Mon, Sep 16, 11:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: MacOS Poser 12 Dials Not Spinning?

DamianHart ( ) posted Sat, 30 January 2021 at 3:03 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 11:13 PM

I don't use Poser a lot, but I upgraded my Mac Poser 11 to 12. When I get a new version I set my default scene to a naked Michael 4. So today I put Mike on the stage, put on his "naked" skin and put on his genitals. So far so good.

Then as I set about trying to put everything in his/my default pose, I could not get the parameter dials to work. I could select the body part I wanted, but when I tried to use the dials to dial a setting...the dials don't move.

Did something change about the process that I'm missing? Or is this a bug? User error?

Thanks!

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 30 January 2021 at 4:01 PM · edited Sat, 30 January 2021 at 4:03 PM

I'm currently running a full backup on my MacBook Pro. It has several hours to go until completed.

If someone doesn't jump in and answer, I'll be installing the Poser 12 upgrade after the backup completes and will test this for you.

I do see where tburzio is using Poser 12 on their Mac. They haven't mentioned any issues with the parameter dials.

Lee

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 30 January 2021 at 4:15 PM

Reboot the software and see if that restores the dial functions. If you encounter the same problem, submit a ticket.

DamianHart ( ) posted Sat, 30 January 2021 at 8:58 PM

I did a reboot and the dials started working. I did all sorts of gyrations on Michael 4 and it seemed to go well. But...

Once I put his willie on, things went wonky. When I clicked part of the object to adjust it, the dial panel on the right didn't keep up. The top left said "M4 Genitalia Testicles" for instance, but the top of the dial window wouldn't update to the same part. Then I couldn't select parts of the model any more. And then the dials stopped working.

Maybe M4's willie is just too old...? (ug, there's a thought....)

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 30 January 2021 at 9:19 PM

Ran a quick test a few minutes ago using Poser 12 and Michael 4. I haven't noticed a slow down using Michael 4 with his genitals. Seems to be working fine. This is on the 16" MacBook Pro, not on the M1 MacBook Air.

Lee

Winningbee ( ) posted Thu, 04 February 2021 at 9:11 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with genitals. It happened to me too with no genital on the screen. I stopped and restarted Poser and all went well. This has happened to me several times now. So it must be a bug.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Thu, 04 February 2021 at 11:28 PM

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 05 February 2021 at 9:34 AM

ghostship2 posted at 9:34AM Fri, 05 February 2021 - #4411934

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries.

Lol.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.