Sat, Sep 14, 5:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:46 pm)

Subject: March 30 for 11.3

ghostship2 ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 1:13 PM · edited Fri, 13 September 2024 at 9:35 AM

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/454/poser-pro-113-will-be-available-march-30

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 1:26 PM

Got the alert through Poser 11.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 1:48 PM

👍

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 2:28 PM

hborre posted at 3:24PM Wed, 18 March 2020 - #4383928

Got the alert through Poser 11.

I think I saw the notice in today's email about it before I opened Poser for the day, and saw the alert about it there.

I am sooooo looking forward to being able to use the GPU on this new laptop while rendering with SuperFly. 😁

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 2:29 PM

I'll give Bondware credit. That's two updates in one year, so far. Under Smith Micro, would have been lucky to see one update in two years.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 4:23 PM

Aye, just read the email Great news for those of us going to be in lockdown. At least we'll have something new to faff about with. 😂

Stay safe, everyone.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 4:52 PM

SamTherapy posted at 5:52PM Wed, 18 March 2020 - #4383949

Aye, just read the email Great news for those of us going to be in lockdown. At least we'll have something new to faff about with. 😂

Stay safe, everyone.

You too, Brit. 😄

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 5:04 PM

EClark1894 posted at 10:03PM Wed, 18 March 2020 - #4383954

SamTherapy posted at 5:52PM Wed, 18 March 2020 - #4383949

Stay safe, everyone.

You too, Brit. 😄

Thank you, Sir.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 2:42 AM

Don't think I have the budget to spend on upgrading my PC to an RTX at the moment... Looks like this version may be beyond my PC processing reach.

Eternal Hobbyist

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 3:14 AM

Wooo! This update is looking awesome! 😁

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 4:58 AM · edited Thu, 19 March 2020 at 4:58 AM

I hope Bondware will put out tech specs for at least a minimal machine to run Poser 11.3. I do need to get a new PC, but I'm not that tech savvy with GPUs or Windows PCs. I need some guidance to know what to buy, but I don't have a lot of money.

jartz ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 5:30 AM

infinity10 posted at 5:27AM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4383989

Don't think I have the budget to spend on upgrading my PC to an RTX at the moment... Looks like this version may be beyond my PC processing reach.

Wondering the same thing. I just upgraded mine to a Gaming PC with GTX1060 - hoping that it will still work with this new update.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Nails60 ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 6:10 AM

I've tried the first beta version that was made available and it worked fine with my gtx 1080. As far as I'm aware it is adding support for the rtx and gtx 1600 series gpu's, not taking away the support for older nvidia gpu's

Azath ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 8:55 AM

Any one knows if they made a Fix for the Pytons like used in Modern Muses, 1 Click, D3D, Reality etc. that were working on the Sm PP11 Version and stopped working since the first Rendo PP11.2++ updates ? by any means that would be a very Important Improvement ( Fix ) to be able to use the Purchased Products again that contain Pytons made for PP11 !

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 12:09 PM

EClark1894 posted at 1:08PM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4383993

I hope Bondware will put out tech specs for at least a minimal machine to run Poser 11.3. I do need to get a new PC, but I'm not that tech savvy with GPUs or Windows PCs. I need some guidance to know what to buy, but I don't have a lot of money.

It's so weird that people think that this update changes some requirements for Poser, it doesn't. It's just adding support for Touring so RTX cards can work in SuperFly.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 1:26 PM

infinity10 posted at 2:20PM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4383989

As JohnDoe641 said, this is just an ADDITION of the RTX, and newer GTX, GPU support, because the older GPUs have the Pascal architecture, and the newer RTX and GTX GPUs have the Turing architecture.

I got a new laptop back in November, and I specifically told the salesperson at Dell I did NOT want an RTX, so he suggested a GTX 1660, because it went with all the other specs I wanted. I, of course, didn't realize the newer GTX GPUs are also Turing, so I haven't been able to render with SuperFly yet, so I'm really looking forward to this update, but it's NOT going to replace the GPU support it's had for years, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Butterfly Dezignz

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 2:28 PM · edited Thu, 19 March 2020 at 2:32 PM

JohnDoe641 posted at 3:10PM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4384005

It's so weird that people think that this update changes some requirements for Poser, it doesn't. It's just adding support for Touring so RTX cards can work in SuperFly.

It's so weird that people don't think I know what I'm talking about. My current machine is a PC laptop. It doesn't have a GPU. I use my CPU. At the same time I also use this laptop for modeling in Blender. However, I can't use Blender 2.8 as my machine is too old. I also moved to this laptop from my Mac. Not because I didn't like my Mac, but it was also too old to run Poser 11.

I need to get another computer, but when I do, it has to be able to run Poser 12, at least. So I need to know the technical specs for any machine I buy to make sure it is powerful enough to run both programs. Yes, I could just throw enough money at it and buy the best machine out there, but as I mentioned, I'm on a budget, so any machine I buy is going to be a used or refurbished one. So far, all I know is that I need to avoid an Integrated graphics chip, and to try and buy one with a GPU card.

But so far, reading these blurbs describing them is trying to decipher code, which for me it is. Like this one:

DELL Desktop Computer OptiPlex 9010 Intel Core i7 3rd Gen 3770 (3.40 GHz) 4 GB DDR3 250 GB HDD Intel HD Graphics 4000 Windows 10 Pro Multi-Language, English / Spanish

So far, all I know is that it's a Dell Desktop with 250 Gigs of drive space and using Windows 10. 4 gigs of RAM???

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 3:42 PM

This may be a completely new, never-before asked question: [poser.Scene.IronyOff()] ;)

BUT :

Will the upcoming Poser update FINALLY remember the last state of the hierarchy window: which elements were collapsed and which were expanded?**

WILL IT FINALLY HAVE IT after the problem was consistently ignored by SM for YEARS???

I'm really, really, really! FED UP TO THE BRIM with having to manually collapse every single element in the hierarchy just to get a hierarchy list that isn't ten metres long, and with which I can work with?

I mean, it already works with groups in the parameters pallette, where the collapsed state of each group is saved with the document/figure/prop/whatever.

SO what's SO difficult to add a new parameter to every element in a file: "hierarchyCollapsed 1"???

Honestly, this is just beyond me!

K

ghostship2 ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 3:44 PM

Earl,

any modern AMD or Intel CPU should be fine (i5, i7, Ryzen, etc) 16 GB ram minimum. get a mobo that can handle two wide GPU's just in case you want to expand your GPU rendering later. Buying an extra GPU will be cheaper way to upgrade later on than building another, faster machine. Make sure your PSU is 1000w or higher to handle GPU's and drives. Get a BIG case. I bought a mid tower case for my first build then realized later on it wasn't big enough for the extra card and had to buy another case for my second build.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 4:07 PM

EClark1894 posted at 4:57PM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4384009

It's so weird that people don't think I know what I'm talking about. My current machine is a PC laptop. It doesn't have a GPU. I use my CPU. At the same time I also use this laptop for modeling in Blender. However, I can't use Blender 2.8 as my machine is too old. I also moved to this laptop from my Mac. Not because I didn't like my Mac, but it was also too old to run Poser 11.

I know what you're going through Earl, as my now semi-retired HP Laptop didn't have a GPU either, so I'd been rendering with SuperFly and a CPU for 8 years.

As far as Blender 2.8, I couldn't use it either, and that's because the OpenGL wasn't high enough. I don't recall off-hand what the requirement was, but my old laptop's OpenGl was only 3.1, and I "think" Blender 2.8 requires 3.5 or so. My new laptop's OpenGl is over 4.0 so I'm good to go, though I haven't installed and tried it out as yet.

Now that my new laptop does have a GPU, it's a new model GPU, so with this new update, I'll finally be able to use it. I missed not having a GPU with the old laptop, but I missed it even more the past 4 months because it was "too" new. This new update of Poser will finally allow me to get back to GPU rendering.

Oh, and I'm not going to list the specs on this new laptop, because it'll probably just confuse you even more.

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 4:24 PM

KarinaKiev posted at 5:08PM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4384012

This may be a completely new, never-before asked question: [poser.Scene.IronyOff()] ;)

BUT :

Will the upcoming Poser update FINALLY remember the last state of the hierarchy window: which elements were collapsed and which were expanded?**

WILL IT FINALLY HAVE IT after the problem was consistently ignored by SM for YEARS???

I'm really, really, really! FED UP TO THE BRIM with having to manually collapse every single element in the hierarchy just to get a hierarchy list that isn't ten metres long, and with which I can work with?

I mean, it already works with groups in the parameters pallette, where the collapsed state of each group is saved with the document/figure/prop/whatever.

SO what's SO difficult to add a new parameter to every element in a file: "hierarchyCollapsed 1"???

Honestly, this is just beyond me!

K

Can I give you a hug sir? I don't know if you saw my "request" for this on the SM Poser Forum, and probably somewhere on this forum as well, because this is the one thing I've requested for the Hierarchy Editor/Chart numerous times. I spent many years between Poser 5 and Poser 9 using DAZ|Studio, and got so used to having this option. There's a simple little clickable item near the top of the Scene palette to do this, and I absolutely HATE having to do this every time I start a new scene. I do a lot of beta testing, and it's an absurd waste of my time to collapse every character, item(s) of clothing, and/or props in order to work in one area of the Hierarchy at a time! I don't care if it's "remembered" each time a saved scene is reopened, though that certainly would be nice too, but having a button to collapse it in one swift click, would be awesome.

Let's hope they hear us this time, and do something about it!!

Butterfly Dezignz

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 4:28 PM · edited Thu, 19 March 2020 at 4:28 PM

EClark1894 posted at 5:17PM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4384009

JohnDoe641 posted at 3:10PM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4384005

I need to get another computer, but when I do, it has to be able to run Poser 12, at least. So I need to know the technical specs for any machine I buy to make sure it is powerful enough to run both programs. Yes, I could just throw enough money at it and buy the best machine out there, but as I mentioned, I'm on a budget, so any machine I buy is going to be a used or refurbished one. So far, all I know is that I need to avoid an Integrated graphics chip, and to try and buy one with a GPU card.

But so far, reading these blurbs describing them is trying to decipher code, which for me it is. Like this one:

DELL Desktop Computer OptiPlex 9010 Intel Core i7 3rd Gen 3770 (3.40 GHz) 4 GB DDR3 250 GB HDD Intel HD Graphics 4000 Windows 10 Pro Multi-Language, English / Spanish

So far, all I know is that it's a Dell Desktop with 250 Gigs of drive space and using Windows 10. 4 gigs of RAM???

Both Infinity and jartz sound like they think the update somehow breaks compatibility with hardware and your post sounded very similar so I generalize that you had the same concern.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 7:45 PM

I'm hoping they address the seemingly random crash when you try to access the Materials room.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 20 March 2020 at 2:20 AM

SeanMartin posted at 3:19AM Fri, 20 March 2020 - #4384045

I'm hoping they address the seemingly random crash when you try to access the Materials room.

Wow, that is random. Never had Poser crash because I was trying to open the Material Room. Or any other room for that matter.

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Fri, 20 March 2020 at 2:56 PM

<... snip...>

Can I give you a hug sir? I don't know if you saw my "request" for this on the SM Poser Forum, and probably somewhere on this forum as well, because this is the one thing I've requested for the Hierarchy Editor/Chart numerous times. I spent many years between Poser 5 and Poser 9 using DAZ|Studio, and got so used to having this option. There's a simple little clickable item near the top of the Scene palette to do this, and I absolutely HATE having to do this every time I start a new scene. I do a lot of beta testing, and it's an absurd waste of my time to collapse every character, item(s) of clothing, and/or props in order to work in one area of the Hierarchy at a time! I don't care if it's "remembered" each time a saved scene is reopened, though that certainly would be nice too, but having a button to collapse it in one swift click, would be awesome.

Let's hope they hear us this time, and do something about it!!

YOU are welcome to give me a hug ANYTIME, Miss B :)

But as far as I remember it from the old SM forum, it wasn's just you and me who complained about this nuissance. This has been discussed endlessly, by (let me guess? hundreds of Poserists).

In the end, the threads with the complaints / suggestions were quickly washed down the drain, and other topics like "Make Genesis work in Poser or I'll quit 1!11" became more important. I think those others who aren't concerned by this absolute nuisance either never use the Hierarchy Editor, or just gave up complaining because of the "Don Quichotte" effect.

I suspect it's the latter.

K

Oh, and hugs back to you! :)

caisson ( ) posted Fri, 20 March 2020 at 4:00 PM

Can I assume that those who have taken the time to complain about the Hierarchy in the forums have submitted a ticket at support.posersoftware.com (change the Technical Issue to Feature Request via the dropdown menu)?

It's the only way to get things moved up the priority list. Here's a suggestion - start a thread whose initial post contains a concise paragraph that explains the feature request you want, and ask anyone who agrees with it to submit a ticket. Provide a clickable link and tell everyone they can copy/paste the explanatory paragraph. The more tickets go in, the more likely that request will get attention.

I wouldn't expect the dev's to be on the forums much - they have work to do after all ;)

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 20 March 2020 at 4:39 PM

I got Steve Cooper to add Autosave to Poser after discussing it with him in a forum. I think it was this one, but it might have been at RDNA.😄

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 20 March 2020 at 6:21 PM · edited Fri, 20 March 2020 at 6:22 PM

KarinaKiev posted at 7:14PM Fri, 20 March 2020 - #4384091

<... snip...>

Oh, and hugs back to you! :)

Yes, I remember there being quite a few responses in that thread from folks who also wanted this feature for a long time. I just don't recall who they all were, but now certainly remember you being one of them.

I'm also liking Caisson's suggestion, because it's rare when I see any of the dev team, well maybe except for Chuck (Nerd), here on the forums. Then again, he's also a vendor, so not that surprising.

Oh, and thanks for the hugs back. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 21 March 2020 at 8:55 AM

EClark1894 posted at 1:53PM Sat, 21 March 2020 - #4384094

I got Steve Cooper to add Autosave to Poser after discussing it with him in a forum. I think it was this one, but it might have been at RDNA.😄

I am so glad you did, I lost count of the number of hours of work I lost when I got engrossed and forgot to do a manual save. The first thing I did when I upgraded to Poser 11 was set up autosave.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 23 March 2020 at 9:05 AM

One week for Poser 11.3 update!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.