Wed, Sep 18, 1:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: G3M One Vein on Bicep

flibbits ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2019 at 3:10 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 1:27 PM

See the image: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/nxrN2-FEkW0/maxresdefault.jpg

There are Add Some Veins and Vascularity for G3M. Both can add upper arm veins, but they add a bunch of veins - can't get the one big bicep vein look.

How would this be done? Any ideas?

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2019 at 3:08 PM

Easiest way would probably be a bump or displacement map fibbitts. Are you familiar with those? That's pretty much how those products work to start with. If you have one of those products, look at what map is loaded into the displacement channel, that's how you can get a start at it. You will need a program like Gimp or Photoshop

flibbits ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2019 at 9:44 PM

I'll take a look. Thanks.

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2019 at 1:34 AM

Neither of the products I mention uses a bumb or displacement map as you mentioned. I checked geometry, displacement - nothing there when the vein products are applied.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2019 at 7:49 AM

The problem is that the posted image shows very prominent vein bulges which can cause other issues if a displacement map is used. The mesh may need to be modified to display such abnormal features.

skinklizzard ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2019 at 10:31 AM

best bet would probably be a combination of a custom morph and a bump/displacement map for finer details on it if required. set G3M to base resolution and send him to hexagon (assuming you have it installed) then paint on the vein using the displacement brush and send him back to daz, this should work but I don't usually do character morphs.

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2019 at 12:42 PM

Thanks.

Found out those existing vein packages use HD morphs.

The displacement, even to a pretty extreme level, works well, I don't need it as extreme as it is in that image.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.