Sun, Aug 4, 6:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:40 pm)

Subject: Belladona Zalir textures

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2022 at 6:05 AM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 5:07 AM

I bought Zalir from Belladona over at daz (asked daz before about another product, but they never seam to follow it up, and cant find a way to contact this vendor) On the daz product page it states "textures from 512 to 4096" now i normally assume that means the body, face, legs etc textures will be 4096, but to my dismay they are 1024, which is rubbish quality for renders, from what i can see only the horns and facial makeup are 4096, If Belladonna is reading this, is there a way to get the body and face 4096 texture maps???

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2022 at 8:13 AM

It looks as if Bumpt and Speculat are 4,096 and diffuse and normal are 1,024. It may be on the grounds that the diffuse colour doesn't need to have such small details, those are handled by the bump and specular, but it is not unreasonable to open a support ticket to ask.

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2022 at 11:07 AM

File a support ticket at Daz, This seems wrong to call out an artist like this.

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2022 at 5:38 PM
RHaseltine posted at 8:13 AM Mon, 4 July 2022 - #4440704

It looks as if Bumpt and Speculat are 4,096 and diffuse and normal are 1,024. It may be on the grounds that the diffuse colour doesn't need to have such small details, those are handled by the bump and specular, but it is not unreasonable to open a support ticket to ask.

The bump and specular are also 1024, eyeshadow diffuse maps, and horns are 4096, everything else is 1024, and you need a diffuse/translucency map to be 4096, as images that are jpg and 1024 have huge compression artifacts, which look aweful in close up renders, no matter the normal and displacement and bump maps. i  will open a ticket, but i dont hold much hope on this being changed, i bought a shader (grunge ground textures) pack from the daz store over a year ago, the shaders never and still dont work, Daz said they knew of the issue, and still no fix and it's still for sale, I am very unimpressed by their store, it has little help when it comes to asking the vendor or getting any resolution, it's better at renderosity as i can actually ask the vender, and they have buyer feedback and ratings here....sadly it's not the first nor the last time ive been stung by bad advertising and/or products.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2022 at 5:44 PM

and to be fair to this product it's not bad, just that it says textures from 512 to 4096 and the norm on body textures is 4096, not the less useful horns and eyeshadows being high res. i think it should state that the body/face texures are low res 1024 maps.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2022 at 6:04 PM

BTW im not calling out the vendor, this could be an honest mistake, or just the product description is misleading, i have more issues with daz over this as they seam to put less effort into what they do than they should, as i stated above, ive had several issues and none of them fixed, i still have completely broken products that i have bought, some i have fixed myself, which is wasting my time, and i payed not to be fixing something i purchased. as you can probably guess im no lover of the daz store or some of the things they do, Belladonnas work is excellent, and i can tell from the 1024 maps that there is a lot of detail in them, but sadly it's lost in the low resolution, and i think it's an honest mistake, but getting daz to help on this is like lighting a match in the sea.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2022 at 3:28 PM
SpookieLilOne posted at 11:07 AM Mon, 4 July 2022 - #4440708

File a support ticket at Daz, This seems wrong to call out an artist like this.

Im not calling out the artist, and i think this is just an error, i have talked to daz, but as usual im getting the run around, and im thinking they are not contacting the artist at all, as all they have told me is that they can render images with the product, which isn't the issue. on Rosity we can actually ask a question the seller, but there is no way to do this at daz, there is no help at all there, and this is the 3rd time ive been talking to the brick wall that is daz sales support, and none of the issues were the fault of the seller, and could easily have been fixed. I still think that the artist made this product with 4096 skin textures, but somewhere along the line they were reduced to 1024, the sales blub stated textures from 512 to 4096, None of the skin textures (normals, bumps, diffuse, etc) are in 4096, eyeshadow is, which doesn't make any sense, let alone if you look at the low res skin textures you can tell there is detail in them from the veins, but these are muddy in the low res image. if anything (as i have said to daz) please alter the product info, to state that the skin textures are 1024, as i only buy skin textures at 4096 or higher, lower just does not look good when im rendering images at 4k, and im guessing that most people who also render at these resolutions also don't use low res maps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.