Tue, Oct 1, 5:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Render Rewards Points!

Giana ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2023 at 1:20 PM · edited Fri, 09 June 2023 at 1:24 PM

to your point, Rhia, if one goes to the MP and clicks on Poser New Products and then clicks the last item displayed on the page, at least for me, the release date for that item is May 5th, which means new Poser items have only filled up the first page in over a month's time.

now do the same for Daz items.  click Daz New Products, the last item on the page, and at this time, you can see the release date [again for me] is June 3rd, so a full page of products has been released for DS within 6 days.

that is quite a disparity, imo...

so less Poser items being created, less promotions in many ways of Poser items, on a site of the owners of Poser, their flagship software... i really just don't understand...

maybe they should offer vendors who create for Poser a better split, like instead of 50/50 [for non-top vendors], offer a 65/35 in favour of the vendor, and a 75/25 for top vendors, or something like that...

shrug

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2023 at 5:20 PM
Online Now!

Something needs to happen to incentivize content creation and better quality control for promo renders. The initial enthusiasm for Poser 13 is definitely dying down and I rarely see anything created specifically for P13 to take advantage of the vastly simpler PBR workflow. It's like everyone is stuck in 2009 or something. Meanwhile DAZ creators take advantage the latest lights, materials, layering, all of that. It's sad.

tsarist ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2023 at 12:37 AM

No points for non prime memberships? I was a member of Prime sine Year ONE. I finally let it lapse because money got tight the past year. I was scraping the money together but you jacked up the price by nearly DOUBLE. Now I see non members don't get ANY points?? I don't post to galleries or any of that stuff. My points came from purchases. NOT happy! 

LadyElf ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2023 at 5:27 AM · edited Sat, 09 September 2023 at 5:28 AM

I know this is an older thread, but I have to add my two cents as well.  I've been around Renderosity ever since it first started and have purchased thousands of dollars worth of products here and have stuck with Poser and Renderosity (could go to DAZ and spend my money on their legacy products) .  The rewards program was a wonderful thing for everyone.  Now it's only for Prime Members and honestly I would love to hear from someone that was involved in this decision as to why it was made.

I could be a Prime member however, there are not enough new GOOD QUALITY products coming out for Poser to make it worth the money.  Now you have taken away the incentive for me to continue to dip into my wishlist (thousands of items there) plus support those vendors that are putting out worthwhile products for Poser.
This decision is totally unfair and I'm sure those that made it had in mind that it would incentivize people to join Prime.  I will repeat, there are not enough quality products being made for Poser to get us there. 

As a long time supporter of Poser and of Renderosity, I would implore the PTB to revisit this decision.  It is a slap in the face to those of us that do not see a need or cannot afford to have Prime, but nonetheless still shop here.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2023 at 7:06 AM · edited Sat, 09 September 2023 at 7:06 AM
Site Admin

The reward points are not just for prime. There are many ways you can earn reward points. Only one is limited to prime members, and it's one of the lower point levels and it's the only one where you have to spend money to get it. You could earn 50 points easily by voting in the current contest https://www.renderosity.com/contests/1609/2023-animation-contest.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 9:32 PM

Did anyone say "Thank you, Renderosity!" for giving out more points? Oh, yeah, RodS and I did... I think we can do better than just two people.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 3:39 AM

TwiztidKidd posted at 9:32 PM Tue, 12 September 2023 - #4474500

Did anyone say "Thank you, Renderosity!" for giving out more points? Oh, yeah, RodS and I did... I think we can do better than just two people.

Add me - 10 points for uploading an image is very helpful, and 10 for votes.

It was just the issue of nix for purchases that got up my nose.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 4:23 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 9:32 PM Tue, 12 September 2023 - #4474500

I was going to give all my reward points to the next person who says "Thank You!"

No one did, so RodS is going to get all of them lol He's loaded now, I've been told he's giving out points if he likes your comments on his artwork LOL!

Enjoy, Sir Rod! Have a lovely evening, my friend... I'm going back to remodeling lol Have fun!!!

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 4:54 PM
Online Now!

Saaaaaay whaaaaaaat?? LOL Loaded? Me? 🤣 I haven't been "loaded" in years...  Oh, wait... You meant with points....😆

Well, I have a couple hundred, but I blew a few recently, and got some cool goodies for V4 (I think I'm the only one that still buys V4 stuff...) and even Photoshop. I'll have to do that once in a while, once I build the points up again...

Oh, yeah.... Thank You! Where are my manners? 😂

There's somethiNg speciAl coming to the galleries in a bit.... 😉

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 5:17 PM
Online Now!

"LOL just so everyone knows, RodS asked me to shut up for two weeks, hush points lol and forked over the 200 reward points. I gave them back though, you are stuck with me!!"

Oh, jeeze.... Now we're into hush money (points, actually)? This is starting to sound like a Government operation.... I think I might run for President, just so I can give that Donald guy a headache! 😂🤣

Nah... With my luck, I'd win. They couldn't pay me enough.... 😲

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 5:25 PM · edited Wed, 13 September 2023 at 5:28 PM

Good to see you smile again, my friend! Wow, the girls with TNA? 😲

Thank you, Renderosity!  <--- try it, it's not that hard

(something something gift horse in the mouth)

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 6:01 PM

since people are abusing the points system here, i am wondering about the wisdom of granting points for voting in a contest.

won't people who don't really care just open up an entry and place a vote simply for the points rather than considering the entry itself, the artist's time & effort who created it, etc.?

and does that not potentially skew the results?

and i know the number of images allowed to be posted in the galleries per day is a topic beaten and beaten, and then beaten again, around here.  but could we not drop the number from 8 to at least back down to 5?  or better still, only 3 a day, but you could up the ante of points for each image to say 30 points.  that would offset those who abuse the system from whinging about it as they would be earning more points at that, well, point...

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 6:28 PM · edited Wed, 13 September 2023 at 6:38 PM
Giana posted at 6:01 PM Wed, 13 September 2023 - #4474562

since people are abusing the points system here, i am wondering about the wisdom of granting points for voting in a contest.

Yeah, no... I'm still going to vote for who I want to vote.

"You Don't Have to be Old to be Wise" - Judas Priest

PinkCloudSlippers ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2023 at 3:39 AM · edited Mon, 18 September 2023 at 3:39 AM

The points rewards is dramaticly changed. Not for the best. 

Marketplace purchase prime only and no more points for tutorials. Prime member ship is now so expensive no reward point can box against that.

Renderosity is changing more and more. Forum posts closing by to much real comments, forum posts disapearing after getting to many real responces.

This forum post, I wonder how long this one is staying...

I started on Renderosity and Poser 11 Pro, which has DSON compatibilty (Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 (G12MF) characters, clothes and props in Poser)

For that I personally think Poser 11 pro was the last good one.

Because of the prices and some negative customers service switched over to the other program and merchant.

Bought 24000+ items there. So bought 24000+ items not here.

Hate it that old items are removed from the shop. Hate the 70% red dot prices. Hate the disappering Merchants.

Have warm feelings for Renderosity. In times of AI. These new policies are not helping Renderosity and 3D community at all.

PS. some kidd is on every forum post defending the new bad changes and is not even a prime member...

PSS Pic added from 2022. how the points were.

ph2EQQoYX01lT0LNHIMUIvldKu3iLM9bcTJt6K5i.jpg

Just some thoughts. Wish Renderosity well.

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 1:44 PM · edited Tue, 26 September 2023 at 1:44 PM
Online Now!

OK, this image is an example of the kind of nonsense we all have to deal with on a daily basis:

uxVWLF5alXpWJHMaIZCkO7LFakDCqrdOKHtgvmYs.png

Eight images (the current limit) all essentially the same. Basically it's a matter of assembling a quick scene, hit 'render,' change the pose, repeat 7 more times. 80 points! Woo-Hoo. Same scene, same light, just pose our well - proportioned lady, upload and get those points.

There are at least 4 individuals that do this on a daily basis. It's getting old.

Now, I am not trying to pick on any one particular member, nor violate any copyrights with this screenshot. If it breaks any rules, you can delete it, slap my hands, and I'll go to my room like a good boy. I just wanted to illustrate what is being discussed (or possibly just cussed).

My suggestion would be to either limit the daily uploads to 4 - 5, OR award points to only the first 4 uploads by the same individual.

I'll go away now.... 😉

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 2:28 PM
Online Now!

Thanks for the example,  that is precisely what's wrong with the current upload rules. Without illustrating it so amply ( pun intended), it remained anecdotal. 

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 3:11 PM
Online Now!

"Pun intended..." 🤣👍 Good one! Made me chuckle...

Let's reward QUALITY rather than quantitty..

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 3:29 PM · edited Tue, 26 September 2023 at 3:30 PM

Obviously he does not want you to miss any of the images from his daily uploads 😄 I'm actuality following him and he's following me and I'm going to keep him, he's a nice guy, he never said an unkind word about anyone.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 3:59 PM · edited Tue, 26 September 2023 at 4:02 PM

You can probably avoid this from happening by awarding reward points for each image, no matter if you do multiple of 8 in 1 upload or 1 in 8 uploads. Just trying to be part of the solution, not part of the pollution.

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 4:02 PM
Online Now!

Now I feel bad.... 🤔

I'm really not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, or be an asshole. It just gets old seeing the same stuff every day by the same 4 - 5 folks. However as of now, I'm just going to back off - I doubt that anything's going to change anyway. As I stated in my original post (I cannot seem to delete it):

"Now, I am not trying to pick on any one particular member, nor violate any copyrights with this screenshot. If it breaks any rules, you can delete it, slap my hands, and I'll go to my room like a good boy. I just wanted to illustrate what is being discussed (or possibly just cussed). My suggestion would be to either limit the daily uploads to 4 - 5, OR award points to only the first 4 uploads by the same individual."

Just a suggestion.

Have a good day, all.

I'll go away now.... 😉

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 4:13 PM · edited Tue, 26 September 2023 at 4:21 PM

Aww, man... please don't go away mad. I could ask him if he can do something but that's not my job + I don't like telling others, especially friends, what they can or cannot do... but most of all: if there would be an award for being lazy, I'd send someone to pick it up for me!! LMAO!

Have a lovely evening, Rod.

PS: Friend him and you have a word with him lol

maneki_neko ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 4:28 PM
RodS posted at 1:44 PM Tue, 26 September 2023 - #4475293

There are at least 4 individuals that do this on a daily basis. It's getting old.

not all of them might be doing it for the same reason...

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 4:51 PM · edited Tue, 26 September 2023 at 4:57 PM

2 uploads a day with 4 multiple images max. per upload, where every image gets points... or 4 uploads with 2 multiples allowed... 8 images a day with reward points and everyone is happy 😄

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 5:35 PM
Online Now!

TwiztidKidd posted at 4:13 PM Tue, 26 September 2023 - #4475311

Aww, man... please don't go away mad. I could ask him if he can do something but that's not my job + I don't like telling others, especially friends, what they can or cannot do... but most of all: if there would be an award for being lazy, I'd send someone to pick it up for me!! LMAO!

Have a lovely evening, Rod.

PS: Friend him and you have a word with him lol

LOL! Aw, I'm not mad, Rick - well, not in that sense anyway.... 🤣 More like the mad scientist disguised as an artist... Or something like that.... 😂 Yeah, I got that award a couple times - and sent my drone to pick it up!

I like your idea above! 👍👍

Have an awesome evening yourself, good sir! 😁

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 5:39 PM
Online Now!
maneki_neko posted at 4:28 PM Tue, 26 September 2023 - #4475316

I know. Some do it because they're upset about the "No AI" policy. 😉

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 5:43 PM
Online Now!

O...M....G!!!

I just noticed I misspelled "quantity" above... 😱

NO. That was not intentional.... 😂

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 5:46 PM · edited Tue, 26 September 2023 at 5:51 PM

Grammar is dead... How big is your drone, Rod? Just wanna make sure your drone fits inside my drone's compartment 😜

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 7:10 PM
Online Now!
TwiztidKidd posted at 4:51 PM Tue, 26 September 2023 - #4475320

2 uploads a day with 4 multiple images max. per upload, where every image gets points... or 4 uploads with 2 multiples allowed... 8 images a day with reward points and everyone is happy 😄

I like it!! What about this, Mods? Sounds like this would work for everyone. The uploaders still get their 80 points and the rest of us have a CHOICE on seeing all their uploads or not. 👍👍 Brilliant!

Richard60 ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 10:31 PM · edited Tue, 26 September 2023 at 10:31 PM

The best idea would be that all images uploaded in a day are placed in an image group and the first one uploaded is shown to the gallery and if you want to see more then open that group.  If someone has two different images then it will take two days to upload.  cuts down on the visual spam and allows all those render points to the uploader.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 12:46 AM

RodS posted at 5:39 PM Tue, 26 September 2023 - #4475325

no, I was doing it because I was upset about reward points for purchases only being rewarded for Prime members.

I NEVER uploaded AI work to the gallery ONLY the forum in a thread you could hide but instead everyone pressed for and succeeded in getting closed.

I gave up now anyway as I mostly do videos and upload those to Youtube and don't buy a lot here lately, but spent a small fortune at DAZ3D these last few months on 3D content.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

maneki_neko ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 4:18 AM

RodS posted at 5:39 PM Tue, 26 September 2023 - #4475325

or more exactly, upset that this particular kind of images got forbidden while other questionable inputs were/are still allowed and appreciated and rewarded, including other "one click effort" types like snapshots (i don't see much photography here), or a flurry of repetitive borderline obscene low quality NVIATWAS, or halfway better renders of nonetheless just as repetitive exclusively female models devoid of any scenery, not to mention an avalanche of 2D just as repetitive stuff in the freebie section (it has become a gymkhana to find other stuff meanwhile), etc etc - you got the gist.

i have never compared myself and my images (up to the ban, after is not a question obviously), be it 3D or AI, to the people and the images that made me go WOW years ago (not so many of them lately...), i know my (normal...) skills are not that good, and i acknowledge that AI creation (in its pure form, like with prompts only, not mixed media) can't be compared to the skills and effort needed to produce a GOOD render or possibly a magnificent interesting photograph. which doesn't make it crap either tho.
but to be thrown in the same bag as the careless bunch mentioned above, as i uploaded only my best AI images (that i sometimes luckily got after 1-2 clicks but sometime needed some more time/"effort)", varied every day with care with different subjects and styles so it's hopefully pleasant and diversified to look at, yes, that did "upset" me, to use a polite expression.
but why swim against the current when you can swim with the crowd, ey... looking at the actual gallery educated me concerning what was considered as "work of art" apparently. or maybe i could also use the occasion to show what's questionable with this general acceptance of everything as long as it's not AI.

it's not very obvious recently, but i also appreciate quality. however what quality - or the lack thereof - consists of can't be reduced to a medium.

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 6:26 PM · edited Wed, 27 September 2023 at 6:28 PM
Online Now!

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

@ maneki_neko:

I read your post, and I do understand where you're coming from. Especially with the "snapshots" of pretty much nothing most of the time. As a photographer myself (I have worked commercially), you are 100% correct that most of it is not 'photography.'  I've stopped looking at most of the utter crap in the 'freestuff' area. Photos of derelict buildings, cracks in walls, close-up of bushes, etc. Again, all done in the interest of getting those reward points, and not providing anything actually useful. Whatever.

So much has changed here, but one of the biggest problems I've noted (I've been here since 2009 or so..) Is that about 95% of the membership here is just so un-involved. There are still a precious few that can actually take a few minutes out of their day to make any kind of relevant comment on others' artwork. But not like the years past.

I was going to post another image of the repetitive 8-image floods from a couple of individuals that do it daily, but why bother? No one seems to give a damn anyway, so why waste my time? I'll just scroll past it, and comment on art that had some thought and creativity put into it.

And I'll keep posting my own work as well, just in case anyone gives a damn. I'm done with all this other 💩.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 9:52 PM · edited Wed, 27 September 2023 at 9:54 PM

I have been lurking, want to say some things.

Many of my renders are nude, and I am usually showing off a character. I also like nude pinups..... In the past I have gotten got pm's and emails about them being nude and I asked how I could possible show off the bodies with their clothes on. I was told by "those" people that they know what woman looks like naked, and they don't need to see it here............................  Fine change your user settings and block nudity already......... Don't tell me you don't want to see it, when you don't have to see it, ever. Isn't it amazing how many people will tell you what they think you should do, because they said so..... Sorry, not happening..... I don't expect any of you to do what I think you should do..... I don't even think like that to begin with.....

I basically only comment on things that interest me, friends stuff, or if someone used something that I helped on or released myself. I don't have the time to go thru the gallery everyday, so I do miss things. That's life. If I don't notice any of the first things I mentioned about what I comment on, I might pass right over it, and not notice.... If there are 8 in a row from the same person, I probably wont look at any of those...

As far as spam flooding in certain areas of the site being talked about. No idea what to tell you about that. It used to be that you had to pay extra to do that, and some did pay for that. Now it is free, gives rewards, and seems to happen a lot just because of that. There are days I wonder how lucrative giving something away all the time can be. What does Rendo actually gain from someone getting as many points as possible every day, and then giving content away while still having to pay the vendor? No clue how they pay for that. Do those same people actually buy anything to offset the costs? That, is an interesting question that I doubt they will answer if you ask... Many don't take the time to do production credits in the renders either, so they wont link anyone to any products either... I am still not seeing a benefit, but the may be one buried there somewhere.

I think the biggest difference in posts, participation, from years past to now, is social media and cell phones.... Many people are glued to a phone, and just scroll right thru it..... Everything is thumbnail size on a phone, so there is little need to look at any other page for a full size image that is the same size as the thumbnail..... People have even told me that themselves.... And I have no reason to doubt them.... 

If they linked the reward points to views and/or comments, that would be interesting.... Then bots would show up, again, doing comments, sort of like the past when you got basically the same comment, from the same person, on everything you posted years ago......... Think about that for a bit.......

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 12:02 AM

Let's enjoy this upcoming season: Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, and try to get along with each other's posts. If you have nothing good to say just don't say anything at all.  If you're having a bad day don't take it on your friends and other people on this site. It's not good to hold a grudge. 

Thank you, Renderosity!

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 1:21 AM
RodS posted at 6:26 PM Wed, 27 September 2023 - #4475421

@ maneki_neko:

I read your post, and I do understand where you're coming from. Especially with the "snapshots" of pretty much nothing most of the time. As a photographer myself (I have worked commercially), you are 100% correct that most of it is not 'photography.'  I've stopped looking at most of the utter crap in the 'freestuff' area. Photos of derelict buildings, cracks in walls, close-up of bushes, etc. Again, all done in the interest of getting those reward points, and not providing anything actually useful. Whatever.

So much has changed here, but one of the biggest problems I've noted (I've been here since 2009 or so..) Is that about 95% of the membership here is just so un-involved. There are still a precious few that can actually take a few minutes out of their day to make any kind of relevant comment on others' artwork. But not like the years past.

I was going to post another image of the repetitive 8-image floods from a couple of individuals that do it daily, but why bother? No one seems to give a damn anyway, so why waste my time? I'll just scroll past it, and comment on art that had some thought and creativity put into it.

And I'll keep posting my own work as well, just in case anyone gives a damn. I'm done with all this other 💩.

me too, i see where you come from... and i must admit that the "why bother" is starting to creep upon me too. trying to wake up anyone doesn't even work apparently.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 3:13 AM

incognito mode tells me someone is pretty good at holding grudges 🤣

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

HereComesTheRooster ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 3:37 AM · edited Thu, 28 September 2023 at 3:38 AM

WendyLuvsCatz posted at 3:13 AM Thu, 28 September 2023 - #4475439

incognito mode tells me someone is pretty good at holding grudges 🤣

Stop trying to flame bait others, add your input without attacking other users here.

Hope a Mod will notice your negative intention here. You definitely need some coaching.

HereComesTheRooster ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 4:14 AM

The reward point system is great but sadly you will always have greedy people trying to take advantage of it, thus ruining the experience for the rest of us, the ones who are not focused on maxing out on rewards points every day. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 4:23 AM
interesting profile looks like an alt, maybe I should create one too then

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 1:52 PM

I admit I considered starting to churn out 'cheap' renders for points, but you know what? That actually got me to start rendering again instead of just playing around with content and leaving it at that. Yeah, my images aren't 'great art' but who cares, this isn't the Louvre! So instead of criticizing others for their spamming of what you consider 'crap', how about you do something about it and start producing better stuff of your own? The more people who post better stuff, the less noticeable the spam will be!

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 3:19 PM

What puzzles me most about the reward points carry-on is that Rendo is happily losing money.

For example - I upload images untiil get to, say, 500 points, then pay for something with those points (and maybe a couple of pennies more).

OK, so Rendo has received points, not cash.

Rendo then has to pay the vendor actual money.

Rendo has actually lost money.

Which strikes me as daft.

If I only buy with points, Rendo loses money.

Please tell me that I'm wrong, and how Rendo can make any profit at all with this scheme. ....

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 4:11 PM · edited Thu, 28 September 2023 at 4:19 PM
A_Sunbeam posted at 3:19 PM Thu, 28 September 2023 - #4475472

Please tell me that I'm wrong, and how Rendo can make any...

You're wrong! The reward points don't lose their cash value at any step in the transaction. They only lose value if you try to convert them to cash, and no store will ever do such thing. They won't give you cash for points. The points are their own currency. All retail stores have their points, miles, credit cards, etc... and they encourage you to use their currency, giving you a hefty discount, you think they lose money when they do this?

"Yeah, excuse me.. I'm getting the best deal ever on this product, that's unacceptable, I need to complain" - said no one ever...

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2023 at 4:32 AM
TwiztidKidd posted at 4:11 PM Thu, 28 September 2023 - #4475477

You're wrong! The reward points don't lose their cash value at any step in the transaction.

So they don't give the vendor any money on that sale?

Items I 'bought' this last year were paid for in points. I didn't pay Rendo any money.

So in effect I got many items for free.

Which I find confusing.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2023 at 7:48 PM · edited Fri, 29 September 2023 at 7:54 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 4:11 PM Thu, 28 September 2023 - #4475477

All retail stores have their points, miles, credit cards, etc... and they encourage you to use their currency, giving you a hefty discount, you think they lose money when they do this?

You left one very important thing out. You have to spend money to get the points, miles, and cash back on your credit card. Those companies have revenue, from you, to make interest on until you get part of it back in some small way. Those system don't loose money, because you increased their working capital and they only returned a small portion of it back to you. No one gets frequent flyer points from hanging out in the airport lobby and watching planes depart.

But all of us can get render points from posting one we did at that same airport lobby, with no money changing hands at all to Renderosity. There are no initial gains attached to render points, in any way... Only assumed future gains or potential losses.... They want you spend money here because you don't have enough points to get whatever it is you buy. But until someone does, it is all losses.... It is still a loss when you do buy something with them. There are no gains in it at all, other than they sold something far cheaper than it should have been.... It is a fire sale, called something else..... The only gain, is getting you to participate in the site.....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2023 at 1:07 PM · edited Sat, 07 October 2023 at 1:07 PM
Online Now!

Hi, everyone!

I just wanted to take a moment to say a big "Thank You" to Mr. Rene G. Mata for letting the rest of us post our 1 or 2 uploads a week in what apparently is his private gallery, judging by the 19 - 20 or so images he's uploaded today (includes the multi-images per upload). Better stay busy, Mr. Mata - looks like CupcakeOfDoom and a couple others are catching up to you.... Enjoy those points!

Sarcasm? ME?? Nah..... 😉

I'm outta here!

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2023 at 1:52 PM

the other poster is probably following him and thinks he"s a great guy

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MyCleverName ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2023 at 2:10 PM

Regarding Renderosity giving away reward points and losing money in the process, you have to remember (or learn in the first place): the effective definition of economics is 'limited resources used efficiently'. Digital files are not a limited resource. Reward Points are not a limited resource. Neither are a finite commodity. And therefore, efficient use is irrelevant. The laws of economics are as steadfast as the laws of physics. They will not be broken easily. So, if a market requires a finite commodity, you need to ask the question, "What IS the finite commodity?" I've asked myself that question, and the answer I keep coming up with is...you. They need persons to create content. They need persons to buy content. They need persons to post free content. They need persons to observe free content. They need persons to be advertised to. And they need a reward structure to incentivize your interest in continuing the process (i.e. a reward beyond mere satisfaction). In brick and mortar retail, the idea is to get people in the store. Because once they're in the store, the odds increase dramatically that they will buy something rather than if they never entered. That's why you get 'free' music, events, book signings, etc. in Barnes & Noble, etal.

Thinking about it anecdotally, "But I never 'buy' anything unless it's free." misses the mark. I suspect that the quiet multitude far outweighs that anecdotal view. Anecdotally speaking, (with extremely few exceptions) I don't buy anything less than 50% off. But my personal frugality is, without a doubt, not a standard.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Mon, 09 October 2023 at 8:15 PM

I don't know if I said "Thank You!" and I'm too lazy to look up my own posts, soooo... THANK YOU! 😄

DocMikeB ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2023 at 7:09 PM

Don't take me wrong.

I am more a craftsman, a creator of 3D models than an actual artist and I post renderings very rarely but if Renderosity gives points to members posting every day similar images of average quality, it does not bother me.

If points were a limited resource, it would be reasonable to give higher rewards to people who put more effort in the making.
The same should be done with real currency (this is why a surgeon is paid more than a dishwasher, skills have a value).

But render points are a tool to promote participation and encourage members to be active.

And even beginners and amateurs are welcome.

When I update a detailed 3D freebie (typically the modeling takes me 100-200 hours) I get the same amount of points of someone who posted photos of a wall but it's ok because I don't post the free item to get a prize but because I like to share and to see my models used by artists.

Of course, when / if I work on commission I ask for a reasonable price.

A high poly 3D building with intricated detail and furniture cannot be paid like a low poly 3D coffee cup.

But freebies are a gift to the community.

So I appreciate everyone sharing his/her content, even the pictures of a chair or a fractal.

Only my two cents.

tsarist ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2023 at 9:04 PM

PinkCloudSlippers posted at 3:39 AM Mon, 18 September 2023 - #4474755

The points rewards is dramaticly changed. Not for the best. 

Marketplace purchase prime only and no more points for tutorials. Prime member ship is now so expensive no reward point can box against that.

Renderosity is changing more and more. Forum posts closing by to much real comments, forum posts disapearing after getting to many real responces.

This forum post, I wonder how long this one is staying..

Because of the prices and some negative customers service switched over to the other program and merchant.

Hate it that old items are removed from the shop. Hate the 70% red dot prices. Hate the disappering Merchants.

PS. some kidd is on every forum post defending the new bad changes and is not even a prime member...

PSS Pic added from 2022. how the points were.

ph2EQQoYX01lT0LNHIMUIvldKu3iLM9bcTJt6K5i.jpg

All valid points. Why do whole threads go missing here? I'm used to it a the other place, but we had for the most part avoided that nonsense here.

The disappearing items is a MAJOR annoyance. My money has been tighter than ever, so it's nice there's a discount when the items go, I can't take advantage of the sale!!

During this age of AI, Rendo should be doing everything to make things easier! I don't do contests so NONE of that's helpful to me. I'm too bust trying to sell work in the real world to try to win a tshirt or whatever online.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.