Sat, Aug 3, 4:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 8:44 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2022 at 8:47 PM

I saw the clipping in the unmorphed Antonia. Being that I'm not a realism renderer (whatever the eff that is, none this looks real to begin with) I don't use refraction. I was tempted to leave the Iris scaling out as it was very difficult to make on Antonia due to the extreme angle of the eyeball joining the Iris and also exacerbated by the Eye being more high poly than I'm used to morphing for these things. By comparison Genesis 8 and La Femme have considerably lower poly eyeballs. With these factors at play edge loop sliding becomes more tricky to do on 2 simultaneous points of reference. Anyway, I had my reservations about including the Iris scale. In kind of seemed like a glaring omission though.

The update cornea morph focuses on the offending area where I was seeing the most conflict. Hopefully it solves the refraction problem there. As far as clipping in general goes her entire eyeball is submerged into her lids and clipping everywhere against the lids. The artifact is only showing on the Cornea because refraction is concentrated on the Cornea. If refraction were occurring on the Cover itself the Eyes would be unusable for that purpose, any Poser figure's eyes would. Not to mention that her Eyeballs are larger than her eye sockets and intersecting out the wazoo.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 9:05 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2022 at 9:10 PM

BTW. I just opened the morph file in PMDEdit and it's 154 morphs and controllers with match centers and animated origins, many of them set up symmetry manually. Not generated by split morph. Baked out as Full Body Morphs. Add my V4SkullShape morph and that's 

155 morphs in a weeks time, while working a full time job, for Antonia1.3... all free and open source.

eSMJmMdncXcZy08JHbcvGpI7wcc4gTasRWFk908Y.png

QGdEF5G9o1Y4BkpgiENyBBAgIV8lilBuRBc9rpVB.gif

:D

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 9:14 PM
primorge posted at 8:44 PM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447326

The update cornea morph focuses on the offending area where I was seeing the most conflict. Hopefully it solves the refraction problem there. As far as clipping in general goes her entire eyeball is submerged into her lids and clipping everywhere against the lids. The artifact is only showing on the Cornea because refraction is concentrated on the Cornea. If refraction were occurring on the Cover itself the Eyes would be unusable for that purpose, any Poser figure's eyes would. Not to mention that her Eyeballs are larger than her eye sockets and intersecting out the wazoo.

Yep! You can blame it on Wings3d or my laziness. Your choice.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 9:16 PM

I choose to not choose out of respect lol.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 9:18 PM
primorge posted at 9:05 PM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447327

QGdEF5G9o1Y4BkpgiENyBBAgIV8lilBuRBc9rpVB.gif

Thank you, sloth! That must have been exhausting.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 9:32 PM
primorge posted at 9:16 PM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447329

I choose to not choose out of respect lol.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" - Rush, Freewill 😋

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 9:43 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2022 at 9:46 PM

Being that I'm not a realism renderer (whatever the eff that is, none this looks real to begin with) I don't use refraction.

I remember my dad, who unlike me has enjoyed a classic art education, visit me one day when I was in my early twenties, see one of my paintings on the wall in which I took a lot of liberty with the colors and shapes, and tell me that it was a great painting, but that I wasn't allowed to paint like that until I had studied and practiced for years. He literally used the word "allowed", but German isn't his first language and maybe the Spanish expression in his head did not sound quite so harsh. Anyway, I'm kind of applying that to my renders now. Learn as much as I can about how to make them more realistic (and there's no such thing as realistic - only *more* realistic at best) before I allow myself to throw all that out and just go for whatever look the piece at hand requires.

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2022 at 6:54 AM · edited Sun, 23 October 2022 at 7:01 AM

odf posted at 9:43 PM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447334

Being that I'm not a realism renderer (whatever the eff that is, none this looks real to begin with) I don't use refraction.

I remember my dad, who unlike me has enjoyed a classic art education, visit me one day when I was in my early twenties, see one of my paintings on the wall in which I took a lot of liberty with the colors and shapes, and tell me that it was a great painting, but that I wasn't allowed to paint like that until I had studied and practiced for years. He literally used the word "allowed", but German isn't his first language and maybe the Spanish expression in his head did not sound quite so harsh. Anyway, I'm kind of applying that to my renders now. Learn as much as I can about how to make them more realistic (and there's no such thing as realistic - only *more* realistic at best) before I allow myself to throw all that out and just go for whatever look the piece at hand requires.

I understand that approach. I think the analogy between fine art disciplines and 3d rendering might be a bit attenuated when discussing Poser. In any event I enjoyed a classic/fine arts education, excelled at life drawing and life sculpture classes, graduated with a 3.8 average, won the fletcher cup award, and sold out my first show. Now I'm an old man that uses crappy Firefly and Poser and couldn't give a damn what a handful of Poser folks that might be left think about the rules of proper art lol.

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2022 at 7:20 AM
I say all of the above with tongue planted firmly in cheek of course. Just in case anyone gets all outraged at my hubris.

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2022 at 7:25 AM

Glad you liked my morphs odf, they were a challenge. More forthcoming.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2022 at 8:32 AM
Forum Moderator

How about some ethnic morphs? Asian, African, Pacific Islander, European, etc., etc.? Let's give her a bit of variety, shall we? Great job on her so far! 

jartz ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2022 at 11:26 AM
primorge posted at 7:25 AM Sun, 23 October 2022 - #4447353

Glad you liked my morphs odf, they were a challenge. More forthcoming.

Good job, primorge.  It will be the most helpful.

Anim8dtoon posted at 8:32 AM Sun, 23 October 2022 - #4447357

How about some ethnic morphs? Asian, African, Pacific Islander, European, etc., etc.? Let's give her a bit of variety, shall we? Great job on her so far! 

Most certainly.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2022 at 8:07 PM

2UwXTXui2tj3GSWQxNgr97PCEd5UwP0u6Gehm1Mj.png

A hair fit for 1.3, Nursoda's Lada Hair. Modeled by the lovely Svetlanka...

DL link for fit

LadaFitAntonia

Nursoda's Lada Hair Here

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/lada-hair/70068

This is an articulated hair figure, please read the injection instructions in the ReadMe.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2022 at 10:29 PM

There appears to be a lull. I should take this opportunity to clarify some things.

All Models are 18+

Svetlanka (shown above) is 23.

Did you know?

Svetlanka hails from the Czech republic but now resides in the San Fernando valley. She had a brief but popular career in the adult entertainment industry and was a contracted actress for Tiny4K. She has since left the industry and now enjoys a popular following on OnlyFans and YouTube where she uploads Yoga and Try On Haul videos regularly. She holds an Associate's Degree in Theoretical Basket Weaving and enjoys amateur Pole Vaulting, Tea Leaf reading, and playing the video game Dig Dug; she placed 23rd in the 2019 Annual Dig Dug Dugathon.

News Flash!

Fans and followers were recently concerned when Svetlanka failed to upload her weekly video to YouTube for 2 consecutive weeks. She took to Social Media last night to reassure everyone that she was fine but suffering from a Urinary Tract Infection, for which she is under going aggressive treatment at the Betty Ford Clinic.

Thanks for listening, you may now return to your bustling forum activity.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2022 at 11:01 PM

She is very pretty, and so is her hair. I would probably check out here YT channel, but yoga and try-on hauls are not my genres of choice. Oh, and don't make fun of theoretical basket weaving or I may have to challenge you to a duel.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2022 at 7:57 AM

You don't see too many theoretical baskets these days.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2022 at 8:42 AM
Online Now!

But that's just it, they're only theoretical.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2022 at 4:47 PM

hborre posted at 8:42 AM Wed, 26 October 2022 - #4447563

But that's just it, they're only theoretical.

That's just a theory.  :D

My Store

My Gallery

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2022 at 6:18 PM
Online Now!

Or hypothetical.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2022 at 6:45 PM

I mentioned to Svetlanka, in passing, your interest in her Theoretical Basket Weaving studies. She was thrilled by your enthusiasm. It is, after all, a rather esoteric course of study... she was kind enough to pass along the cover page of her graduating thesis paper 'Theoretical Basket Weaving and the Desert of the Real' for you to ponder further.

TaWkdzCUapINFbyrnseKhw1KMQcoMa3toZUwLUh4.png

odf ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2022 at 6:51 PM

She must be excited about the Large Bamboo Collider CERN is building to prove the existence of hypothetical weaving patterns that have long been speculated about.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2022 at 6:55 PM

Svetlanka is correct.  It's not a basket, it's an image of a basket.  Obviously, she has a fondness for Magritte.

My Store

My Gallery

odf ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2022 at 6:56 PM

Seriously though, my scientific "career", if you want to call it that, is not *exactly* about theoretical basket weaving, but closer to it than one might imagine possible. :-)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2022 at 8:21 PM

You know, when Antonia first came out, I downloaded her, but never used her. I just couldn't get past how big her nose was.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2022 at 9:12 PM
EClark1894 posted at 8:21 PM Wed, 26 October 2022 - #4447609

You know, when Antonia first came out, I downloaded her, but never used her. I just couldn't get past how big her nose was.

That’s why the new version comes with patented nose-reduction technology. I tried to sell it to Bondware and DAZ, but they both claimed it was just a morph.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2022 at 9:29 PM
odf posted at 9:12 PM Wed, 26 October 2022 - #4447610
EClark1894 posted at 8:21 PM Wed, 26 October 2022 - #4447609

That’s why the new version comes with patented nose-reduction technology. I tried to sell it to Bondware and DAZ, but they both claimed it was just a morph.
You have to admit, it was a little too on the nose.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 7:27 AM

I'm glad you folks have mentioned Antonia's huge great gigantic enormous beak, because I was beginning to feel I was the only one who'd ever noticed it.  Mind you, if you load two of 'em into a scene, stand them back to back, you have a very good pickaxe. :D

My Store

My Gallery

shante ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 1:15 PM

every nose as its face!

shante ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 1:16 PM
primorge posted at 8:07 PM Tue, 25 October 2022 - #4447547

2UwXTXui2tj3GSWQxNgr97PCEd5UwP0u6Gehm1Mj.png

A hair fit for 1.3, Nursoda's Lada Hair. Modeled by the lovely Svetlanka...

DL link for fit

LadaFitAntonia

Nursoda's Lada Hair Here

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/lada-hair/70068

This is an articulated hair figure, please read the injection instructions in the ReadMe.

love this face morph!

shante ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 1:17 PM

will there be ANY morphs to turn antonia into a kid or man?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 2:46 PM
Online Now!

There is no male or kid morph available to her yet.  The only morph that I own turns her into a late teen but it is an old morph and I'm not quite sure if it will load into Antonia 1.3 directly from a Pose file.  Antonia 1.3 can accept a transfer morph with little difficulty.  As for a male morph, why when you have other male figures available?

shante ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 4:21 PM · edited Thu, 27 October 2022 at 4:24 PM

correct of course just curious as to the extent of available or future morphing capabilities compared to V4 or V2 as well. mostly interested in the kid/teen morphs for her. earlier version of antonia which i picked out years ago never was very good with the teen morph for me and because of lack of versatile morphs that i needed I left her behind and continued happily with v4. But I did enjoy working with earlier versions of antonia when i wasn't project focused. of course male morphs do help in a pinch as they did with V4 to quickly use props and accessories and skins when say siblings for a project were needed and didn't want to frell around with a male figure with different clothes and skin parameters. used the v4 male morphs a lot that way.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 4:50 PM · edited Thu, 27 October 2022 at 4:53 PM

I for one would be quite interested in a figure that can morph seamlessly between a male and female shape, but I have no specific plans to make that happen for Antonia. Mostly, I have no specific plans. As far as Poser things go, I'm but a leaf in the wind or something along those lines.

shante ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 5:35 PM

odf posted at 4:50 PM Thu, 27 October 2022 - #4447703

I for one would be quite interested in a figure that can morph seamlessly between a male and female shape, but I have no specific plans to make that happen for Antonia. Mostly, I have no specific plans. As far as Poser things go, I'm but a leaf in the wind or something along those lines.

well did not mean you specifically you have already a lot and thanks very much...just threw at the idea at the wall hoping to get it to stick.......LOL

and what about a whole set of breast movement adjustment morphs along the lines of say meipei or posermatic as well as realistic genital morphs? i loved those for v4 along with many others as plugins to give flexible to install just what you need when you need it (another reason i kept using v4 instead of the first run of antonia?

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 6:09 PM · edited Thu, 27 October 2022 at 6:11 PM

"and what about a whole set of breast movement adjustment morphs along the lines of say meipei or posermatic as well as realistic genital morphs? i loved those for v4 along with many others as plugins to give flexible to install just what you need when you need it (another reason i kept using v4 instead of the first run of antonia?"

Antonia will have these things. At least mine will lol.

Right know I'm accompanying Svetlana to the dentist so I don't have much time to elaborate.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 6:33 PM

Spelling corrections; in aid of suspension of disbelief

*now

*Svetlanka

odf ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 12:33 AM

In Svetlanka's honor, my latest gallery image features 25 Antonias arranged like the triangles in a kagome pattern.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 6:11 AM · edited Fri, 28 October 2022 at 6:14 AM
Dashing Svetlanka's hopes is a violation of TOS.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 7:04 AM

On a positive note, she's ecstatic that so many virtual baskets exist and at such reasonable cost too! Up until this discovery, of which she was not aware until I pointed it out to her, their existence was merely theoretical...

bTseYEUt4cC3tcHii5LHbYKKyE7AzIXTBt3mDdZs.jpg

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 7:16 AM

What makes this so fascinating is the compounded vistas of the unreal that this discovery opens up, do you have any plans of modeling any Gym Shorts for Antonia?

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 7:27 AM · edited Fri, 28 October 2022 at 7:27 AM

A certain someone is interested in GYM SHORTS AND SOCKS that appear like this...

YHnSQvtKFjrVMkG6Dns5ijTx5Z5temkwrea7EGLC.jpg

xiotDQLuBMFZg6tWQu1GrL7FRSC8BLSeNGlHwzGL.jpg

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 9:51 AM · edited Fri, 28 October 2022 at 9:51 AM
Forum Coordinator Online Now!

Admitted not a sport garment except that simply wearing this basket is a sport in jtself:

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 10:44 AM
Online Now!

I'm assuming that this is a summer sporting event.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 5:51 PM

The closest I have in gym shorts is this, but I could have a go at adjusting the style a bit.

BKXBq1oC3rQAJkzzzjhsfftqqSKxQMCiPsyZk3dr.png

odf ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 8:54 PM

Am I getting warmer?

QTdJJoxMrhih5W96bh2XKQiRNNAFzeFuDlks57Rm.png

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 11:57 PM

Yes, you're getting there ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

odf ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 12:08 AM

Something like this maybe? The bow is left as an exercise to the reader.

MLW4pXuWV9hBAS4tr995XA1vyM2zVHwQi2Rxi4ur.png

RFreise ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 12:11 AM
odf posted at 12:08 AM Sat, 29 October 2022 - #4447853

Something like this maybe? The bow is left as an exercise to the reader.

MLW4pXuWV9hBAS4tr995XA1vyM2zVHwQi2Rxi4ur.png

Looks good to me

odf ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 3:01 AM

I may have to straighten the waistband if a certain someone wants an interesting texture on it. If that's the case, I trust primorge will pass it on to me.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 10:47 AM · edited Sat, 29 October 2022 at 10:49 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Looks great odf. Sorry I haven't responded sooner, been busy with RL commitments and whatnot.

I showed this to Svetlanka. She had just returned from the dentist and an arduous facial muscle expression yoga class and though she was in a rather bruised state she did this sort of crosslegged Fake Levitating Swami bounce on her bed to indicate approval. I will intimate that she seems quite fond of Pink Terry Cloth. She often sports this sort of Pink Terry Cloth Dinosaur Motif (think Barney) Onesie Pyjama with hoodie and footies and "trap door". So yes, probably, if this becomes a reality, or a less opaque layer of unreality, certain adjustments in the fabric will be made.

I didn't manage to capture, via cell phone, her crosslegged Fake Swami Levitation Bounce on Matress before she retired to the Commode chamber for an Aperitif, but her Roommate Peggy Sue (and present siblings) insisted I shoot this brief appreciation video for your hard work. I'm attaching a warning to this as it's likely to induce TOS seizures in sensitive individuals that might trigger subjective philosophical debate about what is a actually violated such as "well, it seems wrong" though there are no actual indiscretions of the nature,

I will confess that I too was vaguely unsettled and made a hasty retreat with apologies and niceties. Peggy Sue enjoys eliciting such responses as I've learned. 

XM4QaYeKQmEWLGdPuoIj8C6kqkHk6pWlkjdJZKKB.jpg

Peggy Sue Appreciation Video

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.