Thu, Oct 3, 12:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Poser Pro 11.2 Update Questions

hudengnorf ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 12:47 AM

Glitterati3D posted at 7:43AM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362302

hudengnorf posted at 2:12PM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362301

Before I download unnecessarily: Does 11.2 come with a compatible version of the Queue Manager for rendering nodes?

Yes.

I tested network rendering almost every day the last month.

As did a couple of other testers with networks set up.

Fantastic to hear! ? Thank you.

Richard60 ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 1:09 AM

Poser 11 Standard is the first non-Pro version to be 64 bit. You had the option to use 32 or 64 bit or both if you had the Pro versions.

I would really like to know where it has been said by Smith Micro they are turning off their activation server? Since that server is also used by MoHo which is a program SM is still selling and supporting it will really come as a big surprise to a lot of MoHo users as there is no mention of this at Lost Marble the MoHo web site. Also since when has Poser Pro 2014 needed the activation server? Since I run a site license of 14 copies at the College I work at it would be really nice to have been sent an e-mail saying that it is going to stop working. And has been said by Jenn in another thread they (Bondware) only has Poser 11 and none of the other versions or their updates.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 2:50 AM

Richard60 posted at 12:33AM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362364

Poser 11 Standard is the first non-Pro version to be 64 bit. You had the option to use 32 or 64 bit or both if you had the Pro versions.

I would really like to know where it has been said by Smith Micro they are turning off their activation server? Since that server is also used by MoHo which is a program SM is still selling and supporting it will really come as a big surprise to a lot of MoHo users as there is no mention of this at Lost Marble the MoHo web site. Also since when has Poser Pro 2014 needed the activation server? Since I run a site license of 14 copies at the College I work at it would be really nice to have been sent an e-mail saying that it is going to stop working. And has been said by Jenn in another thread they (Bondware) only has Poser 11 and none of the other versions or their updates.

A long time ago I was an Engineering Technician. With the other Techs, we were a tight group and traded information as needed to finish our tasks. One of the members of our group got another job within the company. I went to him with an issue about an integrated circuit that he had worked on the previous week. He gave me a blank look and said, "Rob, I don't know anything about that chip."

He knew everything about that chip.

The point was, he was in a different job and no longer was ALLOWED to give help on his previous posting. My point is now that Poser is Renderosity property, anything done by SM regarding Poser is purely a transitional courtesy. The day they sold it, unless there is a written agreement, they can give you a blank look and say, "I don't know anything about this Poser you speak of." Right now, the old forum is gone, and soon everything will be gone. It would be nice if SM had sent out an email regarding everything and to thank us for the fish but as far I know (AFAIK) SM has sent out nothing.

As far I know, Only Poser Pro 14 Game Developer needed an activation server. Correction needed if possible.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 4:14 AM

quietrob posted at 5:10AM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362367 Right now, the old forum is gone, and soon everything will be gone. It would be nice if SM had sent out an email regarding everything and to thank us for the fish but as far I know (AFAIK) SM has sent out nothing.

As far I know, Only Poser Pro 14 Game Developer needed an activation server. Correction needed if possible.

Actually, the Poser forum is still there, and you can read through it... for now. As far as I know, you just can't post. At least I can't because Content Paradise was part of my login info, and THAT's gone.

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 4:47 AM

Verified. Thanks Earl. You can access the forum. For now. Indeed, no posting so like my old workmate said, "I don't know nothing about this Poser." (paraphrase)

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 5:45 AM
Online Now!

Richard60 posted at 5:44AM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362364

I think when people say they're turning off the server, they just mean Poser will no longer be on it. SM has other software which will still use the old activation server, I presume.

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 8:08 AM

someone said they got an email about all this upgrading and stuff. I've been here since day 1... have no email. There is nothing official that I can see about buying or getting free upgrade for P11 standard users to Pro 11.2. there is the early adapter program, which i signed up for, but it would not install and I have no time for messing with it. What i see in the store is the upgrade to Pro 11 for $99. That's at https://www.posersoftware.com/. The Poser 11 Pro product here at Renderosity has never had Poser 11 standard listed as one of the products you could upgrade from. It will upgrade though. I tried it a couple of times..just need to input your serial number.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 10:48 AM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2019 at 10:54 AM

Dave-So posted at 8:44AM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362387

someone said they got an email about all this upgrading and stuff. I've been here since day 1... have no email. There is nothing official that I can see about buying or getting free upgrade for P11 standard users to Pro 11.2. there is the early adapter program, which i signed up for, but it would not install and I have no time for messing with it. What i see in the store is the upgrade to Pro 11 for $99. That's at https://www.posersoftware.com/. The Poser 11 Pro product here at Renderosity has never had Poser 11 standard listed as one of the products you could upgrade from. It will upgrade though. I tried it a couple of times..just need to input your serial number.

Did you check the newsletter? Are you subscribed to the Renderosity newsletter? Mine came on Sept. 16th. This Newsletter

structure ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 11:12 AM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2019 at 11:13 AM
Forum Coordinator
Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 11:27 AM

samsiahaija posted at 9:20AM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362237

And forcing people to update is not a nice business strategy.....

Well...

Let's look at this from another angle: Microsoft no longer supports a lot of the stuff they used to which required remote DRM (for example, if you still have a Zune full of MSFT Store-purchased tunes, or a Sidekick that still worked and had your text history on it, I'd be genuinely surprised.) They stopped supporting Windows 8 awhile back (though if you shelled out a zillion ducats for an Enterprise License Agreement with them, you get some support for it until July 2020)... and don't even ask about Windows 7, Vista, or XP.

I'm not known for Poser apologia, but let's be fair: Rendo/Bondware didn't make or sell anything older than Poser 11, nor (IMHO) should it be responsible (evne on an ethical level) for anything beyond providing perma-licensing patches where reasonable (or a patch to just remove the stupid DRM on the older stuff), and maybe provide any urgent/critical security patches for perhaps one version back or so.

If the software is more than 2-3 years old, nobody owes you anything, unfortunately.

samsiahaija ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 12:22 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2019 at 12:27 PM

Penguinisto posted at 12:17PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362420

samsiahaija posted at 9:20AM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362237

And forcing people to update is not a nice business strategy.....

Well...

Let's look at this from another angle: Microsoft no longer supports a lot of the stuff they used to which required remote DRM (for example, if you still have a Zune full of MSFT Store-purchased tunes, or a Sidekick that still worked and had your text history on it, I'd be genuinely surprised.) They stopped supporting Windows 8 awhile back (though if you shelled out a zillion ducats for an Enterprise License Agreement with them, you get some support for it until July 2020)... and don't even ask about Windows 7, Vista, or XP.

I'm not known for Poser apologia, but let's be fair: Rendo/Bondware didn't make or sell anything older than Poser 11, nor (IMHO) should it be responsible (evne on an ethical level) for anything beyond providing perma-licensing patches where reasonable (or a patch to just remove the stupid DRM on the older stuff), and maybe provide any urgent/critical security patches for perhaps one version back or so.

If the software is more than 2-3 years old, nobody owes you anything, unfortunately.

I have Poser 11 Standard. Quite current. No less current than 11 Pro. The same installers as Poser 11 Pro, only with some functionality switched off. I'd consider it odd when they pull the plug. Even my Poser 7, 6, 5 and 4 are still running. Anyway, I'm low on money. I'd have to save until Christmas to afford the upgrade to Pro and spend nothing on content for that period. I'd have to reconsider if that's the way to go.

jartz ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 2:24 PM

I'm a Poser 11.2 Early Adopter (from SM's P11 Pro upgrade from PP2012), once I download the update tomorrow, do I need to uninstall SM's version including the beta (Early Adopter) and install the update or do I just install over the old one? I hope this can be understood.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600ย - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz ยท Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit ยท 16GB DDR4 RAM ยท 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 2:32 PM

Well, well, well, suddenly we have 3 avowed DS users, one who just upgraded his entire system to use DS, concern trolling this forum.

Yeah, it's just a coincidence. (/sarcasm)

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 2:33 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2019 at 2:34 PM

jartz posted at 3:33PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362432

I'm a Poser 11.2 Early Adopter (from SM's P11 Pro upgrade from PP2012), once I download the update tomorrow, do I need to uninstall SM's version including the beta (Early Adopter) and install the update or do I just install over the old one? I hope this can be understood.

Jartz, the only thing you need to do is install tomorrow's update to your system. Once that is done, you will be disconnected from SM forever.

Your Poser Pro 11 will be updated, and your PP2012 will work the same as it always has.

MKDAWUSS ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 2:45 PM

I'm on Poser 2014. Is today more or less going to be my last day with that?

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 2:49 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2019 at 2:49 PM

MKDAWUSS posted at 3:48PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362438

I'm on Poser 2014. Is today more or less going to be my last day with that?

Did you upgrade to Poser Pro 2014 Game Developer?

If not, then, none of this affects you at all. POSER PRO 2014 (NOT GAME DEV) WILL WORK AS IT ALWAYS HAS.

jartz ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 3:03 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 3:02PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362437

jartz posted at 3:33PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362432

Jartz, the only thing you need to do is install tomorrow's update to your system. Once that is done, you will be disconnected from SM forever.

Your Poser Pro 11 will be updated, and your PP2012 will work the same as it always has.

Thanks, Glitterati for the info. I'm not running PP2012, as I just run only PP11 Pro on one machine.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600ย - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz ยท Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit ยท 16GB DDR4 RAM ยท 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

erogenesis ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 3:34 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2019 at 3:36 PM

an0malaus posted at 10:21PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362332

@erogenesis, I'd think it's probably worth raising the ticket, though perhaps with the added suggestion that future releases have a preference setting allowing that category information to be suppressed from the clipboard. A python script is certainly a useful workaround, though. I've certainly made plenty of use of pose animations copied to a text editor and even imported them into Excel to subject them to calculation munging and pasted them back into Poser via the text editor again. It's worth asking for workflow flexibility features, and at least one won't have to spend years blue in the face withholding one's breath waiting for any kind of response from SM, due to their being bound hand and foot in red tape and funding limitations. ;-)

I'll think about it. I first wanna see how Bondware tackle Poser before I wear myself out again with all this stuff. As you know, there's a LOT I can suggest (and have suggested over the years) but I have the feeling pissed off too many people here with my big mouth for me to think that I'd be taken seriously ever again ๐Ÿ˜… Which is just as well because I need to work VERY hard on my comics for the next few years anyway. Never-the-less I look forward to what Bondware might be able to do for Poser. Their recent email gives me the feeling they're a little more proactive than Smith Micro, but that might be too early to really tell. I am very curious, in any case.

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."

caisson ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 3:49 PM

samsiahaija posted at 9:33PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362422

I have Poser 11 Standard ... Anyway, I'm low on money. I'd have to save until Christmas to afford the upgrade to Pro and spend nothing on content for that period. I'd have to reconsider if that's the way to go.

Anyone who has Poser 11 gets the 11.2 update for free. That means you get the Pro features and new content for free. Happy Christmas ;)

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

samsiahaija ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 3:59 PM

caisson posted at 3:54PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362450

samsiahaija posted at 9:33PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362422

I have Poser 11 Standard ... Anyway, I'm low on money. I'd have to save until Christmas to afford the upgrade to Pro and spend nothing on content for that period. I'd have to reconsider if that's the way to go.

Anyone who has Poser 11 gets the 11.2 update for free. That means you get the Pro features and new content for free. Happy Christmas ;)

Just received an official email confirming this. Even P14 Game Dev owners are being given this courtesy- What remains to be said is a big thank you to Renderosity.!!! And a Happy New Year! :)

erogenesis ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 4:44 PM

samsiahaija posted at 11:40PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362452

Just received an official email confirming this. Even P14 Game Dev owners are being given this courtesy- What remains to be said is a big thank you to Renderosity.!!! And a Happy New Year! :)

WHAT???? Even Game Dev upgrades to P11.2????? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Does that mean I'll basically get an extra p11 license free??

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."

samsiahaija ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 5:00 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2019 at 5:01 PM

erogenesis posted at 4:58PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362465

samsiahaija posted at 11:40PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362452

WHAT???? Even Game Dev upgrades to P11.2????? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Does that mean I'll basically get an extra p11 license free??

Yes. But your P14 Game Dev will no longer be able to call and reach Smith Micro and will stop working shortly.

erogenesis ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 5:10 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2019 at 5:11 PM

samsiahaija posted at 12:06AM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362466

Yes.

๐Ÿ˜€

But your P14 Game Dev will no longer be able to call and reach Smith Micro and will stop working shortly.

Not entirely, from what I understood from Bondware. If your copy 'checks in', yes it will stop working at some point (like after the grace period). If you however set it to permanent (and doesn't check in anymore), it will carry on working regardless. Now I'm not sure if your system is online if it checks anyway, but my systems are offline, so I'll be fine. (When the time comes, I will temporarily have to go online to upgrade to 11.2 of course)

Beyond that, from what I understood, I can download the upgrade and as long as my serial checks out, the upgrade will work. I'm assuming that rendo/Bondware have all my license info independent from SM.

samsiahaija ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 5:20 PM

erogenesis posted at 5:14PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362468

samsiahaija posted at 12:06AM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362466

Yes.

๐Ÿ˜€

But your P14 Game Dev will no longer be able to call and reach Smith Micro and will stop working shortly.

Not entirely, from what I understood from Bondware. If your copy 'checks in', yes it will stop working at some point (like after the grace period). If you however set it to permanent (and doesn't check in anymore), it will carry on working regardless. Now I'm not sure if your system is online if it checks anyway, but my systems are offline, so I'll be fine. (When the time comes, I will temporarily have to go online to upgrade to 11.2 of course)

Beyond that, from what I understood, I can download the upgrade and as long as my serial checks out, the upgrade will work. I'm assuming that rendo/Bondware have all my license info independent from SM.

I'm just a hobbyist and mostly online: And quite oblivious to what Poser 11 does in the background. I'm just happy I'll keep a running Poser 11. Recently bought a copy of your ProjectE, still need to play with it, and she won't work in Poser 7..... (Thanks for the nice clothing freebies)

Nagra_00_ ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 5:21 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2019 at 5:21 PM

Can someone please tell me if Poser 11.2 comes with a permanent license or not?

BTW i found this in the PoserSupport.pkg i just downloaded from www.posersoftware.com/downloads :

INSTALLER_TEMP_DATA="/tmp/com.smithmicro.poserInstallerData";

Thought this is a version from Rendo/Boundware why is there still โ€œcom.smithmicroโ€ in the installer?

erogenesis ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 5:35 PM

samsiahaija posted at 12:30AM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362469

I'm just a hobbyist and mostly online: And quite oblivious to what Poser 11 does in the background. I'm just happy I'll keep a running Poser 11. Recently bought a copy of your ProjectE, still need to play with it, and she won't work in Poser 7..... (Thanks for the nice clothing freebies)

You're more than welcome. Cheers for getting PE! I hope I can continue doing something fun for her some time soon. I do have plans but I'm keeping my mouth shut until I have something!

PS: I know a LOT about Poser, but I'm also still oblivious to what Poser 11 does in the background sometimes lol

Nagra_00_ posted at 12:34AM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362470

Can someone please tell me if Poser 11.2 comes with a permanent license or not?

If you're talking about a permanent license as in that Poser doesn't need to be online (or doesn't 'check in'), I just heard from someone that this is possible, but I don't have the official source.

Nagra_00_ ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 5:48 PM

erogenesis posted at 12:47AM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362474

If you're talking about a permanent license as in that Poser doesn't need to be online (or doesn't 'check in'), I just heard from someone that this is possible, but I don't have the official source.

I see, default behaviour is periodical license re-validation. So i have to postpone my installation until an official statement on how to make my license permanent.

erogenesis ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 6:35 PM

Nagra_00_ posted at 1:34AM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362481

erogenesis posted at 12:47AM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362474

I see, default behaviour is periodical license re-validation. So i have to postpone my installation until an official statement on how to make my license permanent.

I'll follow it up for you, as its also quite a big deal for me, but it is possible, thank goodness.

Nagra_00_ ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 6:47 PM

erogenesis posted at 1:46AM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362493

I'll follow it up for you, as its also quite a big deal for me, but it is possible, thank goodness.

Thank you but no need from my side ATM. I gave 11.2 a try and after 10-15 minutes of playing with it i reverted back to an older 11.1 version. On my Mac this version performs even worse than the lasted 11.1, sorry but thats how it is.

HKHan99 ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 9:56 PM

Okay, I'm sick and obviously delirious, so excuse me if this is a bit of ramble. I downloaded the update without reading all this stuff, so clearly I'm feverish, but it seeeeeeeems to have worked out okay. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even though I had Poser 11.1 Standard, I now have Poser Pro 11.2. So far, so good. It seems to have automatically recognized my license and everything. A quick look around suggests that this update/upgrade has addressed a pretty big fraction of the issues I had with Poser. Don't know about limitations with the render engines yet, but I like the content and some of the Pro features I didn't have before. So, yay! I'm not clear on what has been done with the library- it seems to have kept stuff that I saved in Poser 11 Content before I knew better, and stuff I saved in the Downloads file, but ditched the library I made myself. I mean, it still exists, but Poser isn't seeing it anymore. It also made all the interface elements microscopically small. Other than that, it seems like a very smooth transition with a lot of benefits. So, good job, Bondware. I'm finding a lot of the back-and-forth about licenses confusing, so I hope I'm not missing something that's going to bite me in the @ss, but what I've messed with so far seems to work. And La Femme has hair! OMG.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 10:06 PM
Online Now!

Thanks for the report. I've downloaded the update but am waiting for other guinea pigs to go first before installing it. ;-)

You should be able to fix the microscopic text on the Interface tab in Edit -> General Preferences. I have a high res monitor and old eyes, so my UI Scale is set to 2.0.

You should be able to add your missing Runtime back, too, the way you would add any Runtime.

GhostWolf ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:43 AM

Do I need to install a new "Poser Download Manager" software, since Bondware is now the new owner of Poser and not Smith Micro anymore?

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 6:39 AM

GhostWolf posted at 7:39AM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362570

Do I need to install a new "Poser Download Manager" software, since Bondware is now the new owner of Poser and not Smith Micro anymore?

No.

tkdrobert ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:02 AM

I installed this last night along with the new content, however, I don't see Dawn, Dusk, or the new horse. La Feme is there a bunch of other new stuff, but not Dawn, Dusk, or the Horse. ????

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:24 AM

tkdrobert posted at 2:23PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362593

I installed this last night along with the new content, however, I don't see Dawn, Dusk, or the new horse. La Feme is there a bunch of other new stuff, but not Dawn, Dusk, or the Horse. ???? Check again. Now it is.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

mr_phoenyxx ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 10:15 AM

I know I am late to the party, but I only found out about all of this today.

I also do not want to install this update any time soon. For a long list of reasons that I do not wish to type here. Just please accept that I have very good reasons. I am in a similar position to Erogenesis, but I do not have a "permanent license". Whatever that is.

Do I have any other options besides upgrading? Or am I going to lose access to the software that is my only source of income as of today?

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 10:26 AM

mr_phoenyxx posted at 5:25PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362668

I also do not want to install this update any time soon. For a long list of reasons that I do not wish to type here. Just please accept that I have very good reasons. I am in a similar position to Erogenesis, but I do not have a "permanent license". Whatever that is.

Do I have any other options besides upgrading? Or am I going to lose access to the software that is my only source of income as of today?

Put in a ticket and explain your situation and they may help you out. https://support.posersoftware.com/portal/newticket

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

mr_phoenyxx ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 10:39 AM

ghostman posted at 9:39AM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362674

mr_phoenyxx posted at 5:25PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362668

Put in a ticket and explain your situation and they may help you out. https://support.posersoftware.com/portal/newticket

Done. Thank you! :)

erogenesis ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 10:59 AM

mr_phoenyxx posted at 5:53PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362668

For the record I really do support Bondware/Rendo's upgrade, and if you can, definitely upgrade , but yes some of us might not be ready to upgrade just yet. An upgrade can change up a lot of things unexpectedly and is not recommended smack in the middle of a very intense project.

So for now I recommend you make your licenses permanent at SM while they're still up: https://pgportal.smithmicro.com/authentication/signin

Just fill in your license info and if you see this: Poser Pro License type: permanent License state: enabled then you're in business.

Then block Poser from accessing the internet using Advanced Firewall just to be sure. That way you can keep using Poser the way you wish until you're ready to upgrade to 11.2. Obviously, unblock Poser when you do this.

PS: if you by chance have to move your installation to another PC in the next month (you never know), if the SM server is still active you can unblock Poser, deactivate the license in Poser, and then install and activate on the other PC. Then go back to the pgportal and make permanent again. But that will only work if SM is still active.

I expect this should work... hopefully. This is the road I am taking for now, until I'm done with my comic end of this month / beginning of October.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:40 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:40 AM

Does the links for the additional content work for anyone? I am getting 404's (or am I too early)

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:46 AM

3doutlaw posted at 12:45PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362685

Does the links for the additional content work for anyone? I am getting 404's (or am I too early)

I'm getting them too.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:48 AM

@3doutlaw: I downloaded all the content earlier today. Did it in batches of about 4 to 6 files at a time. All downloaded fine. Not sure if there's an issue now. Perhaps someone can chime in. I know I can get to the additional content page, but didn't try to start another download session. I hope it gets sorted out for you quickly!

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:54 AM

OK, its just started working again, thanks!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:54 AM

I installed the upgrade today from poser 11 and noticed that it's now Bondware Poser Pro. It use to be just poser 11 does this mean I now have the means to render using my GPU?

My Facebook Page

erogenesis ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 12:15 PM

3doutlaw posted at 7:15PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362689

OK, its just started working again, thanks!

I'm also struggling, but I'm pretty sure it will go up and down for a while. The traffic must be insane.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 1:48 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2019 at 1:49 PM

I think I'll just wait a couple of days and save the bandwidth for others - my version is already non-SM anyway so I'm safe ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm curious about the content from HW3d, but it can wait a couple of days.

- - - - - -ย 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

HKHan99 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 3:45 PM

So, here's a very minor issue- my new serial# has seven "O"s in it, with no way to tell if they are zeroes or the letter O or a mix of both. Not a problem at the moment because it was dealt with automatically, but god forbid I should ever have to type it in somewhere. Does anyone know if these are zeroes or Os?

gate ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:13 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:18 PM

I guess if you really want to make sure to keep your 11.1 version working you can do so with a few simple steps

1. make a backup of your activated Licence go to C:-ProgramData-Poser-11 and backup this folder in case it gets corrupted or deactivated
  2. go to C:-Windows-System32-drivers-etc there you will find the "hosts" file open it with a text editor
  3. add that line on the bottom 127.0.0.1 my.nalpeiron.com then save the hosts file this will make sure that Poser will not call home and prevent the conflict of activation check same result as if you were offline the old version is setup to call the smith micro host and this method should make sure that poser will not cause an error when trying to call home and cant reach the host.

Like I said I assume that it will work and this way you may be able to keep your version as loong as you wish having it or until your projects are done without risc

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:18 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:21 PM

HKHan99 posted at 8:16PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362746

So, here's a very minor issue- my new serial# has seven "O"s in it, with no way to tell if they are zeroes or the letter O or a mix of both. Not a problem at the moment because it was dealt with automatically, but god forbid I should ever have to type it in somewhere. Does anyone know if these are zeroes or Os?

0's. ๐Ÿ˜

Zeroes. Poser serial codes always use zeroes.

Also, if you check your Product registration under the help menu, you'll find your serial number there. Just copy and paste.

HKHan99 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:56 PM

EClark1894 posted at 11:53PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362801

HKHan99 posted at 8:16PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362746

0's. ๐Ÿ˜

Zeroes. Poser serial codes always use zeroes.

Also, if you check your Product registration under the help menu, you'll find your serial number there. Just copy and paste.

Thanks. I had a really long modem key once that used both, and also was printed on the modem in a font where one and ell looked the same. What a nightmare that was- no copy and paste available.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.