Sun, Aug 4, 6:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:40 pm)

Subject: New to Studio and I am confused

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 13 January 2016 at 2:30 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 7:36 AM

Hi; I just started with Daz Studio 4.8 a couple of days ago. I have since purchased a lot of new stuff, both from Daz and Rendo. Most of the Daz stuff - not all of it - I can find under content. A lot I can't find. It does not show up. Some of it does so I know I am installing it in the right place in the Daz Studio My Library folder. It just does not show up under content in the program. I am also having trouble with the pose tool which does not seem to work. I have been reading a lot but am still having problems. I can't pose genesis hand in the tutorial using the posing tool. Nothing happens. Even if I select her hand. I want her to grab a weapon and she can't. Daz talks about looking for metadata. While I don't understand that. Also you can't go backwards in the tutorial, only stop or continue. What a pain. Can somebody help me? Where do I look for products that don't show up and how do I use the posing tool? Thank you, Sherrie

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Wed, 13 January 2016 at 2:46 PM

Have you downloaded all the tutorials from the store?

Go to the store page and enter in "tutorials" in the search bar. You'll see "show all." Click that then change the sort order by price from low to high.

There are tutorials covering the basics which are free.

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Wed, 13 January 2016 at 2:55 PM · edited Wed, 13 January 2016 at 2:56 PM

Let's start with the library...have you set your content folders up? Go to Edit/preferences this will load up a new dialogue box.

Click on content library tab then on Content Directory Manager down the bottom. This will open another dialogue box. You should have a heirarchy tree that shows your current libraries. Do you have both daz library and a poser library? If not you will need to add the Poser Library...these can be the same library. You're asking DS to look for different file formats though...

If it still doesn't show up while on the content library tab click the little triangle on the top right side to access the menu and click on scan known directories for files. I normally have the mark as new box ticked. This will help you to locate any new content. I normally go through and add stuff to my categories sections. I have this set up outside of the default folder as this will allow me to organise things they way I want them.

To get the hands to grasp have a look under parameters and search for hand. This will show if there is a control called hand grasp...should be one for left and right. Not sure if your using the original genesis or 2 or 3 so hard to be more specific. Should be able to dial the hand grasp in. If not there will probably be a pose to go with the weapon you're trying to use.

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2016 at 11:27 AM

I don't have any Poser content installed in Studio. Everything was set up for Studio. Daz had me reset the library content and reinstall the metabase ? and no nothing is there. Also, before I rest there was content in the content libary, but it would not apply. It said error. Could not dress the figure or anything. The only thing that works is Daz stuff under Smart Content. Here is what Daz told me to do. " Hi Sherrie,

Please make sure you install the PostgreSQL CMS. You can find this in the Install Manager when searching for "sku::18869" without the quotes. If it is already installed, uninstall and re-install.

Make sure DAZ Studio is not running during this process.

If you are running the 64 bit version of DAZ Studio, there is no need to install the 32 bit version of PostgreSQL. By installing the 32 bit version, it is automatically uninstalling the 64 bit version. In this process, it must stop the CMS. If the CMS is stopped, then tries to install the 32 bit with it stopped, it in some cases, this crashes the Install Manager. And causes the Smart Content to not work correctly.

You may need to...

Reset the Database To do this, right click on the Content Library pane, choose Content DB Maintenance, tick Reset Database, click Accept.

Reimport Metadata With the box checked that userdata overwrites product data. To do this, right click on the Content Library pane, choose Content DB Maintenance, tick Re-Import Metadata, click Accept. Tick User Data and All Products and click Accept.

Please let me know if you have further questions."

MarkR151 ( ) posted Tue, 19 January 2016 at 10:08 PM

"Please make sure you install the PostgreSQL CMS." That's one of the things I couldn't get installed from DIM a few days ago, as mentioned in another thread. Should I/we manually download from DAZ site and install that(Postgre...)before trying to install anything else?

DustRider ( ) posted Wed, 20 January 2016 at 1:56 AM

MarkR151 posted at 12:50AM Wed, 20 January 2016 - #4250314

"Please make sure you install the PostgreSQL CMS." That's one of the things I couldn't get installed from DIM a few days ago, as mentioned in another thread. Should I/we manually download from DAZ site and install that(Postgre...)before trying to install anything else?

Yes, I would definitely make sure it is installed before installing any content (but IIRC you should install DS first).

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

DustRider ( ) posted Wed, 20 January 2016 at 2:07 AM

drifterlee - Could you possibly post a screen grab or your Content Library tab set up. If you took the default location for installing the content, then it should look something like the attached image - DAZ Studio Formats>My DAZ 3D Library. If you installed to a different location than the default, you may need to tell DS where it is following the steps that Pendraia posted above.

Note that in the image I posted, I have a "My Library" folder too, this is an default old library setup from DS 3.x - DS 4.x (and DIM) defaults to the "My DAZ 3D Library" which will be in Users>Public>Public Documents on your C: drive.

Hope this helps a bit ..... content tab.JPG

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

MarkR151 ( ) posted Wed, 20 January 2016 at 3:04 PM

DustRider,

"(but IIRC you should install DS first)."

What is IIRC ?

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 21 January 2016 at 2:26 AM

IIRC --> If I Remember Correctly

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

JasperBee ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2022 at 4:08 AM

It's easy for a website to get cluttered with new or old content. Make sure to check out the tutorial store and download what you need if you haven't done so yet. You can search for "tutorials" on our store page and sort them by price from low to high to find what you're looking for.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2022 at 9:08 AM

You are aware that this thread is 6 years old.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2022 at 6:25 PM

LOL.... that was a long pause for a reply...

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.