Mon, Sep 16, 11:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

movida ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2019 at 9:25 PM

tonyvilters posted at 9:23PM Sun, 30 June 2019 - #4355551

It is figures of this kind that is killing Poser, and it really hurts my heart.

..., and the LaFemme's technical disaster brings...

Would it be legit for a top shelf (hint hint) rigger to do a 3rd party rig for LaFemme as a product? Just a thought and also a 3rd party update maybe for PE (I like her a lot also)

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2019 at 9:51 PM

i would suggest moving discussion about figures to another thread, per Jenn's request.

movida ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2019 at 10:55 PM

Deecey posted at 10:55PM Sun, 30 June 2019 - #4355590

i would suggest moving discussion about figures to another thread, per Jenn's request.

sorry :)

CobraBlade ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 5:47 AM

jennblake posted at 8:15PM Mon, 01 July 2019 - #4355558

This thread needs to get back to the initial intent. We have purchased the software. We do have plans for development that will be announced soon.

If all of us here want the same thing, and it seems we do, then let's just say we'll work together to make Poser and the content for it as good as we possibly can. All I personally have ever wanted is to see Poser thrive as well as the users and the vendors who support it. Attacking each other does no one any good. I thought maybe we were past the days where every conversation that was about Poser ended up at this end. Let's all STOP.. OR maybe just a "this is great" or how you feel about the acquisition as this was what this thread was about. We'll ask for feedback and your input and wishlists at another time and in another thread.

It's been less than 2 weeks....let's give it some time shall we? We will be posting areas to post your wishes and reports of what needs fixed. This thread isn't the place for that as right now who would dig through all of this? lol Let's not go down this road any further. Let's all get along and realize we all want the same thing.

Really looking forward to seeing where Renderosity takes Poser and the updates and reveals along the way.

Poser scripts by Snarlygribbly

shvrdavid ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 9:17 AM

Getting back on track....

I am curious where Renderosity takes Poser as well. Purchasing something like Poser isn't an easy thing to do, for many reasons. Poser now has the chance to be a huge success, or just the opposite.

Lots of people want to see similar things in Poser, some want other things that others don't. Everyone one knows the old saying, "You can't please everyone" I want it to be the best that it can be, get the investment and backing it needs to do so. That's asking a lot, and at the same time it isn't.

So here is to Poser being Huge success.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 3:08 PM

JohnDoe641 posted at 4:07PM Mon, 01 July 2019 - #4355697

shvrdavid posted at 4:01PM Mon, 01 July 2019 - #4355653

Getting back on track....

I am curious where Renderosity takes Poser as well. Purchasing something like Poser isn't an easy thing to do, for many reasons. Poser now has the chance to be a huge success, or just the opposite.

Lots of people want to see similar things in Poser, some want other things that others don't. Everyone one knows the old saying, "You can't please everyone" I want it to be the best that it can be, get the investment and backing it needs to do so. That's asking a lot, and at the same time it isn't.

So here is to Poser being Huge success.

Indeed. Here's to a fresh start for Poser, may it pose poses better than any posing poses pose poses!

BTW, shvrdavid your sig link may be due for updating. :P

FVerbaas ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 4:13 PM
Forum Coordinator

jennblake posted at 11:02PM Mon, 01 July 2019 - #4355558

This thread needs to get back to the initial intent. We have purchased the software. We do have plans for development that will be announced soon. ............. Let's all get along and realize we all want the same thing.

Jenn, if this forum had a 'thumbs up' I would have given you one here.

I think we all want to hear what plans Rendo has with Poser, but better wait a litttle longer for good prepared and planned than rash promises not filled in.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 5:14 PM · edited Mon, 01 July 2019 at 5:19 PM

JohnDoe641 posted at 5:12PM Mon, 01 July 2019 - #4355698

BTW, shvrdavid your sig link may be due for updating. :P

Oddly I tried to do that today, was able to remove some stuff from my profile here, but I can't seem to find where the signature gets changed......

Edit....

I found it, lol

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

ronaldknights ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 11:47 PM · edited Tue, 02 July 2019 at 11:48 PM

I'm in a holding pattern right now. I've recently reinstalled Poser 10 on my computer. Renderosity might just be the key to revitalizing Poser. My money is tight. I can't justify spending any more money until something dramatic happens to make that investment appear to be worthwhile. Even then, my money comes once a month. I'll hope for the best and take my chances.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2019 at 7:52 PM

Yes! Congrats to the team on this acquisition. I'm looking forward to seeing this evolve.

I have the same question as others - I purchased Poser 11 Pro at SM last year, and now need to reinstall on a new hard drive. Will there be any way to verify our licenses/purchase history?

Thanks!

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2019 at 9:27 PM

WorldbuilderMedia posted at 10:24PM Wed, 03 July 2019 - #4355970

Yes! Congrats to the team on this acquisition. I'm looking forward to seeing this evolve.

I have the same question as others - I purchased Poser 11 Pro at SM last year, and now need to reinstall on a new hard drive. Will there be any way to verify our licenses/purchase history?

Thanks!

You can install Poser 11 on your new hard drive using the download manager, and entering your serial number to download the program and content.

If you are able to deactivate the copy on the old hard drive first (difficult if it died! LOL), I suggest doing that as well before you decommission it. That way you don't have an activation that is "used up."

To deactivate on the old hard drive, just choose Help > Deactivate License from the Poser menu, and follow the prompts.

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2019 at 8:34 AM

Congratulations, Renderosity! All the best for your and Poser's future!

MaterialForge ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2019 at 10:29 AM

Deecey posted at 10:27AM Thu, 04 July 2019 - #4355972

WorldbuilderMedia posted at 10:24PM Wed, 03 July 2019 - #4355970

Thanks!

You can install Poser 11 on your new hard drive using the download manager, and entering your serial number to download the program and content.

If you are able to deactivate the copy on the old hard drive first (difficult if it died! LOL), I suggest doing that as well before you decommission it. That way you don't have an activation that is "used up."

To deactivate on the old hard drive, just choose Help > Deactivate License from the Poser menu, and follow the prompts.

Thank you Deecey! That is very helpful! I do still have the old drive - I just don't know which drive it's on, lol (I swap drives around a lot with different software configs).

unrealblue ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2019 at 10:51 PM

tonyvilters posted at 1:39PM Fri, 05 July 2019 - #4355489

The SM figures, here we go.

Every release, SM tried to get figures in the app that where using the latest technology. => Deecey feel free to add info if required.

Long time ago, Teyon build the initial obj files, and then transferred the figure to a second person (I must be getting very old because I do not remember his name) to do the retopology and the rigging. During that period a third person made the textures.

Unfortunately for all of them that had to be done WHILE the Poser team was still coding the new version, and all that time they had to work with the new tech AT THE SAME TIME that a) the app was not ready yet, and b) there where still many- many bug fixes to fix.

In the end , the figures would be more or less ready at the same time as the app. Beta-testers time we had to test the "new" figures could be measured in weeks, sometimes only days. We always got the figures W A Y too late and W A Y too late in the process.

To give just a small example of Roxie.

The builders of Roxie had a great idea for geometry lashes. And Roxie was released with her geometry lashes.

During the beta testing we where focussing on obj file and rigging, texturing, and that turned out fine.

I do not remember the exact time; Was it a day before, the day off, or the day AFTER release, that I, (yes, again, me, myself and I) discovered that the Roxie head with those geometry lashes where NOT faceroom compatible.

That gives you an idea of the time frame the figure content creators had to work in.

For Paul and Pauline, our good old Teyon was doing EVERYTHING himself, the others where already fired.

Deecey had the same issue. She did a GREAT Job on the manuals, but was facing the same issue. The time to get the latest apps fixes in the manual on time.

It would sure be nice to know the names of the people who have brought us the software and figures over the years.

The only person I ever knew was Steve, and then only because I used to pester him with bugs.

For me, history helps understand the present. Plus, then I know who to bug for the real skinny on things :)

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2019 at 11:15 PM · edited Thu, 04 July 2019 at 11:29 PM

It would sure be nice to know the names of the people who have brought us the software and figures over the years.

Help > About Poser.

The people in the "Former Contributors" section are the "old" Poser team for Poser 11, with the majority of them working on Poser across several versions and several owners. Every version of Poser has always listed the development team and content contributors in the beginning of the manual in the "Credits" section.

Poser's original creator is Larry Weinberg ... an extremely cool and talented guy. Renderosity has an interview with him from 2005 on the site if you want to learn about the early history of Poser, and he was still on the Poser development team until 2016 when they were all let go.

Larry's got quite the family pedigree for this kind of stuff. Check it out 8-)

Larry Weinberg Celebrates 10 Years of Poser

3Dream ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2019 at 4:25 AM · edited Fri, 05 July 2019 at 4:26 AM

I would like the next POSER to have better human figures because merchants like to make products and devote all their capabilities and creativity to the best human figures.

THE FUTURE AND SUCCESS OF THE POSER PROGRAM WILL MAINLY DEPEND ON HIS FUTURE HUMAN FIGURES.

Regarding the previous figures (such as James, Jessi and other figures), I think Poser creators should do a strong and well done update on these figures because although they are good figures, they are no longer good enough to be used.

STOREhttps://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/vendors/3Dream

FREEBIEShttps://www.renderosity.com/users/3Dream/freestuff

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2019 at 10:09 AM

It would be cool of we could move discussion of figures and improvements to other threads, per Jenn's request earlier.

CobraBlade ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2019 at 9:40 PM

One question I do have regarding the purchase of Poser. Did Renderosity also inherit the backlog of support tickets and bug reports or will there be a new platform where we should direct these too?

adzan ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 4:33 AM · edited Sat, 06 July 2019 at 4:34 AM

CobraBlade posted at 4:28AM Sat, 06 July 2019 - #4356165

One question I do have regarding the purchase of Poser. Did Renderosity also inherit the backlog of support tickets and bug reports or will there be a new platform where we should direct these too?

The new Poser website has the software support portal and the start of a knowledge base - link - Poser Software

CobraBlade ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 7:11 AM

Cool, thank you for that adzan.

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 11:02 PM

I heard of a new version release for Poser in the works. is it true?

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 2:21 PM · edited Sun, 07 July 2019 at 2:22 PM

Well im glad this has happened, I've been with poser for longer than my frail mind remembers, and have almost all the different versions of poser (bar the first), but was (until last year) a poser only user, but then got into daz (thought I never would), and i really hope and wish that some of the features in daz make their way over to poser, i love poser and would never ditch it, i just feel that until now its never had a home it deserved and wasn't treated as it should have, but now it's here at 'rosity im happy, if renderosity can't bring back the A game no one can. Great news and i look forward to the future.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

ronaldknights ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 2:35 PM

I bought Poser version 1 around 1996, I believe. It came on 3.5" floppy discs. I never learned it. Skip ahead to 1999 and Poser 4. I was hooked for awhile at least.

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 9:36 PM

I have been using Poser pro 4 since 2000 and will continue using Poser 11 Pro. I was a slow learner, but I enjoy every minute with it

Howy2012 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 8:14 AM

I think this is GREAT news. And a lot of us here have suggestions for improvements/enhancements - if we are asked.

FleetR ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 9:58 AM

Look for the thread about Wish List for Poser tacked near the top of this forum.

They are asking.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 10:17 PM

RedPhantom posted at 10:14AM Wed, 10 July 2019 - #4353614

gwhicks posted at 10:09AM Thu, 20 June 2019 - #4353610

Is there any chance that the Poser Forum on SmithMicro can be preserved? There's a huge amount of really helpful information on there regarding Poser and it would be a terrible shame if that went the same way as the contents of the RDNA Forums.

This was my thought. who do we talk to to get this done?

Is there any news on this ?

(I started a separate thread on this specific subject - Are The Contents Of The SM Poser Forum About To Be Consigned To Oblivion ? )

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

perpetualrevision ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 7:34 PM

caisson posted at 6:28PM Wed, 10 July 2019 - #4354788

+1 for material room navigation. Zoom, click and drag to pan, buttons to align selected nodes horizontally, vertically or by grid ... like Substance Designer. Would make life much easier.

Just wanted to chime in as a daily Poser user who actually loves the Material room just as it is. I already have zoom and "click and drag to pan" features simply by virtue of using my MacBook's track pad to navigate. I can also get a nearly "full screen" view by simply "floating" the Materials window and maximizing it. And I can reposition the shader tree to 0 using BB's macro.

But the ability to align selected nodes vertically or horizontally would definitely be a handy addition -- so here's another +1 for that feature!

TOOLS: MacBook Pro; Poser Pro 11; Cheetah3D; Photoshop CC

FIGURES: S-16 (improved V4 by Karina), M4, K4, Mavka, Toons, and Nursoda's people

GOALS: Stylized and non-photorealistic renders in various fantasy styles

perpetualrevision ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2019 at 1:07 AM

On the topic of maintaining Firefly for "backwards compatibility," I thought it might be worthwhile to point out that just because PBR rendering is a newer method, that does not mean it's a better method for all users, and certainly not for users whose primary goal is to produce renders that are stylized rather than photorealistic.

Going forward, I hope that Poser continues to offer two main TYPES of render engine, each with its own Preview renderer: a Non-Photorealistic Renderer (NPR) and a Physically-Based Renderer (PBR).

Under NPR, I'd want most of the capabilities of Firefly plus all of the toon rendering options (rather than having some available only in Preview and others only in Firefly). Perhaps the Sketch Renderer would fit in here as well. The goal of non-photorealistic rendering is not to "fake" PBR effects but rather to enable users to achieve a stylized look not possible when one adheres to the rules of "physically accurate."

Under PBR, I'd expect whatever combo of Superfly/Cycles features are most wanted by those whose goal is to produce photorealism.

I would NOT expect for materials designed for NPR renders to automatically work fine for PBR renders, or vice versa. In fact, it would make more sense to me if the shader trees for each render engine were completely separate, not mixed together in some kind of sphaghetti-node mess that makes it hard to figure out what to adjust. If I happen to load an item that's setup with FF/SF "hybrid" materials, I delete all the nodes and start over with a PoserSurface root node, not b/c I'm unwilling to learn the Superfly/Cycles nodes but b/c I have no interest in the kind of renders they're designed for.

All of which is to say: just b/c PBR is all the buzz right now, that doesn't mean it's the future for every user of 3D graphics software. So continuing to support Firefly (or something similar) isn't so much about maintaining 'backward compatibility" as it is about offering an alternative to photorealism that still appeals to many, many users.

TOOLS: MacBook Pro; Poser Pro 11; Cheetah3D; Photoshop CC

FIGURES: S-16 (improved V4 by Karina), M4, K4, Mavka, Toons, and Nursoda's people

GOALS: Stylized and non-photorealistic renders in various fantasy styles

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 12:34 AM

I agree perpetualrevision - I make comics and I love firefly renderer for that. I sometimes use the poser comic colour option too. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 7:27 AM

And, I agree with perpetualrevision and estherau - keep both render engines. But, stop with Superfly/Cycles and Firefly. There's only so much the vendor community can support, and engines like Octane and Luxrender have always been "cook your own textures" render engines.

The only caution I offer about Cycles is that the preview window HAS to display the materials. On things like clothing, not so much, MAYBE. But, you cannot expect a user to select makeup/lipstick/hair color options on a product that doesn't preview those options. If the library images were larger, it might be viable, but with a 100x100 png file, there's no way to know what makeup options look like if not displayed in the preview window.

I do think keeping Firefly is vital to the part of our community that isn't interested in realistic rendering and hope the DEV team honors their work by keeping it viable.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 7:33 AM

Glitterati3D posted at 8:32AM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356866

The only caution I offer about Cycles is that the preview window HAS to display the materials.

Yes please, seconded.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 8:12 AM
Site Admin

Glitterati3D posted at 8:11AM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356866

The only caution I offer about Cycles is that the preview window HAS to display the materials.

I would be happy if they just had something in the thumbnail besides black when you save an mt5 file.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 10:41 AM

RedPhantom posted at 11:40AM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356871

I would be happy if they just had something in the thumbnail besides black when you save an mt5 file.

LOL, to be fair, no default thumbnail would be considered commercial quality.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 11:57 AM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 12:44PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356867

Yes please, seconded.

You can always use the raytrace preview Window to see the Superfly/Cycles previews.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 12:09 PM

EClark1894 posted at 1:07PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356892

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 12:44PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356867

Yes please, seconded.

You can always use the raytrace preview Window to see the Superfly/Cycles previews.

Really? 1) that window is so small I still can't see eyeshadow or lipstick color, 2) you think that shows the user the skin and character quality, and 3) on anything less than a whiz bang, game ready computer do you know how long the Raytrace Preview takes to refresh?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 2:17 PM
Site Admin

Glitterati3D posted at 2:14PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356878

RedPhantom posted at 11:40AM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356871

LOL, to be fair, no default thumbnail would be considered commercial quality.

I'm not looking for commercial quality. I render my own for my freebies. I just want to know if blond 1 was the light hair shader or the dark one with having to load it. I don't want to render a thumbnail for every shader I make for my own use.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 3:00 PM

EClark1894 posted at 3:59PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356892

Last time I clicked that and forgot to drastically reduce my render options, it froze Poser so bad my entire computer froze.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 4:09 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 5:06PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356913

Last time I clicked that and forgot to drastically reduce my render options, it froze Poser so bad my entire computer froze. Well, I'm not disputing you and I do agree with Tracy that the window is rather small. Of course, I think the material window window is too small too. But I do use the Raytrace Preview and make sure you refresh it. And you can switch back to the pose room, zoom in on whatever body part you want to see it better, then switch back. It can be a pain, but it should work.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 4:30 PM · edited Sat, 13 July 2019 at 4:30 PM

EClark1894 posted at 5:29PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356918

Last time I clicked that and forgot to drastically reduce my render options, it froze Poser so bad my entire computer froze. Well, I'm not disputing you and I do agree with Tracy that the window is rather small. Of course, I think the material window window is too small too. But I do use the Raytrace Preview and make sure you refresh it. And you can switch back to the pose room, zoom in on whatever body part you want to see it better, then switch back. It can be a pain, but it should work.

What works great is not using Cycles materials until/unless I can preview them.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 5:44 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 6:44PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356921

EClark1894 posted at 5:29PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356918

What works great is not using Cycles materials until/unless I can preview them.

I mean, at least let us see colors and textures like the preview window does with Firefly materials.

- - - - - - 

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 6:56 PM

You mean like this? Raytrace.png

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 7:49 PM

No, I mean NOT like this:

CyclesNoPreview.jpg

Your little trick there with the close capture gave you away where it says "Raytrace Preview." You should be more careful when you're trying to deceive folks.

eethree ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 8:09 PM

What do you have connected to that Cycles node? The same thing eclark has?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 9:13 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 10:09PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356926

No, I mean NOT like this:

CyclesNoPreview.jpg

Your little trick there with the close capture gave you away where it says "Raytrace Preview." You should be more careful when you're trying to deceive folks.

Actually, Tracy, I'm not trying to deceive anyone. She said she wanted to see a preview of Cycles Materials. So I showed her. And since I was talking about the Raytrace Preview working. I showed her that it did. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 9:27 PM

eethree posted at 10:25PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356927

It doesn't matter. EClark is using the Raytrace Preview window to display the materials, NOT the Poser stage. He just cropped out the Poser stage so you can't see it. On the stage, EClark sees exactly what I posted.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 9:51 PM

anyway i think they don't want us to post feature requests here. I think they said this forum was just to announce the change in ownership but that there will be other venues where we can make requests and post bugs etc.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

eethree ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 10:01 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 9:57PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356931

It doesn't matter. EClark is using the Raytrace Preview window to display the materials, NOT the Poser stage. He just cropped out the Poser stage so you can't see it. On the stage, EClark sees exactly what I posted.

Actually it does matter. Why do you think I asked?

What if some Cycles nodes preview OK and others don't? By not using the same Glassbsdf shader (and showing that you did, instead of cropping it out), what if someone thinks you are also being deceptive?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 10:05 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 10:59PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356931

Actually, I see what I posted. The only thing I cropped was the screen shot I took of The Material Room on my computer screen. Again, I wasn't trying to deceive anyone. Here's what she asked: "I mean, at least let us see colors and textures like the preview window does with Firefly materials.``

So I showed how the Raytrace Window will show color like she asked. And I did, and still do, agree with you that the Raytrace Preview window is too small. That doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 10:22 PM · edited Sat, 13 July 2019 at 10:26 PM

EClark1894 posted at 11:22PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356935

Glitterati3D posted at 10:59PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356931

Actually, I see what I posted. The only thing I cropped was the screen shot I took of The Material Room on my computer screen. Again, I wasn't trying to deceive anyone. Here's what she asked: "I mean, at least let us see colors and textures like the preview window does with Firefly materials.``

So I showed how the Raytrace Window will show color like she asked. And I did, and still do, agree with you that the Raytrace Preview window is too small. That doesn't mean it doesn't work.

I never said it doesn't WORK. Let me REPEAT myself:

Really? 1) that window is so small I still can't see eyeshadow or lipstick color, 2) you think that shows the user the skin and character quality, and 3) on anything less than a whiz bang, game ready computer do you know how long the Raytrace Preview takes to refresh?

Tell me, Earl...........what color eye shadow is this character wearing in the Raytrace window? You think the bump map on the skin is strong enough? How about the skin wrinkles and textures?

RaytracePreview.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.