Mon, Jul 1, 1:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 01 1:24 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Gallery Block Button

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 7:44 PM · edited Sun, 30 June 2024 at 6:29 PM
Site Admin
I told you I would tell you before it became active, and now we're there. The months of waiting are over. Tomorrow morning at 10 AM CDT, the new Block button for the Galleries will go active. You will find the block button on the thumb, it is a little drop down menu with three lines. There are a few things you'll need to understand about the Block button. First is, it's not a block button, it's a Filter button. It will hide all the images from an artist you don't want to view. But, they are not blocked, you can still interact with them on sitemail, and forums, and they can comment on your art if they don't block/filter you. You can only Block/Filter a maximum of 50 artists. The reason for this is hardware constraints. You would experience lag otherwise. You will be able to unblock someone in your account settings under the gallery tab.

If you discover any glitches/bugs/problems, post it here in this thread, and I'll pass it to the Devs. I don't expect any problems, I got to test the feature on our test site, and it worked great. But, you never know.

So, here you go, you asked for this feature, and here it is.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 9:57 PM

Neat, thanks for the update :)

My Freebies

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 10:29 AM

AAAAHHHHHH, thank you thank you thank you. Much better 8-)

lauraguo ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 12:08 PM
Site Admin

Hi everyone! I'm the developer for this feature, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for feedback and issues.

The limit on blocked/filtered/hidden users for this feature has been increased to 100 users. (Did some stress testing, that increase should have minimal impact on performance.)

Crystalis ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 1:12 PM · edited Wed, 05 June 2024 at 1:15 PM

Thank you. I tried it on Wolfenshire and it works :)

EDIT: and I hit the x and then the Update button. Seems to work fine too.

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 6:21 PM · edited Wed, 05 June 2024 at 6:29 PM

It works great, one small suggestion I'd make is to have a confirmation ("are you sure") but purely technically it works great.

e: Need "Manage Filters" link somewhere, possibly on the same popup, something to let you edit your list of filtered users

My Freebies

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 7:33 PM
Site Admin

You can edit your filtered list in your account settings on the gallery tab.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2024 at 3:19 AM

I found it, that's fine but it's kinda buried in an obscure place. If this gets another pass it would probably be good to have that reachable from more obvious ways.

My Freebies

tim ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2024 at 11:33 AM
Site Admin

This is sure to bring peace and tranquility to the galleries.  :)

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 2:59 AM

Very handy.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 6:21 PM
Online Now!
Thanks, that's a really effective feature to make browsing the galleries fun again.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

shonsu ( ) posted Sat, 15 June 2024 at 11:43 AM
I came here to ask if it was possible to block any AI generated image.  Thanks for creating this.  

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 15 June 2024 at 3:40 PM
Site Admin

It's not possible to block a certain kind of image as there's no indication if an image is AI or not outside the description. Most of the AI comes from the same artists. Your best bet would be to block them.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ladylake ( ) posted Sat, 15 June 2024 at 4:47 PM

And there are several that post AI (in part or a lot) that list the images as something else.  Just saying.

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 16 June 2024 at 3:50 PM

Not having it in a separate gallery any longer is, I think, a big part of the problem. Because now it's scattered everywhere, making it harder to avoid for those that don't want it whereas before all they had to do was just not visit that section. Most of us who work with AI play by the rules and never post unaltered renders or any unlabeled stuff -- I know I'm always particular about accurate and detailed production notes -- but some folks who by now ought to know better don't bother. So for now blocking the artists is all you can do if you see anything, AI or otherwise, you don't like. The downside, of course, is that doing so blocks EVERYTHING by that particular artist, not just styles or subjects you don't have any interest in. Not a perfect solution, but better than having no block at all.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2024 at 3:50 PM

I have so far blocked 15 people and not one of them is an AI artist. Now I'm able to see more of what I want to see, as a majority of what I don't want to see is already taken care of.

Crystalis ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2024 at 8:49 PM
Nobody cares who you gonna block. AI images taken from another website and dumped here in The Renderosity Gallery, promo images that no one gives a hoot about, or any other kind of images posted. The Power is at your finger now. DO give credit to the developers for taking the time to create this feature.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2024 at 7:01 AM

Exactly.

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2024 at 1:01 PM

So far my block list is very tiny and I don't anticipate it getting a lot bigger unless the sort of stuff I'm not interested in seeing becomes more widespread, but I am glad to have the option. Kudos to the developers!

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2024 at 9:24 PM

THANK YOU, Wolf and DEVS! Hopefully this will have an impact on the daily floods of similar images by the same few folks! I have a few I'll be blocking (or more correctly filtering), but not many. Again Thank You to the Admins and DEVS! You rock!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2024 at 3:29 AM

I cannot find this block feature sadly, clicking the user's thumbnail just takes me to their profile, there is no dropdown menu

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2024 at 7:40 AM

No the user's thumbnail. When you go to the Gallery and you see the images, click on the little three line icon (also known as the 'hamburger') in the lower right corner of the image itself, one of the options is 'Hide images from this user'. That's how you filter.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2024 at 7:48 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2024 at 7:48 AM
Site Admin

You can find them in the gallery by the thumbnail of the images

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

FirstBastion ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2024 at 6:34 AM

Great feature to introduce.  The daily gallery visit just got more appealing.

FirstBastion ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2024 at 6:48 AM

Quick question.  Will the artists know they have been filtered? 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.