Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 10:22 am)

Subject: Show your Poser 13 renders!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2023 at 5:08 PM

Definitely I'm in love of the new Poser 13: 16 seconds to render this

6VNczyaXrlsVXvtqzoNUADaw2VhB5OSV2PPpREku.png

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2023 at 7:01 PM

Y-Phil posted at 5:08 PM Tue, 11 April 2023 - #4461812

Definitely I'm in love of the new Poser 13: 16 seconds to render this

6VNczyaXrlsVXvtqzoNUADaw2VhB5OSV2PPpREku.png

Stunning Render. 

Not so many years ago I would not have believed that could be done in any where near 16 seconds, how far we have come.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2023 at 7:57 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

just a quick pose

w7BJ3ogSX59zcLFLo3Cy2tHb6hBCucaSbGmag34z.jpg

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2023 at 8:31 PM

Nice!

ChromeStar ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2023 at 9:30 PM

I originally did this in Poser... 11? But updated all the shaders and lighting in Poser 13. Light bloom is pretty cool.

u5LF5jVCCZdMuoB6QPlma8X3wX4SUZ6ZgE7Jjetr.png

ghostship2 ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2023 at 12:30 AM
ChromeStar posted at 9:30 PM Tue, 11 April 2023 - #4461860

I originally did this in Poser... 11? But updated all the shaders and lighting in Poser 13. Light bloom is pretty cool.

u5LF5jVCCZdMuoB6QPlma8X3wX4SUZ6ZgE7Jjetr.png

Cool,

Thalek ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2023 at 1:30 AM

Y-Phil posted at 10:36 AM Tue, 11 April 2023 - #4461722

Thalek posted at 8:31 AM Tue, 11 April 2023 - #4461693

Here is another example.
Using the Color_math, as I showed you:

And here is an example with the same black & white tattoo, but using a second layer:
Here, the tattoo picture serves as a filter: the white parts force to use the TransparentBSDF and the black parts force to use the Closure1, in this case whatever bitmap
but it could also be a simple color 

For a colored tattoo: simple get a copy turned to black & white and use both bitmaps accordingly
The second layer has one advantage: you may control the specularity of the skin independently of the the tattoo.

I did eventually verify that the chest tattoo was also rendering, but it was black and mostly rendering in the shadow from her head, effectively camouflaging it.

Thanks!  I hope to eventually convert all of Shana's Inked series into usable tattoos for Superfly, sans all of her Python scripts.  (Well, Volumes 1-10; when they started doing the Genesis figures, I dropped out.) It's a shame that second layers don't work in Firefly, as this would certainly simply the process for it, too.

Thanks again.

Thalek ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2023 at 2:04 AM · edited Wed, 12 April 2023 at 2:04 AM

And it appears, so far, that creating a tattoo a second layer is just this easy.  I'll want to verify that it is backwards-compatible, as I don't know if transparency being swappable between transparency and opacity is a newer feature or not.  I haven't played much with Superfly.  I must admit they named it well, because is, to use an obsolete phrase, super fly!  I also want to verify that it will work on color tattoos.  If not, I will find a way that works for both.

XMyLFICgasZ0aFQub6ZgCDRS6rxAJd3dKYtADxxM.png

This was done on SASE's (Sabby and Seven) Naisa texture after a quick run through the Python 3 version of EZSkin. (Thanks, Snarlygribbly and Fverbaas!)

ghSUiMvbaeLH6wQV2aKMjIo8w8sEvaeGQAa6DSYD.png

Thalek ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2023 at 2:38 AM · edited Wed, 12 April 2023 at 2:40 AM
Thalek posted at 2:04 AM Wed, 12 April 2023 - #4461884

And it appears, so far, that creating a tattoo a second layer is just this easy.  I'll want to verify that it is backwards-compatible, as I don't know if transparency being swappable between transparency and opacity is a newer feature or not.  I haven't played much with Superfly.  I must admit they named it well, because is, to use an obsolete phrase, super fly!  I also want to verify that it will work on color tattoos.  If not, I will find a way that works for both.

Or . . . not.  It didn't render.  At least not in Poser 12.  More experimentation!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2023 at 11:28 AM · edited Wed, 12 April 2023 at 11:28 AM

Thalek posted at 1:30 AM Wed, 12 April 2023 - #4461883

Y-Phil posted at 10:36 AM Tue, 11 April 2023 - #4461722

Thalek posted at 8:31 AM Tue, 11 April 2023 - #4461693

Here is another example.
Using the Color_math, as I showed you:

And here is an example with the same black & white tattoo, but using a second layer:
Here, the tattoo picture serves as a filter: the white parts force to use the TransparentBSDF and the black parts force to use the Closure1, in this case whatever bitmap
but it could also be a simple color 

For a colored tattoo: simple get a copy turned to black & white and use both bitmaps accordingly
The second layer has one advantage: you may control the specularity of the skin independently of the the tattoo.

I did eventually verify that the chest tattoo was also rendering, but it was black and mostly rendering in the shadow from her head, effectively camouflaging it.

Thanks!  I hope to eventually convert all of Shana's Inked series into usable tattoos for Superfly, sans all of her Python scripts.  (Well, Volumes 1-10; when they started doing the Genesis figures, I dropped out.) It's a shame that second layers don't work in Firefly, as this would certainly simply the process for it, too.

Thanks again.

Over time, I bought the 10 volumes of Shana's tattoos, indeed. And I've never used the provided scripts as I was using EZSkin.
I like the idea to use the PhysicalSurface node, but I like Cycles too much (I know: I am not objective... HV9AYL7yOT2zWp6aE8nO6vge4XIC5nvf3CRGaI7F.gif)

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Nas 10TB

Thalek ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2023 at 4:20 PM · edited Wed, 12 April 2023 at 4:20 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Y-Phil posted at 11:28 AM Wed, 12 April 2023 - #4461912

Over time, I bought the 10 volumes of Shana's tattoos, indeed. And I've never used the provided scripts as I was using EZSkin. I like the idea to use the PhysicalSurface node, but I like Cycles too much (I know: I am not objective... HV9AYL7yOT2zWp6aE8nO6vge4XIC5nvf3CRGaI7F.gif)

I'm not sure how you applied the tattoos without using the scripts: if memory serves, the pose itself calls the scripts. Not that it really matters. You got results you liked.

I suppose I could also use the Cycle root node, especially if I knew a bit more about it, but ironically, it would be more complicated.  With the Physical Surface node, I load in an image file, and connect it to the Physical Surface at the color input and the transparency input.  Dial transparency to 1.0, change transparency Opacity to Transparency, dial roughness to 1.0, and it's done. I'm not sure how I'd accomplish it in the Cycles root as it has fewer inputs, and transparency doesn't seem to be one of them.

Found a weird behavior that I just reported as a bug: when the camera gets too close to the figure, the materials layer "peels" away.  It looks like this:

CSHZUSEwagglaJMHMh9W4QzaTEYCPtLerdvPPOk4.png

I noticed that they already uploaded a new version this morning, which included a repair for the online manual link. There were other fixes as well.  That was pretty fast!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2023 at 4:31 PM

Two things:

- the blue makes me think to a second layer: this color is often the default PoserSurface's dîffuse color
- the fact that while moving around or zooming in/out makes me think that there's some Cycles-based material

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

722 ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2023 at 6:43 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

ok i updated the new update  just a few minutes ago and now the renders are sh@#$T what the heck i was getting awesome looking renders at low settings now im getting crape renders 

722 ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2023 at 7:28 PM

ok so it look like no matter what set the render sample its only render 1 sample  or 30 out of a 100  ??????

722 ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2023 at 7:49 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

ok so my first download was 13.0.0.0  awesome renders at low settings the one i down loaded today giving me poop renders  no matter how high the settings are 13.0.296.0

ghostship2 ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2023 at 9:14 PM

@722 I'm running same build and not having any issues with it.

nerd ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2023 at 9:25 PM
Forum Moderator

@722 could you post a screen shot of the render setting you're using?

Thalek ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2023 at 2:36 AM

Y-Phil posted at 4:31 PM Wed, 12 April 2023 - #4461950

Two things:

- the blue makes me think to a second layer: this color is often the default PoserSurface's dîffuse color
- the fact that while moving around or zooming in/out makes me think that there's some Cycles-based material

This is a second layer with the Poser Surface root node.  It also happens in the Physical Surface root node, I later discovered, but the blue makes it dramatically obvious.

This is what the Support ticket response said:

"What you are seeing is known as a Z-depth artifact. It happens when the display isn't sure which layer of the figure is closer to the camera. Material layers are known to cause cause z-depth issues in preview. This is something the development team is working on.

Until this fix is released in an update you can usually reduce the appearance of this artifact by adjusting the Hither and Yon values on the camera you're using.

Hither and Yon are the near and far clipping planes for each camera. They limit the z-depth the camera renders. Try increasing the Hither and/or decreasing the yon. This creates a smaller z-depth and reduces z-depth artifacts."

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2023 at 7:48 AM · edited Thu, 13 April 2023 at 7:48 AM
Thalek posted at 2:36 AM Thu, 13 April 2023 - #4462000

Y-Phil posted at 4:31 PM Wed, 12 April 2023 - #4461950

Two things:

This is a second layer with the Poser Surface root node.  It also happens in the Physical Surface root node, I later discovered, but the blue makes it dramatically obvious.

This is what the Support ticket response said:

"What you are seeing is known as a Z-depth artifact. It happens when the display isn't sure which layer of the figure is closer to the camera. Material layers are known to cause cause z-depth issues in preview. This is something the development team is working on.

Until this fix is released in an update you can usually reduce the appearance of this artifact by adjusting the Hither and Yon values on the camera you're using.

Hither and Yon are the near and far clipping planes for each camera. They limit the z-depth the camera renders. Try increasing the Hither and/or decreasing the yon. This creates a smaller z-depth and reduces z-depth artifacts."

And it would be really cool to be able to use this option;

0WnV4XWUBpspXNS776MSiRlAnw7WtF5sQejKWg4h.png

without penalizing the performances of the interface y6wvxKbmhbF9398CSFJbtZZM9ulsanwDZSi7RtIo.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2023 at 9:34 AM
Forum Coordinator

I also had some weird effects when using layers. I was told layers were not stable yet.

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2023 at 4:27 PM · edited Thu, 13 April 2023 at 4:27 PM
Site Admin

Going for a more realistic portrait.  The only post-work here was a little exposure and saturation and a touch of bloom.  Lights and hair shader by ghostship2, don't know where I'd be without them :)

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2023 at 4:29 PM
Forum Coordinator
DCArt posted at 10:17 AM Sun, 9 April 2023 - #4461448

....  For an example, see Included > SuperFly > PBR Skin Shaders > Phys Surface Node > LH SSS Spec Bump. 

Examples there are useful but given for 'caucasian' skins only. Are they also useful for skins of other ethnical groups? 

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2023 at 4:35 PM
Forum Coordinator
Kalypso posted at 4:27 PM Thu, 13 April 2023 - #4462092

Going for a more realistic portrait. ....

Well done! 

This is where detail in the garment begins to cheat.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2023 at 4:52 PM
Kalypso posted at 4:27 PM Thu, 13 April 2023 - #4462092

Going for a more realistic portrait.  The only post-work here was a little exposure and saturation and a touch of bloom.  Lights and hair shader by ghostship2, don't know where I'd be without them :)

Wow!

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2023 at 5:06 PM
Site Admin

Thank you!  The dress is this the LongShirt by -supernova-

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2023 at 5:22 PM · edited Thu, 13 April 2023 at 5:22 PM

A dark Elf Dawn model was sitting in my project folder waiting for an opportunity to be displayed and rendered in P13.  This is a scene I constructed with reconstructed material shaders for Superfly Cycles.  Rendered with Depth of Field.  A slight increase in exposure and denoising at post-work.  

MOagFJg4y3ZPuVoeiFka0WFqLmWyPk1PNnoIErpm.png

ghostship2 ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2023 at 8:38 PM

@Kalypso Oh, nice!

@hborre Heroic dose? Great render!

ChromeStar ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2023 at 10:59 PM
FVerbaas posted at 9:34 AM Thu, 13 April 2023 - #4462018

I also had some weird effects when using layers. I was told layers were not stable yet.

Aside from the preview issue, I haven't had any problems with them. They render just fine.

Thalek ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 1:21 AM

I can't render anything past about 48 samples, either.  And when I try to run the GPU (which Poser apparently recognizes), Poser complains about the lack of a GPU kernal. I have an older NVidia GTX 650 Ti, which may or may not be part of the problem.  (Going now to run and older version of Poser to see how the GPU fares.  Given that I don't use the GPU, I suspect it doesn't work for me and I simply forgot.)

Speaking of that, does anyone know if it is possible to run more that one version of Poser at the same time another version is running? It's sometimes useful to run an older version when a newer version won't run a script, as one example.

Thalek ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 1:42 AM

Well, I guess I can't Show You My Render using gpu: Poser 11 and 13 give blank images and Poser 12 crashes.  C'est le guerre.

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 1:51 AM
Forum Moderator

GTX 650 isn't supported. FireFly needs the CUDA Compute version of 5.2 or higher. Nvidia made the compute versions extra confusing. Sometimes a higher number card has a lower compute version.

Here's the source from Nvidia: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus expand the heading "CUDA-Enabled GeForce and TITAN Products" and look for your GPU in the list.

You'll find weirdness like the GeForce 910M is a 5.2 compute and so it's supported. But, the 920M, 930M and 940M are compute 5.0 and won't work for SuperFly.

I run different versions of Poser all the time. It will work as long as they are whole versions apart. So yes, you can run P12 and P13 at the same time. I wouldn't try rendering in both at the same time though.

Being that a big part of my job is trying to break Poser I have 17 different installed versions of 3 major releases. Different versions of the same major release can be installed together they just can't be running at the same time.

Thalek ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 10:08 AM

Thanks!  You've always given me good advice over the years.

I heard the term "compute capability" for the first time about twelve hours ago.  My board is a 3.0, of course.  And my preliminary research is showing that not every sales site reports the compute capability as part of the specs. I just LOVE the news that the model numbers don't imply better capabilities with higher model numbers, of course.  Why would anyone want it simple and easy? 

Tentative research indicates I may need to upgrade my power supply, as well. And Microsoft tells me that my processor won't work with Windows 11, so I imagine that's another deadline I'm facing.  [wry smile]

Yeah.  I suspect that rendering would get a little problematic if I did that on two different copies at the same time.  I don't have liquid cooling, and I probably don't have enough fans to air cool a tortured CPU trying to do that.  "Och, Cap'n, but the solder's starting to melt! Can we back it doon to a mere 150% of the power rating?"

I have a talent for breaking software.  I already broke the layers preview display just by trying to get a closer look at what I was doing.  [wry smile]  Even managed to have my layer display properly in Pose room and disappear utterly in the thumbnail when I saved it. As they accidentally introduced a bug in the Superfly rendering on the second release, I'm really looking forward to the third release.

I'm glad that even different versions of the same major release can play nicely if they take turns.  I would have thought that each one would write over the preferences and such of which ever one had been used previously.

Well, off to bed, and then, when I'm awake again, I'll get back to creating material layers for Shana's Inked series. Think I'll give 'em to her soul mate so he can distribute them as freebies if he likes.

Thanks again, Charles.

John

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 10:35 AM

Thalek posted at 10:08 AM Fri, 14 April 2023 - #4462149

Thanks!  You've always given me good advice over the years.

I heard the term "compute capability" for the first time about twelve hours ago.  My board is a 3.0, of course.  And my preliminary research is showing that not every sales site reports the compute capability as part of the specs. I just LOVE the news that the model numbers don't imply better capabilities with higher model numbers, of course.  Why would anyone want it simple and easy? 

Tentative research indicates I may need to upgrade my power supply, as well. And Microsoft tells me that my processor won't work with Windows 11, so I imagine that's another deadline I'm facing.  [wry smile]

Yeah.  I suspect that rendering would get a little problematic if I did that on two different copies at the same time.  I don't have liquid cooling, and I probably don't have enough fans to air cool a tortured CPU trying to do that.  "Och, Cap'n, but the solder's starting to melt! Can we back it doon to a mere 150% of the power rating?"

I have a talent for breaking software.  I already broke the layers preview display just by trying to get a closer look at what I was doing.  [wry smile]  Even managed to have my layer display properly in Pose room and disappear utterly in the thumbnail when I saved it. As they accidentally introduced a bug in the Superfly rendering on the second release, I'm really looking forward to the third release.

I'm glad that even different versions of the same major release can play nicely if they take turns.  I would have thought that each one would write over the preferences and such of which ever one had been used previously.

Well, off to bed, and then, when I'm awake again, I'll get back to creating material layers for Shana's Inked series. Think I'll give 'em to her soul mate so he can distribute them as freebies if he likes.

Thanks again, Charles.

John

You could also imagine to do a few steps, one after the other, not a full jump forward:

- first: the case: replace the old with one with better air flows, B-Quiet's are good candidates
- then: the power supply
- a video card

Win10 is supported till next year, at least. More details here.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 1:45 PM
Forum Moderator
Yes if you run different versions in the same major release they will be using the same preferences. If the updates made any changes to preferences it possible they would upset each other. That's not normally a problem. If it gets angry you can re-install and choose to "Backup and Replace Preferences" when the question comes up. That will clear all old prefs for a fresh start.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 6:01 PM

Can P13 still use the CPU to run????

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 6:59 PM
Site Admin
EClark1894 posted at 6:01 PM Fri, 14 April 2023 - #4462204

Yes, it can.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 7:06 PM · edited Fri, 14 April 2023 at 7:06 PM
Site Admin

I tried putting Poser 13 to the test with a crowd scene. It didn't want to render. It did once but then didn't. I'll have to look into it more. So I decided to use a lot of transparencies instead.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 8:16 PM
Online Now!
EClark1894 posted at 6:01 PM Fri, 14 April 2023 - #4462204

Of course it can, just like other versions before it. It's faster, though.

Lotharen ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 9:00 PM

Woah you guys have done some VERY nice renders. @Y-Phil and @ghostship2 you never cease to amaze me! Wish I had a quarter of your talent.

Thalek ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 11:41 PM
Lotharen posted at 9:00 PM Fri, 14 April 2023 - #4462212

Woah you guys have done some VERY nice renders. @Y-Phil and @ghostship2 you never cease to amaze me! Wish I had a quarter of your talent.

I think I've got a quarter of their talent.  That is to say, about twenty five cents worth.  [chuckle]

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2023 at 5:54 AM
Thalek posted at 11:41 PM Fri, 14 April 2023 - #4462221
Lotharen posted at 9:00 PM Fri, 14 April 2023 - #4462212

I think I've got a quarter of their talent.  That is to say, about twenty five cents worth.  [chuckle]
That would describe me as well, although being in the UK that would have to be in pence, not cents.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2023 at 7:32 AM · edited Sat, 15 April 2023 at 7:32 AM

Oh my...

TAdXMCSh5AM1tos1JxJ7MjBMR8axV7wKRKJxTfZY.gif

thank you so much mGoLnzs2bfviIv9MEq6S9oCQBD15irp1BJAc8cbg.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

Richard60 ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2023 at 11:13 AM

As Nerd said you can have multiple version of Poser on the same system.  I currently have 25 copies of Poser 13 on the system and it is really easy to do.  

1: When you first install Poser place it outside of the programs folder.  That way you don't run into permission issues.  I have mine on E:Poser:Poser 13.

2: Prior to installing a new version I will (with Poser Closed) rename the Poser 13 folder to z(version#)Poser 13.

3: Install the new version.  It will find the old location and offer to install there. Install and you now have the latest version with access to the shortcuts and file associations.

4: If you need to run a prior version close the current one along with the Queue Manager (if running) find the proper prior version folder and inside that folder double click the Poser Program icon.

This way you can test to see if the program is working the same way between versions or if an issue has ben fixed.  Also it ensures that there are no leftover bits hanging around that may cause problems.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

Thalek ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2023 at 11:56 AM

722 posted at 7:28 PM Wed, 12 April 2023 - #4461971

ok so it look like no matter what set the render sample its only render 1 sample  or 30 out of a 100  ??????

Turn off the box labeled "Adaptive sampling w/Threshold".  That appears to be what is interfering.  I have not played with changing the threshold level yet.

Thalek ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2023 at 12:16 PM · edited Sat, 15 April 2023 at 12:24 PM

722 posted at 7:28 PM Wed, 12 April 2023 - #4461971

According to the manual (you'd think a former electronic service technician would read those more often!),  Adaptive Sampling is a way to speed up render times.  When it detects that additional sampling will make little or no difference, according to the threshold WE set, it simply halts the render. This way, you get a good quality render while not having to render unnecessary samples if the extra samples won't make much additional improvement.  A setting of .050 lets you do a quick and dirty render to see if the scene "works" for you, without doing a full render.  A setting of .010 does a more meticulous job.  So does a setting of .005, at the cost of longer rendering times, of course.  A setting of .000 apparently is the equivalent of turning it off. 

Edited to add:  a setting of .0001 is apparently the same as entering zero, as it ran all of the samples.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2023 at 3:12 PM · edited Sat, 15 April 2023 at 3:12 PM

HD doodles, and yes, that is LaFemme.....

BgN62rrWDXMwZXY0NmMTQdvjvn5adcYneBybOv7d.jpg

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2023 at 6:30 PM
shvrdavid posted at 3:12 PM Sat, 15 April 2023 - #4462272

HD doodles, and yes, that is LaFemme.....

Gorgeous

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2023 at 7:33 PM

Red in a scene can indicate passion, rage or danger.  In this particular case, I would watch where I put my hand.

DHLW2QTZZ6eSGIh62cnAh73HUd22KXzShznqhypJ.png

Thalek ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2023 at 1:16 AM
hborre posted at 7:33 PM Sat, 15 April 2023 - #4462296

Red in a scene can indicate passion, rage or danger.  In this particular case, I would watch where I put my hand.

Wow!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2023 at 7:02 AM
hborre posted at 7:33 PM Sat, 15 April 2023 - #4462296

Woah... indeed 0lHKC7i6As9fyGdyCLVVwWF3IyH81AQEYfNn6qpw.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.