popular, and stuff sells), it would be nice if La Femme would get similar support.

Like if Blacksmith3D would add V4 to La Femme and Genesis 3 female to La Femme texture converters to his Texture Transformer, If 3DAge made La Femme versions of her incredible clothing library, if ali released La Femme fit patches to his hair styles, if character creators and pose library producers filled in the gaps, it would be really easy to make the transition over.

I'm hoping this comes with time. Unfortunately, the Poser community has had a lot of promising new models: GND, Dawn/Dusk, Pauline/Paul, Evo, with only limited community support. I really want La Femme to be different this time.

I have only found a few nit picks, like odd shoulders and armpits when the arms are on the side, minor issues with teeth, and a need for a hip morph to close the thigh gap, but these are fairly easy fixes. There are also going to be community lesson learning like "Essentials Pose Set for La Femme" seems to mess with the eyebrows, ruining my meticulously adjusted character face. We might have to unlearn some lessons and learn new stuff.

But I'm excited again!

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 1:40 AM Β· edited Wed, 06 February 2019 at 1:52 AM

xocxoc,

Paul and Paulina have the chips for facial expression.

In all the suggestions you made, the Texture Transformer V4 to La Femme is most critical, in my opinion. [sarcasm...] And V4 should receive a royalty every time one of her skins ends up on the new gal. [end sarcasm]

In this celebratory La Femme thread, I have no wish to start a "model war," so I'll not respond to the V4 points you made. Some here know there is a response, big time. That's all.

722 ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 3:06 AM
Online Now!

operaguy posted at 1:37PM Tue, 05 February 2019 - #4345369

722, why did you re-post that entire V4-hand bashing post, just to make one short comment? Was that necessary? I myself have restrained from counter-posting Blackhearted on that thing, out of respect that this is "the La Femme moment," and I am not a troll. Seriously, why did you do it?

I was just happy to see that a tut about making HD morphs was going to be made.

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 3:57 AM

operaguy posted at 1:56AM Wed, 06 February 2019 - #4345445

xocxoc,

Paul and Paulina have the chips for facial expression.

In all the suggestions you made, the Texture Transformer V4 to La Femme is most critical, in my opinion. [sarcasm...] And V4 should receive a royalty every time one of her skins ends up on the new gal. [end sarcasm]

In this celebratory La Femme thread, I have no wish to start a "model war," so I'll not respond to the V4 points you made. Some here know there is a response, big time. That's all.

Another vote for a TT option for LaFemme to use V4 skins! If I'm going to use LaFemme more than V4, I will want to use some of those great skins on her!

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

bantha ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 6:05 AM

xocxoc posted at 5:54AM Wed, 06 February 2019 - #4345442

Now that I have spent time with La Femme, I really want to make her my primary model, but of course this requires the community's help. Conforming hair works great with the V4 fit patch, V4 poses work with only some minor hand and feet adjustments, but skin textures, characters and especially conforming wardrobe are going to need some help from the community.

The community right now seems to be focused on G3/G8 for good reason (she's popular, and stuff sells), it would be nice if La Femme would get similar support.

Like if Blacksmith3D would add V4 to La Femme and Genesis 3 female to La Femme texture converters to his Texture Transformer, If 3DAge made La Femme versions of her incredible clothing library, if ali released La Femme fit patches to his hair styles, if character creators and pose library producers filled in the gaps, it would be really easy to make the transition over.

The hair styles don't need to be changed, Blackhearted has a V4 hairfit morph for La Femme here. Adjust the model, not the hair pieces. Problem solved, at least for me.

A module for Texture Transformer would be great, though. Refitting V4 clothes to La Femme seems to be much easier than with any other figure I tries with, still I would like to see refittet clothes from the creators. Much less of a hassle.

I'm hoping this comes with time. Unfortunately, the Poser community has had a lot of promising new models: GND, Dawn/Dusk, Pauline/Paul, Evo, with only limited community support. I really want La Femme to be different this time.

I have only found a few nit picks, like odd shoulders and armpits when the arms are on the side, minor issues with teeth, and a need for a hip morph to close the thigh gap, but these are fairly easy fixes. There are also going to be community lesson learning like "Essentials Pose Set for La Femme" seems to mess with the eyebrows, ruining my meticulously adjusted character face. We might have to unlearn some lessons and learn new stuff.

The tigh gap and the armpits aren't a bug but a feature in the base figure, since they both help the Fitting Room to do it's Thing, if I got it right. Both can easily be morphed in characters. I like this better than having a seperate figure for the Fitting Room.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori.Β 

goldie ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 7:12 AM

Rosemaryr posted at 8:09AM Wed, 06 February 2019 - #4345438

Work In Progress:
Still got a looooong way to go with this one.

Italian2.jpg

Beautiful. Eager to see the finished gown...

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 8:20 AM

I like Dawn and probably use her more than V4 at this point, but La Femme is better out of the box. Her face seems more morph-able. It was difficult to get Dawn to look like anything but Dawn, at least when she first came out.

So, if this is a new base figure for Poser...is there going to be a male counterpart?

bantha ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 8:38 AM

I sincerly hope that there will be a male Counterpart.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori.Β 

xocxoc ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 9:39 AM

bantha posted at 8:31AM Wed, 06 February 2019 - #4345458

The hair styles don't need to be changed, Blackhearted has a V4 hairfit morph for La Femme here. Adjust the model, not the hair pieces. Problem solved, at least for me.

Yes, I got his HD pack and the fix is in there as well. What I have found is if I use conforming hair from the hair tab, the fix works perfectly, which opens up dozens of styles. If I use Figure hair and conform it, it looks like the image below which is with the V4 fit morph.

Now some hair makers like ali, who makes this particular hair style, provide positioning xyz sliders that work post conform for this exact reason, in fact you don't even need the V4 fit for it to work. But many Figure hair styles don't include these type of adjustments, and only work on the model they were designed for.

The thigh gap and the armpits aren't a bug but a feature in the base figure, since they both help the Fitting Room to do it's Thing, if I got it right. Both can easily be morphed in characters. I like this better than having a seperate figure for the Fitting Room.

I have no problem with the base figure, and the reasons for its design. There is an odd curvature to the arm pit when the arms are down and viewed from the front. It looks like an upside down u when it should look like an upside down V. You can "kind of" fix it by playing with the JCM ArmDown85 override slider and the collar xyz trans sliders, but a new JCM ArmDownFront slider would be the best fix. As for the thigh gap problem, the easiest solution would be sliders to make the genitals narrower and lower.

hairtest.jpg

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 12:08 PM Β· edited Wed, 06 February 2019 at 12:09 PM

xocxoc posted at 1:03PM Wed, 06 February 2019 - #4345479

I have no problem with the base figure, and the reasons for its design. There is an odd curvature to the arm pit when the arms are down and viewed from the front. It looks like an upside down u when it should look like an upside down V. You can "kind of" fix it by playing with the JCM ArmDown85 override slider and the collar xyz trans sliders, but a new JCM ArmDownFront slider would be the best fix. As for the thigh gap problem, the easiest solution would be sliders to make the genitals narrower and lower.

I am sooooo glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with the shape of her underarms, as that was the first thing I noticed. I've tried playing with the ArmDown85 JCM, but I'm not totally happy with it. What we probably could use is something similar to Corvus' fix for V4's (and other characters) football player shoulders. I use that fix all the time on all my V4 characters, and I bet something similar, at least for her underarms, would work for La Femme. Luckily, she doesn't have an issue with her shoulders.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 1:55 PM

I've been testing the new girl out, and having some problems (mostly with the mouth and teeth) trying to create a new morph. I posted one today, and then decided it was, in fact, rather ugly. So I deleted it. I shall persevere!

xocxoc ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 2:16 PM

Miss B posted at 2:11PM Wed, 06 February 2019 - #4345493

xocxoc posted at 1:03PM Wed, 06 February 2019 - #4345479

I am sooooo glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with the shape of her underarms, as that was the first thing I noticed. I've tried playing with the ArmDown85 JCM, but I'm not totally happy with it. What we probably could use is something similar to Corvus' fix for V4's (and other characters) football player shoulders. I use that fix all the time on all my V4 characters, and I bet something similar, at least for her underarms, would work for La Femme. Luckily, she doesn't have an issue with her shoulders.

I use "Perfect Shoulders V4" which does the same thing. Since not everyone seems to think there is a problem, I've illustrated it. On the left is V4 using Perfect Shoulders, in the middle is La Femme with arms down = 1, and on the right is a real human model for reference

underarms2.jpg

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 4:17 PM Β· edited Wed, 06 February 2019 at 4:17 PM

I sent these as questions for the webinar but if any of the developers care to explain here first that's fine too:

• I really really hate breast and buttock shrinkwrap in conforming clothing items (esp, when converting a clothing item for another figure). If I take the clothing item's base OBJ and make a dynamic cloth simulation, is there a way to export that resulting clothing prop's OBJ as a FBM I can apply back to the conforming version? If the answer's yes I need a step by step tutorial showing how that's done. Before anyone says "morph brush" or "Zbrush" I don't have the latter and the former yields disappointing results after a lot of time.
  • If I'm planning on painting a body texture in Photoshop, which body OBJ should I use, the dev rig's or the production's (I actually forgot to put this one in the email, my bad)
  • Going forward will there be an update that addresses the boniness of the fingers and the seeming total absence of tooth morphs?

Looking forward to the webinar and further renderings.

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 4:26 PM Β· edited Wed, 06 February 2019 at 4:27 PM

If I'm planning on painting a body texture in Photoshop, which body OBJ should I use, the dev rig's or the production's (I actually forgot to put this one in the email, my bad)

The DEV CR2 and the full CR2 both point to the same obj. Just use the LaFemme1.OBJ file in the Geometries folder. If your painting program of choice does not support UDIM tiling, see this item in free stuff:

LaFemme NoUDIM UV's for UV Mapper

Going forward will there be an update that addresses the boniness of the fingers and the seeming total absence of tooth morphs?

The fingers are already addressed. If you inject La Femme's body morphs from the Pose library you will find a number of morphs that soften her hands, widen or lengthen the fingers, and increase the hand size. Changes beyond that may affect rigging.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 4:30 PM

Suit.jpg

Varnayrah ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 1:36 AM

Oh nice, is that the new Diva Character? Great expression, she looks like she's seen something slightly disgusting^^

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 5:10 AM

Varnayrah posted at 6:08AM Thu, 07 February 2019 - #4345536

Oh nice, is that the new Diva Character? Great expression, she looks like she's seen something slightly disgusting^^

Thank you. Actually, it's base La Femme with Roxy textures and no morphs applied, just face controls used.

Varnayrah ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 5:19 AM

Thank you. Hmmmm... suppose I must get Roxy after all. I got Mina first, for a paler skin, but it was really a hard choice.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 6:12 AM

Varnayrah posted at 7:11AM Thu, 07 February 2019 - #4345540

Thank you. Hmmmm... suppose I must get Roxy after all. I got Mina first, for a paler skin, but it was really a hard choice.

LOL, I just got them all. And, honestly, love them all.

Haven't grabbed Diva yet, though.

duanemoody ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 3:50 PM Β· edited Thu, 07 February 2019 at 3:51 PM

I've followed Nerd's tutorial for making conforming clothing by importing a clothing item's .obj then using the donor rig in the setup room, but… conforming.jpg As you can see here I copied a few morphs from LF to the clothing and they transferred but as I mentioned previously I'm trying to avoid the cleavage shrinkwrap problem so many conforming items have. I'd hoped that the LaFemme Clothing DEV figure had a modified "uniboob" version of the breast morphs that I could have copied the morphs from (this is what PE does with its clothing dev figure, for this reason) but apparently neither dev figure has any morphs at all in it (outside of JCMs of course).

In the longer term this approach to making conforming clothing from clothing for other figures has the downside of losing all the rigging morphs (e.g. open/close/adjustments) that heavily influence what I buy when it comes to conforming clothes. I can see using this for some clothing in a pinch but it loses a lot of functionality in the process. Thanks for the tutorial, though.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 4:37 PM Β· edited Thu, 07 February 2019 at 4:38 PM

duanemoody posted at 5:33PM Thu, 07 February 2019 - #4345569

I've followed Nerd's tutorial for making conforming clothing by importing a clothing item's .obj then using the donor rig in the setup room, but…

As you can see here I copied a few morphs from LF to the clothing and they transferred but as I mentioned previously I'm trying to avoid the cleavage shrinkwrap problem so many conforming items have. I'd hoped that the LaFemme Clothing DEV figure had a modified "uniboob" version of the breast morphs that I could have copied the morphs from (this is what PE does with its clothing dev figure, for this reason) but apparently neither dev figure has any morphs at all in it (outside of JCMs of course).

In the longer term this approach to making conforming clothing from clothing for other figures has the downside of losing all the rigging morphs (e.g. open/close/adjustments) that heavily influence what I buy when it comes to conforming clothes. I can see using this for some clothing in a pinch but it loses a lot of functionality in the process. Thanks for the tutorial, though.

Just FYI, even clothing modeled for a specific figure ends up with boob socks. It's just that vendors spend a good deal of time perfecting them before releasing products. It's just the nature of morphs and a lot of effort goes into perfecting the clothing with morphs for customers.

As for converting clothing and losing morphs, etc. you should contact the originator and see if they plan to release a version for the figure you want to use it on. You really cannot expect morphs made for V4, etc. to work on another model. With V4, she is rigged in spherical rigging and none of that is going to transfer to a weight mapped figure. The rigging methods are simply not the same.

ZigZag321 ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 4:47 PM

Totally awesome morphs, Deecey! Muscular and toned here. And Rhiannon's new outfit hugged to her like a dream as I applied them.

This is one of DexPac's rings inside Fabiana's SageBabylon walls. DM's pose. This set is an exact replica of how I have my basement fixed up. LOL. Yeah I wish.

πŸ˜€

0027.jpg

xocxoc ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 5:14 PM

duanemoody posted at 5:07PM Thu, 07 February 2019 - #4345569

I've followed Nerd's tutorial for making conforming clothing by importing a clothing item's .obj then using the donor rig in the setup room, but… conforming.jpg As you can see here I copied a few morphs from LF to the clothing and they transferred but as I mentioned previously I'm trying to avoid the cleavage shrinkwrap problem so many conforming items have. I'd hoped that the LaFemme Clothing DEV figure had a modified "uniboob" version of the breast morphs that I could have copied the morphs from (this is what PE does with its clothing dev figure, for this reason) but apparently neither dev figure has any morphs at all in it (outside of JCMs of course).

Go to You Tube and check out Nerd’ other fitting room tutorials. The shrink wrapped boob problem is fixable by changing the fit under and in between with β€œsmooth” instead of tighten.

I added the body morphs to the clothing dev prop and it added them to the finished figure with mixed results. Still learning.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 5:23 PM

First renders with Diva. Great character-resembles someone I know! LaFemmeDivaCoastShade.jpg

duanemoody ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 5:26 PM

xocxoc posted at 4:23PM Thu, 07 February 2019 - #4345574

Go to You Tube and check out Nerd’ other fitting room tutorials. The shrink wrapped boob problem is fixable by changing the fit under and in between with β€œsmooth” instead of tighten. Will do, thanks. Still wondering what it would take to replace a V4 conforming outfit's rigging with LF's or PE's without losing adjustment morphs/rigging.

mazzam ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 7:05 PM

Having spent some time with the new figure I fine her a curious mixture of 'accuracy' and a body shape that would not past muster in an art school anatomy class. She certainly could not replace V4 who for all her flaws can be made to look like a real person. Enough different real people to populate a graphic novel. If that was not the purpose, so be it. But then I find it hard to see what everyone is so excited about. What kind of art is she actually good for? And by the way, accurate does not have to be average. Why not a base figure who is an anatomically accurate tall, slender female?

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 9:06 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 7:05PM Thu, 07 February 2019 - #4345333

Eric Walters posted at 3:57AM Tue, 05 February 2019 - #4345326

Blackhearted-don't let the negative nabobs get you down. The one minor quibble is that the tongue and teeth are part of the torso map. Makes for some Oddities when rendering GLASS La Femme! :-)

Yeah, Eric, I was there. In fact, V4WM was the first WM figure I ever rigged clothing for.

I don't have ZBrush, so can't give you any opinion there, but Poser has come a long way since our V4WM days and La Femme takes advantage of all those changes.

LOL on Glass La Femme. You always were the one who went looking for unusual ways to use a figure! Heh heh- entirely true!!

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 9:13 PM

mazzam posted at 8:50PM Thu, 07 February 2019 - #4345579

Having spent some time with the new figure I fine her a curious mixture of 'accuracy' and a body shape that would not past muster in an art school anatomy class. She certainly could not replace V4 who for all her flaws can be made to look like a real person. Enough different real people to populate a graphic novel. If that was not the purpose, so be it. But then I find it hard to see what everyone is so excited about. What kind of art is she actually good for? And by the way, accurate does not have to be average. Why not a base figure who is an anatomically accurate tall, slender female?

V4 has 12 years of upgrades and add-ons. LaFemme is brand new. It's going to be awhile before she has all the characters, clothes, morphs, etc. that V4 has.

As for what kind of art she's good for...she's Poser's new base figure. Theoretically, she's good for any kind of art Poser is good for. Though currently, most of the clothing and characters available for her are contemporary. I lean more to SF and fantasy myself, so my LF is currently wearing a lot of Dawn's and V4's clothing.

I'm excited about her because I want a figure that uses Poser's newer features. I like V4 and still use her sometimes, but she's really old technology now. She often looks stiff and awkward when posed, and her face is not terribly expressive. She has that "Poser" look - like a doll, as one of my non-Poser-using friends put it. LaFemme poses more naturally, and I love how expressive her face is.

I don't particularly want a tall, thin female. I want a figure that can be morphed to be a variety of figures, accurate and not.

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 9:58 PM

randym77

"[V4] often looks stiff and awkward when posed, and her face is not terribly expressive. She has that "Poser" look - like a doll, as one of my non-Poser-using friends put it."

That is not V4's fault.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2019 at 5:29 AM

operaguy posted at 5:16AM Fri, 08 February 2019 - #4345586

randym77

"[V4] often looks stiff and awkward when posed, and her face is not terribly expressive. She has that "Poser" look - like a doll, as one of my non-Poser-using friends put it."

That is not V4's fault.

I kinda think it is. Can skillful people work around it? Sure, but making it easier is, IMO, a worthy goal. Weight-mapped figures are a lot easier to pose.

The problem I've had with V4's expressions is that they often don't combine well with shaping morphs. The results are often unattractive, and when forced to choose between expressiveness and attractiveness, I tend to go toward attractiveness, and I suspect this is pretty common. I'm still figuring out LF's face chips, but I really like the results so far.

And toes. I, personally, love the separate toes and I think they make a big difference. (Haven't done much with LF's toes thus far, but Dawn has separate toes. Though they aren't as posable as LF's.)

Tempesta3d ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2019 at 10:09 AM

Eric Walters posted at 10:08AM Fri, 08 February 2019 - #4345036

I've managed to put La Femme into my Star Wars render stream. Using Blackhearted Hi Def Morphs and the Mina character. Blue Twilek at the sea. :-) I will look forward to someone making some SciFi and or Fantasy clothing.The bikini is BlackHearted's Signature. My previous favorite figure was V4- Weight Mapped- La Femme is a clear improvement! Kudos to the creators! Blackhearted- Please put out more morph packages! Fantastic work.LaFemmeMinaTwilek.jpg

This is so wonderful, it gives my geek-self a huge smile. Beautiful <3

πŸ±πŸ˜ΈπŸ˜ΉπŸ˜ΊπŸ˜»πŸ˜ΌπŸ˜½πŸ˜ΎπŸ˜ΏπŸ™€

This is 10% Luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and a 100% reason to remember the name!

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2019 at 10:25 AM

@randym77

I wrote a refutation of your weak claims against V4, but will not post it here. This is the La Femme celebration coming out party, not the "bash the other models" thread.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2019 at 11:14 AM

mazzam posted at 12:12PM Fri, 08 February 2019 - #4345579

I think La Femme is extremely versatile - more so than V4 ever was. It would take a small fortune in addons to get V4 anywhere near this. Yet, this is a combination of the morphs La Femme comes with and Deecey's Body morphs.

Young & Short

ShortYoung.jpg

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2019 at 12:15 PM

I guess it is "bash the other models" thread.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2019 at 12:23 PM

operaguy posted at 1:21PM Fri, 08 February 2019 - #4345613

I guess it is "bash the other models" thread.

There's no bashing going on. Just response to comments and opinions. Folks are entitled to their opinions, including you.

La Femme won't be everyone's favorite girl and that's OK. It's sure nice to have options, though, isn't i t?

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2019 at 12:25 PM

Glitterati3D, even if it is your opinion, is it necessary for others, including yourself, to put down (bash) other models to extol La Femme?

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2019 at 12:44 PM

operaguy posted at 1:39PM Fri, 08 February 2019 - #4345615

Glitterati3D, even if it is your opinion, is it necessary for others, including yourself, to put down (bash) other models to extol La Femme?

Operaguy, that's not "bashing," it's just stating the facts. Do you know how many careers were launched just on V4 "fixes?" Perhaps you don't remember the time when Poser couldn't use DS scaling? Or when the K4 baby wasn't released in the Poser version because it couldn't scale properly? Or that Freak4's shoulders still come apart because of the scaling in Poser? Those are just some of my memories.

That's not bashing, and if you consider it so, it would be bashing Poser, not V4 - it was a Poser deficiency which caused those problems.

Weight mapping alone makes our current crop of figures much more versatile than any of the Generation 4 figures were without a huge investment in "fix" products.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2019 at 1:00 PM

It is still "bashing" when you and others bring up comparisons instead of simply extolling the virtues of La Femme ... and I might say ... addressing the issues that have already arisen that will require her "fix product" cycle.

I was there. I created the first fix for V4 Arm crease in 2007. see this thread:

Click here for thread and my recent update at the bottom of page 2.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.