Mon, Jul 8, 12:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 12:05 pm)

Subject: Snarly's scripts

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2024 at 11:10 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 12:02 PM

Where can I find them again? I've searched the forums for an hour.

When I lost my laptop, I lost EZSkin3, EZDome....

Thanks!

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

donnena ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2024 at 11:40 PM
Online Now!

Google shows them as being here

https://cobrablade.net/snarlygribbly/poser.html

;>

Andy!

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2024 at 8:58 AM

Huh. I didn't even think to try Google. Thanks!

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2024 at 1:48 PM · edited Wed, 31 January 2024 at 1:49 PM

2vepJPiTaosmcpg4aCYGJa65MoiXCAxfwSOa26XO.png

How come when I try to import the definitions, presets et al, they are not showing up in the folder that I put them in??? Those are the only folders that are showing up when I click on it.

I added those folders into the settings menu, too. I don't understand why it isn't working.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2024 at 1:51 PM

mo2KCnvPwnLtNRilGG0NJt9cJltHxeCpqdMJ8aiu.png

I am absolutely mind blown. I installed it according to the readme...

jimros ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2024 at 3:10 PM

Here`s where I have mine,C:\Program Files\Poser Software\Poser 11\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\snarlygribbly-ezskin3

Hope this helps

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2024 at 4:28 PM

I have it in the scripts menu also. Maybe it needs it's own folder?

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2024 at 4:55 PM

That didn't work either. I am still seeing this:

kmGMQmIF2tLc3zsuW31FCKYun4Rizm3GXYCrXAbi.png

The other folders in that directory are NOT visible. I don't understand why.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2024 at 4:59 PM

This is what is in the folder, that is not showing when I attempt to do anything in EZSkin...

MOwakrvA7a3GjOggCJHAAu3YCc4WPjyxNgMNfeK5.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2024 at 7:22 PM

I figured it out. Snarly's script was looking in my runtime folder in my public folder, and not in the programs folder I put the EZSkin folder. Sheesh, what a pain in the ---

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2024 at 9:41 PM

Does anyone know of any updates to EZskin3? I

I've been using it for a while with Poser 12 with no issues, but recently the renders involving skin have been extremely flat - as if the model has a heavy application of make-up powder from head to toe. There is no normal skin shininess in direct light.

I can render the same scene in PP 2014, with EZskin2 ant it looks great. Any ideas? Thanks!

Rod

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2024 at 9:51 PM

EZSkin 3 has a Poser 12 update.

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2024 at 11:54 PM

Got it! EzSkin 3.2.

I'll post the link to this library of Snarly's scripts - maybe help someone else..   https://cobrablade.net/snarlygribbly/poser.html

Thanks!

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2024 at 3:20 PM

Installed EZSkin 3.2. Wish I hadn't - it's jacked up everything to hell. Poser 12 won't even render now. I'm hoping I can uninstall it and go back to EZSkin3 - although it's results are flat shin tones - no natural skin shine, no matter what I do. 😪

At this point, I'm thinking about going back to PP 2014 on this machine.

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2024 at 4:36 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I don't know what EZSkin 3.2 did, but it has TOALLY screwed my Poser 12 to hell.

When I installed it, I followed the directions:

1. Extract all files from the zip archive to a folder of your choice. This can be anywhere you like.

2. Copy EZSkin3.py to the Runtime:Python:poserScripts:ScriptsMenu of the runtime installed in the same folder as the Poser executable. Note that while this location is recommended, EZSkin will in fact run from any location.

3. Set up the custom shader engines folder: Create a folder anywhere on your computer to which you have write access. Then copy the files from the zip's 'Custom shaders' folder into your newly created folder. Run EZSkin and open the settings dialog. Set the 'Custom shader engines' folder to the newly created folder.

Did all of the above. Opened a Poser file and went through the "Edit Skin" dialogue, which showed the settings imported from EZSkin3.1. Hit the 'render' button. My dual monitors flashed a couple times, then the SSS screen opened, and showed the SSS being applied to the figure.

Then the 'render' screen opened with the render progress bar. Then.... Nothing. It just sat there doing nothing. I left it for 10 - 12 minutes, and there was zero progress. Top of the screen showed "Poser Application Not Responding." Poser was completely locked up. Had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out of it.

Started Poser up again, opened the same figure, re-checked the "edit skin" settings. Tried again with the same result. Same for the next 3 - 4 attempts. Re-started Poser (again). Same result. Re-started computer, tried again. Same result.

Removed EZSkin3.2, tried rendering same figure. Rendered fine. Re-installed the older EZSkin3.1 which had been working fine (other than the super-flat skin tones), and tried again. Locked up on render. Tried another figure. Locked up on render.

So, now it appears EZSkin 3.2 left some nasty little something behind that's totally jacking Poser to the point of making it unuseable.

Removing 3.1 from the "Runtime:Python:poserScripts:ScriptsMenu of the runtime installed in the same folder as the Poser.exe" brings Poser back to working status. 3.1 worked previous to trying 3.2.

I know I can add SSS from Poser's Material Room, but it's such a pain in the a$$. You can't apply it to the figure's full body (at least I've not stumbled onto a way to do it), you have to do it a zone at a time (I.E: chest, abdomen, hip, right thigh, left thigh, etc.)

Is there another plugin out there that does what EZSkin is supposed to do without sending everything to hell? I've been fighting this all day, and have pretty much had enough.

Any ideas out there?

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2024 at 7:39 PM

IQWqEx0FTKG7MDA51lG7aJkZEG4sr3MLEhy4Shmc.jpg

Finally got everything sorted after a couple days of fighting with it. Apparently no one reads this forum - thanks for all the help.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2024 at 10:47 AM · edited Sat, 03 February 2024 at 10:47 AM

I'm sorry that you encountered those difficulties.
I have tested EZSkin 3.2bis with Poser 12.0.1029:

Using the corresponding EZ Cycles plugin:

4B9V4znwoD61LcbadQ5EsJue88Re44ysIdUiY40V.png

Using the default Superfly plugin:

FLKSAfLkPM8az3viVcudaMl0KLwuSfgx8vWDzdlq.png

I didn't checked the values used, I just wanted to be sure that this EZSkin3.2Bis runs well with Poser12 also.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2024 at 1:30 PM

I think there have been some changes to the specific Material Room nodes after P12 that have affected the way rendered images appear.  You should thoroughly understand what is going on in the Material Room before tweaking EZSkin, depending on your methodology for approaching Superfly materials and rendering.  I honestly think that there should be an overhaul of the app to accommodate node settings.  For example, despite the fact that you are given options to apply different skin types to the Subsurface Scatter node, there is no actual mechanism to turn it on in EZSkin.  

@Y-Phil: The render with the default Superfly plugin looks much better than the EZ Cycles.  The overblown specular skin does not look natural or realistic.  Some individuals will object because they like that dermal sheen, but take a good look around, unless you bathe in baby oil, no normal individual looks like that.

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2024 at 5:59 PM

I do like a reasonable bit of sheen (check my gal in the yellow bikini - is that too much sheen?) as long as it doesn't go overboard. On the other hand, I don't like the skin having a "flat" look over the entire body. It looks like a heavy layer of makeup has been applied to the entire figure. I'll see if I can find one of the flat renders and post it.

Everything seems to be back to 'normal' (whatever that is....) with P-12 now.

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2024 at 9:24 PM

OK - here's one of the older renders - before I started mucking around with things. To me, she looks a little flat on the skin tones (I'm NOT telling her she looks flat, though...) What do you think? Do you like it like this, or with a little bit of specularity?

Just be careful what you say or she might use different fingers.... 😁

ilTOihvBn6pDXop0CxuXdSRyoHLoJRsqVF6Z7Mll.png

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2024 at 9:30 PM

And, Y-Phil, those renders do look good. I hope 3.2 continues to work flawlessly for you! 👍👍

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2024 at 5:35 AM

A slight bit of specularity should be about right.  The texture color looks odd though, a little yellowish.

CobraBlade ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2024 at 5:36 AM

That's really strange. No idea what could have made everything go so crazy.

Basically, 3.1 was the last Snarlygribbly update to get EZSkin working in Poser 12

3.2 is the further updated version by Y-Phil that is still being maintained and also has extra fixes like 3rd party shaders updated to also keep them working in newer version of Poser.

Poser scripts by Snarlygribbly

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2024 at 10:51 AM · edited Sun, 04 February 2024 at 10:51 AM

RodS posted at 9:30 PM Sat, 3 February 2024 - #4481226

And, Y-Phil, those renders do look good. I hope 3.2 continues to work flawlessly for you! 👍👍

Thank you rvlrTX4yILe9ACU8T2RM0qFYz7CAQKH3f4HzNeXs.png

I have to say that I don't use EZSkin anymore as I've my own materials now, but: I will retire at the end of April, as I have given enough of my time and energy to society in general, and I'd really like to create a new EZCycle plugin for skin, something like EZGhostship plugin, based on what he published here. I'll just have to retrieve the references.

That's something I've already started some times ago.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.