Thu, Sep 19, 11:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Orion for Poser 11

ilona ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 11:05 PM

oooohhhhhhh.. I am really excited about this guy.... huhum.... 2 thumbs up!!!!!

arifzhafir ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2019 at 12:07 PM

AmbientShade, you need a suit-type personality to come in and help you manage this project and your PR. But you seem to be the lonely genius type, born in June perhaps? It's sad that the people at BondWare don't rope you in to make Poser more viable, since they've made the uncommercial decision to ignore Genesis as a compatible figure. As close as you seem to be, you could have a major release of both genders with full wardrobes by January IF there were no political considerations.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2019 at 3:32 PM

arifzhafir posted at 4:29PM Tue, 12 November 2019 - #4370005

AmbientShade, you need a suit-type personality to come in and help you manage this project and your PR. But you seem to be the lonely genius type, born in June perhaps? It's sad that the people at BondWare don't rope you in to make Poser more viable, since they've made the uncommercial decision to ignore Genesis as a compatible figure. As close as you seem to be, you could have a major release of both genders with full wardrobes by January IF there were no political considerations.

Thanks, much appreciated. I think their focus seems to be on LaFemme and her male counterpart tho. They're built by a more reputable artist, so it's understandable. No worries, I'm fine doing my own thing. Oh, and September, actually. Libra. ;)

CHK2033 ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2019 at 4:05 PM · edited Tue, 12 November 2019 at 4:06 PM

Really? what a shame, anyway hurry up and finish,I mean of course take your time so everything's as perfect as it can be...but hurry up. :) EST?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2019 at 4:08 PM · edited Tue, 12 November 2019 at 4:09 PM

yes, dammit!! hurry up!! [stomps foot]

i need a good holiday pressie...

😀

jennblake ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2019 at 4:55 PM

Hello.

I had offered support for you on this. 😄 I have your window on skype still...anytime you want to move on this let me know. 😄

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 13 November 2019 at 1:12 PM · edited Wed, 13 November 2019 at 1:13 PM

jennblake posted at 12:54PM Wed, 13 November 2019 - #4370039

Hello.

I had offered support for you on this. 😄 I have your window on skype still...anytime you want to move on this let me know. 😄

Yes, correct and I appreciate that. I got the impression that arifzhafir was referring to something a bit more official in their comment that I replied to, while what you and I have discussed seemed more in line with vendor support once the figures are final. But I can't start asking vendors to create content until I have a finalized figure for them to work with.

I've run into various issues that tend to become roadblocks and set things back until I figure out how to fix them. As resourceful as this community can be with most things Poser, there is little information regarding the full development of a complete figure. Most tends to be pretty straight forward, but when you run into some of the issues that I've had no one seems to have an answer, so a lot of it I've had to sort out on my own through trial and error. That takes time away from actual development and progressing to an end point, which gets frustrating, to the point I have to take a break from it and work on something else for a while.

That is the extremely condensed version of what I just spent an hour or so typing out then deleted, as I don't want to come across as complaining or accusing, lol. I'm thinking about starting a video series on building a full Poser figure from start to finish (modeling, rigging, morphing, etc), but then I'd be robbing folks of the joys of running into all those issues on their own.

jennblake ( ) posted Wed, 13 November 2019 at 1:57 PM

Well if you have specific questions or need help with a particular issue...please email me at jennblake@renderosity.com and I can find help or address your concerns/issues as I can. 😄 Having helped in the creation of a figure I know all too well the roadblocks involved. LOL I will do my best to help you along.

movida ( ) posted Wed, 13 November 2019 at 3:54 PM

AmbientShade posted at 3:52PM Wed, 13 November 2019 - #4370124

jennblake posted at 12:54PM Wed, 13 November 2019 - #4370039

Hello.

I've run into various issues that tend to become roadblocks and set things back until I figure out how to fix them. As resourceful as this community can be with most things Poser, there is little information regarding the full development of a complete figure.

Are you familiar with B.L. Render's "Secrets of Figure Creation with Poser 5" it's an oldie but you never know :) (Bloodsong's Heavy Horse etc.,)

AmbientShade ( ) posted Thu, 14 November 2019 at 1:15 AM

movida posted at 2:13AM Thu, 14 November 2019 - #4370135

Are you familiar with B.L. Render's "Secrets of Figure Creation with Poser 5" it's an oldie but you never know :) (Bloodsong's Heavy Horse etc.,)

Yes.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2019 at 9:06 AM

So, I finally figured out how to switch control handles on and off in the cr2 - that took some digging and a lot of experimenting. I had to take all my previous control handles out and redo them. But that allowed me to make them function a bit better so that's a plus, I guess. Some anomalies I discovered while doing all this, doesn't make sense to me. Some things have to be done within the cr2, as doing it directly from within Poser does not work the same even tho there's technically no reason for it not to. Would be nice if we could get these cr2 editing tools opened up in Poser so we don't have to go blind scrolling through hundreds of thousands of cr2 lines of code.

At any rate, I'm now working on transferring some morphs to the current Orion build and will be posting some more test renders of them.

In the meantime what kind of clothing/content would you like to have in a starter set?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2019 at 9:14 AM

Purely curiousity asking, Shane, but you have any displacement and normal maps to show details and definition?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2019 at 9:21 AM

Re: clothing starters. Remember those old V4/M4 tunic and pants sets that had several material zones so they could be easily retextured from modern sleeveless or short sleeve t-shirts and jeans to historical/fantasy tunics and stuff? That'd be great to see, because even a complete amateur like me can deal with those matzones, Also, shoes that aren't sneakers.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2019 at 9:21 AM · edited Tue, 03 December 2019 at 9:22 AM

@Earl I'm working on them, yes. There will be HD morphs too. I was hoping that Substance Painter would be updated for UDIM support by now, but I haven't seen any word on it yet. They said it would be coming this fall - well, fall is almost over and still nothing. So I've been working on it in zbrush, but would much rather use painter.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2019 at 9:22 AM

AmbientShade posted at 4:21PM Tue, 03 December 2019 - #4372150

In the meantime what kind of clothing/content would you like to have in a starter set?

Slacks, sneakers, sweatshirts. Cargos, hoodies, boxers. Contemporary everyday clothing would fit best for a starter set I think.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2019 at 9:27 AM

AmbientShade posted at 10:26AM Tue, 03 December 2019 - #4372154

@Earl I'm working on them, yes. There will be HD morphs too. I was hoping that Substance Painter would be updated for UDIM support by now, but I haven't seen any word on it yet. They said it would be coming this fall - well, fall is almost over and still nothing. So I've been working on it in zbrush, but would much rather use painter.

Supposedly Substance Painter 2020 is coming out around the 17th. I'm waiting for UDIM support as well, but I haven't seen it mentioned if that will definitely be in the next update.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2019 at 9:30 AM

DreaminGirl posted at 10:28AM Tue, 03 December 2019 - #4372155

AmbientShade posted at 4:21PM Tue, 03 December 2019 - #4372150

Slacks, sneakers, sweatshirts. Cargos, hoodies, boxers. Contemporary everyday clothing would fit best for a starter set I think.

Standard leotards and boots for superhero costume. Tee shirts. Necktie and coat.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2019 at 9:36 AM · edited Tue, 03 December 2019 at 9:37 AM

there was supposed to be a painter 2.1 including linux support and udim. Now they're calling it substance 2020? Hmm. Granted, I haven't downloaded any updates lately so I'll have to check. I just want udim support so I can finally buy out my perpetual license and be done with the subscription, lol. They're ending perpetual option next October last I read so time is ticking, and really don't like painting in zbrush cause it requires working on multi-millon pollys and makes my machine groan.

https://www.digitalmediaworld.tv/s-ware/883-substance-painter-2-1-supports-linux-and-udim-textures

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2019 at 9:41 AM · edited Tue, 03 December 2019 at 9:42 AM

Rhia474 posted at 10:39AM Tue, 03 December 2019 - #4372153

Re: clothing starters. Remember those old V4/M4 tunic and pants sets that had several material zones so they could be easily retextured from modern sleeveless or short sleeve t-shirts and jeans to historical/fantasy tunics and stuff? That'd be great to see, because even a complete amateur like me can deal with those matzones, Also, shoes that aren't sneakers.

I think I have those, maybe for V3/M3. Would have to go dig them up.

He is getting a body suit with multiple mat zones that will also double as a merchant resource, so you can cut it up and make your own stuff. It's modeled, just haven't rigged it yet.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2019 at 10:23 AM

I think it was Valiant for M4? I remember some vendors released some great texture freebies for it as well as commercial, and the matzones were easy to texture with materials like knits, prints, even chainmail.

elena_c ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2019 at 1:43 PM

I'd love a clothing set similar to the one Apollo Maximus came with, consisting of a vest, tunic, belt, pants, and boots. The tunic had an option of being sleeveless. There was also some sort of bracers. That would be sufficient for basic fantasy stuff.

Apollo also had a second set consisting of jeans, T shirt, and modern shoes.

quietrob ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2019 at 7:38 PM

AmbientShade posted at 5:35PM Tue, 03 December 2019 - #4372158

there was supposed to be a painter 2.1 including linux support and udim. Now they're calling it substance 2020? Hmm. Granted, I haven't downloaded any updates lately so I'll have to check. I just want udim support so I can finally buy out my perpetual license and be done with the subscription, lol. They're ending perpetual option next October last I read so time is ticking, and really don't like painting in zbrush cause it requires working on multi-millon pollys and makes my machine groan.

It looks like under 100 bucks for a perpetual license. That's 50 bucks less than the photoshop plugin I want. For those that don't have the link but the income Try here

https://www.digitalmediaworld.tv/s-ware/883-substance-painter-2-1-supports-linux-and-udim-textures

I read about HD morphs. I am looking forward to that.

arifzhafir ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2019 at 8:48 AM

Clothing: relaxed fit jeans with modeled pockets, fly, waistband, seams, loops; t-shirt with modeled collar & removable sleeves; open jacket (whatever you can manage)

aztecmarco ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2019 at 11:11 AM

Any chance Orion will be available before Christmas? I've got money burning a hole in my pocket. Also is it possible to see more preview images?

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 4:45 AM · edited Sun, 08 December 2019 at 4:46 AM

aztecmarco posted at 5:40AM Sun, 08 December 2019 - #4372521

Any chance Orion will be available before Christmas? I've got money burning a hole in my pocket. Also is it possible to see more preview images?

The short answer is most likely not before Christmas. There are several things I need to get finished and 2.5 weeks just isn't enough time (I work a full time job and this is done on my days off when I have time - and energy). I'm hoping for sometime in January. But yes there will be more renders.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 7:28 AM

Rhia474 posted at 7:23AM Sun, 08 December 2019 - #4372165

I think it was Valiant for M4? I remember some vendors released some great texture freebies for it as well as commercial, and the matzones were easy to texture with materials like knits, prints, even chainmail.

This ↑

I love the Valiant and Courageous sets for M4 and V4. Just so useful, for fantasy and SF, as well as contemporary.

I, personally, don't have much use for contemporary clothing like jeans, hoodies, shorts, sneakers. I just don't do contemporary renders very often, and they're not easily re-purposed for fantasy, SF, historical, etc.

I also found the bodysuits they made for V4 and M4 very useful. The material zones let you make them into just about anything close-fitting (bathing suit, leotard, etc.).

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 10:27 AM

To be brutally honest here, after seeing the limited previews for L'Homme, I want Orion more and more. I look forward to his release and would be more than happy to work up some texture packs for this.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 11:38 AM

I'm putting as much time into this as I can, trying to make the wait worth it for y'all. I'm working on a couple render projects now that I hope I can share soon. If I just posted screen grabs of various things then they probably won't come across the right way - we all know how important presentation can be.

movida ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 12:23 PM

The wait is worth it :) Fear not

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 12:29 PM

randym77 posted at 11:22AM Sun, 08 December 2019 - #4372689

Rhia474 posted at 7:23AM Sun, 08 December 2019 - #4372165

This ↑

I love the Valiant and Courageous sets for M4 and V4. Just so useful, for fantasy and SF, as well as contemporary.

I, personally, don't have much use for contemporary clothing like jeans, hoodies, shorts, sneakers. I just don't do contemporary renders very often, and they're not easily re-purposed for fantasy, SF, historical, etc.

I also found the bodysuits they made for V4 and M4 very useful. The material zones let you make them into just about anything close-fitting (bathing suit, leotard, etc.)

I also LOVE Valiant for M4 as well as Courageous for V4.

It was very easy to run through Wardrobe Wizard, Xdresser, and the Fitting room.

With the Star Trek TOS freebie textures, all of my characters (Victoria/Millennium man through V4/M4, all of the native Poser figures (P6 - P11), Dawn, Dusk, Apollo Maximus, Kos, Kez, Antonia, Michelle, Markiko, Eroko, Maya Doll, PE, Rikishi, and Scarlet in my TOS comic are in the same outfit..

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 4:30 PM

There's an amazing variety of Trek textures for Valiant and Courageous. Voyager, Deep Space Nine, TNG, and ST:TMP uniform textures, Klingon outfits, various guest star costumes.

They really are surprisingly versatile.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2019 at 2:56 PM · edited Thu, 12 December 2019 at 3:04 PM

@AmbientShade

Do you need any testers? Testers that will give you actual feedback and not just blindly gushing? 😄

Edit: Oh hey you're a mod again! welcome back!

qaz ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2019 at 1:37 PM

@AmbientShade

Looking good ! Morphing is my specialty. If you would like to see what I can do with the mesh and give feedback, please PM me

AmbientShade ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2019 at 12:52 PM

I'm not ignoring you all. Updates to come very soon (hopefully)

ps: If you ever want to torture someone make them rig a face.

Retrowave ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2019 at 1:17 PM

Congratulations on sticking with this project and following it through, Shane. The thought of having to rig even a single hand is enough to keep me away from figure development, so you have my sympathy for creating, weight-mapping and rigging an entire figure as a one-man-band like you have.

The result was definitely worth it, love the topology, and it's a damn shame these bases of yours are not Poser's defaults!

AmbientShade ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2019 at 1:18 PM

Thanks.

I'd gladly rig a thousand hands if it meant never having to rig another face.

Retrowave ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2020 at 3:31 PM

Well it looks like Poser won't be going in the direction I was hoping, so I'm slipping back into obscurity now. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with this. I was just looking at Dawn on Hivewire and saw how much they're asking for figures these days. I had no idea figure packs were going for $100 now, it's like the price of a software upgrade!

At that rate, I think you'll make a killing as long as you bundle some stuff with them on release and sell them as starter bundles.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2020 at 3:37 PM

There may even be a blender native version at some point. (Keep that a secret tho)

Retrowave ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2020 at 5:08 PM

Your secret is safe, Shane, you could even pre-rig the face for facial mocap on the Blender version (I know you enjoy that stuff) 😁

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2020 at 9:45 PM

Retrowave posted at 10:37PM Sat, 04 January 2020 - #4375504

Well it looks like Poser won't be going in the direction I was hoping, so I'm slipping back into obscurity now. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with this. I was just looking at Dawn on Hivewire and saw how much they're asking for figures these days. I had no idea figure packs were going for $100 now, it's like the price of a software upgrade!

At that rate, I think you'll make a killing as long as you bundle some stuff with them on release and sell them as starter bundles.

At HiveWire, you don't absolutely HAVE to get all 10 products in the Starter Pack. Just getting DawnSE, her Starter Morphs, and the Everyday Poses is enough to start with. Then you can get any items of clothing you like. The Starter Pack was put together so folks can have a wide variety of items for her, but no one says you have to get them all at once.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2020 at 4:19 AM

Another excuse to learn blender? ooooh..

Retrowave ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2020 at 12:13 PM · edited Sun, 05 January 2020 at 12:15 PM

@Miss B - Oh I know, but it's the same on DAZ as well, it's like $100 for a quality figure pack. Since the figures Shane is working on will be brand new, no one will have stuff for them anyway. So he might as well take advantage of that and bundle stuff with them on release as a starter pack if that's the sort of price these things fetch.

I think as long as he produces some nice promotional material for them, showing their quality and that they have a wardrobe on release, he'll sell those bundles, but I also think he should put an emphasis on advertising the quality and topology etc.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2020 at 1:15 PM

I'll save most of the details for later once I have everything ironed out but I'll say that these figures will be a more complete base package than what most figures come with. It's a lot of planning, figuring out what works and what doesn't and modifying from there, rinse, repeat. It's a lot more than just creating 'yet another figure' when there's so many available already. Trying to build a figure that is versatile enough to shape into pretty much whatever you can want in a humanoid base while keeping it simple enough to be 3rd party content creation friendly within the limitations of the intended software and still offering more than what is currently available is a bit of a time consuming challenge. But yes there will be a basic set of starter clothing included, and lots of promo material, including videos that show how they function.

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2020 at 1:49 PM

AmbientShade posted at 2:48PM Sun, 05 January 2020 - #4375567

I'll save most of the details for later once I have everything ironed out but I'll say that these figures will be a more complete base package than what most figures come with. It's a lot of planning, figuring out what works and what doesn't and modifying from there, rinse, repeat. It's a lot more than just creating 'yet another figure' when there's so many available already. Trying to build a figure that is versatile enough to shape into pretty much whatever you can want in a humanoid base while keeping it simple enough to be 3rd party content creation friendly within the limitations of the intended software and still offering more than what is currently available is a bit of a time consuming challenge. But yes there will be a basic set of starter clothing included, and lots of promo material, including videos that show how they function.

Excellent news sir. I look forward to seeing how your characters develop. 😄

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2020 at 1:54 PM

Retrowave posted at 2:50PM Sun, 05 January 2020 - #4375562

@Miss B - Oh I know, but it's the same on DAZ as well, it's like $100 for a quality figure pack.

It's been so long since I purchased any "new" figures at DAZ, I can't recall if they have it arranged so you have to purchase everything in the pack in order to get the new figure. That's the one thing I like about how HiveWire sets up any of their packs. You purchase what you want, when you want. Granted Orian will be brand new, so unless you can model your own clothing for the new character, it will be necessary to purchase some items, at least to get started.

Butterfly Dezignz

ghostship2 ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2020 at 7:57 PM

Miss B posted at 6:55PM Sun, 05 January 2020 - #4375571

Retrowave posted at 2:50PM Sun, 05 January 2020 - #4375562

@Miss B - Oh I know, but it's the same on DAZ as well, it's like $100 for a quality figure pack.

It's been so long since I purchased any "new" figures at DAZ, I can't recall if they have it arranged so you have to purchase everything in the pack in order to get the new figure. That's the one thing I like about how HiveWire sets up any of their packs. You purchase what you want, when you want. Granted Orian will be brand new, so unless you can model your own clothing for the new character, it will be necessary to purchase some items, at least to get started.

No the first taste is free, then when you are hooked on whatever they are pushing (V6,V7,G3,G8 etc) they charge you.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2020 at 8:32 PM

Ahhhh, OK. The last new figure I got from DAZ was the original Genesis. Then I came back to Poser, so never got into Genesis 2, 3 or 8.

Butterfly Dezignz

Zaycrow ( ) posted Fri, 01 May 2020 at 5:30 PM

Any news on this project?

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2020 at 11:01 AM

Just started watching this. I found an older thread at SM forums and got help finding it here. VERY VERY nice works! I hope both Orion and Venus see the light of day. I know there are other figures for Poser but these look incredibly good!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

AmbientShade ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2020 at 4:52 PM

I've been adapting them to Blender/fbx rigging for use in Eevee and Unreal/Unity, and I've been working on some 3D print projects with them, which I use Poser in conjunction with ZBrush to quickly change poses, until I get a more efficient setup going between Blender and ZBrush. I'm also working on getting them adapted to IClone but that requires buying into their 3DXchange add-on and I haven't forked out the cash for that just yet.

Fact is Poser has too many random figures that still get little to no support from the vendor community. Until the tech in Poser improves greatly I don't see that changing much, so I don't really see the need to add yet another set of unsupported figures to the mix.

That said, if you have a specific need for them and the other figures currently available don't meet those needs you can contact me and we might be able to work something out. But at this point they will not be available to the general public in the near future, at least not specifically for Poser. Sorry to disappoint. But there is still LF and LH, and I hear HW3D are working on V2 of their figures.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.