Sun, Sep 15, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:13 am)

Subject: how to fix holes in the mesh in poser?, thanks in advance

obdobd ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2024 at 1:30 AM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 3:57 PM

I created a character, in Poser 13, and when it was almost finished I saw that it had a small hole in the mesh that I don't know how to fix without having to start all over again. Can anyone help? Thank you

He creado un personaje, en Poser 13, y cuando ya está casi todo terminado he visto que tiene un agujerito en la malla que no se cómo arreglar sin tener que empezar todo de nuevo.

¿Alguien puede ayudar?

Gracias

Axc1D1zkSuoLPI1XAGtqxECK775uyGuE7IFUVL8O.png

hflam ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2024 at 1:40 AM · edited Thu, 15 February 2024 at 1:41 AM

may be the normal is reversed. you can use the grouping tool to flip back the normal.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2024 at 1:51 AM
Forum Coordinator

Is it a really a hole ( missing facet) or just a facet with inverted  normals? Is the hole still there when you render? If so, you can invert its normals in the group tool. 

Adding a facet is easy when you know the numbers of the vertices defining it but these are difficult to get from Poser. Best load the mesh into a modeling app.   

obdobd ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2024 at 3:00 AM

It's a hole. I've tried the normal ones and that's not it.

It happened to me when assigning materials, it was assigned to another material from another part of the model and trying to fix it I had to eliminate that piece of mesh and I no longer know if I should start again or if there is some way to close holes in the mesh.

In the photo of the partial rendering you can see that it is a hole.

Es un agujero. He probado lo de las normales y no es eso.

Me sucedió cuando asignando materiales, este se quedó asignado a otro material de otra parte del modelo e intentando arreglarlo debí de eliminar ese trocito de malla y ya no se si debo empezar de nuevo o si hay alguna manera de cerrar agujeros en la malla.

En la foto del renderizado parcial se ve que es agujero.

KCR8TtYH6Tbu9SgaNGg05AymvjreECpDD2MS7fd8.png

obdobd ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2024 at 3:24 AM · edited Thu, 15 February 2024 at 3:24 AM

The problem I have is the following: Imagine that I have two objects, one blue and one red, this one goes through the blue one, in the blue one I selected a part of its mesh and I eliminated these polygons with the group editor tool.

As you can see in the photo, it is a hole because you can see part of the red object inside the blue.

How can I eliminate that hole inside Poser?

Thank you.

El problema que tengo es el siguiente: Imaginar que tengo dos objetos, uno azul y otro rojo, este atraviesa al azul,  en el azul le seleccioné una parte de su malla y eliminé estos polígonos con la herramienta editor de grupos.

Como se ve en la foto, es un agujero porque se ve parte del objeto rojo dentro del azul.

¿Cómo puedo eliminar ese agujero dentro de Poser?

Gracias. 

KKoN5A48BlJ3Yyt3VAprMAE5hs74IrDY6rwPT9eD.png ypaLT6lZMFr5yfSM24WMPcJzKuO3ctVwqcd3ul61.png

bwldrd ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2024 at 3:48 AM · edited Thu, 15 February 2024 at 3:49 AM

Hmmm.. export the part geometry, fix the hole, import the fixed geometry, replace body part with  prop (object menu). Save figure to library with new geometry.. may work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

obdobd ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2024 at 4:47 AM

Thanks for your response, but there is no way to make it work.

If you do it through GOZ, it does not allow it because the geometry must be the same, so it is only for deformations on the existing geometry and does not allow adding geometry.

If I do it using OBJ, since it is not part of the initial geometry, it does not integrate with the Hierarchy editor structure.

Of course, I'm learning and I'm getting here, but I don't see that POSER has this type of geometry arrangements that can be very necessary.

Gracias por tu respuesta, pero no hay manera de que funcione.

Si lo haces a través de GOZ, no lo permite porque la geometría debe ser la misma, así que sólo es para deformaciones sobre la geometría existente y no permite añadir geometría.

Si lo hago mediante OBJ, como no forma parte de la geometría inicial, no se integra con la estructura de Hierarchy editor. 

Como es lógico, estoy aprendiendo y hasta aquí llego, pero no veo que POSER tenga este tipo de arreglos de geometría que pueden ser muy necesarios.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2024 at 6:59 AM · edited Thu, 15 February 2024 at 7:08 AM
Online Now!

Save the character to the library (let's call it CHARACTER 1.CR2.. When you save it, it will save an OBJ file with the same name (CHARACTER 1.OBJ) into the same folder.

In the meantime, take your ORIGINAL OBJ file back into your modeler. Fix the opened polygon in your modeler, and resave the OBJ file. For this example, I'm calling it CHARACTER 2.OBJ

In a blank scene ...

1) Add the CHARACTER 2.OBJ with the fixed polygon into the scene.

2) Open the Poser library, and navigate to the folder where you saved your original CHARACTER 1.CR2 file

3) Select the CHARACTER 1 library item, and then click the single checkmark at the bottom of the library window. Poser will ask you if you want to replace the current figure's skeleton. Answer OK.

4) In the Transfer Figure dialog that appears, make sure you check Auto Group to add any groups that you set up in the original version. You didn't mention if you had morphs. If you don't you can uncheck "Transfer Morphs."

5) Then click OK. 

When you return to the Pose room you should have a new poseable character named CHARACTER 2 that uses the new fixed geometry. Save that new version to the library as CHARACTER 2.CR2. Delete the CHARACTER 1.CR2 if you don't need it anymore. That should do it.

obdobd ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2024 at 12:04 PM

Hello, I have achieved it...

I have created a prop with that part, I have exported it in obj, I have fixed it in another program, I have imported it in Poser with the figure that had the problem, I have selected "Replace body part whith prop", then THERE IS NO LONGER HOLE, I added it to the group of that part, I had to put the material I wanted to put in that part again. For now, that's the only way I've been able to do it. It has created several new groups for me but I have not had a problem with it because I have been able to delete them in the "Group editor".

I will continue practicing it because I think it is something that is basic.

Thanks from my heart. You are awesome.

Hola, lo he conseguido...

He creado un prop con esa parte, la he exportado en obj, la he arreglado en otro programa, la he importado en Poser con la figura que tenía el problema, he seleccionado "Replace body part whith prop", entonces Ya NO HAY AGUJERO, lo he añadido al grupo de esa parte he tenido que volver a poner el material que quería poner a esa parte. Por ahora, sólo así he podido hacerlo. Me ha creado varios grupos nuevos pero no he tenido problema con ello porque he podido eliminarlos en el "Group editor".

Seguiré practicándolo porque creo que es algo que es básico.

Gracias de corazón. Sois Geniales.

PoserWorld2019 ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2024 at 9:07 AM

Easy way to determine if a "hole" is real or a flipped normal, select the object mesh, in the objects parameter, PROPERTY tab, adjust dropdown selectoin for "Remove Backfacing Polygons" to "Force Show Backfacing Polygons".  If the hole looks filled in the preview, you know its a flipped face normal on that polygon.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2024 at 6:53 PM

I always have to "sew" clothes. When I see something like that and have determined it's not a normals issue, I do a wireframe view of the prop and pull out the morph tool. I use the single point brush and reduce the magnitude to .1 or lower. Then, in the prop, I pull up a vertice of the hole to cover it. Sometimes, I have to do with more than one vertice. Sometimes, also, I have use the flatten brush (a small one) to "iron" the polygons together. Of course, this is just for small gaps like the one you've shown.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

RobZhena ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2024 at 7:02 PM

The pull tool can also patch a hole if the mesh is rich enough.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.