Thu, Oct 3, 12:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Simple toon pool (for Poser*)

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2024 at 11:04 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 10:28 AM

This is the supporting topic for my "Simple toon pool (for Poser*)" freebie in the Renderosity Free Stuff.

Details will be added in the next post once the freestuff upload has been approved.

(Note: This topic needs to be in place before I actually upload the freestuff item so that I can link to this topic from the freestuff item)

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2024 at 3:05 AM

The freebie's been approved, so here's the link to it in the Renderosity Free Stuff: Simple toon pool (for Poser*)

Please feel free to post here any comments (good or bad - constructive criticism preferred), suggestions for improvement, and/or questions about this freebie.

ToonPoolPromo.jpg

And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2024 at 4:12 AM

Includes two props

c0y9J0v0EJpYROULxWhEFSs1rC65NpByfHVRLtSG.jpg

and several materials for the different parts of the pool.

6lK9Xf0VWxrNlBHrZ4fp9cbBILTOJZah2WEpXFxA.jpg

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2024 at 4:35 AM

Lightweight "Boing!" mesh (732 vertices, 724 faces)
Not UV mapped.

Te8GKdVALONVJ36tfIsEmaMwlaiJR6dqkWVob5hu.JPG

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2024 at 5:06 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 5:08 AM

Pool mesh - diving board, ladder, and water plane are all part of the same object (1,358 vertices, 1227 faces)

z3h5WS4gW0ScsdFc68jFp5cfFB63nn8xrZT71TfV.JPG

Closer view of diving board and ladder

ZYU6NDQJC4kbMGTNamGcB5SB2KuGL2qf5tjjqEAz.JPG

Nine material zones (ignoring 'Preview'). All except the ladder and three diving board ones are UV mapped (by which I mean they have UV mappings that I deliberately created. The "non UV mapped" ladder, diving board, and previously mentioned boing text are actually UV mapped, it's just that I didn't do it - it's just whatever Blender did when I created them, which is probably each quad mapped to the full UV square)

zYxcVcyv82vNcUcdg2u5MrcSu07fTzSGFlX2FrBp.jpg

The ground (material zone name mis-spelt), water, and pool floor are UV mapped from top view

dz7izSuaOUFZjXOS0NnZSyavTclIZPo3m5ucV8TD.JPG oQa2vptgK44MRXnITVysLuhpqbAjJ3aPH5cLwxMp.JPG tbILtBGTUDAYT3rmW9rui52khqmeZVmFywh0FMa8.JPG

The pool sides UV mappings were lovingly hand-crafted so that the Poser procedural Tile node (or indeed my also lovingly hand-crafted random colour tiles stuff) would work nicely on it. It's basically a cylindrical mapping from a point inside the pool constriction, manually adjusted so the tiling remains consistent.

IG7rtZEPPAnMhzBaXK0Y5oDlJ1qu5P7DEMZmvCUg.JPG

And finally the pool edge, which is the 64 quads around the pool rim plus the bevels, is mapped to an 8x8 grid ! I did it this way so that I could use the Poser procedural Tile node (or indeed my also lovingly hand-crafted random colour tiles stuff) on this too.

w9awGgV0SDIGcZUBl1gfd8yjDWc2G38MtpRmMF8o.JPG

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2024 at 5:21 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 5:21 AM

This is a screenshot of the "3 Pool edge random brown" shader. Change the four colours in the ColorRamp and the Mortar_Color and Mortar_Thickness in the Tile node as you wish. 

J32S8G4hKbVrvljWBljBJXNOCOrSbpjpheju2cuf.JPG

And here's a screenshot of the "4 Pool tiles random blue" shader. It's exactly the same, but with different colours in the ColorRamp and a different tile size - the 40 which the big red arrow is pointing at. Change the four colours in the ColorRamp and the Mortar_Color and Mortar_Thickness in the Tile node as before, but you can also change the tile size, although make sure it's a multiple of 4 otherwise the tiles on the sides of the pool will be misaligned. 

m0mwt8ib1fqSS44Hoy3TE3DrWOxdyvfQjzVTUR2O.JPG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.