Fri, Oct 4, 1:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Does P 11 run on Linus with Wine?

starlingblue ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2022 at 4:25 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 8:49 PM

I consider switching to Linux Mint with Wine, does anybody know if poser runs in this environment?

It seems that previous versions did run with Wine.

I have zero experience with Linux... I am just fed up with MS and want to try to switch

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2022 at 10:19 AM

Neither Poser or DAZ Studio run on Linux natively...

Not sure about P11, but here's what the WINE devs know about Poser's compatibility: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=115

(Last time I tried it was in 2004... it worked for the most part, but it was more than a little touchy back then. Hoping that 18 years may have improved things a bit for you... good luck!)

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2022 at 11:08 AM

I used Poser Pro 2014 on Mint a bit in 2020.  It ran well enough on WiNE, although definitely slower than on Windows.  The main problem I had was the broken library, but that now affects all of the Poser 8 - 10 versions, and you wouldn't have to worry about it with P11.  A bigger complication for me was activating some of the lesser 3D programs that I use to support Poser.  It was possible, but I think I had to do some registry editing, copying entries from Windows to Linux.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.